I watched the original for the first time only a few days before watching this...

I watched the original for the first time only a few days before watching this, so I don't have any nostalgia blinders on, and I hope I don't trigger any of you snowflakes.

But the remake was fine. Good, even. It didn't do anything terribly bad, it preserved the themes of the original. Scarjo's physical acting (ie her breathing) needed a bit of work, she should have studied Evan Rachel Wood's character in Westworld on how to act not quite human. She was however good at acting Major's range; from detached to questioning her identity. The ending was a tad too happy for my taste, but that was likely done for Western audiences and I didn't mind it so much. Kuze as a villain was a good composite of the Puppet Master, and they made his motives a bit more personal and identity based than political, but again, that preserved the overall theme of the original quite well. The visuals were gorgeous, many shot for shot the same as the original.

The highlight was definitely Batou, they turned him from a flat character in the original to a very round character in this version. Pilou Asbaek was fantastic, and them shooting the 'day off' scene where Major dives out of order added a lot to his character. It genuinely made me mad he has so little to do on Game of Thrones.

I am sad that it's not doing so well, because really, it's as good if not better than most Marvel capeshit that manages to sell amazingly.

You can get mad at me if you like and assume I'm b8ing, I don't mind. I'm an avid fan of cyberpunk, more-so Western cyberpunk and found little wrong with this film.

Same here I absolutely loved this movie and I find it way better than anything the MCU and DCEU are doing right now

So hope it gets a sequel

why was that cut

test screen audiences

Hate to break it to you man, but most normies hated this movie. Actually that's not true, most normies didn't even watch the movie. Most redditors hated the movie. That means Sup Forums will defend it.

So if you were hoping this thread would be a 300 post shitstorm you were mistaken. Nobody will think you're mad, or you're baiting because nobody cares to even feel enough to argue with you. Even the threads that came out laughing about its shit box office died quickly on this board.

Sorry OP. You are about two weeks late with this shit.

Next time start a thread about how jews wanted this to fail to push the agenda that whitewashing roles is wrong. That will generate a lot of posts.

>Next time start a thread about how jews wanted this to fail to push the agenda that whitewashing roles is wrong. That will generate a lot of posts.
Maybe if critics were Jews, because I think that's a part of what's happened with this and Iron Fist; the critic cabal wants to push their agenda and don't care about promoting unique films anymore.

((((test audiences))))

I loved Kuze's voice

This is Major

Nobody cares what your opinion is, its still flopping harder than my dick after seeing your mom.

Yeah when i first heard his glitchy voice i thought he was an AI like the puppet master that had gained consciousness, learned english by itself and inhabited an android body.

I though that would have been cool as fuck as a villian in the film because it is like a one up of the major.

Was quite dissapointed that it was just the majors gay twink bf and that the film expected me to sympathise with him when he directly killed innocent people (trash disposale guy) and was a mass murderer/cyber criminal.

The original puppet master didnt directly harm anyone.

reminded me of shodan

The movie was an adaptation of Ghost in the Shell not a remake of the 1995 movie fyi. Kuze is from the second season of the TV series. I didn't like that in this he and Motoko were forced to become full prosthetic. In the show they willingly chose those bodies after becoming paralyzed in an accident. Batou was done perfectly and fit his manga and anime series counterpart. You should definitely watch or read the other incarnations of GITS.

I agree, that the remake was fine.

The original was fucking trash, there wasn't much they could do.

>Batou, they turned him from a flat character
One movie isn't all there is to Gits you know. Batou is anything but a flat character. He's pretty much the protagonist in the second movie

Gonna paste what I said yesterday on a similar thread.

It was alright overall. Pretty good movie. But the dumbing down, added cheese, and kind of shitting on the core theme of the franchise made me upset.

At the end she says something like "it's being human that really matters" or some such shit. Maybe someone else remembers it better. But in the original she says...

"What if a cyber brain could possibly generate its own ghost; create a soul all by itself? And if it did, just what would be the importance of being human then?"

A huge theme of the franchise is that consciousness takes precedence over "humanity", and that clinging to our old forms and resisting change is pointless and unwise.

In the ScarJo version I didn't feel that at all.

Also, the asshole CEO guy was a hundred times lamer of a villain than Puppetmaster.

>sequel
>when they kinda mashed in 3 of the main arcs from both movies and SAC

>the asshole CEO guy was a hundred times lamer of a villain than Puppetmaster.
This.
Also the old man felt more badass

I'm aware of that, but I am judging the film on how it adapted the original because it borrows chiefly from it with small amounts from the other material.

Nice blog. How much did (((they))) pay you to write it?

Batou was much more developed in sac and second gig though.

Redditors didn't you know. I've looked at their thread.

maybe tray to shill in a asian board, it's over in the west.
enjoy your $.50

pacing was bad and the directing was bad. Fight scenes were particularly poorly shot

THIS
H
I
S
(this)
this

>oh hey our actors are going to have a really physical fight with taser sticks
>let's switch the lights off and reduce it to an epileptic strobelight rave

bravo, sanders.

director was Uwe Boll tier

hope no one hire him anymore.

I really liked the movie, but I fucking love a good cyberpunk, there are not nearly enough of them around. Story could have been a bit more complex but it served its purpose good for the transhumanist aspects.

I rate this movie

A E S T H E T I C /10