How to get into watching football (soccer)?

How to get into watching football (soccer)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T8-JYSXDp9k
youtube.com/watch?v=YSU4RzH9Mwo).
youtube.com/watch?v=hYlTZIklbmU
youtu.be/yv4SpjMinlQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't think its physically possible for you people to concentrate for 45 minutes without at least 10 breaks.

First things first, do NOT pick a team, that's the wrong way to do it. Start watching random matches, preferably with Sup Forums. You'll find a team you like, but in time.

large(r) attention span and appreciation not only for athleticsm, but also for things like technique, tactics, and fighting spirit.
thanks for reading

Follow the premier league and champions league as a start, work your way into La Liga and Serie A later and a find a team you like
Best teams currently are Man City, PSG and Barcelona, so you might want to watch their games
Check r/soccerstreams to be able to watch the matches (unrionicaly the only good thing to ever come out of Reddit)

Come visit >us later

>>>/copalib/

Watch a few Premier League/Champions League matches. You can watch other leagues but I imagine an English-speaking league is more appealing to English-speaking people. Plus the Premier League has the bonus of having 6 big teams as opposed to the 2-3 big teams that other leagues have. Watch the games as a neutral, there's no need to bandwagon teams unless you want to be the most annoying poster on Sup Forums.

Pay attention to the half-time/post-game analysis if you're new to the sport, they'll help you understand the game better.

First start to love no points, no first down, no strike, nothing at all to get excited about.
Then when your team gets right near their goal, learn to love watching 10 mins of progress lost as the other team clears it since there's no icing penalty

Also, watch some tactical anlysis of Guardiola's Barcelona or some other GOAT team to get more familiar with how tactical the sport can be, you need to be able to appreciate that aspect about it if you want to regularly follow and enjoy it.

Getting into tactics as a newbie is not the way to do it. First you need to get familiar with the game, then you can start going more in depth if you want. Intricate tactics isn't what makes people start watching the sport at the beginning.

Watch Champions League and La liga games.
Don't fall for the Premier League meme. The games are boring and most the goals come from shitty defenders dropping spaghetti.

>why isn't a completely different sport like the sport I like

kek fpbp

>most the goals come from shitty defenders dropping spaghetti
That's the vast majority of football matches across the world. Very few goals are truly unsaveable, most of them are down to defensive errors.

>fighting spirit

OWWWW MEAN MAN BUMPED MY LEG OWWWWWW I CAN'T WALK oh wait im fine

youtube.com/watch?v=T8-JYSXDp9k

there's still diving but not as much as american footie.

If you like people who briskly walk along large fields then I suggest golf, because it has actual skill involved.

Yeah but if you don't know how defences are broken down and how space is created with positioning and whatnot, the passes will just look meaningless to you.
At a bar minimum you need to understand the roles of every position and the different profiles in every position (holding midfielder, playmaker, pivot, hole player, poacher, classic winger... etc)

t. watches a sport that takes four hours to complete 60 minutes on the clock

Eh I don't think an understanding of the more intricate roles is necessary. Know B2B mid, holding mid, attacking mid, fullback/wingback, striker, and winger and it's a good start.

Playing Football Manager is a decent way to gain an understanding, although it'll be daunting at first. I learned loads about rugby from a similar game

Unironically play the latest FIFA and start watching after a bit

>arcade games

Go see a game in person. The competitive standard in North America is definitely lower than Europe, but the best way to get hooked is seeing a game for yourself. Pic related; I saw Toronto FC beat Montreal in extra time back in 2016, shit was great (youtube.com/watch?v=YSU4RzH9Mwo).

Just remember, there's nothing more pathetic than bandwagon fans from countries like who don't watch their own domestic league. They're the fat weebs of the sports world.

Forgot to add this map.

youtube.com/watch?v=hYlTZIklbmU

This is the best post. It’s impossible to live and breathe a sport you’re not personally invested in. In order to reallly understand soccer and the culture that surrounds it, you have to immerse yourself in your local side and become involved in it’s culture. Only watching yuropoor matches cuz >muh quality is disgusting. Only after you’ve fallen in love with your team can you start watching other leagues with a true appreciation of the sport.

