OLYMPICS GENERAL 2018

Discuss whatever you want to discuss, although non-degenerates will be discussing the mens slopestyle Skiing competition.
Empezamos!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PF65EhTg-Ek
youtube.com/watch?v=FAHmZxySlDo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

MIKAELA SHIFFRIN

umm the olympics isn't until 2020 this is a bit premature lad

>muh cycling

you guys don't win much in the summer games either, may as well ignore those too, losers

Wanna prepare for Thursday, is there a good place to watch via stream? I struggled finding a place in 2016.

I concur!

She’ll be unstoppable

Dont bother with that guy, im pretty sure hes gay.

events don't start until the saturday
opening ceremony is friday night (not shown live)
thursday is just some pre-show crap nbc is packaging since 90% of americans have no idea what the events or who the athletes are

and btw everything will be tape delay ofc

why is she so perfect, bros.?

Anyone else watching dopeski?

There are qualifiers that start Thursday.

>Dopeski
What are the Sup Forums names of the Winter Olympics. I remember only Deathslide and Waifusweep

How could you forget about her?

Eurosport is patrician tier. They have top commentators who actually respond to you if you ask them a question over an e-mail. So try finding that stream.

>Turkey
haha

HNNNNNNNNNNNNG

SOON

GEEz Ann a privilege fuck who’s tired of being outcompeted by Jamal and the third worlder. If only I could have sport that only rich people could do my mediocrity will finally be appreciated.
ITT Winter Olympics are gay stop pretending anyone care lol nobody can’t name a single athlete from this contest.

t. Creatura-American

I just hope my American skifu wins it all.

>France

man that's fucking ironic after all that Tour de France shit , they went on a witch hunt but here they are being shaddy as fuck

excited to see some curling on the big stage again.

Keep pretending that the winter querynpics are anywhere as relevant as the Summers lol.

you underestimate how popular winter sports are here in Europe

oh, so THIS is curling, huh

*BRAAAAPPP*

My white nigger

She ain't going despite her bitching........again

+1 on the Digs but I'll be on the look out for my waifu.

Chloe Kim > Mikaela

But SK is 17 hours ahead of PST I think, so games start Thursday, and opening ceremony Friday

Is that cross and curling? No homo, but I fucking love hearing the hose qts screaming at each other in curling.

Something like 7pm eastern Wednesday night we have mixed team curling

well you can't really call Olympic hockey "icefight" because unlike the NHL, the IIHF just straight up throws you out of the game for fighting. so nobody really does it.

>Waifusweep

>ol reliable granny
>not based christopher walker homan

for me, it's Snowboard Cross.

are we posting waifus?

are the russian qt's banned?

no, but they can't display the Russian flag or use Russian anthem

competing as Olympic Athletes From Russia

Why is she such a slag bros?

Is Scarlett the first trans olympian?

that's not anna sloag

Giant Slalom is the GOAT event senpai

youtube.com/watch?v=PF65EhTg-Ek

hey FUCK YOU

I can't wait, I only watch sports once every four years and it's for this

Last time I used Hola to try to watch CBC and BBC streams but that never really worked, and I don't even have a TV to watch NBC with anymore. How is everyone going to watch this time?

CBC was GOAT for Sochi so I hope they haven't screwed it up, tho Rogers probably did
I remember that for the second week of Sochi I was in Barbados and had to rely on BBC commentary for the hockey games. I didn't think there could be anything worse than american hockey commentators but I was quickly proven wrong

How many other people get highly emotional when it comes to the Olympics? I keep finding myself watching highlights and clips from past games and just letting the tears flow

youtube.com/watch?v=FAHmZxySlDo
I still can't believe a draw was possible and actually happened

Not me exactly but I do like getting rolled up into the drama. I actually like NBC's coverage because of all the background they go into and because they present the events in a more dramatic fashion. I get why people would rather just watch the events live as they happen and I do that too.

yeah, i can admit to that. by far the most emotional sporting event: competing for your country, personal and national pride, many events are individual and this is the only shot for an Olympic medal for a lot of athletes. it's a ton of pressure, and the spectators feel it, too, so there's this massive and communal catharsis throughout the Games

now watch as Gisin's sister gets in a three-way tie at this year's games

I'm devastated that she retired desu.

Is that the Russian loli from the Sochi games?

Is Figure Skating a sport? I guess there is some athleticism involved, but not to the extent of, say, the Floor Exercise in Women's Gymnastics or Diving, which are probably the sports closest to it

Da

They do more than the back 3 guys in the bobsled.

I demand blood!

but at least the bobsled is timed and not "judged"

So, thoughts for ski jumping? For both normal and large hills, it's Kamil and Freitag who are the biggest favourites, but who else is gonna medal?

Dawid "the sky is the limit" Kubacki?
Daniel-Andre "Thunder" Tande?
Junshiro "modest" Kobayashi?
Peter "I fucked 20 underage slags in the summer instead of training for the winter" Prevc?
Stefan "32 years old and slowly hitting his prime" Hula?
Piotr "crazy bastard" Zyla?

Man, am I hyped. Ski jumping starts on wednesday (Tomorrow!) with the official training for the Normal Hill. Can't really see anyone other than Freitag or Kamil winning it, but I've got this irrational fear of Kraft. The guy jumped so perfectly the whole of last year, I just can't get it off my mind.

Just think how clutch you need to be to fight for top marks.

So I signed up for directv now so I could stream on nbcolympics and the fucking chat support can't even confirm that it works for nbcolympics. It does, right? I didn't just get cucked out of 10 bux?

vpn & some jap coverage or bbc

looks like about 1000 girls in Whistler, tBh

the absolute lowest-tier sport in all the Olympics.
even lower than softball.

just

>Why always too much?
You can still see their faces otherwise.

I like snowboarding. I like apres ski . I like the cross country with the gun. Actually, winter Olympics is comfy. Yes I think I might watch. Especially if it's on Eurosport. That's the most comfy channel

>I like the cross country with the gun
Biathlon, Bono.

>tfw first winter olympics with webms

Deathslide
Deathpipe
Deathslope
Deathjump
Ice Judge
Waifusweep
Dutch Turnleft
Norwegian Drive-by

didnt even hit fucking parallel

vpn + bbc iplayer.
i hope bbc has the whole coverage of all events live.

cant wait for tomorrow

>Alpine-skiing events around 3 am

Nooooooo

chances are the live threads won't even reach bump limit since only americans and canadians will be up for them, not counting insomnia ridden yuros. I don't know who's bright idea was to give Asia three OG in a row.

fuck you, for once im in the damn right timezone!

not to be racist or anything but do you even know what snow is?

>singapore flag
>automatically assumes i'm a local
well sorry for not using a proxy of my original country

D E A T H J U M P

>first winter olympics with webms
Still need someone to do them.

>Roglic
That guy's a cyclist now, won Giro and TDF stages.

What is the best Olympic movie and why is it Cool Runnings?

pls don't be that guy

>ladies figure skating events will be between 1 and 6am
figures

>not based Fraulein Leni's Olympia
watch more kino

nah, you're thinking of curling ;^)

Saw the Tonya Harding biopic with Margot Robbie last night. Was very good I was surprised

>biopic
was it? didn't see it but it looked more stylized and tabloid-y than a straight up biopic

Yeah it tells her life story so it’s a biopic. Like how it focused a lot on how she was genuinely a great skater rather than just the Nancy knee bashing

>mfw they get speeds of 100 m/h.

eh they aren't getting eviscerated anymore so who cares

It's just a matter of time that a drone-camera crashes down on one of them.

Hey guys, any juicy maymays from 2014 you can share? I'll dump what I have.