About to start this series for the first time, have seen a few people say the second season is a big drop in quality...

About to start this series for the first time, have seen a few people say the second season is a big drop in quality, was wondering what Sup Forums thinks.

Don't want to get too invested watching the first season if it turns into shite in season 2

Season 2 is pretty good and has a lot of great moments. The problem is that the show was rushed, as it was cancelled, so they had to bring a lot of story lines to their end rather quickly. It's definitely worth watching, and I'm sure you'll like it.

This. All of it, every drop is about the politics, though. Only one or two large scale battles in the whole show. If it's the fighting you want, look elsewhere.

Season 2 is just as good, just not as complete a story as the first one due to Savor it user, because once it's over it'll crush you that there aren't any more episodes

Was he /ourguy/?

I really liked season 2
I wouldn't say their is a drop in its more the story lines had to be rushed due to being cancelled
Octavian and Mark Antony are amazing through out

Just because there's only one battle scene doesn't mean there's plenty of violence though, including cool gladiator shit

I can't say that I ever noticed a drop in quality while watching it myself.

People who rip on season 2 being a big drop in quality are retards. Season 1 has horrible pacing issues itself. It's still a great show though, best depiction of ancient Rome on screen. I think my only complaint with the series, was it focused way too much on historic figures (which was one of the reasons even season 1 had such shitty timeline and pacing), when the slice-of-life drama of the two nobodies was by far the best aspect of the show.

>tfw in some other timeline David Milch made his HBO show about a criminal investigator in the slums of Rome

This. Same EXACTLY as Dollhouse.

Of course he is, and don't forget to only buy bread from the Capitoline Brotherhood of Millers, True Roman bread for True Romans

Season 1 can be watched on its own.
Definitely /our guy/
>muh cleopatra
fuck that whore.

Is Bruno Heller really that guy's name?

True, but this show shines in its intrigue more than the violence.

Slight spoilers ahead....

Ceasar made the first season a 10/10. Without him the 2nd season wasn't as goat.

It's still a great show.

One of my favorite shows.

Why did he go full retard at the end with the refugees welcome shit?

Why don't you fucking think about it some instead of asking stupid questions?

You should probably read up on the real Ceasar.

>watch rome
>find out it actually hapened

Hey, so, hey. Hey, so the guy who did the soundtrack for Rome also did the soundtrack for The Passion of Ayn Rand. His name is Jeff Beal. Is he an Objectivist? Just wondering, thanks for reading.

because they would support him, for the same reason the labour party imported thousands, simply for the vote.