17m opening weekend, the worst box office opening for what should be a summer blockbuster in over a decade

17m opening weekend, the worst box office opening for what should be a summer blockbuster in over a decade.

What went wrong with this reboot that rewrote the original like fans wanted?

Did anyone want a ghostbusters remake...?

it was specifically made to pander to feminists

The original wasn't a great movie it was a cult classic, that coupled with the fact its a complete rewrite there's no suprised no one went to see it the first one wasn't liked for the plot so why would the remake be

They over played the feminist angle and invited controversy for buzz. It turned people off and made them fed up of hearing about it.

Is that image serious or ironic? Idiocracy didn't make a point of the president being black.

Absolutely nobody wanted a remake, they wanted a sequel.

>They over played the feminist angle and invited controversy for buzz.
over at sony they fired the marketing guy for using the angle of anyone who doesnt see it hates women, but maybe it would work for other not this one?

I hate feminists too but you're twisting stats, more shit I hate.

It looks like Ghostbusters made 17M on Friday, set to make 46M over the weekend...

Oh well, at least I won't let my memory of the first two be tarnished.

i'd really like to breed kristen wiig

How are they racist if they like the movie with the black guy?

>It looks like Ghostbusters made 17M on Friday, set to make 46M over the weekend...
that was the prediction but as of today its 17m....

sundays dont do shit and never have for movies. meaning on sunday the take will not be more than the thursday early screenings, the opening night and saturday combined, if it was bigger than that it would be a first in movie history so the weekend take is looking more like 18-20m

the problems in the ghostbusters remake are the exact same problems in the robocop remake.

hollywood never learns their lesson.

after the terrible reviews all over social media from normal people, the negative buzz is killing this movie dead.

If rather take my non existent daughter to see this film than half the crap on Disney channel like or Dan foot fetish Schneider crap.

Idiocracy depicted that guy as a moron. He was a literally a pro-wrestler elected president because the average American became retarded over time due to smart people being cucked and getting out-bred by hicks, spics, and nigs.

you know the plot of the first film is that boomers have so much kids that it kills the working class because people are too busy working and don't have kids so the savages take over and the only way to save the world is for him to embrace communism.

>bieng this stupid

Do some comparison first

Bullshit. Idiocracy is social and political commentary, the new Ghostbusters is pandering to a social and political demographic. Theres a big difference.

so wait they are calling me a racist because they made 17 million?

>mother fuckers I will print you an invoicem It is just business :^)

yep this movie is DOA that just proves it when comparing it to the other movies out now.

Shit meant
This
Meant for

that is just an image I found on reddit making the rounds where they use it to call anyone not seeing the new ghostbusters a racist for hating women.

Yeah, the difference is that it is social commentary when young white guys are doing the criticizing and it is social pandering when young white guys are being criticized. Right, cletus?

Didn't they make a big deal of all of the production staff being women, before the trailer debuted and the controversy started?

Except idiocracy was aimed at everyone you fat fugly landwhale.

>When you're so mad your insults no longer make sense

There's nothing political about Ghostbusters (currentyear) except the way it was promoted. So the movie itself isn't commentary. It's barely pandering. It's more of a pathetic attempt to get ideologues to part with their money.

>Why is the new Ghostbusters movie SJW propaganda?
Besides the fact that it does very little other than bash men almost the entire movie? It's knowing that the women headlining the movie are naturally talented and lovely comedians who genuinely love the original Ghostbusters, who are very clearly trying to make the most of a shitty fucking script thrown in front of them. The entire movie is SJW pandering. The fact that they're female has nothing to do with it.

kristen wiig is a fucking doll, it's too bad she had to perform this abortion. hopefully she got a good payday.

sounds profetic...

I feel bad that Hemsworth got wrapped up in this turd.