How truly fucked are they right now? What is the solution?

How truly fucked are they right now? What is the solution?

LeBron is smart enough to put his playoff apareance in jeopardy to generate ratings. Suddenly the regular season matters.

They're fucked. LeBron ran that team into the ground. No space, multiple awful contracts, no young assets, no picks.

Wherever he hoes I hope they manage to keep GM duties away from him.

I get after 15 years not pushing yourself during the regular season, but this is beyond LeBron not giving a shit. LeBron is no longer enough to carry a team alone in the playoffs and the pieces around him don't want to play with him or for him.

a) trade anything of value which equates to expiring contracts + picks for any upgrade they can get for a playoffs run
b) embrace the rebuild lebron is gone after this season the team is dogshit
those are the options

remember when he said that he tried out IT with the Cavs on 2k and said that it worked well

Oh no the Cavs were a model franchise in the front office without him

Lol

I realize injury sucks for everyone but could IT really have himself mentally beaten and or is it just that he needs more time to click and get back into it.
I'll admit, I laughed with the rest of /sp when Kyrie left and celts bros said he would take them to the ecf but it looks like cavs are def in trouble despite lbj turning things up during the playoffs. There's only so much he could do despite his strength at this point.

Jr is streaky af
Love's hand RIP
Tristan needs to be traded. He's getting beat up in the post again and again. Hes a family man now so perhaps his head is out the game...damn kardashians
Crowder can't shoot consistently and his leg form looks weird
IT is just too damn small and mentally shook. The old john wall meme applies to him atm

>What is the solution?

dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed

You have to admit he fucked up. He pushed for the cavs to sign Jr Smith, Tristian Thompson, and Iman shumpert. None of them have good contracts and Jr and Tristan are almost untradeable. He may have driven away irving, the cavs young future, and got a broken down IT and an overrated crowder instead. The rest of the team is too damn old.
They're best bet is to swindle a team with only minutes left until the deadline by trading expiring contracts (It and channing frye?). They might actually be better off trading down for mediocre offensive/defensive players so at least they have some defense. Love getting injured basically destroyed any hopes of getting a decent shake-up going.

Nothing they are god awful. Maybe playoffs they can do their meme magic.

I mean how can you even win when you dont even try to defend or run in transition?

I seen game that they would run, stop, and just fucking look at a nearby shooter while they either make the basket or miss and the cavs would have 3-4 dont even try to grab the rebound and let a single opponent grab it

This. LeBron is 33 fucking years old. He's already too old to be carrying a team, and he's going to start getting noticeably worse from here on out.

He needs to finish a career on a good team with a good coach that's only a piece a way from contending. The Celtics are unironically his best option, but I doubt he's willing to share the limelight.

What about the Spurs?

him and pop have mutual respect. I could see him letting pop do his coaching thing. Khawi doesn't care about being the big name so ego with the other star might not be a big deal.

Also SKIEP would finally stfu

The Celtics might already be championship caliber next year with the return of Hayward and vastly more experienced Tatum and Brown. If Ainge manages to sign someone like Anthony Davis then Boston becomes the Golden State of the east and LeBron will never sniff the finals again. I honestly won't be surprised if he pushes to get dealt to the Celtics before they get a chance to sign someone else. It's his best shot at actually winning multiple rings and he won't have to play 48 minutes every night and accelerate the destruction of his aging body.

The Spurs aren't a top 2 team in the west, even with LeBron. He needs to stay in the east if wants a chance at returning to the finals.

They're done. Prepare for another 15 years of garbage as the league looks to have Boston, New York, Chicago, LA, and Philly have their resurgence all at the same time.

trade lebron for picks and young talent, like simmons

get rid of the overpaid bums like thompson and jr, toss in turbo manlet to grease the wheels

fire lue obviously

maybe they set up this whole season in an attempt to get bron to waive his ntc. that would actually be brilliant. cavs would be loaded with picks and have a major jump start on a rebuild and bron could compete now.

what the fuck are you talking about? I get that golden state would still be better but you think the rockets will be worse than lebron and kawhi spurs? LOL!

he is 150% going to celtics, kyrie going there now was a long play, if kyrie stayed the extra year and lebron then left, would cavs have let him go? absolutely not

Doesn't LeBron still hate the Celtics, though? Wouldn't it be a bit of a bitch move to join them?

