/who/ Doctor Who General

Binro Appreciation Edition

Last Thread: Currently Streaming The Androids of Tara

cytu be/r/casualwhostream

Other urls found in this thread:

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/BEONW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dont leave the stream after Androids of Tara.

Some FAN KINO is coming.

>it's a stream chat is comfy but /who/ is dead episode

fankino is 10 mins

FAN KINO TIME

Yes, but I can't find it anywhere now.

That guy looks like a troll who wants a boysoul

Дoктop Ктo

Fedora Doctor vs Hat Doctor when

WE ARE WATCHING NTC PICTURES NATHAN WHO IN HERE

From Gallifrey Base:

>Chibnall era things I've heard today (can't tell you my source though, obviously):

> "new Doctor cast, contracts signed."

> "Chibnall is massively motivated to get ''Doctor Who'' back at the top of the agenda at the BBC - he's a great guy, good natured BUT a massive powerhouse and not to be taken lightly (Julie Gardner in man-Drag if you will...). He wants to get everything perfect and that includes merchandising, foreign territory deal and funding."

>"there has been a (good-natured) stand off as regards transmission slot and dates. From all account though, S11 is set to [start shooting] later this year, possibly at the end of 3rd quarter or into the 4th quarter ([though this is] NOT ideal for location filming in the UK.)"

>- "The (slight) hold-up has been that a senior member of Chibnall's team was not available as early as was anticipated, so instead of kicking off without his whole team in place a very slight backward adjustment was made to the production calendar - no big deal, it happens all the time"

>"Chibnall is looking for a 'tone' similar to mid-late Tennant but with a massive shot of originality."

>"budget schedules (for S11 and S12) have been created to allow a much wider amortisation of costs to allow 'cheaper' stories pay the way for much more expensive ones without the former actually looking cheap - they've also managed to get one of THE best senior accountants at the Beeb to pave the way here so it should all work pretty well."

YES. FUCKING YES.
I'M HYPED. IT'S GOING TO BE GREAT.

This stream is amazing

So it's RTD lite.

That's nice if it's true but "massive shot of originality" is such bullshit hype speak. In what way is it going to be "original"? What will he innovate?

>"Chibnall is looking for a 'tone' similar to mid-late Tennant
confirmed shit then
dropped

>anyone getting hyped over this
Please remember it's still Chibnall, the man who has never written an episode above a 6.5.

Chibnall grabbing the beebs by the balls and saying ''look here yas fucks, you either give this show more funding and attention or I'll get my boy RTD to rape you in your sleep''

>not liking series 3 and 4

>implying Chibnall will write every single episode

>>"Chibnall is looking for a 'tone' similar to mid-late Tennant but with a massive shot of originality."
What does this even mean? "We want it to be massively original, but also similar to something else."

Who is this Richard Rankin fella people think will be the next Doctor? As much as I like Scottish Doctors, would have hoped for an Irish or Welsh one this time around if it is the case.

stream is still fun btw

>"Chibnall is looking for a 'tone' similar to mid-late Tennant

What does this even mean? What exactly was the tone of series 3 and 4?

MARTHAAAAAAAHHHHHH

DONNAAAAAAAAHHHH

I fucking HEARD it, holy shit

GEDDOUTTATHERE!!!!

--10th Doctor

Shit, read these both in his voice.

Ten was a fucking caricature wasn't he.

WEEEEL

I want him to bend me over the TARDIS console and fuck me raw.

>Edge_Lord
You wouldn't happen to be French, would you?

Yeah it is

ALONSYYYYY-AH

No but I'm Canadian and we're forced to take french classes.

...All I can remember is how to say 'chips' (It's 'croustilles')

croustilles?

Oui oui, poisson et frites, Docteur?

watching wedding of sarah jane smith in stream

>croustilles
kek that's quebecan French.

In actual French, it's "frites".

You're confusing fries with potato chips, user.

Then it's "chips" like in English.

"Croustilles" does not exist in european French.

It's all the same language, we call potato chips just 'chips' in Canada. Hence I referred to chips as croustilles. Sheesh, ya language nazi.

I just cannot stop thinking about the user whose ex-boyfriend pretended to be tennant in bed

That would be me

"cum on my face, doctor"
*the doctor points his penis at her face, teeth gritted, breathing heavily*
*he suddenly puts his penis back in his pants*
*she stares at him confused*
"I NEVER WOULD"

kek

>MFW I'VE REALLY SAID 'CUM ON MY FACE DOCTOR' ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS.

