Will we literally ever learn why he didn’t play...

Will we literally ever learn why he didn’t play? I personally 100% believe they would have had a better chance to win had he played. What point was bill trying to make?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Robot_Davey/status/960551968514166784
youtube.com/watch?v=ZhBzfKGHqII
mikeresponts.wordpress.com/2008/03/10/top-10-dallas-cowboy-arrests-of-all-time/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was bad, real bad.

football fans are too feeble minded to understand disciplinary procedures so the patriots will never elaborate, no.

He was going to kneel

Kek

he was found with marijuana and was late to the team hotel Thursday

Source?

I heard that too. I think he also got into an argument with the coaches when he got caught.

twitter.com/Robot_Davey/status/960551968514166784

from a closed source on the pats payroll

Come on over to GB bud

It seems like disallowing Butler to play the super bowl is disciplining the whole team. I'm glad the pats lost, but there must have been some other way which doesn't hurt your chances of winning the biggest game of the year.

Oh boy, marijuana. We better bench him and set an example!

kek did your read the tweet? supposedly missed his flight, was ill, missed curfew because he was intoxicated, found smoking marijuana in his room and then missed Saturdays morning team meeting

Everyone on sports radio is saying that he had the flu and missed the team flight and Belichick got all salty about it. Maybe it was the final straw about something. Either way, we'll know for sure in due time.

sounds like team damage control after the fact, since now the coaches can't gloat that they won anyway.

>last game of the season
>just gotta toke up and be late to work
JUST

This.

yeah the team made him do it

tldr bb cut off his nose to spite his face

ask lawyer milloy you fucking child

So much for "it's a business"

Getting high and being late is grounds to be fired in just about every job nigger.

Bill cut his nose off to Spiderface?

I know for a fact Bulter is gonna get traded during the off-season. He won't comeback as a Pat I can tell you that.

No he's not. He's just going to sign somewhere else. He's a FA this offseason.

Bill was basically trying to show everyone he runs the joint, and if you disrespect him he doesn't give a shit who you are but will make you and the team pay.

what ever it was, butler sure as shit won't do it again, nor will anyone on the team for that matter.

he missed curfew and had weed on him and got in a yelling match with the pats coaches

I prefer butterfaces to spiderfaces desu

>cb thinking he's a game-changer
this is the most hilarious part desu

there's literally one coach in the league that would lose a superbowl to punish a player. Before sunday, you could say that sentence, and people would know who you were talking about.
Butler made the choice to do something under that coach.
Whatever it was, im sure it was clear to Butler never to do that, explicitly or implicitly, and he did it. I dont mean i have proof, i dont mean i think everyone else has to think this way, but having watched this coach for 15 fucking years, i am not of any doubt that is the case.

Really though, could he have helped? there were a few dope defensive plays by the pats secondary, but for the most part, as we all have seen, the whole thing was trash.

Bill looks like an egomaniac idiot if they never get back to another Super Bowl. very likely they never do

look faggot, you've been shilling this for 36 hours along with your gay ass twitter handle. get a fucking life

>doing all this stupid shit
>people still defend him, even Pats fans that know that he has been shit all season
Based Bill was even more savage for putting him on the bench so the other players could be reminded that this is what happens when you fuck up and act like a brainlet.

either way the Eagles were catching everything (butler is short as shit). but the pats also couldn't tackle for shit, which led to huge YAC and TDs. at least butler can tackle

not disagreeing at all, but obviously we'll never know. But if chung and brooks hadn't been heemed...anyways. speculation is fun.

yeah the "genius" bill really showed them defiant mouthy niggers walking out a fucking loser with the worst defensive performance in super bowl history

the D was going to get torched either way. maybe butler makes a single fucking tackle is all on some 3rd down or one of those missed tackles that led to a 30-50 yard gain. game of inches.....

Was he crying during the anthem because he knew he wasn't going to play?

100%. Here's the thing, consider the position butler put Bill in, having to make that decision. If you don't bench him, then you are weak and you lose the respect of your imposed discipline. If you done, well, this shit happens.
Thing is, long term, the discipline really is more important for future owls.

Yeah, because the Eagles wouldn't just avoid Butler and Gilmore and keep on thriving off the other matchups all around the Patriots defense. Rowe, Bademosi and all those slow-ass practice squad tier linebackers need to go.
If there's an argument against Bill is that he believed on this defense not the benching of a mediocre corner.

