What did you cynical faggots think of it?

What did you cynical faggots think of it?

easily one of the best horrors of the last decade

good movie

I wish the kid would've been ripped apart and then suffered eternally in hell.

I liked it

BABA DOOK

DOOK

>horror

nope, its a drama about mental illness.

wow i bet you think you're SO sharp!
fucking idiot, no shit it's about mental illness. It's still a horror film, cunt.

That woman has to be a psychotic in real life, she played that way too well.

>directed by a woman
yeah I didn't watch it

Promising but ultimately a pretty bad movie.

Atmosphere of the film was good, or at least started that way until they ruined it with the terrible writing.
Annoying kid. Like REALLY FUCKING annoying.
Aimless in its writing and direction.
Ending was completely out of left field, and made no sense whatsoever.
The film wouldn't have pissed me off as much if it didn't advertise itself as the savior of the horror genre.
Like seriously, they should have put more money into the film itself than in the advertising.
Fucking no jump scares? These faggots are dishonest, there are quite a few jump scares in this piece of shit.
To compare this film to Rosemary's Baby is a travesty and a crime.

this is truly an embarrassing post

Had some good moments but the creature design and atmosphere was never utilised to really make it unnerving or scary as the movie could have been. The last few sequences were poorly executed, didn't really have any tension. Disappointing payoff for a solid film that could have been great.

Saying this wasn't a horror film to begin with is kind of a cop out. If it really wasn't supposed to be then it's still a shame.

careful with those edges bro, you'll hurt somebody.

but if you found this shit in any way scary then you were probably molested by your mommy. and judging by your anger I guess I'm correct.

>wish a character who was right all along was ripped apart and suffered eternally in hell

Okay

Go shill somewhere else. Return only when you can handle the criticism targeted at the terrible movies you make.

Should have let the masturbation scene play out longer

>can't handle critism of his opinion
lol

Not the guy you're replying to but >if you found this shit in any way scary
>implying it's only horror when it's scary

people were actually scared of this garbage?

>if you're not scared by a film marketed as a horror worldwide, it's not a horror film
smart lad

>the creature design and atmosphere was never utilised to really make it unnerving or scary as the movie could have been

What would you have done? I'm fairly certain there is no way they could have made the childsbook like creature scary in any scenario. It was almost laughable at times to be honest. Even weirder when I consider people were actually scared by it.

10/10 sound effects though. give them that.

Pretty good.

You didn't criticize my opinion, or even begin to address any of the points I made. You said it was an embarrassing post for whatever reason (a multitude of reasons anyone could imagine).

he's criticizing you, and you defend yourself with allegations that he made the film. how can you be this retarded? Clearly not everyone agrees with you, at least one of these people isn't the filmmaker, can't you handle that?

>ruined it with the terrible writing.

Go on..
The only part I found badly written was the ending, having him locked up in the basement.

t. brainlet

It was a facetious attempt to suggest that anyone who would defend this piece of shit of film had to be the film's maker. I honestly could not understand how anyone would defend this film from criticism if they weren't so attached to it.

not him, I'm but I think what he means is that if he or I were to write such mess of (often irrelevant to a review of the film) opinions, while recognizing them as fact and name dropping rosemary's baby as the mic drop, we'd feel embarrassment.

Lets assume the Babadook isn't JUST a metaphor and is a 'real', there is little reason to be scared of it. It is literally a moving piece of cardboard sliding along the floor. Like just walk up to it and smack it or something.

I mean she beats it by screaming really loud, so what I propose can't be too much sillier.

>no one could possibly like this film enough to defend it without having made it
you're so obviously touched, it's almost sad.

The writing was aimless, as in it did not have any proper structure. The poorly thought out ending was only one example of this "aimless" writing. There were so many interesting things that you, or anyone, could have done with this but those wrote the film obviously lacked the creativity to do so.

>proper structure.
please enlighten us

Right, but, unless all the people I've ever met who liked this film, which of course isn't everyone, were secretly the film maker in a series of elaborate disguises, then you're just wrong. I'm not attached to it at all, I just disagree with you.

How was it aimless, it didn't really stray from the traditional movie rising falling action shit. What are you on about exactly.

Really good

Perfect blend of psychological horror and traditional monster flick

It was definately better than the average horror movie, but then again the average horror movie is garbage.
A fair 7/10 imo

>Ending was completely out of left field, and made no sense whatsoever.
As much as I thought the movie was a disappointment, this really isn't the case. The twist was completely obvious, and so was the metaphor aspect. The complete lack of subtely made the move much less interesting to me. Overall, the story was too simple to really being interesting for an actual film; it felt too much like a short film with a bunch of unnecessary padding.

>whole plot is revealed after reading bedtime story

FUCK THIS MOVIE.

I'm not sure what reddit thinks about it so I don't have an opinion yet.

Just going on reddits usual judgement of films that are generally regarded as good and well done, I'd say it's probably second or third only to Citizen Kane and Dark Knight.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha aren't you funny

no its about a young warlock who inherited his fathers magic

stop it

It's objectively a horror movie tho. You're just wrong

Fine, you're right, Inception and Dark Knight.

Nice try reddit.

Started off great, then got annoying then just boring.

The ending dragged on too long, and as soon as it was obvious the Babadook wasnt real (which was pretty early) the film lost all of its tension and scary atmosphere, it just became a drawn out actors piece about depression/grief.

Was glad when it was over, and probably won't watch it again.

no you were supposed to actually stop

>decade
more than you've been alive apparently.

Didn't enjoy it. Thought it was pretty shitty.

clever comeback, lad.

Name 5 better. I'll be waiting.

recommend me a better horror movie than this

rec still remains the best one i've ever seen

Go back

I don't know how there isn't more criticism about the shitty final confrontation and ending. Basically ruined everything.

Awesome 'muh womenz' movie.