This show has ruined my fucking life.

there's something I need to know if you don't mind
are you a girl or a dude
because it's a lot hotter if it's the latter

>"Chibnall is massively motivated to get ''Doctor Who'' back at the top of the agenda at the BBC
>"Chibnall is looking for a 'tone' similar to mid-late Tennant but with a massive shot of originality."
>they've also managed to get one of THE best senior accountants at the Beeb
Looks like ratings are back on the menu, boys

>/who/ likes RTD's tone now
what happened?

Now hold on, /who/ is not a hivemind, I did not sign up to be included in this

The RTD chads returned.

I'm not even sure how I would define RTD's "tone", or how it differs from Moffat's, but you can't deny the show was at peak popularity during his era. I'm not even a Tennant or RTD fan, but the idea of the show being that massive again is very appealing.

Reminder that there's no "the BBC" anymore, there's BBC Studios, a private company that will almost surely care more about international sales than BARB viewing figures.

Moffarks have been definitively overthrown with the official announcement of Simm's return, this is RTD territory now my friend

Why does popularity matter exactly? Moff wrote higher quality stories that weren't as palatable to the masses. High ratings means appealing to the lowest common denominator.

FTM

>(So...Both? I'm a dude with a frontbutt. Wasn't on HRT or had come out yet because this was like, back in 2013. I was still a qt girl at the time.)

This day was the day upon which the whole of /who/ would change forever. This was the day the RTD chads returned. FOR RUSSELL!

You say that but there was the whole "Congrats on pissing off a new user, I guess" moment

Simm's master is poorly written and is only liked because of Simm's performance
Moffat is the first chance for Simm's acting ability to be put to good use
prove me wrong (you can't)

>Moff wrote higher quality stories

Nice try moffcuck

Hopefully Moff writes him with an actual motivation beyond "THE DRUMS MAKE ME CRAZY"

Name a single episode written by RTD that is GOAT tier

I'd always pick quality over popularity, but personally I don't find Moffat's era to be of higher quality than RTD's. They're in the same league.

Much more fun to have a hugely successful show with multiple spin-offs and not great writing than it is to just have a regular show with not great writing.

Midnight

Name a single post-RTD era Moffat episode that is SHEEP tier (impossible mode: no Heaven Sent)

Midnight.

>but the idea of the show being that massive again

Won't happen.

The Day of the Doctor
Heaven Sent

Yeah, I know it'll probably never happen ever again (Until the next time it's cancelled and rebooted, perhaps) but it's still promising to think that that's where Chibnall's mindset is at

>no don't name the objective correct answer that doesn't count

Hell Bent

Smith and Jones
Midnight
Utopia
Turn Left (arguably)
I think Partners in Crime is great
Dalek
S1 finale?

So you agree that Moffat's only written one great episode in his own era?

SHEEP can only belong to a single episode. That episode is Heaven Sent

I guarantee Chibnall's mindset is about how to speed up the overseas expansion, not how to revive the UK ratings.

Because if he wants more money for the show, adding another 10% to the 80M overseas viewers is worth a lot more than adding another 10% to the 8M domestic viewers.

Especially since they get to make extra money like Moffat's Amazon deal by hyping up Americans.

tfw you completely forgot about 11 and thought of moff's era as starting with capaldi

11 is not canon

Dalek is by Robert Shearman.

Listen >>> Heaven Sent

>SHEEP can only belong to a single episode
That doesn't sound right, but I don't know enough about SHEEPs to dispute it...

>SHEEP can only belong to a single episode.
No, you're thinking of GOAT.

SHEEP = so honking excellent everyone pleased.

>tfw 11 used to be my favourite and now I don't give a fuck about him

>everyone pleased
literally impossible
what a shit ranking

You are right, sorry

>literally impossible
Except with Heaven Sent.

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/BEONW

not everyone likes heaven sent though
they're plebs but the point still remains that pleasing everyone is not possible

Capaldi is what's known as The Second Moff Era, alternatively The Moffchin era, where the spectre of rotating co-execs and other catastrophes was ERASED in favour of a smoother ride.

>The Sheakspear Code
what's the joke here, I don't get it

>The Lie of the Land
???

How do we know who their best accountants are?

OFFICIAL MOFFAT SKIP GUIDE

Watch Series 5
Skip to Day Of The Doctor
Continue from there.

>what's the joke here, I don't get it
It's a Gareth episode and whoever put that in can't spell.

The second one is one of the upcoming S10 episodes, I don't know why they put that in really. Don't hype

>to allow 'cheaper' stories pay the way for much more expensive ones without the former actually looking cheap

what a bunch of baloney

Ok /who/ thanks to edge I need to know. Worst doctor who related things to say in bed.

Not the mind probe.

detonate the reality bomb

Oh my giddy aunt!

There should of been another way.