How the fuck is this NOT a touchdown? I'm so confused...

How the fuck is this NOT a touchdown? I'm so confused. Apparently most people are saying this wasn't a TD but I don't see it.

casuals listened to Cris Collinsworth and believed him

apparently a player isnt allowed to adjust their hands?

most people are dumb thats why

One could dispute control of the ball, and the 3rd step after the catch was out of bounds.

It could be argued both ways.

You have to have control of the ball and both feet in bounds. So watch it and check to see when he actually has control of the ball, then where his next steps land. The second foot goes over the line.

I was baffled the announcers were saying they thought it wasn't a TD.

Literally who the fuck knows with the current rule and refs. Coulda gone either way

With current picture quality and multiple angles calls are becoming more and more subjective. 15 years ago there is absolutely no doubt this is a catch.

How much control do you actually need? The ball is clearly in his arms on the first step

It was called a TD on the field that's why it was upheld. If it was called incomplete on the field they would not have reversed it.

Because Bradyfags are the biggest bitches in sports today.

It was a catch and then he shifted the ball on his own will. He never bobbled it.

"I meant to lose control of the ball so therefore I didn't :^)"

it's enough control. people want every touchdown catch to be firmly tucked in the receiver's arm, but that's simply not possible when you only have ten yards to work with.

Chris Colinsworth put a million on the pats and now everyone is saying every catch doesn'tcount

He was so biased, it was unbelievable.

He never lost control of the ball

That guy is a class A retard.

This. Casual brainlets listen to every single word these paid commentators say and believe it to be gospel. Half the reason people still somehow think the catch rules are flawed is because Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Cris Collinsworth, Al Michaels, and the rest have the exact same reactions "WOAH I DON'T KNOW, COULD BE CALLED EITHER WAY, WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF THEY OVERRULED THIS XD!" Fucking absolute casuals. I'm literally 100% on catch calls every single time I see a close one because it's easy as fuck to understand. only brainlets are STILL unsure on what a catch is.

with the precedent set with a couple austin sefarian jenkins tds in the regular season that were overturned, the eagles td shouldve been overturned

You are now hearing the patriot players yelling "OH NO NO NO NO NO"

This. It's almost always much more clearcut than people make it out to be. If you don't like the catch rule, you might just be a moron.

In slow motion it looks like he doesnt have control. But think about it in full speed context. The dude sprinted down the feild and was falling. If he didnt have control it would have fell out.

this. in the paradigm of slomo replay, the rules are literally perfect and totally lucid to anyone whose iq exceeds their bmi.

i can understand how total autists would be dumbfounded by this particular play though - the "preliminary possession" he has before he shifts the ball could have been negated if he lost control by a) not surviving the ground b) a defender making a play c) dropping it.
readjusting the ball =/= losing control, therefore, the preliminary possession where he had both feet in is retroactively consecrated by his completing of the catch.