/TurnLeft/ Speedweeks Edition:

>SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 10TH

>FS1
10:35-11:55 a.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice,(Advance Auto Parts Clash)

>FS1
1:05-1:55 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series first practice

>FS1
3:05-3:55 p.m.: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series final practice

>FS1
4:45 pm
ARCA
Lucas Oil 200 Driven by General Tire (80 laps, 200 miles

>SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 11TH

>FOX
DAYTONA 500 Qualifying presented by Kroger
BUY NOW
2:00 pm - 2:50 pm

>FS1
Advance Auto Parts Clash at DAYTONA (75 Laps, 187.5 Miles)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BiUlz9kmAyw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No two week gap between football and Nascar?!?!

Does the clash as soon as qualifying is over or is there a set time?

Pretty much, their site says 3pm is the start time and Daytona qualifying always takes forever.

Rolling for laps led by /ourguy/ based Chase in the 500...

Fuckin Awesome.

Is the ARCA race ever worth watching or is it better to just wait till after the race and youtube the wrecks? I just wanna see someone flip.

It's ARCA's first plate race with the composite bodies so who knows how it'll be.

OP's retarded. Qualifying is at noon.

>OP's retarded. Qualifying is at noon.

I see that now, There are two rounds and I mistakenly cropped out the first round start time.

th for manica

How will he do during his season lads?

Depends on if Petty gets out of midpack status.

I think the Ford teams are way behind so the switch to Chevrolet should help a bit.

Lately it seems like every time a new body style is introduced it dominates immediately.
Should be interesting to see if Chevy has anything for the Toyota camp this year. I hear Ford is about to introduce a new body for 2019.

first RAGS of 2018 boyos

Petty moving to Chevy for 2018 was a good move.

Chevy should win 20 or more races this year.

Always rags, accept no substitutes.

So who gets the meme poll for the 500?
>Danicles
>Bubba
>Chess
>New >sneak
>Blowman

It'll be a ford.

They're throwing the kitchen sink at speedweeks because they're struggling so bad to compete.

I'd put my money on another Chase

It'll be Bubba for the 1st black guy on the pole for the Daytona 500 story

Bubba 100% gets the pole and Bowman gets the outside pole.

Black dude plus Jr's replacement. Expect Jr to be on the 88 pitbox and be in all the photos to get all the Jr fans on Bowman's side.

>four days until ARCA

>Is the ARCA race ever worth watching
ARCA is arguably the best stock car series in the US right now

It really is. And will NASCAR learn that and want the bull rings?

hell no

Cup cars should be on the dirt at eldora twice per year.
ARCA is lightyears ahead of NASCAR

They should run Cup cars for one race, then the teams should have to prepare 410 Sprint cars with their sponsor schemes and run a points paying Sprint race complete with heats, B and A mains

>Dale and Dave Blaney show up every year and cuck Ryan
>Tony benches Almirola for Schatz
>Larson and Stenhouse basically every year

>never the guy
>making a living off of his father's name and number
>has had the best equipment since he was in diapers
>cheated in the snowball derby
>wiped out ty dillon in a dirty move for his first nascar win
>finished 2nd in xfinity points to chris buescher
>made jeff gordon retire early so he could take his place
>a lapped car made him his bitch
>got wrecked out of a championship and did nothing about it except point
>ran hamlin into a wall like a pussy instead of dumping him
>endorses hooters but has never seen a pair of tits besides his mom's
>drives the ugliest designed cars in cup series history
>retweets stupid shit like the lad bible
>clean cut, clean shaven, dull as dishwater
>other young drivers like blaney, bubba, and larson chill together and have wild lifestyles
>loner in the garage
>probably an incel
>dale sr would have whooped his ass
>only popular because NASCAR and chevy are shoving him down everyone's throats
>got kicked out of the 24
>for someone who actually could beat cup drivers in xfinity driving his old car
>using the 9 to attract those five bill elliott fans who still watch NASCAR
>two NASCAR cup champions have called him overrated
>bowman and byron will both win before him

yeah, just run the cup cars at Eldora twice per season.
Tony can afford some more grandstands and can pay off the local politicians for some infrastructure improvements

Food for thought,

Avg NHL attendance per game: 17,481
Avg NBA attendance per game: 17,319
Avg NFL attendance per game: 69,264
Avg NASCAR attendance per race: [REDACTED] STATUS: CLASSIFIED

Let's say avg Cup series attendance is down to 75,000 per race, not an unlikely number, probably worse

Why not race at somewhere like Eldora or Road America for the TV shekels? People would tune in, especially for an Eldora deal with heat races and eliminations and such.
Fucking Brian France is a business failure of epic proportions.

If I'm a big Indycar fan, who should be /myguy/ in the Daytona 500?