Also, you should probably watch Copa90 videos on youtube, they’re good as fuck

first post best post.

if you're picking a game to watch in the prem generally go for ones where each team is evenly matched.
if you watch man city vs west brom for example you're likely to be bored to tears.
In all honesty most games in the prem are shit.

which MLS team should i bandwagon?

t. my little sawker shills
>Copa90
>good
top fucking kek you can't get any more embarrassing than this.

>jogging for 90 minutes
>athleticism

>be a large giganigger subhuman that crashes into things
>athleticism
Just stick to your kike nigger circus shows, Amerifat.

Watch the PL this week and pick a team to support

Lmaooo this if I’m honest

None because they're all fucking shit and horrendous to watch. You can find better quality games in the English League One than Mls.

get into rugby instead, it's like soccer but not gay

What do you think of Watford v Chelsea

All these Angloboos. I bet you bozos say mate and wanker unironically.

Don't even pay attention to club soccer, the competition is almost nonexistent. Just watch international play, it's got more heart and competitiveness.

watch this weekends liverpool vs tottenham match.

I bet you suck nigger dick unironically. Dont @ me ever again.

Oi m8 'ow about you meet me an the lads at the pub for a pint, son? This will be a CRACKER of a match. The pitch is pristine, Abdul Amallah is in PEAK fitness an the mates are lookin to ave a go at the knobeds from Lelverpool! Make sure you wear ya trainers, lads

unsure, watford were good value for money against the top teams at the beginning of the season.
now they're in a relegation scrap and have a new manager yet to win a game they're probably going to be rather cautious and the game as a spectacle will suffer as a result

>Just watch international play
Tahiti and Tabasco

YES YES COME ON SON!! A CANNIT BELIEVE IT, WOT BUILDUP BY THE LAD MUHAMMAD LUKAKU!! A TOLD ME SLAG OF A BIRD TO GET BACK TO THE SAUCEPANS ONLY AFTA SHE BRINGS ME A FRESH LAGER BOYS!! WOT IS THE BEST LAGER FOR THE LADS WHEN TAKIN IN A BIT OF THE FOOTY? ENOUGH ABOUT THE FOOTY LETS TALK POLYTICS. WHO WOULD BE A BETTER PM? ROONEY OR GIGGSY?

PES is actually much more arcade than fifa
[spoiler] that's why it's the most patrician [/spoiler]

Do you have brain damage or something?

are you a cowshit that can't handle the fact that the eagles have won the super bowl?

OI ARE YOU TAKIN THE PISS OR WOT M8? YA HAVE TO IMMERSE YOURSELF IN THE CULTURE OF THE FOOTY LAD. YOU SAID SO YOURSELF.

more gay players in rugby, and no one cares :D

point of order: Lukaku is Roman Catholic.

You need to calm down, you sound like some MLS hipster faggot
youtu.be/yv4SpjMinlQ

>calling a point of order to Goalposting.

Champion's League knockout rounds start next week, just find whichever match has the most popular thread on Sup Forums each gameday and watch it with us. And then obviously there's the World Cup in the summer, so it's really the perfect time to get into it

>literally every angloboo American itt

Go to a bathhouse, find the biggest dick you can and take it up your ass

Congratulations, you are now a soccer fan

>Watching oilnigger teams battle it out over which dune coon has the deepest pockets

about this, any updates on the President The Rock situation?

>Amerinigger immediately uses homosexual analogies
I know you enjoy watching obese niggers hump each other but the rest of us arent as sick and demented as you Americans.

Coming into 2020 like...

loons

This match was so good, I watched the first 70 minutes and it was one of the best matches I’ve seen

>all the americans ITT that have never played football in their lives chatting shit about "jogging for 90 minutes"

oh i am laffin

this

>implying I watch soccer
No, it’s a shit sport

great way to answer my post
try again, preferably with actual arguments or opinions

Exactly. Op if you want to learn and watch soccer, support the domestic league while you're at it. Seeing a game in person (no matter how shit) is always more fun than sitting on a couch alone at 8am watching some euroball.

you did know Luakaki got his agent to tell everyone he wasnt a muslim? lol apparently he got upset about it

Start with purchasing a lifetime supply of Soylent.