Fury

The synopsis alone makes this movie sound ridiculous, there's just no way that you could believably portray the Americans as underdogs in WWII let alone during the last months. Why does Hollywood continue to produce self-fellating garbage like this?

>April, 1945. During the last months of WWII, a battle-hardened army sergeant named Wardaddy (Brad Pitt) takes command of a five-man team who pilot a Sherman tank named Fury on a deadly mission behind enemy lines. Outnumbered and outgunned, they have to defeat all odds in an attempt to strike down Nazi Germany.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xSYRtXINZp0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanic_Americans_in_World_War_II
youtube.com/watch?v=JWUih1VT34s
youtube.com/watch?v=p2VUGfrZyck
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>another faggot european crying about daddy America
time for prayer, Hanz.

I'm whining about (((Hollywood))) my dear martsharter

>April 1945
>Outnumbered and outgunned
But there's literally a scene that shows how hopelessly outnumbered and outgunned the Germans are

Man I got goosebumps during that scene

>Why does America make pro-American films?
Are you actually this retarded?

>one tank can take down the entire German Army

sounds plausible.

So you can only create pro-American films when you devise entirely implausible settings for them?
Really makes you think...

seriously though, what was his fucking problem?

>that doesn't happen
just watch the movie people, good vfx and beautiful tanks.

>Implying America didn't clean the fuck up in W1 and WW2
Come back when you've actually read some history.

Not loved by mummy and daddy, probably cucked him too.

>there's just no way that you could believably portray the Americans as underdogs in WWII
It doesn't. It's talking about one tank crew that's alone behind enemy lines. Learn to read yuropoor, or asiapoor or whatever poor country your butthurt originates from.

The complaint was that they are portrayed as underdogs in this and other war movies you braindead fuck. Read the synopsis in the OP and tell me that that's even remotely close to actual history.

Hey euroshit, you don't have to watch our movies.
We'll continue to not watch yours.

see It's talking about one tank crew, not the entire American army. Get some basic reading comprehension.

that one tank crew are the underdogs
in no way does that movie imply that americans in general were the underdogs, see

>tfw no field modified Sherman.

>>Tank one

Gaddammnit

>>Tank 2

Gaddammnit

>>Tank 3

Gaddammnit!

how the fuck is this movie 2 hours long, there's only like 4 fucking scenes in it.

1. they sit around being grizzled depressed fucks
2. they eat some some eggs
3. they fight some tanks
4. the germans think their bullets are free candy and keep running face first into them in massive human waves

I still haven't seen the first 45 minutes of this movie. Why does that German let the one guy go at the end?

45 minutes of Pitt close ups using that god aweful accent.

He's meant to be the German equivalent to Norman but the execution of the thematic is done in the worst way possible since Norman just moments before killed most of the German's comrades. I don't think he'd wave it off and walk away with a smile on his lips.

schreeeEEEE- PING! vewewewew-

schreeeeeeee-INCOMING

While America is overwhelmingly winning the war as a whole, they still have to fight a series of individual battles where they can still suffer heavy casualties. In this movie, they basically get cut off from the rest of the army and are forced to make a last stand. Or do you think that the Allies won every single battle with no casualties once they started winning?

The best war films are literally all European though. Hell, the best films are European. You're shooting yourself in the foot.

Europoor detected, name me even one

Stalingrad.

Is that picture from Fury? I don't remember that scene.

Every British commando flick.

JUST force my engine up famm

Who the fuck you think you are, Jesus Christ? You gonna raise her up?

youtube.com/watch?v=xSYRtXINZp0

Despite some Hollywood BS the movie is good because it actually used real tanks and the sound production was amazing

>mfw those PaK rounds flying
>mfw those ricochet sounds
>mfw lemme touch ur moustache
>mfw that 8.8 sound
>mfw seeing Tiger 131 come out of that ditch

James bond

I bet those me 262s fucked those bombers up good

Probably ended up downing 5 bombers before their engines failed then crashed

I still think the ending scene is supposed to show that the SS Division or whatever are actually Hitlerjugend. The kid in the end that looks at norm is simply too young. That and the tactics they use, if they can even be called that, are those of a fucking division with kids in it.

Shia was also fucking great in the movie.

>there's just no way that you could believably portray the Americans as underdogs in WWII let alone during the last months.
See: marines in the pacific front

Eventually, they do get outgunned and outnumbered. I think the synopsis is talking about the end of the film.

Also, Fury portrays the Americans as much as monsters as the Germans, at least from a neutral point of view.

