Bobby, may I share something with you?

> A vision I had in my sleep last night—as distinguished from a dream, which is a mere sorting and cataloguing of the day’s events by the subconscious. This was a vision: fresh and clear as a mountain stream, the mind revealing itself to itself. In my vision I was on the veranda of a vast estate, a palazzo of some fantastic proportion. There seemed to emanate from it a light, from within this gleaming, radiant marble. I had known this place. I had, in fact, been born and raised there, and this was my first return—a reunion with the deepest wellsprings of my being. Wandering about, I noticed happily that the house had been immaculately maintained. There had been added a number of additional rooms, but in a way that blended so seamlessly with the original construction, one would never detect any difference. Returning to the house’s grand foyer, there came a knock at the door. My son was standing there. He was happy and carefree, clearly living a life of deep harmony and joy. We embraced—a warm and loving embrace, nothing withheld. We were, in this moment, one. My vision ended. I awoke with a tremendous feeling of optimism and confidence in you and your future. That was my vision. It was you.

Pure kino.

This and Brigg's monologe at the end of the first arc are amazing

This scene single-handedly redeemed Bobby in my eyes.

>“Rebellion in a young man of your age is a necessary fact of life. Candidly, a sign of strength. In other words, Robert, I respect your rebellious nature. However, being your father, I am obligated to contain that fire of contrariness within the bounds established by society, as well as those within our own family structure. Robert, I note your reluctance to enter into a dialogue with me, your father. There are times when silence is golden. Silence can be taken many ways—as a sign of intelligence. The quieter we become, the more we hear. [Slap] Now, I am a tolerant man. My patience has its limits. To have his path made clear is the aspiration of every human being in our beclouded and tempestuous existence. Robert, you and I are going to work to make yours real clear.”

>Wandering about, I noticed happily that the house had been immaculately maintained. There had been added a number of additional rooms, but in a way that blended so seamlessly with the original construction, one would never detect any difference.

That's beautiful.

Based Lynch.

If Bobby isn't a well balanced and extraordinary citizen of Twin Peaks in the revival I'm going to be very sad. That's one of hte things I want to see the most, a grown up Bobby that took after his father.

>suddenly this audio appears in Knight of Cups

Was that a metaphor for autism?

you could see it cracked something in his retarded brain, good acting bobby

One of the best TP scenes, Bobby is an underrated character.

heartful agree with you user. rebellion in teenager often equal happy full adult. i look forward to his story. maybe a friend with audrey.

biosphere is god music, Terrence Malick a feel-stealing-shit for bad terrible movie

Were you ever clever or original?

No not really.

Hank's dead, so hopefully Bobby and Shelly have an upstanding family.

Not Hank, Leo I meant

That scene was amazing. I was crying as much as Bobby.

One of the best scenes in any show ever. Bobby's character arc is one of the few really good things about the second season. I'm hoping all the spoilers and speculations for his character are right except for he and Shelly's daughter being the next Laura, that would be sad.

What arc? He's still the shitkid that he was in season 1

No he isn't. He starts to grow up and realize his actions have consequences. He's a Bookhouse Boy and Deputy now too.

Dang, these feels

Bobby changes a lot. Compare how he acts in the first three episodes to how he acts in the last three episodes. It reminds me of how I went from acting in high school to how I act now after getting a few heavy life lessons. Not in the same ways I mean, but in how different we both act.

>except for he and Shelly's daughter being the next Laura, that would be sad.
;_;