en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012–13_NFL_playoffs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013–14_NFL_playoffs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014–15_NFL_playoffs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015–16_NFL_playoffs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016–17_NFL_playoffs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sorry wrong pic

what the fuck even is a ‘system baby’

It’s when you lead a team to a 12-2 start and then your backup wins you a Superb Owl

what was this system last year?

still dont get it, i think youre trying to convey that its a memephrase

t. Person who never watched Wentz play

>people call Brady a system babby because his backup QB went 11-5 and missed playoffs
>Wentz's backup literally won him a Super Bowl

Files also had a near flawless season as a starter and three 7 tds in a game. Could it possibly be that both are good qbs. Btw it's obvious from watching Wentz that he's far from a system baby, if that's even a thing.

Matt Cassell was a system babby

The style they play and coach does all the work. You can interchange anyone with literal whos and be successful

T. Wentz aka system babby

Nick foles is twice the man you’ll ever be Carson

>playing a certain style and being coached correctly makes you a system baby
so its a memephrase

CHIPPED
Basically a player who's team is so well assembled and effectively built for him (which mind you, is the point of a team) that it makes the player in question look like a god despite not necessarily being any more talented than the players around him. The problem is that it's a chicken vs egg debate. Was the elite receiving core under Air Coryell what made Dan Fouts or did Dan Fouts make his receivers elite? Was Bradshaw the player of those Steelers squads or did the defense, receiving core and his center's football IQ so good that you your I could win a superbowl? Were Reed and Tunell so dangerous that it made dealing with those defensive lines/LBs worth it, or did the leadership of Lewis and Huff respectively make deep plays easy picking?

Reed was legit the generational talent of safety's though. The early 2000's Ravens Defence ranks among the greats like the Purple People Eaters and Steel Curtain.

The sheer talent across the board in that defense is impossible to understate.

Someone like Brady though has been a systembabby entirely. See the fact that with a backup in place the Pats went 11-5. Brady is good, sure, but he's not a transcendent talent ala Aaron Rodgers, who pretty much carries the entire packers organization on his back.

>We only lost because your entire team is good, Eagles. Not because of your QB

>with Brady pats go to 8 owls
>without Brady they don’t even make the playoffs
>somehow this makes Brady a system babby

Retards like you will forever prove your own ignorance as long as you keep using the Matt Castle season as proof when it literally proves the opposite of what you claim.

Well it’s true. The eagles had a good team of above average players while the pats had a shitty team with two godlike players

>go 11-5
>barely didn't make the playoffs cause Miami was suddenly good
if Brady wasn't a system baby they would gone something like 8-8 with Cassel

>go 11-5
>with the best coach in football history
>in the weakest division in football history

Wew

they went 10-6 with Brady in 2005 and 2009

They fucking went 18-1 the season before and blew the doorframes off almost all of their opponents the season before. Cassel inherted the keys to a Ferrari and made it look like a Mustang

yeah and even with Cassel being a bum they still went 11-5 which is a good season

And they also went to 8 Super Bowls with Brady. Remind me how far they go into the playoffs with cassel?

Not in the afc east. Please watch football before commenting

>implying one season is enough to see what would happen
Brady's 1st season as the definitive starter they went 9-7
the fuck are you talking about? for the other 3 teams in the AFC East a 9-7 season is a good season, 11-5 is beyong good

Lmao the afc East is the worst division in NFL history.

The patriots have gone 12-4 or better in the last EIGHT SEASONS STRAIGHT

Anything less than that in their division is an embarrassment. Like I said, you know nothing about football and now your actually trying to claim the bills/dolphins/jets as good holy shit talk about sticking up for eternal losers.

are you stupid?
most games are played outside of the division and most of the Pats losses in 2008 were outside the division

8 Owls because they get a free ticket to the 2nd round of the playoffs. They should have gone to atleast 12if Brady was actually a Godlike QB

They went 10-6 the next year when Brady came back and got blown out by the Ravens in the first round. What's your point?

They had to change the entire offense for Nick Foles. I love Nick Foles but look at some Wentz highlights this season, the dude is a monster can scramble around the pocket and throw bombs.

The point is that the patriots success isn’t measured by regular season records, as their extremely weak division renders that stat useless. The measure of the patriots success is how far they get in the playoffs. Remind me again, how far did Matt cassel get in the playoffs?

See If anything the Cassel Run (I want to type kessel run) proves without a shadow of doubt that Brady is the babby of all system babbys.

EIGHT STRAIGHT SEASONS 12-4 OR BETTER DEAL WITH IT LEAF

>pats with Brady = 8 owl appearances
>pats with cassel = can’t even make the playoffs in the weakest division in the league

Wow such system

Again, Bradys first year as Starter they went 9-7. Cassel got unlucky and the Dolphins were good.
A literal who, with very little knowledge of the playbook, went 11-5 with the Patriots.