>He doesn't have relatives who tell their story about joining at the age of 16

Honestly? There was nothing to do outside of the war, and when you were 14 you were already considered a man by society's standards. I know that there were rules and regulations about age but I'm sure that most recruiters needed to make a quota

>hurrr the sounds
>theres this sounde and then i heard that soune too it was really lowd lmao i clapped
Sound design cheerleaders are the bottom of the pleb barrel.

t. deaf person

mad cuz deaf

It's what I've noticed in war movies that Brad Pitt plays in. He must have some input on the directing because he never had a movie where the allies were shining beacons of virtue and hope against the apparently satanic Germans.
Watching inglorious bastards he gave a pretty solid perspective of the shit that goes on in war. And now in fury.

There are bloodthirsty psychopaths in every army, and i think that needs to be portrayed more often.

I dunno man, the soundtrack in Interstellar makes me want to watch that movie two time a month.

Yeah, I know, but I think they got cold feet when they were really going to portray the final desperate battle as a machine of death against kids. That would have driven the point that war doesn't give a fuck home, but I think they knew that Americans would get pissed at it or something.

Daily reminder Easy 8 was the best all-around tank of WWII

>But i think they knew Americans would get pissed
Where do you get this idea from? And who is they, and why do you think Americans are some hivemind? Please stop generalising complex shit when nobody is a carbon copy of another.

Americans were treated as the underdogs because the people who made the movie were brainwashed by History Channel memes about the Sherman being a fiery death trap and how it took five Shermans to beat one Tiger.

Many people don't look for that in Fury, though. I think most people were expecting "RAH RAH RAH AMERICAH" and then they show the crew as severely damaged people who are barely functional and who fuck up the only good guy to join the ranks, because they really have no choice other than to turn him into a killing remorseless machine.

It's a really good movie.

It may be a stereotype, but where I'm from it's regarded that Americans really get pissed when you talk about some of the crimes they commited in World War 2 and in some other places and that they weren't all good people. Didn't mean to offend, friend.

*blocks your path*

They really weren't treated as underdogs, though. The Fury crew were because eventually they do get isolated and outnumbered, in the rest of the movie most of the dialogue is about the fucking Germans being in ruins and going so far as to loot caos and so on from the Allies.

Gonna need me a source on that pic

Well I'm among quite a few soldiers and patriotic Hicks and i must say even they are tired of cliché patriotism Wanking. But that's just my perspective. Also i find it hard to believe anyone has ever gone to a movie with a "rah rah America" attitude otherwise we'd have more movies with those themes. Again, you're generalising a lot with saying that and stereotyping too many people by catagorising them into such basic terms.

I liked Fury but the ending was handled pretty poorly and felt like it was only in the film so people wouldn't complain about Americans being depicted in a somewhat negative way.

633 squadron
cockleshell heroes

>Americans get offended at war crimes that "some soldiers" commited

So does every other country in the world. Where are you from? You keep referencing "America" like it's a person. It's a fucking country with millions of people. I'm trying not to sound triggered but you keep Lumping shit together like a singular entity. You don't see me saying "wow all you Europeans sure generalise a lot"

The saviours of the Jews will always be harald as the good goys. Don't mistake it.

All of you weeaboos sure post a ton of dumb shit.

I'm Portuguese. We actually deal with our war crimes pretty well. I'm just saying the average american is more patriotic than the average portuguese and the view we have of you guys is that you're extremely patriotic.

We view the germans as pathetic robots who can't satisfy women worth a damn.

Come on. I know you can walk down the street and find someone with a different opinion. Stop making broad statements about populations as if you did a consensus of public opinions.

I'm sorry if I'm unloading onto you particularly but I'm just sick of Sup Forums posters treating the opinions from a small sample size of a population and treating it as if it represents the entire viewpoint of a country.

I can't go anywhere on here without people generalising millions of fucking people because they heard 3 people say relatively similar ideas.

Talvisota is the best war movie ever made

CHINGA TU MADRE NAZIZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!

I have an american airbase 20 mins from where I live and people in my country do view the americans as highly patriotic, jesus, just listen to our talkshows and shit.

It's not an insult, by the way.

This shit was way too fucking depressing

damn

2nd cringiest part of the movie after "love interest dies a horrible death"

>3 M4A2's versus Tiger
>2 get pwned
>Fury takes 3 Kwk43's without dying
>manages to then take over hundreds of SS troops
>takes Panzerfausts like mad

The film was annoying. They literally had a black guy in the tank crew, who died and was replaced... USA had Racial Segregation in WW2. Blacks were used to guard supply routes, used as messengers and various other shit jobs. They didn't actually fight major battles.

I really like how the new guy asked "why don't they just give up?" and Brad Pitt responds "would you?" and the new guy couldn't respond.

the latter was just the director expressing his opinion on roasties

The film was quote good at showing both sides were ruthless and just as prone to being shits (like the guys wanting to rape the women) and so on. But same problem as always. It's difficult to portray offensive wars positively for the protag. Defensive wars are usually way more suited to films.

