This

unironically

You have to go back.

Die brücke. 1944 the estonian film.

Check these digits

You first!

This

Schindler's Grift

Why are there no subtle portrayals of German soldier characters in WW2 movies anymore? It seems as if the more time passes, the more they have turned into nothing but bloodthirsty caricatures. No moral complexity is allowed anymore. And now all those movies are written by people who have zero credibility regarding the reality of WW2. They are ideological cancer.

Here's an example of a WW2 movie you can take seriously. The SIlence of The Sea, an amazing film, from one of the few classic filmmakers that Sup Forums universally loves and respects: Jean-Pierre Melville.

Melville was Jewish and a member of the French Resistance. In 1947 only two years after the end of the war, he started working on this film. He had no real budget except some of his own money, no studio backing him or telling him what to do, worked hard on the film for a couple years mostly by himself, he was a true independent and this freedom became the major influence of the French New Wave a decade later. It's an adaptation of a novel by an author named Vercors, who was also a Resistant. Melville started working on it even though he didn't have the rights and made a deal with Vercors saying that he would screen the movie for a jury made of 24 Resistants, and if one member or the author wasn't satisfied with the result, he would burn the film negatives, which would have ruined him and stopped his career.

This is a movie, made right after the war, by a Jewish Resistant and approved by others, openly depicts a German officer as extremely sympathetic and human, elegant and educated, noble and gentle. The movie has almost no dialogues. If you're tired of Hollywood bullshit and are interested in WW2, I urge you to watch this and the other movies from Melville's Resistance trilogy.

That's a stereotypical depiction of a group of nazis. Frankly, I'm offended by your bigotry.

Long time ago there was a holocaust movie my gradeschool teacher played for us. There was a big escape and 2 children were the only ones left. Near the end of the movie, They were near a path that signified absolute escape from the concentration camp. Only there happened to be a nazi guard keeping watch. The children were huddled under some branch or wooden platform fearing for their lives. Unfortunately the guard locked eyes and found them immediately. There was a moment of pause and then I think he smiled then suddenly the guard signaled to them to run away. They had one final cut to his face like "children, this is fucked up" and roll to Holocaust facts and them credits.

I thought it was touching.

tl;dr

>Holocaust facts

Good post

You would have to do a twilight zone tier twist for it to happen. Like that one episode when you find out this man being chased and then executed was a Confederate war criminal. The entire episode is supposed to force the audience to have sympathy, then the twist reveals that you just had emotional feelings for something society deemed as "this man was a piece of shit"

Hola réddito!

>alt left trying to derail a film thread
Nice
Make sure you use this as proof that we need a /film/ board again on Monday when hiro comes to talk about to fix it

I believe in the holocaust but every sappy holocaust movie had those "and 300 escaped that day !" At the end of the movie.

Why do neckbeards like nazis so much?

tldr despite all his biases, a kike who fought against nazis made an indie flick with his own shekels right after ww2 that focuses on noble and good-hearted german soldiers, the opposite of all cliches in hollywood propaganda

people are clearly talking about nazis here dipshit

Why do neckbeards protect gentle maidens online?

Is there a definitive person we can label as a neckbeards because I can't keep up with who the real neckbeards are.

Das Boot
100 Jahre Adolf Hitler (only german language)

Das Boot

Neckbeards are the image everyone projects onto people they don't like.

It's quite easy.

(You)

(You) are the neck beard

>Das Boot
did you actually see that movie?

Goddamn your retarded

Dead Snow

>alt right trying to make Nazis out to be good

I agree, we need a /film/ board so retards like you can meme to each other about epic the Nazis were while people who aren't retarded can discuss films

>believing in lies
kys

>while people who aren't retarded can discuss films
It's fine that you don't like nazis, but don't delude yourself into thinking that the /film/ board wouldn't be 80% bane posting, prequel posting, and goodfellas posting.

>did you actually see that movie?
I did and I was probably wrong because the crew mostly wasn't nazi. They were just germans. Anyway, at least they were not cliché germans. They were shown as real and complex people.

beat me to it

Watch der Untergang or the young lions. They are both un-biased