Why do Americans hate France?

Why do Americans hate France?

Way back when ameritards were still incredibly butthurt about 9/11 they took it as a personal affront that french didn't invade iraq with them

what a surprise that no sane person wanted to go die in the middle east just so bush sr. could get revenge on saddam.

jealousy

$8.95 for eggs and potatoes
What the fuck

Because france actually has a unique and interesting culture

we inherited the anglo spirit after the british empire fell.

Anglo-saxon culture + De Gaulle + 2003
But when you look back in history you'd see they already hated us a lot, you just have to read Mark Twain to understand how they saw us, so our withdraw from NATO and our refusal to follow them like good dogs in Irak only strengthened their hatred.
I would say they hate us even more than the english does

Mark Twain was just bad banter.

He is the most famous american author so I don't think so

this is over 10 years old, they changed it back a while ago.

Prices are inflated in Cali

It's only banter

Do you still call your fries "freedom fries" ? Is it unpatriotic to call them french fries ?

The funny thing is is that Frogs try to say USA should love France because of Revolution, but the real thing is is that most of the Generals/Officers in the colonial army would've absolutely hated French people.

Americans still considered themselves Englishmen for the most part. And it's very english to hate the french, many even in the congress did not like the french.

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS ;_;7

Why ?

>Anglo-saxon culture
Early on perhaps
Nowadays we make fun of limes just as much as baguettes

>De Gaulle
De Gaulle did not make Americans hate France
De Gaulle made Americans hate De Gaulle

>2003
Admittedly was just autism caused by autists, and not very widespread regardless of whatever your media tells you
Although we do still make fun of France for surrendering but it's no longer malicious

Eating French Fries right now bud

>most of the Generals/Officers in the colonial army would've absolutely hated French people
They did
When Marquis de Lafayette showed up in Philadelphia to join the Continental Army he was initially shooed out for being French

Its funny, because French one applies to them as well. lmao.

minus the work-ethic, they work long hours.

You know what Eggs Benedict is right?

>Americans still considered themselves Englishmen for the most part
What are you smoking?

Eggs and ham

Look it up my bro. I'm not making this up.

Americans can't handle the fact they owe their independence entirely to the surrender monkeys.

English muffin, eggs, ham, Canadian or actual bacon, and some sauce I can't remember
That's the American version

When will you faggots stop pretending you burned down the White House

He's not joking. I'm like 7/8 english 1/8 german, I consider myself an american of anglo saxon origins. Our culture is english.

First and foremost I admit we didn't burn the white house down. Secondly that's a different war you absolute fucking retarded. Jesus h christ read a fucking history book holy shit.

no that stopped very quickly after it started, and even then most people thought it was retarded

>Secondly that's a different war you absolute fucking retarded.

he never implied it was you dumb fuck i thought canada had a decent literacy rate

due to our history we see them as weird and intrusive

Hmm...

Having comprehension problems leaf?
Hope your brain hasn't been freezer burned yet, winter's just started!

Americans hate all Europeans, not just the French

The British did nothing wrong, King George the 3rd was a mad, but noble king fighting whigs in his own country. And the American founding fathers were traitorous whigs. God save the Queen.

Too bad they can't point any of them from a map.

that's not true, I know finland is the ballsack

Isn't France the capital of Paris?

Americans love France. We've had the same occasionally dysfunctional relationship with France as the rest of Europe. Fronce maintained its bristly degree of euroscepticism within Europe much like the UK, but without the Anglo layer of translation, it's sometimes harder for the US to navigate the political and cultural landscape. But we still like them. With the UK falling out of relevance, we'll like them even more as time goes on.

And yet you're going to throw all that heritage away and get an Asian gf
Disgusting

We don't that was probably made by some rednecks circa 2003 and us calling them cheese eating surrender monkies is just us fucking around.

>>De Gaulle
>De Gaulle did not make Americans hate France
>De Gaulle made Americans hate De Gaulle
This 100%. De Gaulle was a twat but he doesn't affect our opinion of the French. Also, I think it's the non-Quebecois Canadians who really hate him.

>Do you still call your fries "freedom fries" ?
Only jackasses ever called them that. Despite it being most likely inaccurate (I recently heard there is some evidence they existed in France before Belguim), we will always call them French Fries or just Fries.

>left is a loyal subject of his Majesty who is willing to die for his country, serving with honour and distinction
>in the feeble mind of the yank this gentlemen is the equivalent of a hipster fag
Nice taliban style insurgency you waged btw. Is that why you funded al queda, because they remind you of yourselves?

>Too bad they can't point any of them from a map.
>t.Sweden's Ballsack getting pounded by Russia.

Because they were rude to me when I visited

>Rude attitude
>Refusal to speak English properly
>Complete lack of gratitude after WWII

That pretty much sums it up.

This is mostly Parisians though. The other parts of France are cool.

wtf i love brazil now

Most of them fought in the French and Indian War

That's a bit presumptive

*pats you on the back*

why is speaking english required? they are not britain

All Americans do it

>Rude attitude

Fuck off

>Refusal to speak English properly

Fuck off

>Complete lack of gratitude after WWII

Memes

52nd post best post

I don't hate the French. Then again that's probably just because most of my ancestry is French.

So I guess my opinion doesn't really count.

That restraunt is in a military town surrounded by giant bases for the marines,navy and air force.
even half the navy seals are there.

And you're scratching your head about why the menu is jingoistic and a bit xenophobic?

Are you retarded?

>have nice culture
>refuse to follow USA foreign policy guidelines
>refuse to accept americanisation

>When Marquis de Lafayette showed up in Philadelphia to join the Continental Army he was initially shooed out for being French
What the ACTUAL fuck?
>Be literally the only reason America is independent
>Be hated for it

>Deplorable work ethic
They have a better work ethic than the US and the UK.

Also, what's the fucking point in the French? Are they just serving the menu with a contemptuous condescending attitude, a staggering degree of ingratitude, a non-existent amount of moral courage, a haughty portion of maleficent pseudo-intellectualism, with an add dash of smug revisionism, a deplorable menu and finally topped off with a destined to fail cradle to grave rudeness?

You yanks raped and killed more of their people than the Germans.

>Calling loyalists faggots
'Patriots' were the real faggots fighting for some banker or American aristocrat under the false guise of freedom.

When the loyalists say 'you'll never overthrow the might of the Empire' they meant you'll never get rid of the rulers of the Empire, which is true - you haven't.

EXCELLENT FUCKING POST

>in the US you can enjoy patriotic food and support the troops at the same time
I'm so jealous

The British did everything wrong, King George the 3rd was a mean and tyrant king fighting against freedom in his former subjects' country. And the American founding fathers were wise men. Semper Fi.

Memes aside, Frenchmen are very arrogant and rude, I can count on one hand the amount of times I've had pleasant experiences with the fr*nch. They also hate and viciously mock everyone who tries to learn their language, as if that retarded set of """rules""" with dozens of exceptions and special cases should be something to be proud of.

Only the Magyars are more rude, though at least they can say they were cursed and are just moody about it, the average fr*nchman has no excuse for being an unironic piece of filth.