Buying a Firearm

Is now the time to buy a gun?

After all the crazy shit that has been happening these past few months I honestly would feel better owning a gun.

But where do I start?

I have $1400 of disposable income to buy a gun, educate me Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8aRzVuel_hI
youtube.com/watch?v=DX73uXs3xGU
youtube.com/watch?v=YAneTFiz5WU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>$1400
You can buy a crusader rifle.

Conversely, build an AR and get a decent optic.

Or, buy a pistol and AK

>Is now the time to buy a gun?
you're late

The time to buy a gun was 10 years ago.

AK > AR
CZ-75 > Glock

How many bullets does that clip hold?

Sup Forums is my home board, I want to know what you guys think?

Whatever gets the most bang for my buck. If I can buy multiple guns for the price that would be great.

Give me model names and brands.

Dont buy yourself an expensive AR. Buy yourself a $700 one, and spend the remainder on ammo & range time.

/k/ dumbass..no, you should wait for the christmas rush when nothing is in stock as fear of shillary leads to people grabbing everything off the shelves.

Yes shoulda got a $500 RPK 2 years ago.

yo buy this gun

/K

Get a 5.56 semi-auto AR of some kind, a nice optic and a few hundred rounds of M193 ammunition.

Should cost you right around $1400 and you are now a member of the American militia

This guy's on the money. Also,

If you live in the upper midwest Mills Fleet Farm is selling rear converted Saiga 5.45x39 for $450, unbelievably good deal. They are currently going for a minimum of $1200 on Gunbroker.

I like mine more than my AR

Leave Sup Forums and go to /k/. That's a good start.

Whatever you buy remember that no gun is perfect and spend more of your money on ammo to practice with and less on making it look cool.

Learn to care for it, learn to shoot it well and be safe.

Buy yourself a normal assault rifle like an $850 AR. A sturdy gun is a sturdy gun what you need is a shit ton of ammo.

Yes now is the time. Just remember that only people with guns can trade if shtf. If you don't own them you will essentially die or watch as your loved ones die. The number one asset is guns and ammo. Hygiene antibiotics toilet trees food and water are next. Your ability to fix things is worth what gold is now.

/k/ here

>$1400

Hmmm

>Pistol
M&P Shield 9mm $400

>Shotgun
Maverick 88 $200

>Rifle
Ruger AR556 $750

That should cover all your bases OP

AR-15=$700.00
400 rnds of .223/5.56= $200.00
FN/ Glock/ M&P/ XDM 9mm or .40 cal for $500.00
You'll need range time and some instruction, if you have CCW in your state, start there, and find someone to teach you fundamentals of rifle marksmanship

>Springfield XD
Favorite pistol I've ever owned, basically a glock without the retarded grip angle. Comfortabe as all hell, no real recoil even in 45, reliable as all hell and accurate enough for self defense. Got mine for $350

As far as an AR15 goes, get a cheap DPMS or Ruger, and spend the rest of your money on practice ammo. Shoot, shoot, shoot.

Dont be one of those faggots I see at the range with a $2000 rifle getting shot groups like a sailor with parkinsons.

Actually, if he was a smart person and not a yuropoor, he would get a lower on Christmas or Black Friday sale, and get an upper whenever he wants, if he wanted an AR.

Fall/Winter is when you don't buy ammo.

As to how much ammo, OP, 10,000. Have about 30 mags. If you're serious about a happening, that is. I'm of the philosophy to having two rifles rather than having spare parts.

Yeah but what about ammo?

I never understand americans who choose AKs over ARs.

How stupid are you? You want maximum parts and ammo compatibility with the government's stockpiles and your fellow patriots. This means a 5.56 direct impingement AR.

Come over to /arg/ in /k/ and you'll get better help than on here.

I agree with this guy.

Buy either a S&W M&P15 or that Ruger 556. Whichever you get, make sure it has the removable carry handle so you can put an optic on there. That should be about $700 on the high side.

Get an optic, either a red dot or a scope or something. Keep it under $300.

Use the remaining $400 for magazines and ammo. You'll need at least 500 rounds to get started.

Get to it.

People pick AKs because they don't plan on needing to replace parts.

Why don't you buy $1400 worth of lottery tickets at $2 a week. You have the same chance of ever using a gun for self defense and a greater opportunity of getting satisfaction by thinking you might win, and if you ever do win something, you can buy your own island.

