CTE Bowl

CTE Bowl

>F

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vuj_NF7gteQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How was he not flagged or ejected for that shit? Looked deliberate as fuck

heem sleepy

because cooks ran in a giant circle like an idiot. he was well established as a runner, not a defenseless receiver

How else should he have reacted? Let him get away?

It's still a helmet-to-helmet hit, which is penalized regardless of the receiver's status.

>the person that made this post

CUNTcussed

maybe you shouldn't dance around in the open field while not watching where you are running

cooks should have hit the deck he was dumb for lingering.

no helmet to helmet hits are only illegal to defenseless players. he was a running with the ball not trying to make a catch. you can use your helmet on anyone RUNNING with the ball

NFL doesn't care about CTE.

>I don't know what I'm talking about, but if I say it with enough conviction it magically becomes true!
Kill yourself, boston scum

I'm just surprised he didn't fumble, he went limp instantly

>the brain knows you were a runner and not a defenseless receiver according to NFL rules so it won't get damaged.
NFL needs to be sued out of existence.

Awwww Cooks is sleeping :3

Funny part is that's what he did all season, he heard footsteps and dropped balls constantly. He decided to finally have some balls for some reason in this game even though his coach threw the game. I'd be out the door with gronk, this coach isn't worth the brain damage.

American football will die by 2022.

Major CTE studies to come out this year, the league is shitting itself. That’s why the two questionable TDs in the owl went to the eagles - they wanted to both dispel the myth that the pats always cheat, and promote an underdog story to garner support for the NFL before it becomes blatantly obvious that all games are rigged in addition to being concussion factories.

Dark times ahead. Do not buy in to franchises. Do not buy apparel. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SIGN UP FOR FOOTBALL CABLE PACKAGES UNDER CONTRACT.

I literally stood up and applauded when this happened.

Did you do your homework yet?

F

>The Iggles won because of medical research

Not gonna lie that looked awesome live, cooks looked like an idiot running around and gets popped hard. Truly enjoyed that

Cooks literally got cooked

He took many steps, so he was a runner. He also ran into the guy while turning his head away.

If you take a cheap headshot on a defenseless receiver, you're in the wrong. They can see it coming and still not have a way of defending themself. That's why hits against defenseless receivers result in penalties, fines, ejections, and even suspensions.

Helmet-to-helmet hits against a runner doesn't make you in the wrong. The ball carrier is completely capable of defending himself and it's his responsibility to account for the defenders around him. You can't penalize a guy for doing his job

Shhh don't wake him up

sleep tite lil nig

That's what I was thinking as soon as he got hit that was dead weight the ball should have came out.

>Yfw I bought a shirt right after the game

Yes, the defender deliberately hit the guy with the ball.

Shameful

Pose looks awfully familiar.

go eat your meds you deranged fucking lunatic

>you still think the games aren’t prearranged each season in order to construct the narrative the NFL wants

And I bet you believe the Pats pulled their star CB for tactical reasons too.

>cowboys biggest draw in league no super bowls in 22 seasons
>2nd smallest market team beats 2nd or 3rd most popular team in AFC divisional to kill a blockbuster NE/Pitt AFC Champ game ratings wise
>Pittsburgh far and away most popular team in the AFC outside of NE yet they somehow avoid each other in the playoffs for 12 years
>Every blueblood in the NFC was hot baby shit this year{NYG, SF, Dal, GB}
>Best division this year was arguably the least popular in the NFCS
>Pats never played Dal, GB, or SF in a SB which would be a ratings monster
>Pats were a below average-average sized fanbase
>At least a dozen would have a bigger following if they had the success the Pats have had
Yeah its real rigged buddy

He should have been flagged. Not because I like protecting these guys, but because I think it would be nice if 1 died on the field every now and then.

If the nfl wants to survive it needs to only allow for rugby style tackling. It's safer, more effective and it actually takes skill. Look at the seahawks these past few seasons and how well they've been able to tackle

nigger he led with his shoulder and cracked him in the chest area. it wasnt a h2h hit

>Eagles made Cooks look the opposite direction he was running
>Eagles made Tom Brady drop the catch on the trick play
>Eagles made the Patriots kick holder stumble the ball
Stupid fucking Eagles hypnotists so rigged

I still can’t believe they haven’t switched to rugby tackles. It’s so much more athletic and would significantly improve clarity on pass interference calls.

It amazes me that he didn't fumble

Someone edit him into the Yamcha crater please. He certainly was this super bowls equivalent.

helmet-to-helmet is illegal under ANY circumstance, dumbass

No, it's really not. It's only illegal against defenseless players.

>A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass (passing posture)
>-A receiver attempting to catch a pass who has not had time to clearly become a runner. If the player is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player
>-A player on the ground

As long as the idea that better helmets and padding can mitigate the concussion epidemic remain there won't be any progress. It will be just as it is today in the NFL/NHL, where hits that end up a little higher than intended (or not) are suspendable regardless if the runner/skater put himself in a bad position and paid for it with scrambled eggs.

The solution is less pads. You still have a helmet, but a minimal one. Think Gretzky's helmet in hockey or the flight helmet looking things in the early football days. There's no way to fix the situation until players know they're going to get hurt trying to make these big hits. You can't legislate it away with suspensions, and you eventually change the entire game if you change the rules until there's no contact allowed.

This but unironically. NFL wasn't going to let the Pats win again when their ratings are in the shitter.

No.

We just need to transition to a tag football model, there's LITERALLY no reason for there to be such aggressive patriarchal overtones in a game of camaraderie.