>You have to admit he fucked up. He pushed for the cavs to sign Jr Smith, Tristian Thompson, and Iman shumpert
and then he won a ring, cavs first ever, totally fucked up! would have been 2 in 2 years too had kyrie not been injured and pacheapshotolynyk killing klove

he's on brad stevens dick he dont care

fellas, what ethnicity is this?

White in USA. Black in the rest of the world

is isaiah fat or does lebron make him look fat

Their best solution honestly is trade everything with Lebron and Love to get rid of your massive shit contracts. Blow up the team and tank, then rebuild. Their window has absolutely closed, should be building for the future.

he was born in mexico, missouri so i guess that makes him mexican, vietnambro

Cane toad

LA ATROCIDAD DE AMERICAS

He is the 56%

American

This guy is the most retarded looking man I've ever seen. Imagine taking any orders from him. He's like the brainlet meme come to life.

>LeBron is no longer enough to carry a team alone in the playoffs
He never has been. Have you missed his whole MO of building super teams in order to get rings?

Dan Gilbert should deliver the final fuck you and start rebuilding.

Get all the second round and late first round picks he can get from everyone left on the Leaveland roster.

LeBron's best stretch was from his last two seasons in Cleveland (the first time around) through his first three in Miami. He has been n a long slow decline since then.

Trustab Thompson is an awful basketball player but a great Kardashian.

Kyrie would demand a trade if the Celtics trade to get Lebron via FA. Have you guys forgot that Kyrie and Lebron never got along. According to SAS and Molly their relationship trulls dissolved because of allegedly, Lebron fucked one of Kyrie's girl.

Also, Kyrie couldn't stand Lebron bitch antics, feminist energy, etc. He had to adjust his style from PG to SG to fit the Lebron system and allow Lebron to catch his breath during the games.

DESU, Lebron had the best offensive star by his side and he screwed it by always trying to be LeGM and ruining the trust of Kyrie.

or maybe kyrie is just a rat fleeing a sinking ship. seems like it now

literally all they need to do is get a center and stop running meme lineups. With a center they can afford to hedge and their perimeter defense improves and their interior defense improves, and they stop giving up layups like swiss cheese. Once their defense goes up to competent levels they can finally find their stroke on offense and everything falls into place. It all starts with having a defense that's not easy as fuck to exploit.

HOWEVER their coach is retarded and their front office is even more retarded and keeps signing old guards for some reason. This whole team is fucked, I don't see them making the finals. 2nd round exit.

a center doesn't solve it. they lack a starting tier pg who can knock down the three and a starting tier 3d wing. both of these are requirements along with a defensive center who isn't a liability on offense. there's no way they get all this in trade. it's best to rebuild. maybe they can get bron to waive his ntc and get a massive haul for the rebuild now.

JR's inability to shoot has gone on for two seasons now, he's washed up
IT has played for 13 games, he couldn't defend pre-injury, he has no shot anymore oh and he's 5'8
Love will be out of rhythm come playoffs you can't miss two fucking months then come back like nothing happened
TT is one of their best players and he's having a down year even by his standards and he's only useful when all the other pieces are in place
The rest or their guys are old ass dudes who are bench rotation and role players at best
Lue is getting exposed he sorta he can't coach up this bunch but not sure anybody but maybe pops can

Bron is literally all they have. This team is objectively worse than worst teams Bron played on before leaving to Miami. There's no reason to think this team has any chance in the playoffs and they'll be lucky to make it at this rate I see 8 teams that could make it over them:
1. celts
2. raps
3. bucks
4. pistons
5. wizards
6. pacers
7. heat
8. sixers

The Cavs haven't beaten anyone this season. If you could comprise a list of the scariest teams in the nba right now it would probably be
1. warriors
2. rockets
3. twolves
4. thunder
5. spurs
6. celtics
7. raptors
And with the exception of a fluke opening day win against celts where a player who figured to be 1b alongside kyrie was lost for the season, they haven't got a single win against any of these teams. In fact the vast majority of their 30 wins are against teams that would not be in the playoffs if they started today.

Make no mistake this is the worst Cavs team Bron has ever been part of and it's not even close.