When I put the clip in the ak, I slay from far away

EVERYBODY HIT THE D E C K

>You want maximum parts and ammo compatibility with the government's stockpiles
>implying you can't take it off a dead person

I have both, nigger. AK's are just better. Better wall/tree penetration (things you'll actually encounter, unlike armor plates). Better reliability.

>inb4 muh mud test

>not choosing the gun of the master race

Question about pistols: Are polymer pistols reliable? I feel like they're kinda fragile, if possible I'd prefer a metal one.

Fuck I laughed hard at that gif.

Seriously, if want best bang for your buck go ask /k/. But otherwise get an AR, its the cheapest, reliable, quality intermediate rifle. You could get a S&W M&P or Ruger AR556 for $600-700, but it would be cheaper to build your own. In your case it would probably be better to buy a barreled upper receiver, bolt carrier group, charging handle, and complete lower receiver. Go to PSA and check out what they have. Stay away from PTAC uppers though. You'll also need mags and sights, but you can worry about that later. I've seen some rifles built for $400, but you can expect to spend $500-$600 depending on parts and sales.

Next you can get several kinds of 9mm hand guns. Ruger 9E, S&W SD9VE, Canik TP9, or Walther PPX can all be had for near or under $300. They're not top of the line, but they all work well for the price. PPX has an especially nice trigger, I think they're still sub $300 from CDNN. There are plenty other handguns ranging from $400 and up. Just start searching the big names like S&W, Ruger, Springfield, SIG, etc.

Shotguns can be had reliably for very cheap. Cheapest you can probably go is a Maverick 88. More likely you'll want something like a Mossberg 500 of some sort. Remington 870s used to be great, but their quality is somewhat lacking of late.

That's a lot to digest for now, let me know about any other questions.

80% lower AR-15 or AR-10. There is a dizzying amount of ways you can build an AR so it's really the most bang for your buck. You can order AR-15 uppers for .22LR to .50BMG and everything in between, so you can buy one AR and then swap it to do basically everything. It's called a lego gun for a reason.

The default AR-15, in 5.56, is also just plain awesome. There's a reason every modern military uses something that's pretty much an M16. Even the slavs realized that the U.S.'s choice of a lighter faster round was good, so they switched over to 5.45mm as their standard rifle round.

>1400.00
rifles:
A .22
A .22 Magnum
A ~.30 (spend the most on this).
Buy all cheap except the 7.62 buy thatat a marked up price.

Pistols:
Hi Point 9mm
AK pistol

18.5 inch .12 ga (any brand).
If you have leftover the buy a Ruger pistol or something.

Don't buy a Glock.

There's a bigger version of this that includes handguns and rifles but I don't have it

>Are polymer pistols reliable?

Yes, they're reliable, but once you shoot a fully metal one, you'll never want to go back. Polymer pistols are top heavy, bottom light, and muzzle flip is very apparent. You can work around it, but I much prefer an all-steel pistol, hence my insistence on a CZ-75.

this man is correct.

As long as you arent using the thing as a hammer, wheel chock, or something else equally retarded they're perfectly fine.

Grow the fuck up.

Bullshit, an AR is far more modular and easier to stay on target.

>tree penetration
Fucking kys

Polymer pistols are fine. If the Seals haven chosen Glocks as their next pistol then I think you should do fine with one.

You might find this video useful:

youtube.com/watch?v=8aRzVuel_hI

Polymer pistols are reliable. Like anything else, if you buy from a good brand you'll get good shit. Generally speaking, polymer pistols have the slide riding on metal rails that are inlaid in the polymer frame. Except for some shitty pocket pistols, this is the rule. The polymer reduces weight.

Go to a shooting range that does rentals and try some different shit.

Most people live in the woods, not the desert, Westcuck. Foliage is a real issue with poodle shooter rounds. I've spoke nothing to the shit effective range of 5.56 fragmentation and penetration. With a 16" barrel, once you get beyond 150m, it's basically a .22lr. Hardly any fragmentation and piss poor penetration of non-flesh.

OP do not, I repeat, DO NOT BUY A REVOLVER.

I still don't want a gun, but I'll buy a good knife. If I could carry a cudgel, I would.

I, on behalf of Sup Forums. Would like to call you a fucking idiot for not having one sooner. Yes now is a good time to buy. And yes 1400 is enough. But you may want to get 3,000+ rounds of ammo as well.

