What's Sup Forums's favorite Takeshi Kitano movie?

What's Sup Forums's favorite Takeshi Kitano movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HEVfzRV1IcM
youtube.com/watch?v=zSLlX4czsZA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hana Bi

I didn't like Sonatine when i watched it. Probably because i didn't "get" kitano then. So i should rewatch it.

Outrage is fucking trash

Does he have any good stuff besides Hana-bi and Sonatine?
I've heard really good and really bad things about Kikujiro...

That one where he says konoyaro a lot and shot people and he dies

I've only seen Outrage and Sonatine so far. While Sonatine is currently my favorite, I didn't hate Outrage. What did you think was so bad about it?

that one

Violent Cop. Plebs.

Johnny Mnemonic

Zatochi you plebs

It just felt like a rehash of all his previous work without the charm or creativity

it's good but not his best, feels like a test run

Ghost in the Shell

Outrage 2 of course

Anybody ever watch his comedy material?

Ano natsu, ichiban shizukana umi

Sonatine. Inb4 too arthouse

Brother or Hana-Bi

All of them.

SONATINE

That's coming from someone who has seen all of his yakuza/crime films. Ive yet to see the drama ones. Also check out Gonin, it features kitano in an antagonist role

Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence. It's the only movie he's in where he actually acts instead of KONNOYAROing and looking constipated the whole time.

Hana bi might be his best
Kijujiro, A Scene at the Sea, Zatoichi are also great
also liked Violent Cop and Achilles and the tortoise thought not as good as the others
didn't really care for Sonatine, Dolls or Boiling point
Brother isn't too good
don't know what to say about Outrage and Beyond Outrage other than they were very dry
haven't seen the rest

>didn't really care for Sonatine, Dolls or Boiling point
>Brother isn't too good
>don't know what to say about Outrage and Beyond Outrage other than they were very dry
>haven't seen the rest
you said enough, pleb
fuck off to r*eddit

i forgot about Kids return, also one of his best

>didn't really care for Sonatine, Dolls or Boiling point

It's on my todo list, same as yours.

50% of what made Hanna-Bi good is the score in my opinion. Never fails to make me feel a bittersweet mix of happiness and sadness.

youtube.com/watch?v=HEVfzRV1IcM

I like seijun suzuki better

not a movie, but this shit was gr8

Outrage is just a generic yakuza flick like 600 that come out in japan every year.
In Glory to the Filmmaker, Kitano goes around with a puppet of himself and complains that the producers only want him to make tearjerkers and generic yakuza flicks, and all he has done since are a tearjerker and generic yakuza flicks, he wasn't even subtle about it.

Joe Hisaishi's soundtracks are excellent. The fact that Kitano uses music so sparingly in his movies makes them all the more impactful.
youtube.com/watch?v=zSLlX4czsZA

Kikujiro's Summer. It's absolute kino.

Why is he always playing a rude, violent and silent character?

it's the epitome of being badass in japan

partly speculation, but before he started his film career he was only known as a comedian in Japan. A lot of his movies were never really taken seriously there because people knew him for decades as "that funny guy" not a serious actor. I'd say he tried to distance himself from being a comedian with his movie characters being very serious

Hana-bi might be his best.

Just came back from watching this. He was great desu

Ghost in the shell

haha epic and original b8 my friend. Really made me eks dee

/thread

>it's a kitano kicks a guy while having his hands in his pockets episode

This.

Kids Return

also was good in that one oshima movie