"Maybe one day Dad'll come back if I just keep everything the same!"
"mmmmmhmhmhm"
"That is Silly. The magical thinking of Orphaned boys."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JIdwjUSFzMw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>If god is all powerful he cannot be all good
Damn...

im so disturbed by how sexually attractive i found him in his movie.

whats wrong with me? is it the powah of snyder compelling me to homo?

hmmm

ahhh

>cue to Bruce preserving Wayne Manor in ruins
Fucking KINO

W-what attracted you?

And if he is all-good, he can not be all-powerful.

pic related

no idea. i liked the scene where he had superman at his mercy and i just liked him throughout despite the fact he said some stupid shit. not all of his dialogue was awful, just the hamfisted stuff. i dunno maybe its the hair?!

Define "hamfisted"

And I think you're just self-inserting.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM BOYS!

the dialogue that was a bit out of place (i know a lot of people would argue all of it was out of place but i diagree) what do you mean by self inserting? that i want to be lex?

>that I want to be Lex?

No, I just mean that you might hold similar views but like that the character manages to achieve his goals with them.

And the dialogue isn't out of place, he's explaining his plan, and is a highly philosophically motivated character.

i agree about the dialogue, but i dont have the same feelings (like im not anti-god or anything) but maybe i just found him more interesting than batman and superman as characters go.

It's not about being an atheist or anything. Lex's main gripe with the world is that nothing confines to his standards of non-extreme,, yet absolute (in its own frame) morality.

Like, a beggar should act like a beggar, and not like superman. Superman shouldn't have a secret identity, he should be superman. If superman says he will save everyone, he should no tbe the guy destroying buildings and letting people die. This is Lex's POV.

hmmm i see yeah i guess i do agree with him then. thanks user! am i to take it you liked the movie?

>am i to take it you liked the movie?
Of Course!

His performance is really under rated imo. People seem to hate him because he isnt the animated lex

He was perfect for the type of character they were going for

He got the Razzie for it..

lol thats good, me too. i guess we big guys now....

agree.

The Razzies are utter commercialized trash.
There are dozens of absolute trash movies that get released every year, but they're generally microbudget so no publicity in covering them.

Like the Oscars they have the issue of only really covering the extremely popular and shilled movies.

It was an absolutely terrible portrayal, you millenial cuckolds.

>millenial cuckolds.
nice argument you have there

Pretty much. If BvS had been positively acceptred, it would havenever got the shitty award.

Yes but we all saw Gods of Egypt so we all agree that's bullshit

BvS was one of the best films of the year, almost eevry other film is worse than it is.

ALso, BvS does not have ANY plot holes. None.

I dont know if you're being sarcastic or not but god of egypt was actually pretty good

Plain lo in the morning.
Lola in slacks.
Lois Lane. Mmm. Come see the view. Um... Mmm-mmm.
Now the secret to the height is the building material. It's light metals which sway a bit in the wind. Hmm. And you know something about lexcorp metals, don't you, miss Lane?
>I've proven what you've done.
Wow, you're feisty. Unfortunately, that will blow away. Like sand in the desert.
>You're psychotic.
That is a three-syllable word for any thought too big for little minds. Hmm.
Next category: Circles. Round and round and round they go to find superman. Wrong category, boy. No, no, triangles. Yes, euclid's triangle inequality. The shortest distance between any two points is a straight path. And I believe the straightest path to superman is a pretty little road... Mmm. Called Lois Lane.

You came back.
You came back.

The autistic mannerisms let down his performance

Boy, do we have problems up here! The problem of...Of evil in the world. Uh, the problem of absolute virtue.
>I'll take you in without breaking you. Which is more than you deserve.
The problem of you on top of everything else. You above all. Ah, because that's what god is. Horus. Apollo. Jehovah. Kal-El.
Clark. Joseph. Kent.
See, what we call god depends upon our tribe, Clark-Joe. Because god is tribal. God takes sides. No man in the sky intervened when I was a boy to deliver me from daddy's fist and abominations. Mmm. I figured out way back, if god is all-powerful, he cannot be all-good. And if he is all-good, then he cannot be all-powerful. And neither can you be. They need to see the fraud you are. With their eyes. The blood on your hands.

