Is this worth watching?

Is this worth watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=831686
nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=1_37&term=neon genesis evangelion&sort=4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, but watch the series first.

Prepare to be butthurt. Even the fanboys rage over this one.

Nope

anime is for faggots

Is the SERIES worth watching?

don't act like you don't have time to watch it

I never did.

then what are you waiting for? Go watch it.

I watched it all for the first time last week, worth it for sure. 1-26 then EoE

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=831686

Do you think what you're doing is going unnoticed, ********?

Just make sure you don't want to with any family members present because in the first like 5 minutes has a masturbation scene.

Absolutely, even if you dont buy the 2deep4u themes, it's just a really good series.

btw if you haven't seen the directors cuts of 21-24, you haven't seen evangelion

I marathoned it all in one day expecting answers by the end of it. Got none.

I thought the series was meh and bored the fuck out of me half the time. Sometimes it was good. Most of the time it was a snorefest.

The movie though. Oh dear god the movie.

Everything was worth it just for TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWNNNNNNN

I downloaded a batch with both the original and the director's cut versions, which one should I watch? I dont want to miss out on the epic congratulations meme.

They both have the same ending, the director's cuts just have a few scenes in the antarctic IIRC

Alright, so do any of you guys have a torrent you could give me? Or someplace I could watch it?

>2017
>not knowing where to torrent

To this day I don't know if this was a series warning against the dangers of globalism or a drug fueled fever dream thought up by an aging Japanese man.

It's better when you are younger, but yeah.

Watch the series first, the movie goes at the end.

Well I don't usually watch Chinese cartoons so...

just this once
nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=1_37&term=neon genesis evangelion&sort=4

It's one of the best renditions of an existential crisis I've seen in movies. It's not subtle at all though, and were people to say its ham-fisted I could see where they're coming from. I still really like it and think it was done with a lot of passion

Thank you, kind user.

Did you watch shin godzilla if so,you watched the live action remake.

Original endis is the GOAT, the film's ending itself is worse but the buildup is better IMO.

L O W I Q
O
W

I
Q

It makes more sense if you consider it auteur film making.

And the auteur thought "what do I have to do to make sure I'm never going to be pressured to do a sequel?".

one thing that I find funny is that Anno set the series up so that Asuka as the "girl"; Rei isn't really a romantic option. So that Asuka's rejection of Shinji and his whole existence is supposed to be really devastating. Yet it's lost on so many of the viewers because they liked Rei more

He may have set up Asuka as the girl but also clearly showed Shinji to be interested in Rei beyond the friendship level.

that other user didn't tell you so I will: get the ones marked Sephirotic, faggot

Japanese anime breaks my heart anyway.

Although few believe in it specifically, Freudian ideas about the subconscious are part of western culture. We have a feel for things being repressed etc. and we look at our own actions and creations in that way and sometimes censor them for that reason.

This never reached Japan.

Consequently every science fiction they produce is endlessly about being nuked or ways to avoid being nuked. So the skyscrapers retract into the geofront and everyone is safe. I even saw an anime (don't know the name) where they had equipped the Japanese islands with motors and could move them out of the way.

Theres just something about how forlorn this is that gets to me, endlessly replaying it and inventing a different outcome where they are saved by technology.

>downloading shitty multilanguage batches when you just want jap audio with english subtitles

No.