What are some films similar to the Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

What are some films similar to the Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3

There are no films quite like it. To this day, it's the closest I've come to experiencing horror first hand. I don't think I want to come any closer.

i'm kinda spooked by how aesthetically fulfilling it is

True. Nothing like it. One of the very, very few horror masterpieces

Usually horror movies don't get to me, but Texas Chainsaw Massacre spooked the fuck out of me when I first saw it. The only other movies that legit unsettled me were The Babadook and Psycho.

>one of the few

What are the rest?

It's in my top 3 horrors along with the shining and suspiria

Oklahoma Machete Genocide

I'd say The Shining, Psycho, maybe Alien? The Thing? DOTD? I don't feel so strongly about The Exorcist, but many do

Alabama Hatchet Manslaughter

>Babadook

I honestly don't get why everyone loved this movie I found it underwhelming I mean yeah it's better then 99% of the shit hollywood puts out but still I don't get the hype

Dawn of the Dead is so overrated. Zombi 2 was better in my opinion.

Deranged, it has the Ed Gein angle like Psycho and Silence Of The labs

It aged quite horribly.

Fascinating performance from that guy I don't know the name. The alternative title is even better. Pity it wasn't so ambitious like his cousin TCM

Snyder's is a lot on this board. But the Romero film is not overrated nor aged a lot at all. What are you people on? It's better than ever while being definite fruit from its own time.

I enjoy some films that haven't aged very well but people in blue makeup are not scary to me at all. Even the hills have eyes is more unnerving today.

Also directed by Alan Ormsby

idk, man. that guy was pretty scary to me.

Horror movies don't have to be viscerally scary to be good though. That's silly.

Nightmare on Elm Street is a very basic Slasher, but also very important to the genre. It's certainly not in the same category as the ones you mentioned, but it's still good. It brought new fear to an audience.

The single most annoying song in film history is the stupid hippie/rock song which plays in the van, as the group interacts with the hitchhiker.

The banality of this stupid ditty is nicely juxtaposed with the disturbing and bloody self-mutilation which the hitchhiker inflicts upon himself during the scene.

Why is this franchise so shit? There are 2 good movies and one okay movie. Rest are garbage.

Wolf creek Wolf Creek 2 Joyride The Hitcher The Hills Have Eyes The Hills Have Eyes 2 and deliverance.

The first four are certainly passable, at least they all do something fresh. Other than that, they never had a real identity which is why it's less popular than Friday or NOES.

1,2, the remake, and beginning are all good. The rest are trash.

It's because it's one of those things that never needed to be a franchise to begin with. The first movie was all we ever needed. Although I will confess my love for the second one, which at least tried to be different.

Admittedly, it wasn't that good. 7/10 at best. It was just really god damn unsettling.

I know but im not psychologically affected by the zombie genre so I need something more.

I'd add The Wicker Man and The Witch.

Texas Gun Massacre

What do you mean with "similar"? Similar in what? Low budget? Tension? Atmosphere? Story?

1 and 2 are great and 3 is at least funny in all the ways it shouldn't be. The rest suck but that's pretty much no different from any other slasher series.

I love TCM II so much.

I mean, I love TCM, also, but TCM II just does a lot of great stuff and it didn't try to recreate the first: it went its own route but remained true.

Then III introduced the idea of a fuckhuge family and TCM never looked back.

Though, originally, Tobe was considering making TCM III about an entire town of cannibals.

Me too. The first one has been a favorite of mine for a long time and I only got around to the second one a couple weeks ago and it's amazing. That was one of the most fun horror movies I've seen.

>Tobe was considering making TCM III about an entire town of cannibals.
Sounds cool. I would've watched it.

The Boston Massacre.

Green Room captures the understated way in which violent acts are conducted casually, which none of the Texas Chainsaw sequels (and especially not the remakes) were able to portray