I just don't understand how nu male writers ruined The Simpsons so much...

I just don't understand how nu male writers ruined The Simpsons so much. It's so hard for me to see something that changed so much.

Pic related is an episode about old people taking a drug that makes their eyeballs fall. It's so cartoonish and unreal I can't believe this is the same show I used to watch 20 years ago.

Why did this happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qhMIv7Gokfk
youtube.com/watch?v=OuZqmrNaxsg
tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/family-guy-fox-cancelled-renewed-season-15/
youtube.com/watch?v=xK_Ahtg5CxE
youtube.com/watch?v=cNuGqqDhPuY
youtube.com/watch?v=BErrWiUfAXI
youtube.com/watch?v=rK-JE8vOak0
imdb.com/title/tt0096697/eprate
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Greatest_Story_Ever_D'ohed
simp-fan.ru/episode/season-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This also happened in another episode.

>Why did this happen?

different writers and a showrunner who won't step down

that's pretty much it

had to keep up with family guy

I dont know about the Simpsons, but the earlier Family Guy seasons are much better than the later ones, and one can do an easy comparison online in less than two hours

It's your fault for daring to even give them the benefit of the doubt and watch the show at all. Hell, even watching the show is unfair both to you and them because of how subterranean it is in virtually every regard. Just put it out of your mind and one day, hopefully, it will be gone

I haven't watched a new Simpsons episode in probably ten years. I can't imagine how bastardized and cucked it is now.

youtube.com/watch?v=qhMIv7Gokfk

This should sum it up

jesus...

>Who knows what adventures they'll have between now and the time the show becomes unprofitable?

Possibly the most prophetic and upsetting line now in hindsight.

i blame family guy for this shit

Sad!

What episode was this Op?

Simpsons hasn't been good since the late 90s. The late fucking 90s. 20 years ago in the last century. In another millennium in fact. Let that sink in.

I never liked it.

The Tracey Ullman sketches were the worst part of the Tracey Ullman show.

It's always been fucking terrible.

The worst part of this is the fact it only has a 14/1 like ratio

family guy did a jew episode and got banned from TV for years, of course they were fully neutered for their return.

That video is already 6 years old. Its probably gotten worse

Something called the scorpions tale, season 22

youtube.com/watch?v=OuZqmrNaxsg

Nice anti-Semitic false shitpost.

TO CASUAL READERS: CHECK WIKIPEDIA

to be frank since matt groening step out I hated the show. I stop watching since then.

>tfw i just looked up if whether family guy was still on the air

tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/family-guy-fox-cancelled-renewed-season-15/

They made a Jew/angry Hitler joke in the pilot episode

>That video is already 6 years old

youtube.com/watch?v=xK_Ahtg5CxE

Outside of online message boards family guy is pretty much liked. Most people view family guy like people on here view the simpsons they really like the early stuff and just deal with the new stuff.

I always see re runs of older family guys instead of newer ones

I more appreciate the sordid irony of this one:
>Lisa: We should thank our lucky stars that they're still putting on a program of this caliber after so many years.

>prophetic
>Marge still not a robot

you expected a show to not change at all for 20 years?

holy fuck...

DRUMPF completely and utterly B T F O

Because they should've stopped years ago. There are only so many stories you can tell with these characters before it gets boring and repetitive. So either you cancel the show with dignity, or you throw all the rules out the window and just come up with enough outlandish bullshit to fill 20 minutes every week

you what?

Do you think the voice actors are aware of how terrible the show is and that's why they're completely phoning it in?

youtube.com/watch?v=cNuGqqDhPuY

They're rich and irreplaceable

I'd phone it in too

Don't get me wrong f.am, I remember in my high school/college years of the genuine enthusiasm for family guy.

>holy shit Stewie shot Brian in both legs
>hah man Quagmire really let Brian have it
>"hey remember when Peter fought that chicken? Here watch this, they just fought again." -t. Me

you can generally tell a show is going to shit when they 'update' the intro and start doing more gore/gross-out gags. Spongebob and family guy both did the same thing (not sure if spongebob updated their intro but they went hard with gross-out/gore shit). it's when they run out of clever writers and they become a corporate husk designed to pump out the same shit the average retard responds to

sure

but what does it matter? they get paid so much and have pretty much all of the bargaining power in negotiating for even more

youtube.com/watch?v=BErrWiUfAXI

Ahhh. There's still time lads

>mfw downloaed 100gb archive of season 1-27
>mfw never going to watch it

Homer did once daydream her being the Terminator.