Brady is a systembabby

And again, Brady has gone 12-4 or better in his last 8 straight seasons.

Cassel didn’t even make the playoffs. Some system you got there

And again, Brady went 10-6 the year after Cassel went 11-5

And again, Brady went 12-4 or better for the next 8 straight seasons

I’m still waiting for you to tell me how far Matt got in his playoff run, because Brady went all the way to the owl 8 times.

Brady the year after Matt got just as far.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009–10_NFL_playoffs

Out the door in the first round.

t. Seething boston cuck

When Tom Brady was suspended they were even winning games with their 3rd string QB. Tom Brady is a great player but other star players never had a defense or a great coach like bellichick (Manning, Rodgers).

>I’m still waiting for you to tell me how far Matt got in his playoff run, because Brady went all the way to the owl 8 times.
Tuck Rule, Spygate, etc. Also Brady lost twice to Eli Manning and now to another backup quarterback. Barely beat Seattle cause of horrible play calling and while I give him the utmost credit for leading his team back against Atlanta, the Falcons DID choke, all they had to do was run the ball.

And the 8 years after the recovery year from a torn ACL? Care to tell me the records?

>patriots in the last 8 years
>good defense

Stop commenting any time now. All you can offer up is excuses for Brady’s goatness.

>hey look another wide open receiver that a 3rd grader could throw to
>Brady obviously completes the throw
>OH MY GOD BRADY IS DA GOAT

>ranked 8th in defence
>bad

>lose argument because you rely on your womanly emotions instead of stats
>butthurt reply is all you can give

Typical leaf, go burn down a city again when you lose at your own sport for the 40th year in a row.

>ranked anything other than top 3
>good

Lmao people actually think Chicago had a good defense this year holy shit the delusion

>eagles ranked 4th best defense this year
>give up 33 points in the owl

Embarrassing

>bend dont break.

so only the Vikes, Jags, and Broncos had good defenses this year?

>bend don't break
>allowed FORTY ONE points in the Owl to a SECOND STRING QB
I think that's breaking

>reply with the same nonsense thing
>claim you win arguement
Is it boston autism?

So what? Nick Foles defense broke as well, had to win a shootout with the "GOAT TOM BRADY" and that's exactly what he did. Brady "the goat" had two chances to win the game and he didn't. Had open receivers the whole game as well and all day to throw in the pocket the entire game. The goat couldn't possibly lose to a backup QB to a shootout in the SB right?????

the defense only breaks when you lose
and the Eagles defense probably won the game with that strip sack

Got a bye week and then lost to the fucking JETS the year after: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010–11_NFL_playoffs

Lost to the Giants: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011–12_NFL_playoffs

Bye week again and had their wildcard game against the fucking TEXANS, got trounced by Flacco:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012–13_NFL_playoffs

Hey, actually had a semi-difficult opponent in the Colts, then got demolished by the Broncos. The Broncos then got absolutely raped by Seattle:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013–14_NFL_playoffs

Barely beat Baltimore then incinerate the trashfire of Indianapolis without Manning
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014–15_NFL_playoffs

Bailed out by the kicker against Kansas City, then booted out by the Broncos, again:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015–16_NFL_playoffs

We all know how this one ended, but once again you were facing the Texans first round:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016–17_NFL_playoffs

Really the only reason NE is even a contender is half the AFC is a dumpster fire, a quarter of it is mediocre at best, and then there's four teams that are relevant. NE lucks out with their division being usually a trash heap, and then a 50/50 chance of getting to bully the team from the other trash division.

and the point was that Belichick can made defensive adjustments better than anyone else. His defense struggles a lot with the RPO offense which is why they got obliterated so this year it didn't work our for them. But literally everyone in the NFL emphasize how well Belichick is able to adjust defensively, taking away offensive weapons and schemes.

Did you even watch the super bowl

They were Swiss cheese, a backup quarterback bent that defense over and had his way with them for 60 straight minutes. They let the fucking jaguars put up 30 on them.

The Pats had an interception, why didnt that win the game?

Remind me how many rings does Brady have again?

How many rings does Matt cassel have?

Oh right, you’re full of shit and can’t handle the goat

Lol dude. Tom Brady lost a shootout to Nick Foles it's simple. Nick Foles defense was ass too but he continued to make plays. Brady should've thrown the ball quicker, this is not the first time this has happened on a "magical brady 4th quarter drive" it's just that the refs didn't bail them out this time (tuck rule).

The biggest play of the game was made by an eagles defender.

The Eagles defense was also swiss cheese. Tom Brady threw 500 yards on them and they got no pressure on him till literally one play. The point is that in general throughout his tenure, Bill has made defensive adjustments better than anyone else, unlike other Quarterbacks like Manning who have had a shitty defense his whole life.