>most akrate

First of all you're a fuc-

>With a 16" barrel, once you get beyond 150m, it's basically a .22lr

8/10

Polymers are very reliable, and affordable.
All steel, which are easier to keep on target, therefore considered a step up from polymers, are just out of your budget
You can get a good 1911 at about $700.00+

I got a 5.56 AK for reliability and common ammo in the US in case of SHTF. Sure it's not as accurate at long ranges as an AR type rifle would be but I would choose this rifle out of any of my others if I could only pick one in SHTF. I quite like the folding stock and simplicity to take apart as well.

Still is far more reliable

Unlike an official standing army you aren't going to have many friendlies around for repairs nor are you going to have a clean dry place to maintain/clean an AR properly. Any action seen would be geurilla warfare and the AK has always acceled at that

Personally I have: an ak 74 a FN-FAL a C7 (m16 clone) and an stg44 that I have never fired due to lack of a legal source of ammunition.

OP here, so I made up my mind.

I'm going to get a Glock and a M&P 15.

However I have 2 questions:

>Which model Glock?

>Minimum ammo and mags for each gun?

Rent a glock at the range 1st to see if you like it. Personally, I hate the grip angle on them.

In fact, rent a few different pistols and see which one fits your hands best. A comfortable shooter is an accurate shooter.

Only a noguns leaf could say something stupid like this.

17 = best one

G19 for the glock, ammo= 400 for AR, and 200 for 9 mm Glock

I'd gas one million niggers, SJWs and Muslims each to possess one of those.

I have shot thousands and thousands of rounds out of semi-auto pistols without any malfunctions.

But a scared idiot that has never cleaned or done anything to the gun that does not know shit. They actually will be able to fire a stupid revolver and get the job done. You have to think about what a total frightened idiot will actually be able to use at just about point blank range.

That's my humble 2 cents on it.

You could buy a couple of these. Get a Mossberg 500 or 870 and load it up with 00 buckshot. Wooden grips make it look less menacing in court if you live in a communist state.

Get a small, reliable pistol that you WILL carry. Rule #1 of a gunfight, have a gun. CCWs are easy to get in most states and if SHTF it won't matter.

If you live innawoods or prairie get a rifle.

Whatever you buy remember to practice. A hit with a .22 lr beats a miss with a .44 mag.

See Brass Fetcher if you want to see what any cartridge does to ballistics gel.

BUILD ONE OP ITS MUCH CHEAPER AND YOU COULD BUILD AN AR AND HAVE MONEY FOR A PISTOL AND SOME AMMO

Never buy a gun without renting it and using it at a range first.

You wouldn't buy a car without a test drive, why would you do it differently for something you're buying to keep you safe?

AR > AK
AKs are trash. Stop being poor.
Also, Sphinx SDP > CZ75.

>XD
>grip safety
>GRIP ZONE
>Croatia
You're fucking retarded

If you're going to recommend a poly framed pistol go either Glock, Ruger, H&K or S&W

Go to store and pick ar lower.
Then order upper assembled, lower parts kit, stock, sight and some magazines online. Don't forget ammo.

OP is going to blow off his fingers with a revolver.

Also

>stocking up on 357
Lol

>talks shit about the XD
>recommends Ruger

I bought a PTR91 FR. Good ass rifle and I love it

where are the literal idiot guides for buying AR rifles. I grew up on a farm so I'm familiar with hunting rifles, pistols, and shotguns but those i think lack the general "oh shit, I have to survive" utility of medium capacity, medium range rifles.

You are a moron.
Stop being poor and buy an M1A, if you're a dickless 7.62 retard.

AR15 is superior to both in any situation.

t.owner of all 3 and more

>17
>19

So which one and why?

i can get into contact with some "friends"
i can pretty much get any gun i want-if i have the money
fuck RENAR and fuck the goverment

I literally just bought a Maverick 88 12 gauge shotgun, it was actually pretty easy. My first gun purchase, around $250. Granted, I just moved to Arizona from Maryland, so that's probably why I'm so shocked at how easy it was.

Then they're dumb, because ARs are more reliable and break less.

These kids memeing about AKs are 100% noguns children whose only knowledge of guns comes from cowadoody/cs:go or trailer park retards that believe 40 year old memes about the AR platform.

AR in its modern incarnation is superior to the AK in the event of a widescale happening in the USA.

Are you wanting to defend yourself or are you preparing for SHTF stuff?

