ITT: quotekino, only post quotes so good you recall perfectly without looking up

ITT: quotekino, only post quotes so good you recall perfectly without looking up

>My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, father to a murder son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my revenge, in this life or the next

FOR YOU

Another thread?

Is this flick on tv or something?

>Relax, will ya? What's gotten into you? Imma breakin' your balls a little bit, that's all. I'm only kiddin' with ya.

I'm just kiddin with ya! I'm busting' your balls! What you can't take a joke no more?

>in this life or the next
kind of a beta way to end your threat

>Monseur La Padite, the feature that makes me such an effective hunter of the Jews is, as opposed to most Germans, or more precisely, most German soldiers, I can think like a Jew.

Honestly, I've got essentially his entire monologue at the start memorized after watching it so many times. It gives me serious ASMR chest tinglies.

>and I will have my revenge
He says "and I will have my vengeance," not "revenge."

>only post quotes so good you recall perfectly without looking up
>gets his quote wrong

>My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

look memory isnt perfect you fucking pedant and if you have to resort to looking it up then it clearly isnt quotekino.

>Oh. Johnny, I apologize, I forgot you were there. You may go now.

If you like the quote so much you'd think that you'd be able to remember it correctly.

I was able to remember it, and I haven't seen the movie in probably 7 years or so.

god dammit man, its one fucking word wrong... one fucking word. dont assblast me like this infront of everyone

>one word
>leave out half the fucking quote

>ITT: quotekino, only post quotes so good you recall perfectly without looking up
>quotes you recall perfectly without looking up
>recall perfectly

user

Frodo : I can't do this, Sam.

Sam : I know.
It's all wrong
By rights we shouldn't even be here.
But we are.
It's like in the great stories Mr. Frodo.
The ones that really mattered.
Full of darkness and danger they were,
and sometimes you didn't want to know the end.
Because how could the end be happy.
How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad happened.
But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow.
Even darkness must pass.
A new day will come.
And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Those were the stories that stayed with you.
That meant something.
Even if you were too small to understand why.
But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand.
I know now.
Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn’t.
Because they were holding on to something.

Frodo : What are we holding on to, Sam?

Sam : That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting fo

S-STOP IT

this desu
I just rewatched this recently and the whole >muh afterlife cuckery really threw me off

>be excellent to eachother
>hasta la vista baby
>I'll be back
>frankly my dear, I don't give a damn
>the enemy can not push a button, if you disable his hand.....meeeeedic

and various other quotes from fight club and starship troopers

pantheonic rome was super religious, everything was based around the gods, from their architecture to their wars, including the colliseum games.

i dont really remember it but i always like

>my name is something, you killed my father, prepare to die

iunno, it was just short, sweet and cool.

I do realise that, humanity is general was much more religious at that point
It's just slightly alienating too me because I think the strong belief in an afterlife cheapens the struggles such as they are depicted in the film

FUCKIN' GLADIATOR, YA FUCK!

>It's just slightly alienating too me because I think the strong belief in an afterlife cheapens the struggles such as they are depicted in the film

Indigo Montana
Princess Bride

You didn't even manage to quote me you cuck
You're literally just a fucking pussy if death is anything but a minor inconvenience to you if you believe in an afterlife like the christian or muslim ones

How exactly does it cheapen it? He's saying not even in the afterlife, death, can stop him from retribution.

You're an errand boy, sent by grocery store clerks, to collect a bill.

well he was ready for death litterally at the beginning of the film, and would have accepted his death if quintus had not said he will have his family killed "meet in afterlife"
maximus only goes on living after that for vengence.

The afterlife is a big part of this film.

THEY DIDNT HAVE FLAT TOPS IN ANCIENT ROOHHMME

SEE YOU AT THE PARTY, RICHTER!

>You're literally just a fucking pussy if death is anything but a minor inconvenience to you if you believe in an afterlife like the christian or muslim ones

damn son your edge levels are off the charts, be careful your mom doesnt come in and see you typing naughty words now

>Release my men. There was a dream that was Rome. It shall be realised.

>"I don't mean to lecture you, I don't mean to preach, I know I'm not your father..."
>"Then stop trying to be!"
>silence
>"...listen Peter, with great power, comes great responsibility. You and I, your aunt May, we were born into a better place than the people you see around you on the streets. The Jews, the blacks, the Orientals... They're just not like us, but that doens't mean they're worse Pete, they just need our guiding hand. We can show them how to be civilized. It's our responsibility. And by God if we can't, if we fail, we'll kill'em all. We'll kill every last one of them. But it shouldn't come to that. The blacks murder in the streets, the Jews steal from us in the banks and lie to us, but the Orientals we've mostly kept in line other than the dog-eating. They prove we can do it Pete, you can do it. I'm just an old man now, it falls on your generation to subjugate those coons you see in Harlem and the Hebes behind the tv screen. The war is coming if we can't avoid it by correcting them, and if the race war truly comes you and your friends will be the soldiers exterminating them in the streets. I don't want that for you Peter. Now... Go get your homework done, I'll pick you up at nine." - Spider-Man, Sam Raimi (2002)

I had to kill Bob Morton because he made a mistake. Now it's time to erase that mistake.

>fo
Stopped reading there

"what is best in life, Conan?"

"To defeat your enemies, see their hoses driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women"

Let's play guess the quote, no google faggots

I'm too tired to kill you, maybe tomorrow.

IF THERE IS EVEN A ONE PERCENT CHANCE HE IS OUR ENEMY WE HAVE TO TAKE IT AS AN ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY

yeah it's been playing on amc or some shit for the past couple days. Brace yourself for these to happen for the rest of the month. Good movie though so it could be worse.

">TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW YOU FUCKING STUPID BASTARD! YOU FUCKING BASTARD!

>Remember Sully, when I said I'd kill you last?
>That's right Matrix, you did!
>I lied.

>You're just the afterbirth, Eli.. You slithered out of your mothers filth. They should've put you in a glass jar on a mantlepiece.

Look at those nipples. They're like little baby toes.

Fair enough

jesus