>muh autism
no

>What have you done?
Hmm. And tonight, they will. Yes. Because you, my friend, have a date. Hmm. Across the bay. Ripe fruit, his hate. Two years growing. But it did not take much to push him over, actually. Little red notes, big bang. You let your family die! And now you will fly to him. And you will battle him. To the death. Black and blue. Fight night! The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world. God versus man. Day versus night. Son of Krypton versus bat of Gotham.
>You think I'll fight him for you?
Hmm, yes, I do. I think you will fight-fight-fight for that special lady in your life.
>She's safe on the ground. How about you?
Close, but I am not talking about Lois. No. Every boy's special lady is his mother.
Martha, Martha, Martha.
Hmm.
Why, the mother of a flying demon must be a witch. The punishment for witches, what is that?
That's right.
Death by fire.

>Where is she?
I don't know! I would not let them tell me! Uh-uh-uh! If you kill me, Martha dies. And if you fly away, mmm, Martha also dies. But if you kill the bat... Martha lives.
There we go. There we go. Hmm. And now god bends to my will.
Ooh, now the cameras are waiting at your ship. For the world to see the holes in the holy. Yes, the almighty comes clean about how dirty he is when it counts. To save Martha, bring me the head of the bat.
Mother of god, would you look at the time? When you came here, you had an hour. Now it's less.

He was autistic. His speech patterns were erratic

this scene was pretty fucking great

wut

ANd why woul dit matter, even if he was?

It was distracting. When you read his lines, it sounds great. You hear him talk with all his ticks and impediments and it takes away from the content

It took a second viewing to appreciate what he was saying and how calculating his character was. I hated him at first

same here. i like him now, but i found him cringy and off timing at first

>tfw you identify with Snyders take on Lex
how the fuck did he manage this

Are you a billionaire or a rape victim?

It's a great portrayal. Different, but it fuses elements from the different iterations of Luthor over the decades.

I liked him, he was a good villain. He's not really the Lex Luthor we were expecting but that's not a bad thing.

Wrong, stop quoting the God of Classical Theism debate incorrectly. God is all powerful, all knowing, all places and all good. If he isn't one of these, he isn't God.

That's not the point he's making, you autist. He's paraphrasing absolute power corrupts.

But it doesn't if you're God. That's the whole point. Lex was trying to say that God doesn't exist because God didn't come save his ass when he was getting beat by daddy. Conversely he hates the belief that Superman is God because Superman didn't come and save him from daddy's beatings either.

The point he forgets is that God gave humans Free Will, which includes beating your shitty kids ass. God would rather one out of billions worshipped him out of choice than having billions of sheep that worship him because he MADE THEM just to worship him.

BvS is sadly a lot of really shitty ideas thrown together that don't go anywhere. If you enjoy it, fine, but pretending it's deep and trying to see shit which isn't fucking there is an exercise in self-delusion.

Anyone who thinks Lex's plan revolved around the Problem of Evil needs to ask themselves why he invited Diana to Metropolis. He definitely invited her. She was at the charity dinner.

It has to do with the frame-up job that never came off.

it's simple. he's autistic

It's the hair

>tfw Snyder made a Batman and Superman movie with satanic underpinnings
There will never ever be a cape movie as patrician as BvS ever again. FUCK.

>satanic underpinnings

Wut?

It's not so much satanic as it is occult. There's hints all over it of what's really happening.

youtube.com/watch?v=JIdwjUSFzMw

I figured Lex was actually trying to create the justice league himself, based on his research and graphic designed icons. Kinda made sense that he wanted to monetise the security for when other world dangers come along

I honestly dont see or get it... unless its just another forced theme by DCucks

>that thumbnail
*record scratch* *freeze frame* "yep. that's me. you're probably wondering how i ended up here. for that we have to go wayy back, to a land before time..."

