/lbg/- Letterboxd General

Canada edition.

Previous thread: >Not sure what letterboxd is all about?
The mission of /lbg/ is to promote the intelligent discussion of film as art by providing members with opportunities for intellectual discussion, by recognizing patrician taste through examinations and by calling out embryos as they arise.

>Haven't got an account? Follow this link and sign up today!
letterboxd.com

>QotT
What are the greatest Canadian films and who are the greatest Canadian filmmakers?

>News
Recent threads have been archived before reaching bump limit.

Use as a link to find the /lbg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Patricians occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>Patricians may pretend to be normal users asking for recommendations and when you recommend something, they laugh at you for your plebian taste
>This is a thread for patrician purposes only don't offer or expect frivolous discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/machill54/
letterboxd.com/FutureDays/
youtube.com/watch?v=GME3fMeK5ts
discord.gg/DBHRx
letterboxd.com/Arokz/
letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Alternate QOTD: do you adhere to that notion that short films aren't films or whatever?

No one with a working brain does that.

need more films with that sweet 90's comfy atmosphere like Night On Earth

There is only one "film"

Body double

everything else is just a cheap imitation of the greatest artistic achievement of the human race

man of steel

letterboxd.com/machill54/

beep beep

R A T E
A
T
E

no
o

It's a fucking shame that To Live and Die in L.A is so underrated and ignored. It's easily the absolute best of that kind of 70's/80's loose cannon crime films.

letterboxd.com/FutureDays/

wow... machill... so cool......

It's better than HEAT as a "city film", as in making me feel the city.

>atrocity that introduced Roberto Benigni to America
>comfy

Benigni was introduced to America in Down by Law, not in Night on Earth

"XDXDXDXDXDXD" The movie

the BJ scene made me hard

Emily Jean is amazing

What did friedkin mean by this? Why is it the last shoot after the credits?

>You're working for me now.

Ben Stiller

hmmmmm......

What to heck?

>Sup Forums the review

Kill every last indian on the planet. Indians need to be fucking EXTERMINATED!

How does this image make you feel, /lbg/?

makes me wish emily jean were my gf

youtube.com/watch?v=GME3fMeK5ts

looks like dropout_gorro and his pack of discord circle-jerk ass-clowns are out of school

i hate watching movies

i have watched 3271 films and i hate them all

invite me to the discord

discord.gg/DBHRx

what is this

The Firm was a good hooligan flicks with a young Gary Oldman

letterboxd.com/Arokz/

Im glad you liked Stroszek

Herzog is a master at finding the right images that makes the events portrayed transcend. That chicken continually dancing with the annoying music, juxtaposed with everything else going on. There is more said and felt (without words) in just those last 5 mins than other filmmakers can do in their whole career.

>movies

Stop casting aspersions over users you know next to nothing about. Sally and I are great friends, anyone who has been browsing this general longer than 3 months will recollect that I said she was my fav new profile of 2016. A-S is a good guy and God only knows why he continues to give pointed and considered answers to the people that browse this retarded general; God knows why one of the few remaining interesting users attracts so much negativity. Also I wish he'd come back to the discord.

Lastly, link and I aren't even in the same discord anymore and the overlap of people we both talk to is getting smaller and smaller sadly.

>discord wars
What happened, did someone say something bad about Mann and get banned?

that was me, and i should be let back in.

machill makes such great threads

I saw the third Pirates of the Caribbean film at the Vue in Portsmouth, England in 2007.

The clean up crew rattled their wheelie bin into the auditorium during the last couple of minutes of the film and stood lined up against the side wall like soldiers on the parade ground.

During that fade to black between the last shot and the end credits - the moment when you pause for reflection over what you've just seen - they launched into action, running up the steps two at a time and noisily getting to work. They spoiled the climax of the (admittedly poor, but that's not the point) film and exuded the vibe of "Right, it's over. What or you waiting for? We've got work to do. Kindly fuck off."

It turned out there was an additional scene at the end, but no one would've been there for it. And yes, we could've made a scene or complained, but were British, so we didn't.

I just bought a bigger telly and a Blu-Ray player.

Sup, Sup Forums? I just got back from an early screening of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty starring Ben Stiller. Three words: hella f*cking epic.

I went with some friends and I don't think we went more than 10 seconds without standing up clapping. I mean what can I say about Ben Stiller that already hasn't? He's a cinematic genius.

The supporting cast holds their own though: it's got the incomparable Sean Penn, the lovely and talented Kristen Wiig and Adam Scott, the pundit from my favorite program Parks and Recreation.

This is, without a doubt, my favorite movie of the year (and arguably one of the greatest movies of all time) so I highly suggest you and some friends go out and see it when it comes out December 25, 2013.

niggers

not my OPs, you oaf!!!!!

not my OPs, you oaf!!!!!

not my OPs, you oaf!!!!!

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/