But the Americans weren't in many defensive situations in WW2. Pearl Harbor, Battle of the Bulge and maybe German counter-attacks at bet. Everything else is aggressive.

They didn't have a black guy in the crew though.

At the start, when they roll into the depot, the new guy replaces the dead crew member. If you watch him brought out of the tank, he's black.

I won't say I'm 100% sure, but he looked black to me. I'm sure somebody can find the scene.

your fault for watching american propaganda
I avoid american war movies like the plague

Right so no niggers allowed but Michael Pena is there somehow?

First I thought that that was my post that I just forgot.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanic_Americans_in_World_War_II

He wasn't black. At second 59 you can see his hands are, at worst, the color of Penas.

youtube.com/watch?v=JWUih1VT34s

>3 kwk43's
>one ricochet at high angle
>one ricochet at high angle (which caused spalling which took out the motor for turret traverse)
>one bouncing off the front glacis from high angle

all realistic

>using "pwned"
go back to r*ddit

The Sherman was the best tank of the war.

>Outnumbered and outgunned, they have to defeat all odds in an attempt to strike down Nazi Germany.

This makes sense towards the end of the movie when they're stuck in enemy territory with an SS battalion approaching them.

The second largest mexican nation is USA, is no surprise to have an latino guy there

I loved that scene. It's powerful, really.

nothing special about shermans, they just made a lot of them.

the most important allied tank was arguably the churchill, which was a total throwback design that became the infantry's best mate thanks to its versatility and toughness.

t34 was the single most successful design though. no arguments to be had there really. for all the german wonder designs if they had something as fast to produce, capable and reliably as the t34 they could've scrapped most their more specialized designs.

>americans living in their own delusional reality
Happens every day.

Does he look black mang

>let spics fight but not niggers

Jesse Owens was right, Hitler should've won.

because the 5 characters end up behind enemy lines and have to fight an entire battalion by themselves you stupid brainwashed Sup Forums drone

Too bad all that shit would do fucking nothing except make you feel a little safer.

spics where counted as white during the war and allowed to serve and fight with the rest, well as long as they where mayan to Castizos looking guys.

if you where a nappy headed Dominican you went with the nigs.

Fury is literally this but with flags changed

He didn't say that you BLACKEDTITE

*with flags changed and tanks

youtube.com/watch?v=p2VUGfrZyck

forgot vid

Yeah, this.
I'm glad it doesn't repeat the same old 'All SS are evil baby-killing monsters' meme, but it's hard to believe he'd let Norman go right after he had slaughtered an entire battalion

The ending should've had War Daddy being taken out and beaten to death by the Germans, with Norman using the distraction to slip off into the night

Do you have the scene where he's removed from the tank? He looks black there, facial features as well.

>all realistic

Not at those fucking ranges. The fact you think the 'Sherman' is the best tank of the war shows your lack of knowledge. Which Sherman, eh? M4? M4A1? M4A2? M4A3? M4A4? What about the M4A3 105mm? Or the M12, which is based on the same chassis?

Also, define 'best'.

I was going off the scene where he was taken out of the tank. I'm happy to be wrong, but that's what I'm sure I saw.

Sure he did, right after he refused the gold medal and said he had an unfair advantage over the German athletes.

Hitler was so impressed they had lunch and rode sick motor bikes in the countryside all afternoon.

>he Sherman was the best tank of the war.
Panther was the best tank of the war. Sherman just brought a lot of themselves.

>I still think the ending scene is supposed to show that the SS Division or whatever are actually Hitlerjugend.
I don't think so.
If you look at their faces while they're marching, most of them look like young adults or guys in their 30s/40s, which is probably due to the fact that (IIRC) they're actual reenactors who were hired as extras

I heard somewhere that in the original script they were supposed to be mostly kids

They were stranded in a broken down tank with a ss company approaching them. Worth a watch. Entertaining enough. Not mind blowing but all you do is masturbate and watch flicks anyway

He didn't even define 'best'. What, all round? Armour? Weapons? Speed? Shape? Versatility? Cheapness? Quickness to Produce? Etc. Etc.

Because he was a kid seeing another frightened kid. He was also probably conscripted like the other german kids in the first town they take over. It's to establish that both sides had good people and people who were pushed around and become bad and outright evil people.

Not really man. Fury goes out of it's way to show the good and bad in both sides.

I have his face.

Yeah, that's what I meant, They changed it from kids to adults, but I think the original idea made more sense and then ending makes more sense if you think of the last fight as the tank crew versus kids.

Here comes Shermposter

You shit up literally every fury thread