Does Sup Forums compost? Does Sup Forums even have a garden?

Does Sup Forums compost? Does Sup Forums even have a garden?

The ability to be self sufficient WILL be important post-happening

Why do either when you can hunt/fish/steal?

Seriously, why invest like 7 months worth of time in some plants that will feed you for like what...? A few days?

Wow, the tard is strong in this one.

>steal
Really? Fuck you

I'm a farmer. I only grow what pays the most. Corn, soy and stevia.

I have a personal garden spanning 6.5 hectares. Mostly root vegetables, cabbages, legumes, fruits and berries. I haven't purchased produce or meat from a Supermarket in a very long time.

I raise some pigs and chickens, no cattle, don't have the space for that.

Of course I do. I also have a seed bank, a year's worth of food, and enough guns and ammo to field my own security team.

What do you do with the plant material after the harvest? Till it back in?

Strictly a recreational veg gardener here but have been out to the local "organic" csa providing farm to do some labor for some cash, vegetables, and a good workout

I've thought about planting food, but i'm concerned if it's ultimately more expensive than just buying in the store. What's been your experience? Do you have to buy new seeds every year and shit?

Sell it to a hippie woman and her partner who composte it. Can't buy compost around here without it being made by her. Commercially speaking anyway.

Seeds are cheap and they can be stored for years

>not growing berries
as far as I'm concerned, corn and soybean "farming" isnt real farming

I have a garden, and i compost.

Any thoughts on Perma Culture? Been doing a bunch of research into it lately.

>does Sup Forums have a garden

Do you have 200 acres plus of land?

59ยข in seeds will give you 100 pounds of tomatoes. (Just an example)
All you have to do is water.

I grow cucumbers, squash, zucchini, potatos, okra, peppers, mint, watermelon, and cantaloupe.

Changing it up next year though. This year was experimenting. I'm interested in growing wheat but I'm sure it's a tremendous ass pain to harvest and process into flower.

Buy seeds at hardware stores. Learn how to preserve food. I have like 30 jars of pickles.

seeds are dirt cheap. The most expensive ingredient is the time spent learning by screwing up.

>Save food scraps, yard clippings, pizza boxes and leaves
>shred
>put in pile for 3-4 months
>find a dozen cinder blocks
>wait untill you have enough fine grained black stuff (soil) from the pile to dig into 4ftx4ft square of cinderblocks and fill to top-ish with more soil
>buy seedlings of tomatos, peppers, etc from local nursery to start
>transplant seedlings to cinderblock bed
>mulch with newspaper or cardboard

maybe $75-100 if you go and buy some fancy soil to supplement pile + a pichfork, trowell, etc

I grow berries for personal consumption. South America has a more consistent climate for mass berry production.

Cool. How does she do for herself selling compost?

Anybody have fruit trees? What's easy to maintain? I don't want a shitload of apples rotting on the ground.

I collect walnuts from the in laws 5 walnut trees too. Then shits are expensive.

No for the first. Yes for the second.
My father is the one into gardening.

Muscle ass cunt, worked as a cop and killed god knows how many thugs, just to come home and take care of plants and birds.

If he wasnt my father I would say he is a fag.

oranges/lemons

but then again I live in AZ and there's only like a month when it gets freezing/below freezing

>buzzwords

I just grow shit for cheap and try to keep as much organic material out of a landfill as possible

>steal

nigger detected

Some men are just farmers and gardeners man. They tend to their plants the same way their ancestors did for a living.

Any others besides have livestock? Any recommendations on first animals to try out? I feel like a chicken coop would be ideal to supplement good nitrogen for soil.