>an aspergers super villain doesn't have the same religious ideas I do therefore the movie sucks

>Wrong, stop quoting the God of Classical Theism debate incorrectly. God is all powerful, all knowing, all places and all good. If he isn't one of these, he isn't God.
I know that, you faggot, I was just completing the dialogue.

I agree with most of your post.

>BvS is sadly a lot of really shitty ideas thrown together that don't go anywhere.
for you
>If you enjoy it, fine, but pretending it's deep and trying to see shit which isn't fucking there is an exercise in self-delusion.
>shit that isn't there
Like what?

nah, Lex didn't. She was at the charity ball again when she meets Bruce for the second time (Sword of Alexander).

What frame-up job? DO you think he was going to go after Diana after Superman? I don't think he would do that, The amazons would hand him his ass. But if he had Darkseid's support.....

And we also know that the amazons have a Mother Box.

>If god is all powerful he cannot be all good
>Applying human morality to God

Im not going to engage in another long winded shit fest

The fact is 90% of all the shit that you faggots espouse simply do not exist in BvS and its annoying as fuck because you are memeing idiots into thinking bvs is anything other than garbage

>BULLY
Yup had a feeling it was you

Yep. that's my take on it, too. I don't know if he believes in any of the deeper stuff like magic, but he at least knows of Diana's existence, which would at least suggest that he's heard some of the stories.

Interestingly, he sort of hints that he might know that at least some of their world's mythology isn't myth. When he tells the story of Prometheus, he either ends it with the world's worst imitation of a thunderbolt, or he ends it with an exclaimed word, knowing that no one except Diana will get it. That word is, "True!"

>made in his image

>Original sin

Really polished my anvils

Seeing as Christians and other religions anthropomorphize God by making him into a human guy with a beard who made us in "his image," then it's fair to judge him based on human morality.

>Either God sympathizes with our problems but doesn't have the power to fix them, therefore he is not omnipotent, therefore his is no God.
>God has the power to fix genocide, massacres, tragedies and all other shitty things that happen here, but doesn't. That means he is not all loving, that means he is not God. Also he's an asshole.
>God doesn't have the power to fix it nor does he care, because he does not exist.

Pick one of the three that you find most comforting

It's a reference to the Tarot. The Hanged Man indicates meaningful sacrifice, enlightened sacrifice, and most importantly, is frequently a symbol of change.

Magic is waking back up in their world, and often that takes a sacrifice.

Here's the Joker in the Hanged Man inverted. It could just be "pottery," it could be an indication of the hyper-awareness the Joker displays in comics from time to time(sort of like Deadpool), and it could also mean that he's aware of what's happening. The Hanged Man inverted frequently indicates a period of chaos.

>Pick one of the three that you find most comforting

I pick none because I'm not a retard who thinks God is a guy with a beard.

>for i know the plans i have for you declares the lord

That's not the assumption, the assumption is that god controls the world and is yet bound by its rules and morality, of which he could be the creator and/or the base for.

>The fact is
stopped reading there, give some examples or fuck off.

Ok, now tell me how much of that is head canon

The only possible way I can wrap my mind around God existing is if it is a metaphysical super being that has evolved so far that it can shape the fabric of time and space.

The "God" of human religion is fucking retarded. I'm not against the idea of an all-powerful creator but it's not a man with a beard floating in the clouds

>it's BvS thread
>people discussing concept of God and studying Lex Luther's portrait by Jessie Eisenberg
Feels good

Theres plenty, and they've been brought up countless times by several others. But talking to you cucks is the same as banging your head against a wall

Its comfy as fuck desu

You see that "could be?" That's because not everything is spelled out. Not everything should be.