Adding again, at a cursory glance, Eldora attendance is quoted as 20,000+ for the truck races.
Imagine if Tony invested to pack 35,000 into that place twice per year. Nearly 2X an avg NHL,NBA attendance and over half of a big city NFL game attendance + the TV spectacle of it all.
Is that not a strategic sports media business strategy win by multiple measures? Imagine every dirt track in the USA shutting down for the weekend so that teams and drivers and fans could tune into the NASCAR on dirt show?

I fucking hate Brian France.

Tony Stewart Team members, Tony Raced a lot on Indy before came to NASCAR

Kurt Bush, Ryan Blaney, Bubba Wallace and Danicrap

>[REDACTED] STATUS: CLASSIFIED

you know that some tracks reveal the number of attendence right? beacuse they need tell them to investors

>Kurt Bush
oh yeah i forgot that he raced Indycars

>Danicrap
probablly she dont even will finsh the race

NASCAR don't publish that shit with pride like they used to

I'm just doing quick web searches + my own visual estimates as a long time fan. Attendance is down 50% from 2002-2006 across the board I'd say.
At select tracks it remains strong, but looking back at last year, some of those races were pretty sparse in terms of butts in the seats

not enough VIP bullshit to entice NASCAR

blame the tracks itself, i heared from lot of people that prices are expensive as fuck

even Daytona 500 this year is being expensive as fuck with the 4-Day weekend pass being $570.00 at minimum, if you want to expend all speedweeks its even worst, it has only a pack and it is $2,800.00

only Clash itself has more cheap tickets coming from 85 bucks

i feel that NASCAR knows that and NASCAR wants to do that in the future

but the thing is that for Xfinty and specially on cup they have special contracts with the tracks (contracts that NASCAR cant break) until 2020 season, so probablly it will have some changes about it on next decade

That's the Brian France "I spend all of my weekends at Trump's Mar-A-Lago coked up, fucked up, and drunk as a skunk trying to impress billionaires that hate me but don't have the heart to tell me to my face" effect.
Fucking guy is a clown.

>blame the tracks itself,
Half the tracks are ISC, owned by the France family
the other half are run by SMI and Bruton Smith who is a puppet of Eddie Gossage

God bless the last remaining independent tracks.

Does Bubba's team have some kind of connection?(Don't know what team he drives for)
I'm aware of Kurt Busch's 2014 effort, certainly aware of Stewart and Danica's involvement.
I wouldn't root for Danica mostly because she's never shown decent results in NASCAR, her Indycar results were certainly above the backmarkers, but also not worth cheering on.

>i feel that NASCAR knows that and NASCAR wants to do that in the future
You mean the coming Mike Helton/Dale Jr led armed coup at NASCAR HQ in Charlotte?
I can't wait.

They need to convince/force one of the intermediate tracks to tear itself down and reconfigure into a short track. Only way this shit's getting done.

>independent tracks

>Loudon a shit
>Dover becoming a shit
>Pocono unironically not a shit but no one likes it

ISC tracks will stay in calendar this is obivus as fuck, but some tracks of SMI will suffer changes

i bet that Kansas will lost the second race since now they dont have Spring to support them anymore and they are going to put a Road Track or even Eldora after track expension works

>Sprint
fixed

Kansas to a possible race proven Charlotte Roval style course? Count me in.

He races for Richard Petty, the biggest team on NASCAR beacuse he belongss to the most sucessful driver that existed on sport (at least before Jimmie Johnson starts racing)

Can you please stop posting? Thanks

well, they already have a roval ready for it

youtube.com/watch?v=BiUlz9kmAyw

>1 post by this ID

shut up brian

>trigged for JJ
>"muh JJ sux"

is this 2010 now? yeah he won lot on chase era but he won lot of races anyways

top kek
This would actually make a great track for Brian France's NASCAR stage racing series

I belive that Kansas will lost the spot even if they tries put this roval, thye dont have the political spot on the sport anymore

>they dont have the political advantage spot on the sport anymore

fixed

Kansas is a failure.
NASCAR would have been better off placing that track in the Denver Colorado Metro area.

Kansas is a good track, but the problem is that it should be only once on championship, not twice

also the way that NASCAR started doing 1.5s nonstop instead of make Bristol-like tracks ruined the competition on sport a bit

having the race on sunday

Sundays are for God, guns, beer, burgers and race cars

Nascar Driver check out youtube and watch my bristol 2002 crash. Really makes you wonder.

1st Rutledge post of 2018. Enjoy.

Report back when the Dawsonville Georgia Volunteer Fire Department doesn't bother to sound the horn when he actually wins one.

I am thinking in make NASCAR webms this year, what you guys think?

Jeffery Earnhardt, DiRedditto and Danica

What's up with all the butthurt?

Kansas isn't the problem, NASCAR abandoned their roots when they decided to stop racing at Rockingham and Wilkesboro then decided it would be a good idea to take a race from Darlington and give Autoclub a second race.