I legitimately think the plan is "Lebron can take over in the playoffs against the East". Like, they don't care if they're the 8th seed, Lebron suddenly giving a shit is likely to run over everyone but the Celtics and they're going to have the face the Celtics anyway because its the East, so basically the plan is "Get lucky vs Celtics and then let Lebron steamroll other teams".

But haha jokes on them, Wall gonna come back from injury and juice them in the playoffs.

i thought he made his teammates better?

so far it seems he got shitty players PAID for no reason other than to "stick it to the owner" and now they have no cap space

>The Cavs haven't beaten anyone this season
Wow, you're right. Their best win this season was against the celtics on opening night. Since then it's between a couple of bucks and wizards wins.

keep in mind there's only 31 games left and of those 31 games, 10 are games you could easily predict they won't win. So that leaves 21 games they have a strong chance of winning but they play poorly on the road this season with a losing record. 13/21 "winnable" games left are on the road including a stretch of 6 straight road games. Given their losing road record let's say they go 10-11 on the road.

That means the cavs final record could realistically be a losing record or barely .500

Is barely .500 enough to make the playoffs? Keep in mind, sixers are in hot pursuit of adding talent pre deadline as are knicks. Several borderline teams got better like the Pistons and others are going to get better.

Cavs can't coast anymore. Things are different. Love is out two months and they can't beat anybody but bad teams or decent teams at home.

>Lebron suddenly giving a shit
hint: he's not going to. See 2009.

he got good players paid, should have two chips as a result of it but kyrie/love got injured and made the finals every year. Nobody could foresee this epic collapse in his final year.

Iverson destroyed him.

>Given their losing road record let's say they go 10-11 on the road.
I worder this poorly. I mean they could wind up going 10-11 on the 21 "winnable" games due to road performances and scheduling oddities.

In short, Cavs could wind up .500, miss the playoffs and beaten out by borderline teams who make big moves before deadline.

Let's go deeper with a full remaining schedule inspection.
@Magic - probably L, no Love
vsTwolves - guaranteed L
@Hawks
@Celts
@Thunder - 1-2 on this stretch
vsWiz - L, no Love
@Griz - L, no rest on road
vsSpurs
vsNets
vsSixers
vsNugs
vsPistons - 2-3 on this home stretch
@Nugs
@Clips
@Lakers
@Suns
@Blazers
@Bulls - 6 straight @road, 2-4
vsBucks
vsRaps
vsSuns - 1-2
@Nets
@Heat
@Hornets - 0-3
vsPelicans
vsMavs
vsRaps
vsWizards - 2-2, Love could be back
@Sixers
@Knicks - 1-1
vsKnicks - W
10-21 record over 31 games
Final record: 40-42
Cavs don't make playoffs.

La creatura

Hol up, losing to the magic and grizzlies? I know they’re on the road but those two are fuckin atrocious.

Why do people keep forgetting his first several year as a cavs where he was able to carry them to the playoffs.

You underestimate how much worse the Cavs are going to be now without Love and how bad they already were on the road. Now the Magic game I'm not so sure of because they too just lost a top player so maybe the Cavs do pull that one out. Either way the Cavs won't finish much better than .500 and will not make the playoffs.

Deactivate Isiah for the season. He makes this team worse and everyone on the team hates his guts.

Trade Isaiah. Trade the Nets pick. Get some shooters who are at least decent on defense and play LeBron surrounded by shooters.

It has been the most efficient lineup around LeBron for a decade. Just put spot-up shooters around him and the threes fall. Cleveland latest additions in the backcourt: three guys who can't shoot (Shump, Wade, Rose) and a ball hog who only shoots off the dribble (Thomas). That's just plain stupid.

There is not solution. There's nothing they can do that makes them better than the warriors so there's no point in mortgaging the future for some rental players that don't win you a championship anyway. The cav's management have accepted that they are rebuilding after this season

If they don't trade their best assets, the team sucks and lebron is leaving this summer.
If they do, the team barely improves and they have no assets to rebuild after all falls down.

lebron would make it a top 1 team

ladies and gentlemen i present you the dumbest post in Sup Forums history

>34 year old LeBron would transform the Spurs into the best team in the western conference

weeeeeeeeeeeeeew

>Klove trying to confort him

It's over. The Cavs will tear it down after this season and begin the rebuilding process. It's a shame LeBron couldn't make it work with Kyrie, but it's clear now that he saw this coming when he asked to be traded to Boston.

