Was he right?

Was he right?

The thing is OP you need to go home and get your fuckin shinebox

Of course. Tommy was gettin' fucking fresh.

Well, Billy insulted him a little bit.

Batts could do whatever he want, he was a made man, Tommy was nothing, he should have gotten his fucking shinebox.
That's why Tommy got killed on some real greaseball shit

He was wrong to let his guard down around an edgy manlet shoeshine guy

Nah he didn't insult nobody, give us a drink

It always happens when an old member of the crew comes back and has to re-assert the hierarchy or start in a lower position.

But if he had any sense he'd realize Tommy is a loose cannon and is *dangerous* to fuck with.

And he pushed it so hard it was straight up challenging Tommy to make a move. Tommy let the same barbed joke slide about 20 times before stomping Billy's shit.

By Tommy's standards, he was pretty lenient.

Is everything to do with Batts fucking perfect?

pretty much

Why did Tommy need to get tough for?

There was no really there in the bar, fuck cares what some washed up prick thinks

Tommy got himself killed over stupid shit

What's right is right.

Yes. He was just bustin' chops in good fun but Tommy took it way too seriously. He should have joined the joke and had a laugh but what's done is done.

For cyring out loud what's gotten into him he was just breaking balls s'all

Give us a drink

That question is why the scene is so good

You could almost see yourself in billy's shoes

Ball breaking at its finest.

Why was Billy thinking about fucking guys in the can when he saw Tommy? was Billy a half a fag or something

Billy molested Tommy. We agreed in 2014.

so many layers

Did nothing wrong

HE WAS A MADE MAN

Ok.

lil bit, lit bit

The best thing about this scene is even though Tommy is a fucking headcase with no real justifiable motivation and killing Billy will have serious consequences, Jimmy and Henry don't hesitate even for a moment before helping him. That's fucking cool. That's respect. They are so tight-knit as a crew that even when one member makes an incredibly stupid and ultimately fatal decision they don't second guess him even for a second before backing him up in the moment.

No, he had George Lucas hair

Batts was being all friendly he didn't even bring up the shinebox until Tommy started acting like a proper little bitch. He was right to show him what real ball breaking was and remind him who's boss.

Precisely this.

>tfw no one itt's ever mentions the fact that only 2 people showed up for Billy, a made guys, welcome home from prison party

I wanna have a drink with some Irish hoodlums

You fucking feelin' strong Op??

yes
he was just rubbing Tommy's balls a bit

Tommy should have just gone home and got his wine box like Batts suggested

how long was batts in the joint? as long he didn't get fresh with the judge or insult the hacks a little bit he shouldn't have had more than a few years in there.

>Tfw no shine box

In the end, Billy won.

Jimmy actually orchestrated the whole thing in the book. Buy yeah your point also applies.

Why is this scene so perfect? Why does it work so well?

Didn't he say eight years?

I always assumed it was at the end of the night and things were winding down

I'm gonna go get the digits, get the digits

Salud!

Henry was offput by it and I think didn't want to be involved but he was in so deep he had to go along cause he knew how violent tommy and Jimmy were.

Of course, Billy was a made guy, so Tommy still needs to show proper respect, it doesn't matter if things have changed and Tommy doesn't shine shoes anymore

No more shines, Billy.

What?

When Batt's went into jail Jimmy took over his rackets/side businesses, it's only alluded to by the conversation about Batt's getting what he's owed as Tommy comes back to the bar.

Basically Jimmy planned the entire thing

You gotta look at it from Billy's point of view. He had just gotten out of prison after almost a decade, he comes home and runs into Tommy, who he hadn't seen since Tommy was a kid. That was a big deal to him, he wanted to catch up and take in the new big grown up version of the little kid he used to know. But Tommy treats the whole thing like it's just an inconvenience. That's pretty cold.

I said no more shines, Billy. You've been away a long time. People didn't go up there and tell you I don't shine shoes anymore.

Relax, will ya? Ya flip right out, what's gotten to you? I'm breaking your balls a bit, but that's all. I'm only kidding with ya

No more replying with quotes Billy.

Of course, Tommy was acting like a complete jerk, "watch the suit, watch the suit", seriously? You were shinning Billy's shoes 6 years ago

oh, OH! come 'ere

I don't remember. I am just trying to work out when tommy stopped shining shoes.

Problem I have with this scene is it's the first time you hear about Tommy shining shoes. He's introduced earlier in the movie helping selling cigarettes, etc.

You never get an inkling about him being a boot black.

Let's admit it, Marty fucked up.

>he doesn't have the entire scene memorized word for word

You gettin' fucking fresh?

By mafia standarts, definitely.

Funny thread

The real DeSimmone was around 23-24 when he "disappeared". Hope that helps

Marty fucked up nothin

he'd been trying to bang that jew broad for months.

Side gig, yo

Absolutely. You don't mouth off to a made guy like that.

Billy just got out of fucking prison and these new little shits are giving him lip, what the hell? Tommy should've been iced right then and there.

What do you mean it's funny?

How did they found out Tommy did it?

The scene takes place before the party and then they kill him after.