>had an INT
>early in the game
>on their own like 10
yeah a real game changer
without that strip sack he probably drives down the field since neither defense was doing much all game

>eagles defense was ass
>made the biggest play of the game which sealed their victory

Such ass

Cassel has 3.

Bill made no adjustments against the eagles. The pats D got raped by a backup for 60 straight minutes without pause.

At least the eagles D made a stop on Brady’s last drive and not just a stop, they took the ball from him.

>without that strip sack he probably drives down the field since neither defense was doing much all game
and without a Malcolm Bulter interception and Pete Caroll's horrible playcalling Seattle would have won. Your point?

Let a 40 year old QB have the best postseason passing performance on the SB, but one turnover completely overlooks that? The Pats forced a major turnover early in the game as well.

Brady wins again

49 had actual defense played the entire game
Really I dont know why everybody thinks Pete Caroll's call to throw there was such a bad idea
>BUT HE HAD MARSHAWN LYNCH user
so? Butler made a very good read and it paid off, it wasn't Caroll's fault

>the pats forced

LLOOOOOLLLLL

They were gifted a turnover by the receiver in the 2nd quarter and still has to drive 90 yards to get anything out of it.

The eagles D forced a turnover on their last drive, on the pats 20 yard line, the game was 100% over after that play.

> The point is that in general throughout his tenure, Bill has made defensive adjustments better than anyone else
>His defense struggles a lot with the RPO offense which is why they got obliterated so this year it didn't work our for them

Do you even read? Also don't forget that Doug Pederson had to literally call the game of his life to win that game, converting on 4th down. Eagles went 3 and out on a couple of drives, it was the offensive playcalling that made the difference.

Post Season, adjusting for everything, Brady isn't actually that great when he has to play solid teams (Exception being the '11 Giants and '09 Jets) in either the playoffs or the regular season. The Browns, the fucking BROWNS nearly beat the pats this season.

Pete Carroll only proved that analytics are not to be trusted, as that was his excuse when asked why he didn’t run the ball

>the analytics show through the season, in this situation, a slant pass is the most effective play

Never ever trust analytics.

>Brady hasn’t played great teams
>the Seahawks didn’t have one of the best defenses of all time
>the falcons didn’t have one of the best offenses of all time
>all these excuses for why a single man has more rings than your entire franchise

it was forced... it was good coverage on jeffrey which led to a deflection which led to a turnover. I can't believe we're now getting into semantics about turnovers, the point is that the Eagles and Patriots defense each had 1 turnover.

>The eagles D forced a turnover on their last drive, on the pats 20 yard line, the game was 100% over after that play.
Brady defeated Atlanta by scoring a td and making the extra point in the last minutes of the game. He's done it before and I expect nothing less from the "goat"

When that happened he got all the credit, but no credit to the Patriots to defense who stopped Atlanta and the reining MVP from scoring entirely basically in the second half.

Yes coaches generally do have to call the game of their life to win the owl. Players still have to go out and execute.

Can you tell me how many times the patriots D executed well enough to force a punt? Please explain how bill belichick, master of adjustments couldn’t adjust to a backup qb shredding his #8 defense

More like never fucking trust the Holmgren Slant.

Seattle has been running that fucking play since my great great great grandpappy was in high school in 1997.

Doesn't this in effect go to show that Wentz is extremely overrated and isn't actually the elite QB people thought he was?
It kinda shakes up the chance of a dynasty for the Eagles, since it just happened to be an extremely well put together team this year, and it just takes a couple years for that to change unlike a QB that can make a team great for over a decade

Once more.
>The point is that in general throughout his tenure, Bill has made defensive adjustments better than anyone else

I already said that he got out coach this game no other way around it. His defense got shredded against the RPO the entire season, But like I said also, it took literally Doug Pederson to call one of the best offensive games in SUPER BOWL HISTORY in order to win. If you re-watch the game, you can see Eagles went 3 and out on a couple of drives but they kept converting on 4th down. Even Doug Pederson said that's what it took to beat New England, Doug simply called a better game by sticking to his guns and staying aggressive. He literally said he knew he needed to keep scoring especially that TD before the half because Brady was demolishing the Eagles D.

But in general, former and current NFL players and coaches literally go on monologues about how you have to play New England differently because they always take away your #1 option and what you like to do offensively. That cannot be said about any other coach.

I have to deal with the Ed Thorpe curse, the '09 Attempted Homicide by the Saints on Farve, the Hail Mary, every NFC game since the 70's being a painful defeat in some manner for us, an actually competitive division and conference, and a string of mediocre to 'Why is this faggot on the field' quarterbacks since the 70's.

