Hey guys so I currently have an 2019 elantra sport and my current tires are 225/40r/18

Hey guys so I currently have an 2019 elantra sport and my current tires are 225/40r/18.

Im am getting winter tires and obviously getting tires these size are expensive as fuck, so I'm thinking of dropping to 205/55R/16.

What are your thoughts?

Attached: https___blogs-images.forbes.com_danroth_files_2017_09_2017-hyundai-elantra-sport-01-1200x798.jpg (960x638, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

carid.com/tire-size-calculator.html#/comparison/result/225-40-r18/205-55-r16
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

/o/ is that way

You need new 16" wheels too ya dummy.

I am a dumb cunt with cars but just wanted to point out that if you change the size of your tyres be careful because it can change the speed of your car. I used to work in a speeding fines department and the amount of times people would write in saying they put a different tyre on their car that caused speed is crazy. I also may be completely wrong but keep in mind the engine doesn't know your tyre size and is set to spin a certain way, so a smaller or larger tyre may spin faster or slower than the stock tyres are set.

I hope that makes sense. If I'm wrong then I'll be on my way now...

Tire king here, those "cheap" winters wont fit bud.

Hyundai service advisor here...

I dont care, as long as the rims fit over your rims/calipers then go for it.

Make sure you go get the quote for tires/rims off the advisor not your sleazy salesperson. The advisor will give you the better deal. Plus we make % on sales and we will get you in faster durring tire season if you buy direct from us. If you buy from parts or sales we will put your appointment at the bottom. Also fill out the fucking survey Hyundai sends you in email and leave a positive comment you ungrateful fuck.

Two things, first you're gonna have to get an entire other set of wheels for those tires. So any money you save is offset unless you have a pair that will fit laying around. The other thing is you're gonna have to store the tires you're not using somewhere. So either you're basement if you have one, somewhere inside where you live or a storage. Unless it snows every single week where you live you're far better off getting all seasons on what you're running right now.

Don't listen to this stealership kike OP

Smaller tires will spin faster at lower RPM, causing less control on slippery roads. You should go larger, not smaller, on winter tires poorfag.

Btw just to be clear guys I got new rims as well.

If your willing to completely change the wheel size on a customer's vehicle, you should get negative survey pleb. GM master race reporting In.

Attached: 1573510927434.jpg (1024x666, 160K)

Meh, if you can get a better deal elsewhere go for it. Definitely dont buy it through your salesman though. Fuck sales.

Still though, fill out the fucking survey and give them 100% yes answers. Advisors remember who gives good surveys and they'll do right by you to keep you coming back. We get a higher % of commission if we have a high customer satisfaction percentage.

>skeevy salespersons
Ok you fucking flush pimp.

If you already brought the wheels then what are you even asking here?

Google: 2019 Elantra bolt pattern
Google: 2019 elantra steel wheels ($50ea)
Google: Bridgestone blizzaks
Google: bridgestone rebates
Profit.

Solid point.

I had spare 16inch rims that I'll be using

I'm not working right now so I'm not going to really pay attention to whether OPs tire selection listed matches the same overall hight. If he buys a 16" rim with a tire that isnt tall enough to match what hes running stock then hes the pleb anyway.

Also, all car manufacturers suck. New cars are shit no matter if the parts are made in china or mexico...

That are the same bolt pattern and clear the calipers?
Why are you even asking us? Sup Forums is not your personal dial-a-tech.

fucking larper

Given how OP is clearly a fucking retard I doubt he made sure he brought the correct wheels

Would anyone larp owning a elantra? 90% of my clients are old women and brown people.

Wait, you mean theres a difference?

Oh fuck I got quads. Check em.

you can just get cheap steelies, which if you're doing winter tires right you'd have on separate wheels anyway, so who cares, it's an expected overhead

Retard already bought "rims"

Attached: 1573510077530.jpg (1024x683, 131K)

Narrow and heavy are the winter tire goals. Get Steel.

I usually go down a size or 2 in width (example car says (225/55/r17, and you get (215/65/r17)

Fucking wanna be mechanic

Just wow on the "information" here. 205/40/18 have a 25.1" overall diameter. 205/55/16's have a 24.9%, which is a less than 0.8% difference. You'll be fine. Source: carid.com/tire-size-calculator.html#/comparison/result/225-40-r18/205-55-r16 . Plus your 205/55/16's are gonna ride a lot nicer over those winter potholes too.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 7.30.04 PM.png (2670x1746, 578K)

24.9", not 24.9%

Hows vatozone treating you pud?

Be nice to OP. He just ditched the 93' chrysler family minivan