They took out unique tracks and added 4 cookie cutter snoozefest tacks. Now these tracks are in a mad scramble to reconfigure so they don't all race the same.

I want to know why they're making no attempt to race at Iowa or other tracks.

>why they're making no attempt to race at Iowa or other tracks.
The track joo's won't allow it.

It's like you think NASCAR is about racing instead of shekels. It's not.

Dubs chooses my drive

>dennis

very nice

i unironically agree with most of this even though it is bait

bowman will be a contender for wins right off the bat and byron will be up there too. they will both win before chase. i have a feeling byron might shock us all and win a whole bunch of races

>Cassill possibly in the HRE #16

It's Brett Moffitt

>No Dale Jr
>No Cassill
>No Kenseth
>Danica is a bitch now only using nascar and indy to whore her new books or whatever

We need a new miss Dale meme

>too many crew members over the wall to repair a car is now a 2 lap penalty instead of instant dq

>we never admit we are wrong until way after the fact

fuck all that stage racing noise. fuck all that damage clock nonsense

The best part of Bristol were the 75+ lap down rolling chicanes with no hoods or fenders desperate to pick up 1 or 2 more points. Those things used to make me laugh out loud every time
We'll never see that again

holy shit boys im so excited. i know we have the shortest off season to endure but i hate December and January. going to the vegas races in March. hope everyone else is excited to get racing again.

hope this faggot dies asap

Post concessions user.
Thanks.

is muh god poster still around?

pic related

Sunday, February 18 2:15 PM ET

I wish Chase was still in the #24 though. I've been a Gordon fan since I started watching NASCAR in '97. I hope this William Byron kid is good, and both him and Chase have successful careers, I'm also excited for Bowman. Weird how HMS was filled with guys who've been in the sport for a long time, and now it's the youngest team in NASCAR, minus Jimmie, and I don't think he'll be racing that much longer either.

I'm a lifelong Gordon fan, but it was about time for him to go. 2014 was pretty much the last legit shot he had at a championship. After that, I think he dropped off talent-wise. He was still competitive enough to get top 5's and 10's, but I don't think he was a serious contender anymore. It really showed when he came out of retirement to fill in for Jr.

But goddamn, that last win at Martinsville to make it to Homestead, where Matt Kenseth took out Joey Logano was fucking epic.

Kyle Larson, unless you don't like Chip Ganassi.

Byron has demonstrated that given good kit, he can achieve victories.
>57 total races in Xfin and Trucks
>11 victories

Meanwhile, Elliot has shown that he's pretty much marginal, at best, as he can't even close the deal despite having great kit.
>161 total races in all series
>7 victories

I don't know why people hate Pocono so much. Yeah, there's not as much passing, but it's such a unique track, and I actually like fuel mileage races.

I would fucking love this. Too bad NASCAR isn't that big here in Colorado, but I'm hoping with MTJ's championship, it will help popularize the sport here, but I haven't really seen much of a change, and I doubt it ever will happen. People are too into the Broncos to catch a Sunday afternoon race during football season.

Amen

There he is!

I don't mind Ganassi.
I think that's who I'll root for, keep hoping he actually tries the Indy 500.
Pocono's Indycar race was particularly good last year, but races somewhat similar to Indianapolis for them. Does the Cup racing there suffer from the same types of things that plague the Brickyard race?

>same types of things that plague the Brickyard race?
Nope.

Pocono is usually a pretty good race, despite what the whiners say. Indy is damn near always pure ass.

Unfortunately I think you're right. I've been following him since he first got into the Xfinity series and he looked good when he won his championship. He hasn't looked quite as good since then. I'm thinking that's why Rick "allowed" him to drive the #9 car and put Byron in the #24. Either way, I'm pretty excited for this team. Nice to see some new blood, and hopefully the #24 in victory lane and winning championships one day.

Kyle Larson has a lot of talent, it's just that CGR has been kind of shit until last year, but he's been tearing it up last year, and unless CGR has dropped back in performance, he's going to be a contender for the championship, and he's got a great chance of winning the Daytona 500. He reminds me a lot of Tony Stewart, just a very versatile driver, both grew up driving on dirt tracks. I have no doubts that he would do well if given the chance to run one of Chip's cars in the Indy 500.

Jamie McMurray in the #1 also drives for Chip. He's not as talented, but he's been for pretty much his whole career, except for 4 seasons when he was with Jack Roush. Despite never really being a championship contender or not winning many races, he's managed to win some big races. He's won the Both Daytona races (the 500 and Pepsi 400), The Brickyard 400, and the Coke 600 in Charlotte (the race that is ran the same weekend as the Indy 500), In fact he won the Coke 600 in just his second race of his career, while he was filling in for a driver who got injured a few races earlier.

>CGR has been kind of shit until last year
I wonder why.

It's almost as if he doesn't really care about his NASCAR teams.