What the fuck am i watching?

what the fuck am i watching?

hair kino

Is this a quiz?

A David Lynch movie, it's best not to think about it.

Surreal kino.

The dangers and fears of being a father

Pure kino

Kinohead

its a test to find out if you are a pleb.
seems you're doing badly at the moment.

a movie
take your gut reaction to things at face value

Is pleb liking it now?

I ate an omelette while watching this film the first time I saw it. Do not recommend.

What the fuck is up with the guy's mom all leaning into him when he comes over for dinner. This movie to me is the equivalent of the emperor's new clothes fable. Oh it's such a good movie!! Made from the finest silk. It's like the flick just tries as hard as possible to make you feel uncomfortable.

>a film is only good if the viewing experience is comfortable and entertaining

First class supreme plebeian spotted

>It's like the flick just tries as hard as possible to make you feel uncomfortable.

And that's bad?

>an uncomfortable unentertaining movie can still make for a good viewer experience.

I think you like it for the same reason citizen cane.

Eraserhead™

>I think you like it for the same reason citizen cane
I notice a weird coincidence on Sup Forums - everyone who really hates David Lynch seems to be partially illiterate

A filmed nightmare.

How the fuck do people find it confusing, sure there are surreal elements throughout but the story itself is pretty straight forward.

Bet you think Tarkovsky and Bergman are hacks too right

A lifetime of watching superhero movies.

>an uncomfortable unentertaining movie can still make for a good viewer experience.

Yes, exactly.
A "good viewing experience" doesn't necessarily mean it's a happy positive experience, the whole point of some films is to make you feel uncomfortable and at unease (Threads, Funny Games, The Road)

It's an okay movie but it's essential /trying too hard/-core when it comes to film taste.

An overrated movie.

Go watch Lethal Weapon 2 if you're looking to be entertained.

Lol it's funny thinking of people who paid to see this and then they get in the theater and sit down then audio and visual diarrhea starts shitting it's way into your eyes and ears. Lynch was a troll before his time.

What's even funnier is people think it's a good film.

a flick

>Eraserhead
>"audio and visual diarrhea"

Sure thing buddy, you just keep outing yourself as an absolute pleb.
The framing and composition of the shots are top notch and the use of sound design is considered as one of the best in cinema history.

You have no arguments for your points other than "it's so randumb and stupid xDdD"

It's not even like... a david lynch INTENT-film, it took what 7 years to film? It's like a decade's worth of dreams melding into what the fuck did I just watch?

hehe you are so right, we are all just pretending to like it hehhe Lynch sure did prank us all he is still laughing at us uncontrollably heh what a prank got em hehehehehhe

mehhhh my opinion doesn't match everyone elses

eraserhead

There is no universal singular answer in Lynch films, they are more of an experience in a form of a dream.
Yes there are some general themes and ideas, but there is no singular universal answer of what it is, Lynch hates symbolism. It's more about the experience, you should not manually overanalyze every single shot.

Movies aren't puzzles which you have to put together in a certain kind of way to "get" them.