1 down, 20 to go.

pops made 100 year old duncan viable he'd make 50 year old bron mvp

Love seems like a genuinely nice guy stuck in a shitstorm.

Holy fuck, 9?

Mother of God the Cavs are just SHIT. We've said it all season but stuff like this just puts it in perspective. Giving up 116 points to the fucking Magic? Losing by almost 20 to the fucking MAGIC? Jesus Christ.

Love should pull a Kyrie and demand a trade. It's time to abandon ship.

Cleveland is basically a team of washed up all stars at this point. Trading Irving was a huge mistake.

El goblino

This is what Americans will look like in 100 years because of all the interracial breeding.

Both

Hire hinkie

He's either waiting for it to blow over ie LBJ exits this summer and he becomes the go to guy on the team or Love knows he'll get traded without publicly asking for it.

There was no other option. Lebron has no trade clause and trading him was the only way they could have kept Irving which Cavs would not have done anyway.

Actually not the worst thing they did. It gave them a piece in IT and some assets for post lebron. Problem is they’re still loaded with dog shit contracts.

>was the only way they could have kept Irving
you know they could have just told kyrie to go fuck himself right? Right? RIGHT?

They didn't have to trade shit

just fucking lol at isaiah

That's fine but they got a shitty trade deal. No other team had a better offer for Kyrie Irving? Anyone can see how talented he is. And now he's tearing it up in Boston and they will probably win the East.

just bench the fuck out of IT and don't give him any minutes except for garbage time. They were on a beastly winning streak before IT came back in.

to be fair they probably thought getting Isiah Thomas was a good trade at the time. also they needed a big like Crowder even though he hasn't really done shit either. plus why keep a player who doesn't want to play for you anymore?

If I were him I'd fake an injury so they miss the playoffs and he can save the pointless wear and tear of a sweep in the Finals. like why exert all that effort when your time is so numbered moving forward?

or he should force a trade RIGHT NOW

>why keep a player who doesn't want to play for you anymore
because in one year the problem would have been gone

kek

Did Ainge rape the Cavs even worse than he raped the Nets?

Soon

>be the national basketball association
>have a league that is currently unwatchable because the Warriors are winning the next 2 titles minimum, probably 3
>even with lebron's greatness, he can't overcome this team besides the one fluke 2 years ago that stopped a 5-peat from the warriors
>try to build a team that can beat the warriors, impossible
>lebron is going to be a crybaby and go team up on some other superteam to try to dethrone the warriors
>gilbert realizes he is bailing anyway, so why bother trying to pull and trades or mortgage your future when this league in unwinnable for 2-3 years no matter what plus lebron is leaving
>so gilbert can either dismantle the team, get assfucked in the playoffs, pay substantial luxury tax and have nothing left when lebron leaves like in 2010, or let this season play out, get assufcked in the playoffs, and then still have some decent players and a high draft pick

that's the solution

>this team besides the one fluke 2 years ago that stopped a 5-peat from the warriors
the second may have been a fluke, but warriors fluked the first

I highly doubt LeBron is going anywhere besides Cleveland. That would destroy his legacy completely abandoning the Cavs after one shitty season.

either way i bet gilbert has been heavy on the bottle last few weeks. i bet he begs Tom Gores daily to trade him franchises

Ainge mindfucked the entire Cavs so hard, I think he's secretly the wizard Babidi from DBZ.

No it wouldn't. he already won one for da land. he did what he wanted to do in cleveland already

i'll make you a bet, you gotta get your sister to snap me her nudes if lebron leaves

Not him, but deal.

>have a league that is currently unwatchable because the Warriors are winning the next 2 titles minimum, probably 3
Houstan
>even with lebron's greatness, he can't overcome this team besides the one fluke 2 years ago that stopped a 5-peat from the warriors
LeBron is part of the problem. he's playing like absolute dogshit. walking around the court, playing garbage defense, missing 3s. why he doesn't charge the rim anymore is beyond me because that's how he always gets points + free throws
>try to build a team that can beat the warriors, impossible
Houstan
>lebron is going to be a crybaby and go team up on some other superteam to try to dethrone the warriors
Houstan

dont think i wont be coming to collect, and if you dont have a sister, i'll be taking your moms

1. Warriors
2. Rockets
3. Celtics
4. Thunder

Nobody else has a realistic chance