Jorodowsky's Dune

Has Sup Forums ever seen this documentary before? Is this the greatest kino never made?

>Jorodowsky's son as Paul
>David Carradine as Leto
>Salvador Dali as Emperor Shadam
>Orson Welles as Baron Harkonnen
>Mick Jagger as Feyd
>Udo Kier as Pieter
>O'Bannon and Giger on set design
>15 hours long

What did Sup Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

duneinfo.com/unseen/jodorowskys-dune-uncovered/16
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>discussed to death
>j was a cokefiend

As a fan of the book I would have hated it for being a complete bastardization

As a fan of movies it could have been neat but it was pretty clear that Jodorowsky was going mad with power

>Jodorowsky
>Hack

pick 2

It's clear it would have been awful

if you liked that documnetary you will like "the death of superman"

>fag spic didn't even read the book but just wanted to make a mockery of it because it is more dzielo than anything he could make.
It would be holy mountain tier dadaist trite

No it was a pile of shit that only gets hyped up because everyone wants what they can never have.

He didn't even understand the book.

>spice pirates
>Leto getting all his arms and legs chopped off instead of expending his last breath in a futile attempt to kill the Baron
>"We are ALL Paul Muad'dib!"

At least Scott revived some of his cool Giger designs for Prometheus...

>look at all these amazing storyboards and illustrations I had nothing to do with! am I not a FUCKING GENIUS?
This documentary is shit and Jodorowsky is shit

>it was pretty clear that Jodorowsky was going mad with power

That's what can makes a great movies, user.

no thats what makes shitty moneypits
theres a reason nobody gave him the extra cash to finally be able to start

duneinfo.com/unseen/jodorowskys-dune-uncovered/16

'In order to insult Duke Leto, David Carradine, Rabban the Beast gets his army, the Algerian army, to pull down their pants in front of the palace and shit. So there's going to be a scene of 2,000 extras defecating at once. So here's Charlotte Rampling, she agrees to meet with Jodo, she gets the script, she reads the script, and she says, "I can't be in a movie where there's 2,000 extras defecating on screen!" '

jodo confirmed for poo fetish

Why do all these adaptations want an old fuck as the emperor? The book clearly said he didn't look aged at at. I couldn't stand when Lynch's Dune opened with him being a weak old man, subservient to the guild. Turned it off there and then.

I love the documentary and some of his ideas and the artwork, but anybody who thinks that would've been a good dune movie is delusional

jodorowsky is a fucking hack, he dont even read the book, he only want to rape the thing

david lynch did a great job

It would have stood alongside such films as Flash Gordon and Zardoz as bizarre coke-fuelled curios filled with big stars who cant actually act.

When I think of Jodo's Dune, I'm immediately sideswiped into the realisation that it would just be a Beatles movie set in space, just with more midgets and shit and cum.

hot take

according to the Dune Encyclopedia Shaddam IV was born in 10134, and Paul was born in 10175, so he was only around fifty-five when the events in Dune took place. also he was full of Melange, being at the top of the food chain he could afford it, so he probably looked a lot younger.

when i heard that he wanted to "rape the story.. with love", i wanted to take one of his most beloved properties - perhaps the Incal, or the Jealous God or the Madwoman of the Sacred Heart - and make an incredibly shitty youtube quality version with hideous falsetto voices and sockpuppets, using actual dirty socks. and if he complained, tell him we wanted to rape the story. with love.

are you retarded?