No, it really doesn't because Wentz is still young and performed some fantastic plays in the time he was healthy. Foles proved that he can play on the NFL level (again) and that the Eagles have a load of options on offense Wentz can and has been exploiting effectively.

Wentz might be a systembabby but we won't be able to tell quite yet, it's still early in his career.

Not gonna sit here and tell you Wentz doesn't prosper from having an all around good team. But nontheless, dude can scramble around the pocket and throw bombs, his deep ball is great, he's fast, smart, and strong. He's not just a system baby, you can put him on a mediocre team and he would still do good, and don't forget this is just his second year.

The Vikings would kill for Wentz. We're basically the iggles but cursed and without any stand out offensive prospects for the next few years. This feels like when we had Chris Carter and Randy Moss all over again.

I don't know. If Wentz can get two rings in the next 5 years sure (two because Foles is easily worth a 1st rounder or other great trade, so Eagles will retain their great form at least a couple more years), but I have my doubts.
Against the Patriots and Vikings even Foles looked on the level of Wentz, which makes me doubt Wentz more than anything.

Fellow Vikes fan here.
Best two options are trying to keep Keenum (since he'll so feel pressured to stay, but the Vikes still need to give him a good franchise offer) or make a trade for Foles.
Bradford and Bridgewater have failed to make a good showing. Keenum needs work but he showed a lot of potential this year.

The thing about Bradford is he's a very solid backup and if it wasn't for injury issues he'd be a starter tier for most teams. He had some excellent passing games with Minnesota as a starter.

Bridgewater is one of those cases of 'Career ruined by injury' and it's really fucking sad. He got injured right at the point most crucial for a quarterback to develop.

Take into consideration that the whole offense was changed to RPO in order to revolve around Nick Foles and Patriots were literally the worst defense defending it the entire season.

Also Vikings defense was highly overrated, played in a division with an injured Rodgers, bears, and got burned by Drew Brees. They're gonna be better next year, viking fans should be happy for their future.

Bradford will stay if he's willing to take backup pay. I just doubt he is, but maybe if Keenum falls through he'll compromise for a 3 or 5 year contract while the Vikes use their first round for a rookie QB.

>Bridgewater is one of those cases of 'Career ruined by injury' and it's really fucking sad. He got injured right at the point most crucial for a quarterback to develop.
Iggles fan here. Really hope Teddy comes back and dominates. Dude was throwing 31tds with 4ints before he got injured.

It's almost like it's a meme, user.

I am excited for the future. Zimmer has shown consistent growth for the Vikings, only somewhat hampered by a year where our number one scoring option (Peterson) finally hit his wall.
I would say the Vikings defense is somewhat overrated, but when the division this year was weak they still held some of the best offenses in the league to the lowest scores they saw all season. Best defense in the league? Debatable, but top 5. Best pass defense? No question. The run defense is where they suffered.

No, it simply confirms how good of a QB Foles can be. Philly fans found that out first hand with the 27-2 season and 7 TD game. I don't really know why that was all ignored, he went to the Pro Bowl ffs.

Most QBs in the league aren't capable of doing this. Sudfeld wouldn't have been able to do this, for instance, at this point in his career. Most starting NFL QBs wouldn't either. The Eagles as an organization, even since Reid was here, has probably been the best in terms of shoring up backup QBs.

It's because the team has had a bad history of it and knows how you can shit up a good run with the starter going down ever since the days of Randall.

>Oh..is this the Nick Foles is garbage meme

It's 100% going to matter on what Bradford and Keenum decide. Of Keenum stays he's our starter, no question. If Keenum stays and Bradford takes backup pay, he'll be the backup.
If one of those falls through and Bridgewater takes backup pay he will stay as backup. If both fall through and Bridgewater takes backup pay he'll be given a "Ponder scenario" where he gets one more shot for a few games while the Vikings also draft a rookie QB in preparation of Bridgewater flopping again.

If the Vikings don't pick him up though he'll probably become a backup somewhere else, but chances are very slim of him starting next year unfortunately.

Eh, careful with the RPO meme. There were only 9 RPOs called from 63 offensives snaps in the Vikes game. It was probably something similar in this Pats game. Pederson's offense consists of much more than that.

No, people use "system baby" to trigger fanbases. I don't know why you're taking this entire thing so seriously, user.

Sam Bradford is ass. But I thought Vikings front office was still unclear whether they even wanted Keenum to start next year. Also hearing rumors that Kirk Cousins wants to go to Minnesota. I'm really interested to see how this works out

The Eagles, according to Pro Football Focus, ran more RPOs than any other team in the NFL in the 2017 season. Not saying the entire offense consist of it, but it's Nick Foles' bread and butter and the Eagles did utilize it efficiently.

I'm worried about next year because every time we hit the NFC game since the 70's we implode for the next half decade to decade.