But by all means, keep thinking it's head canon right up until the New Gods hijack all the god-making and worship that the world's been throwing Superman's way and use it to open up their gateway or otherwise use him as some sort of conduit for power.

Then search for them in the archive and paste them. Don't shit up this thread if you're here to make baseless assumptions. You don't have a post history here unless you're a tripfag and even then, no noe gives a shit. That's why you need to post them again.

I kind of think of God as a Universal Consciousness that experiences and acts through us, like we're all fragments of the godhead.

So. like some scientists claim the universe is kind of like a living being, and that the living being is God?

I can dig it

>watch this one clip
watching the rest. brilliant detail on this film. unbelievable how much was practical

>martha scene
>forced justice league ads
>time travelling flash
>dreams that may or may not be dreams
>doomsday
>bullet side plot

I could go on

Thats stupid considering that there is most likely a multiverse

is this quickkino?

>he didnt get the majority of this film
dont you have a dead thread on the latest marvel to post in

>le he didnt get it

And here we go... kudos on not using the paki meme atleast

>superman will never save you falling off a building and snog your face off

jdimsa ;_;

Pretty much, or the multiverse is an infinite series of hypotheticals in the mind of a truly incomprehensible being,

Id feel so safe in his arms...

(No homo)

>other religions anthropomorphize God by making him into a human guy with a beard

citation needed

>The point he forgets is that God gave humans Free Will
oh I am laffin

That actually freaks me the fuck out. I prefer solipsism or even the matrix theory

>all these replies to a tripfag thread

>God can't be...
stop right there, God can be everything, that's what makes him God

fallacies. fallacies everywhere.

He gave them free will to do as they please with the addition of a simple instruction. I dont see how that negates free will

>>martha scene
Doe sno tbelong on this list. If you did not get it, then you did not get the movie
>>forced justice league ads
I don't see how they were forced, and the time for them was apt, too. People say that they were between the fight and the build-up for it, and that that is why it should have been removed. But that is the only place it can work. Bruce isn't a guy who stalls, and he mails Diana as soon as he finds out, and then he's going after Supes. This is the only point where DIana's intentions for joining them can be explained. Putting it in the middle of the fight would have been wrong.

And yes, they needed those videos. They could have been shorter, but I think it was pretty well-executed.

>>time travelling flash

Eh, that was cryptic and wasn't referenced at all after that. Bruce probably thought he was going insane until he saw Barry in the surveillance tapes, at which point he mailed them to Diana. He would have had anyway, but that added some weight to it and also something for Justice League.

>>dreams that may or may not be dreams
They're premonitions, or maybe glimpses into alternate timelines.

>>doomsday
?
Lex is literally insane, he's more concerned with metaphysical and philosophical equality (with very little attention to morality thereof) than with safety.

>>bullet side plot
Led to Lex's arrest.

so would i

the line is very easy to understand

Every one of those things has been discussed and explained multiple times. Doing so further would be pointless, because you'll just dismiss it as headcanon. Face it - you're reducing yourself to a troll in a discussion that you refuse to believe has any validity, and the saddest part is that you can't even see that it's you who has been memed - forced into believing that the only way a film can be perceived as following a formula. These are the things we're saying:

The villain never reveals his actual scheme.

The characters are all dishonest to varying degrees, some mainly with themselves, others(notably Lex) mainly with others. Clark and Bruce learn over the course of the film to stop lying to themselves. Clark does care what people are saying and Bruce stops rationalizing his vendetta as a noble act.

Do the characters stare into the camera and say these things? Of course not. It's at this point someone should probably remind you that Snyder does the bulk of his storytelling through visuals and action.

God can be everything

even the bible shows God to not be all good. Youre just being a stubborn idiot.

>Old Testament God

That's just the Demiurge - the petulant child/Creator that thinks it's the Monad.

>the bible

opinion disregarded.

>2nd option
>I think god should be an overbearing mother that protects me from everything