Self-defense: Handgun then rifle then shotgun

SHTF: Rifle then handgun then shotgun

Shotguns are useful and ammo is plentiful but if you're planning for long-term, get a handgun and rifle first. An AR is simple to operate and to learn how to use. A bolt action rifle is not going to help you out in a home invasion or a SHTF scenario.

If you're a first time gun owner/gun buyer, do some research into local laws. State regulations will vary. Make it a point to learn and live with the four rules of gun safety (google it).

Go to /k/ and soak in /k/nowledge. /k/ may be a magical place but they generally know a lot more about guns than a lot of users on various gun enthusiast websites. They will be able to teach you the difference between being a real operator and being a Fudd.

Buy an AR from Palmetto State Armory. Stop by /k/'s /arg/ - AR General thread for more info.

>stop being poor
This is an AR buyers market
You can build a fantastic AR for less than a economy AK

This

There is nothing wrong with the XD series you meme spewing nigger.

Compare:
youtube.com/watch?v=DX73uXs3xGU

youtube.com/watch?v=YAneTFiz5WU

>m1a
>not an sr25 variant

Top pleb. You've got more money than sense, nigger. I bet you don't even have 5,000 rounds for each of them.

>minimum ammo
1000 rounds of each. You want enough to ride out any panic buys and still be able to shoot somewhat regularly. Really depends on how much you shoot.

>minimum number of magazines
I try to have at least 3 for my pistols. Five or six for rifles. But really whatever you feel comfortable with.

>direct impingement
>AR
8/8 bait

>believing this
Kek

Maybe against the knockoffs made in a Pakistani goat fucking tent. Not against a real AK 74 though

I love my xd subcompact that I use for cc. Thousands of rounds at the range works flawlessly, accurate and feels good in the hand

if you are expecting the never-returning-to-normal Mad Max sort of shit
buy something reliable and piston-driven in a common caliber + a bunch of bulk ammo (AK, VZ, Tavor, FAL, SCAR, etc.)

either that or spend 3x the money and get an AR, 9000 gas rings, pins, springs, etc. + 9000 galons of CLP to clean and lubricate it so it doesn't turn into a club
>inB4 AR-fags start screaming that their range-queens are battle-tested and so would survive the post-apocalypse indefinitely
battle tested means: go out on patrol, come back to base, clean and lube, repeat the next day, all repairs and maintenance at army's expense readily available.

>but it would be cheaper to build your own
Not necesarily, if you're doing that you need to count the cost of tools. Some are unique to ARs, some you may already have.

>M&P15
Don't buy a corner cutting pile of shit
Do your research before settling on an AR

When you drop your rifle in some industrial grade mud/clay mixture in the middle of a fight, you'll have an argument, ausfag.

AR is shit in a geurilla war which is what any armed civilian in the US happening would be fighting

You need something that does not need to be kept clean because there is nowhere clean. AR doesn't do that

Don't buy an AR, meme-gun. Buy a Tavor.

My ACOG costs more than 3 AKs.
AKs aren't even worthy of an ACOG.

Comfy watching the plebian AK owners getting BTFO

You can't even find a decent 5.56 AK anywhere for less than $1000, and even then you can't easily put an optic on it.

What clip?

Please provide your reasoning as to why the AK47 is superior to the AR15

Look at a used Glock 19 since they don't wear out and you can save cash there. 200 rounds of 9mm should keep you happy all year.

Get about 200 rounds for the M&P too and two extra mags (load them).

Get like Remington or Federal ammo and avoid the odd cheap shit.

Try to actually go out and shoot them just so you know. You will actually also need ear protection and eye protection too. for about another $50. You probably don't need to worry about cleaning them unless you go through that ammo but by then you will know a lot more things.

There are tons of you tube videos covering every detail you can imagine on those specific guns and all.

And welcome to the wonderful world of guns!

Just bought a HD Mod 2 40 the other day, absolutely nothing wrong with it what so ever and I seem to have better aim with that fucker then a P227 Sig Sauer 45.

I took it apart, cleaned it, inspected everything, fires perfectly fine for a sub compact, which is why I am more shocked about the aim part. Its light weight, came with an extended grip 11 round mag.

But then again, I have a few firearms, but in terms of carry this is pretty fantastic.

>Ruger
I have had nothing but SHIT out of subcompact rugers.

My AK cost more than your ACOG.

>proves ars break and malfunction less
>that buyers remorse from a wannabe slavboo or nigger
Enjoy your $25 African civil war special.