What's with the hate?

what's with the hate?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9ziXpIPAhD4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mulan Szechuan McNugget Sauce

I tried the first episode and it wasn't even close to funny. Does it get better?

autistic faggots who cant handle that people like something they dont
ree etc

It's a kids show and the shit keeps popping up in my recommended video list on YouTube.

>obligatory

What even defines a "kid's show" these days?

I remember RnM having attempted rape, suicide, and murder. Is it considered for kids because of its art style? I don't understand.

It's mediocre. That's the one thing you can say that will piss people off the most.

Some episodes were genuinely funny, but others felt like chores to watch. Some jokes were good, some were horrendous.

My favorite episode was Meeseeks and Destroy from the first season. I still think its the funniest one. If you can watch that and you still don't like it, just drop the show.

Yet I've seen BvS tats and I thought it was KINO? Guess I better hate BvS now. Reddit has it as their No.3 as well :(

>antifa in the middle

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP

Watch Interdimensional Cable 2. If you can stand that, you'll like the show. If you can't, I'd recommend dropping it. If you can stand the worst part of something, you'll enjoy the rest.

Remember when you were an unpopular loser in middle school and you hated the music and sports the popular kids were into?

That's Sup Forums and Reddit

Well it's fake, so you can make it up

What station does it air on?

I can't stand the first few eps of rurouni Kenshin but the Kyoto stuff is kino

False

/thread

Except I loved all of that shit, I just was a hipster as well by playing field hockey (I suppose yank equiv would be lacrosse). Rick and Morty is poorly animated, Morty is an insufferable character, the wife is a bitch, the husband is pathetic (but I love Chris Parnell) I unironically like the older sister the best.

The show isn't great, there is no harm in enjoying it, but understanding it has deep flaws is needed. It is, however, a sci-fi show which has some decent designs and ideas (outside of the 'alien languages' which are just sound booth improv, fuck sake that's irritating) and it reminds me of Futurama that has a slightly connected story line.

That's it. It isn't god's gift to animation, but it isn't god awful. It's just fine. I'm not going to see Season 3, maybe when I'm bored. First two seasons were good mixed in with a lot of shit.

What? I literally said if you can stand the worst part of something, you'll enjoy the rest. What you said does not counter what I said.

adult swim

so It's not a kids show, swearing, drugs, sex etc

adult swim

i really dont get the interdimensional cable hate. is it just people who hate improv in general?

Lol, that's exactly why it's a kid's show. Those things are what immature people find entertaining through the medium of television.

>tips fedora

And proud of it.

But it isn't funny improv, it's

>D-do I keep going? Are you still recording? Do you want me to stop?

Tier shit and you can hear it in the voice. It's like blooper reel given animation.

>and you can hear it in the voice
i dunno, i think it adds to it that you can hear them coming really close to breaking or saying something fucking retarded just to keep the bit going. like the 2 brothers trailer youtube.com/watch?v=9ziXpIPAhD4

Not for me, sadly. If it was played straight and they didn't break, it's fine. But when you play it straight, break and then you include the break, it's stupid. Sorry lad, that's just me. Power to you.

literally plebbit: the show

nothing us anons would enjoy, right my Sup Forumsrother?

You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters.

Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases.

Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.

>Sup Forumsrother

cringe

I wonder if animators feel any responsibility for crappy character designs, because they have to know some idiot will eventually tattoo it on them

why are you cringing? we're both just a couple of channers who hate rebbit and rick and memey

I forgot what the original pasta this was made for. I know I have a GoT one.

>kids show

what the fuck. most kids these days aren't intelligent enough to understand the laws and nuances of quantum physics and consciousness, interdimentionality and intricacies of the multiverse theory that the show delves deep on.
maybe me when i was 12, but I was quite advanced.

they're already up their asses with the second season

this. this fucking shit right here. I used to like this show and never really got Sup Forums's "muh reddit" hate until now, but this is just straight up cancer.