This would also allow women to play on a more level field, where their nimble abilities can shine.

>going for the brain instead of the wrapup tackle

This is why the NFL is dying, it has retarded rules and the players are left out there to die.

M....muh CTE fuck that crap

>Looked deliberate as fuck
As most legal hits are.

>If the nfl wants to survive [yadda yadda] change tackling rules
There have been people saying this for over a hundred years and the NFL seems to be doing pretty well still. Maybe just don't watch it if you're a sally?

> patriarchal overtones

>Runs in a big circle
>Keeps his head down
git gud

Cooks made some dumb as fuck decisions in his short time playing the superbowl.

so unprofessional, no excuse for that in the NFL

the fucking idiot should be napping well before the kickoff, not during the game

>239 lbs

Perhaps your argument has merit but I wouldn't want to see ice hockey goalies like that one in your pic playing without a helmet. NHL players are a lot stronger now than they were in those days, catching a slapshot to the eye would be a career ending injury if it weren't for their helmets

KEK

guyz, they need to change all the football rules so that nobody can get hurt. if someone is concussed or hurt in the play that should mean the play was illegal. it should just be a group of men having fun together, showing good sportsmanship and approval for each others efforts. time is up on this sort of violence.

:)

i laughed out loud

There's nothing wrong with a sport that involves making your opponent sleepy.

>Still did not fumble
Based

It's the same shit in hockey. Keep your head up if you don't want to get rocked. The idiot shouldn't have ran that way without looking.

>high school football enrollment dropping by 60k every year
>moms watch the super bowl and see a player get spearheaded and knocked unconscious and almost die
>even fewer kids will play now
>more and more CTE studies come out
>schools are now unable to claim ignorance
>football is removed from schools nationwide due to liability

The end of football is coming VERY soon because the (((NFL))) swept cte under the rug for decades instead on working on legitimate ways to reduce head trauma

heem just sleepy

the NFL might die but the XFL WILL LIVE ON
XFL STYLE FOOTBALL COMING TO HIGH SCHOOLS

this isn't fucking college ball

but yeah i bet they add targeting penalties real soon, flag football the year after

>star CB
malcolm butler is a star cb now? jesus christ pats fans

>DAT NIGGER SMASH DAT OTHER NIGGER GOOD HURRR *claps*

He's not saying you should remove protections from goalies at all.

He's saying you should reduce the amount of padding in helmets to force players to hit more safely so they don't injure themselves or other players.

terrific post. this was exactly what went through my mind when jenkins did it

>two questionable TDs
>two
HAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHHHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

I'd say a pro bowl CB who made one of the most miracle super Bowl winning plays in NFL history is a star, yes

True, only one shouldn't have been a TD

the chad opening pitch

>This is why the NFL is dying, it has retarded rules and the players are left out there to die.
No one cared 10 years ago. Obviously, thanks to new science, we know things need to change, but whether people will stick around when the game loses part of what made it popular remains to be seen.

>There have been people saying this for over a hundred years and the NFL seems to be doing pretty well still.
The discovery of CTE changes things. Several players have retired while still in the prime of their careers, parents aren't letting their kids play, viewers gasp at someone getting knocked out when 10 years ago they would have been cheering for a huge hit.

*record scratch, freeze-frame*

Yup, that’s me. You’re probably wondering how I wound up in this situation.

Tackled him instead to slamming heads would be good. Gronk gets a viking funeral for the Jags h2h and the refs gifted the Pats a free TD after.

and people are gonna act surprised in 10 years when he murders his family and turns the gun on himself

I've heard the helmet argument before, especially when referring to how it works for rugby. I do think today's equipment makes players more careless, however, it's not like smaller helmets made the game safe. People still died. Rugby players still get concussions, in fact, the sport has a major concussion problem. Specifically referring to hockey, players used to be much smaller and slower (on average) than they are today. They didn't have the sticks of today. Pucks rarely made it more than a foot off the ice. Helmets aren't just protection against hits from other players, they're protection from slap shots and impacts with the boards and ice.

That took an interesting left turn.

Tee-hee!

Boom goes the dynamite.

Are you not entertained?

True. Fun fact: Gordie Howe got checked a little too far from boards once, flew into them head first. He literally fractured his skull and was dead for the read of the season. He came back to have the longest career ever, but it still makes you think what that did to his brain.

>one pro bowl
>winning 1 (one) popularity contest means you're elite
butler is a great player but he's not even a top fifteen CB in this league. what really buttfucked you was hightower.

Stand aside.
youtube.com/watch?v=Vuj_NF7gteQ

The real fun fact is the Loins just brought Ferguson in because Hipple was being destroyed by the Bears. And Hipple had to immediately be brought back in because of that.

And the 85' bears all knew that if they made hits like that today, they'd be playing for free because of how much they'd be fined.

He lived a good life

>The Seahawks wouldn't hammer people like this!

Literally happened when Earl Thomas cracked Gronkowski into the dark realm.

Tackle skills in football are awful. I'm not surprised that this kind of "tackle" is considered as legal.

If the NFL wants prevent the concussions they should start by teaching how tackle properly. It starts by watching rubgy.

Don't really care what happens to you if you play for the Cheatriots unironically. S

needs a blanket and a night light

>clean hit in all regards
>HE HURT HIM! IT IS NOT FAIR!

F

They teach effective tackling in pop warner (knees and squeeze). That's not going to stop some competitive asshole from blasting a guy when the stakes are high.

I agree with fewer pads, it's the only thing that will discourage these fucks from slamming into each other at full speed.