? confused, basically that's what i said without dropping f-bombs in my first post in that chain.

Yes

isnt he a free agent next year?
just fucking play him. increasing your odds of winning the owl and not resigning him next year is better than the shit show that they fielded on defense last night

The Eagles are the most well-rounded offense in the league, there was no way for this Pats defense to ever have a shot since they were playing a team that didn't just have one meme receiver to double up and shut down

They won by one score, and their defense only had one good play, luckily right when it mattered. I have no idea where you get "No way" from that. eagles heemed two guys and barely won.
you want to say difficult? fine, ill let you slide. but no way? what game where you watching.

No what are you talking about, the patriots never could have won, Brady played like ass and it’s all his fault they were utterly BTFO

>Brady played like ass
>put up the best numbers a Super Bowl QB ever had

hmmmmmm

They gave up 41 points to a backup QB lmao

If he's a free agent then he should sign and start over from scratch to another team. He will never get a SB and might as well be fucked hard because his career is over after that.

>there'a no chance that somebody beat us by being better than us
>w-we must have just made a mistake!
get fucked Boston trash

what did the retarded chiefs fan mean by that?
I think he meant the pats defense played like ass.. which would make sense.

Butler himself leaking the reason would be our best chance to find out. If he did something dumb he won't say anything and there's a 0% chance BB will ever say anything other than "football reasons". And of course they would've had a better chance to win, Butler is a good tackler if nothing else.

what the fuck are you on? they have the best QB in the NFL in a godawful conference that hasn't been this bad since the late 80's and early 90's they're still miles better than every other AFC team. who the fuck is going to surpass them?

this. bill was just maga-ing

they would have won if he played Belichick is a fucking retard

Based Bill. You don't get to 5 super bowls in 17 years by putting up with any Bullshit from players.

To give the cheats an excuse in case the refs couldnt stifle Foles

butlerfaces?

I hope Butler goes to another team to win a SuperBowl in spite of Belicheck and Pats. If this motivate himself to hate Bill and make him better than I don't what it takes for him to change his life.

Absolute bullshit, but at least you tried.

Bulter with the Jags would be awesome to see

He could have won more than 5 tho - so maybe player relations is one of his weak spots.

>Will we literally ever learn why he didn’t play? I personally 100% believe they would have had a better chance to win had he played. What point was bill trying to make?

He broke the rules, man. Bill's far more lenient that most coaches like him.

Doug Marrone benched Leonard Fournette and ruined his Rookie of the Year campaign for missing a team photo last year.

You've never heard of a butterface? A girl who's got a hot body but her face is pretty off-putting.

I went to school with a girl who was the embodiment of butterface. Goddamn though, she was tall, had nice tits, and had an athletic body, like a 9-10 body, and she was pretty smart too, but her face was like a 3-4.Should have still hit it still.

If the Pats let go Bulter now every team will get him as puzzle piece to the SuperBowl next year and the media will put Belicheck as weak coach.

This. BB made the right choice. There are rules on this elite franchise. They might be a bit more strict than other franchises but thats what makes them the Patriots. Remember this?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZhBzfKGHqII

It doesnt reflect bad on BB it reflects bad on the player for making stupid choices. Show up to work on time, there's a Super Bowl to be won and your teammates are depending on you. Dont do stupid shit. This is what happened to the Cowboys in the 90s. They did stupid shit.

why would you want the best CB duo in the league right now to be bogged down?

>He broke the rules, man.
It's not the coach, it's front office and organizations rules

Fournette should have kicked Marrone ass all over the place.

Blount went to the Eagles because he was going to take a pay cut and he wasnt about that. He knew he was good. This is way different than Butler getting high and being late. Break rules. He's a liability.

>lets just give every good player a pass on the stupid shit they do. Im sure that works out in the long run. Fuck discipline right??

Bulter is a good player but this situation from being benched in the Super Bowl will motivate him and hate Bill Belicheck for being a cunt to him. Put him San Francisco, Jacksonville or Denver.

Coaches are patsies, just like teachers only listen to their union bosses. Coaches don't care about you and only care about is winning. Discipline is novelty effect that wears off.

butler is going to the rams

This is like saying all quarterbacks are the same.
There are teams like cowboys where this is 100% true, and there are teams where the coach gets to run the team, like the pats. I dont even know if pats are the most extreme case, but belichick certainly gets what he wants. dude you dont sound like you know football. this plays out at college level too. every org is different.