I've watched them all

Mid-20s it gets enjoyable again

Do not trust this man

sadposting isn't funny anymore

what's going on here

Bart drew red lines on his eyes with pen, then tipexed them out again.

Te episode is Kamp Krustier, the sequel to Kamp Krusty from season 4

Where were you when The Simpsons became an actual parody of itself?

Spongebob runs special intros occasionally, but it always has, like the Christmas Special.
I recall a time from like 2007-2010 where any new episode I caught had some variant of people's innards falling out or their skin being peeled off, especially as a payoff at the end

Did Conan O'Brien jump the shark with the series? His episodes were great, among the best of the series, but he introduced the heavy surrealism that progressively got worse

>this episode is 6 years old almost
>the cancer has only grown since then

Good God that's shockingly bad.

Counterpoint

youtube.com/watch?v=rK-JE8vOak0

I was just a kid when the good shit was on, but my dad says that while Conan's episodes were great, they added more of a plot-centric humor where the older stuff was just dumb plots with humor coming from the characters at a brisk pace.

Schwartzwelder left the show.

Oh, user. Cartoons don't have to be 100% realistic.

You're probably right. Then after Conan left and David Mirkin became showrunner, Mirkin wrote "Homer's Odyssey" which is often seen as a turning point for the reality of the show.

Its end is ruined, though.

Who else took this drug?
Sounds like a fun ep

That animation is fucking horrendous.

Sorry, I meant "Deep Space Homer". fuck

==AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==
==AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==
==AAAAAAA==
==AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==

Content aside, I like the song

Wow how the fuck does this even happen, anyone and i mean literally fucking anyone could write something funnier than this

I dunno, Julie Kavner is sounding pretty damn robotic these days.

Fox decided The Simpsons were an appropriate method of communicating their political agenda

Jesus christ why

this has nothing to do with why the simpsons sucks. it happened decades before

>i mean literally fucking anyone could write something funnier than this
You have twenty minutes to write a funny joke involving the Simpsons and the 2016 US Presidential election.
Go.

>not realising the condition of springfield is emblematic of the moral degeneration of the US

>Eternal Sadness

>wahh waah I'm too edgy to like Ke$ha

how the fuck did tracey ullman make a come back in 2016

she was famous in the 80s, and not on this side of the pond, barely even seen her.she is more famous for setting the stage for matt groening than anything else. never seen any clips anywhere of her show. and yet some how she turns up on BBC1
I can understand yank and brit audiences want different things, like Seinfeld never caught on over here but Cheers did, but this is a weird crossover

It can change, it just would have been nice if it didn't become the fucking trainwreck it is now

>and the 2016 US Presidential election
You clearly don't understand why the modern Simpsons is shit.

Family Guy Season 1-3. Everything else doesn't exist.

bravo al "man of my sick fetishes" jean

Which episode is the red highest rated one?

Homer's Enemy

The Frank Grimes episode

The simpsons is so fucking difficult to watch online, how do you guys get it?

imdb.com/title/tt0096697/eprate

kisscartoon/watchcartoonsonline

>literally every line is a buzzfeed headline
>that awful flash animation

jesus christ

>27 seasons
>100GB
YIFY tier

>Still remember my mum and sister shouting for me to come and look at it like it was amazing

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Greatest_Story_Ever_D'ohed
>Ned Flanders becomes frustrated when Homer disrupts his Bible study group, and Reverend Lovejoy recommends that Ned invites the Simpson family to join the group on their tour of Jerusalem. Homer is skeptical, but Marge accepts and soon the family is on their way to Israel. Upon arrival in Jerusalem, they are joined by Krusty the Clown, who is making a Jewish pilgrimage. They pass the Western Wall and meet a talkative and pushy tour guide named Jakob.

hmmmmmmm

source?

The SImpsons

simp-fan.ru/episode/season-1/
Ignore Russian, just pick a season and an episode, and click Aнг. (English).

I never liked that episode. You Only Movie Twice is overrated too. It's too silly.

that episode is actually pretty anti-semitic

>In later seasons it was established that Krusty's white face was a result of his serious heart condition, and not clown makeup

Fucking inconsistent bullshit

Jesus fuck

It's amazing how some people thrive on being contrarian. Enjoy the (You) I guess.

That's just fucking disgusting.

There's nothing wrong with Kesha