That's the thing though. Those franchises will willingly accept him with open arms knowing that he breaks curfew and allegedly caught with MJ ? He does late in the season? Look Im not saying weed is bad or anything along those lines. I smoke occasionally and know that I could be tested anytime and I'm ready for that. Im dont play for the Patriots though. The stakes are high. Let Denver take him or San Francisco. They will bring him in knowing he breaks simple rules that everyone else apparently follows. Sets a bad precedent. Bulter doesnt make the Patriots franchise.

Butler is going to San Francisco or Denver

Chung and Rowe were being abused all night long, Bravo to Rocket Man and Bill for this one

>watching owl with family
>everyone talking about how they hate kneeling
>anthem plays
>camera pans over butler crying
>everyone start gushing about how patrotic these guys are
>they're not like the other black guys kneeling and disrespecting the flag and shit
>naw, look these guys love their country so much they're tearing up

lol Teacher unions are NOT like an NFL franchises. This isnt just football. Its that same for other sports. Our captain in our HS swim team was benched for being a shitter. Its called discipline. It's not going to help him in the long run if he feels he can get away with anything. You're just nurturing a prima donna.

>He's just partying it's ok.
>ay sorry coach i dun partied too hard I cant play

or better yet

>ay coach i dun partied too hard and got a DUI

>Our captain in our HS swim team was benched for being a shitter

Well I guess he didn't like your coach anyway. Like I said discipline is novelty effect and you need to find better examples.

It sets a bad precedent for everyone else. Have you never been in a team before? Or held a job where you're expected to follow simple company rules?
Do you not remember all the shit the cowboys got intp in the 90s?

mikeresponts.wordpress.com/2008/03/10/top-10-dallas-cowboy-arrests-of-all-time/

Its not a novelty effect. You sound like a college freshmen after taking a psych 101 class.

Butler LITERALLY won the Patriots a super bowl singlehandedly. The Pats only needed one turnover or a couple of good stops to win this game, and BB sitting their best cornerback to prove a point absolutely cost them a ring.

Butler went from unironically winning the owl for the Pats to standing on the sidelines crying and being humiliated in front of the world in just 3 years. Good luck to these faggots ever getting another player to buy into their system or take a pay cut.

>It sets a bad precedent for everyone else.
No it doesn't

>Or held a job where you're expected to follow simple company rules?

Private companies are much worse than women in getting away with everything.

>it sets a bad precedent for everyone

You're right. Losing a super bowl by implementing high school disciplinary tactics on a player who's about to leave in free agency was definitely the right call. I'm sure the other 52 players and the millions of fans are glad that Butler was taught an important lesson about personal responsibility.

Welp...

the Cowboys won a bunch of Super Bowls with those guys, which is something the Patriots failed to do yesterday

>Blount
>3 rings in four years
>related to Sun Ra

this guy
damn

If I'm Bill right now I would buy a couple security guards because Bulter is gonna kill man or a couple people right now. If I'm Kraft I would trade Bulter to a team that is shitty enough that won't make it for playoff contention.

>twitter.com/Robot_Davey/status/960551968514166784
OK, he needs discipline but making a stand that has a detrimental effect on the whole team seems stupid.

>Bulter is gonna kill man or a couple people right now
*cringe*

you now remember kyle arrington

Butler is a free agent. He gone.

If you think butler was the reason they won just shut the fuck up

I know, he's probably best free agent to sign with any team and he will motivate himself facing his now mortal enemy who ruined his Super Bowl opportunity.

>Butler signs with a team on the Pats schedule just so he can concuss all their WR next year.
Fund it.

>eagles score 41 points and were literally unstoppable through the air all game
>the patriots best cornerback wouldnt have helped

ok bucko

>Bill looks like an egomaniac idiot if they never get back to another Super Bowl. very likely they never do
He is an egomaniac. As much as I hate the Patriots, they've been to 8 Super Bowls. Bill's decision may have cost them this time, but it's those kinds of decisions that have led to them being so successful.

I agree with this.

He missed the team flight to Minnesota. Belicheck, being the autistic clown that he is, benched him on defense.

There is no question Butler would have likely been the difference between a win and a loss. Put is all on Belicheck and sleeveless hoodies.