That ending

>that ending

why do they have to fuck with you like that???

just got back from the theatre

wtf was that even ? did Calvin get smart enough to override the escape pod flight plans ?

literally me too, i just got back.

>Calvin get smart enough to override the escape pod flight plans?

I dont remember clearly, it was chaotic, but i think the pods hit a bunch of shit and their paths changed. I dont think the thing had anything to do with it

oh.. well that sucks. it seems like Earth is pretty much fucked then, all Calvin has to do is latch on to a blue whale and...

you can't be that retarded to not foresee the ending when it was established that 1 would survive and 1 would die

I think he just stopped Jake from using the controls

thats bullshit, why do they have to traumatize us like that.

you know there was kids in that theater. And theyre gonna learn that hard work doesn't pay off.

also, maybe they can find a way to contain him inside something? seems wasnt strong enough to break out of rooms

so was it good? was it shit? given the meme casting, i want to say the latter, but what'd you guys think?

>you know there was kids in that theater. And theyre gonna learn that hard work doesn't pay off.

kids are better off learning that as early as possible tb h

it was rated R

you're also all using spoiler tags in a thread obviously about the movie

it wasnt good, but it wasn't absolute shit.

Worth watching if you like "space" movies

I predicted it and I'm not even smart. once i heard the escape plan it was obvious.

who was best villian ? and why was it Sho ?

pic related

at least he died early, the movie got pretty bearable after that.

It was especially obvious when they showed the escape pods spiraling all over the place and not showing which pod had who in it

i kinda got the hunch when they were making it all suspenseful when the chinese fisherman were taking their sweet as time to get to the lifepod.

so how big can calvin grow now that he can consume all organisms in the ocean?

Big enough to consume all life until Earth is like a second Mars

i would like to see that sequel

This movie would have been a good addition to the Legendary Monsterverse with that ending.

He could come back to fight Godzilla in the sequel

What could Godzilla do to win?

wear plot armor

blast his ass with atomic breath?

implying

Godzilla is literally unstoppable, the only thing that can kill him is the Oxygen Destroyer which could also destroy Calvin

Ah, I dont know much about Godzilla so I was genuinely curious

He wasn't that smart, Jake Gylenhaal had said earlier that he was hoping that he could distract Calvin long enough to get them into deep space, but in reality he sucked up all the oxygen and went for him before he could lay in a trajectory

Okay movie

That the thing had a face at the end was really off-putting. It's always absorbs organic material with its whole body so why does it need a face?

Also the way I understood the end is
That Kelvin stopped Gyllenhal from operating any controls so the autopilot (which was still on for some reason) flew the pod to earth? The other pod that was supposed to land on earth was hit by debris, damaging it and changing it's course so it would fly to space (what a fucking joke. how would a collision with something in front of you give you enough delta v to leave earth orbit?)

Worth watching if you like Jake Gylenhaal, he's hit his stride in the last few years and every film he's in he really gives it his all now, regardless of quality

>would a collision with something in front of you give you enough delta v to leave earth orbit?

I just realized this, thats bullshit. watching the girl scream off to her doom was sad

I was trying to google to remember what his face looked like, but all that comes up is this.

He was okay, certainly way better than he was in Everest though. I didn't even feel like I was watching Jake Gyllenhaal in that movie.

Flight plan listed Calvin, my men, Doctor Gyllenhal here, but only ONE of you

Can't comment on that one, I haven't seen it. How is his performance different?

WHO PAID YOU
TO GRAB THE OXYGEN TUBE?

LOTTA LOYALTY FOR A HIRED ASTRONAUT

mediocre as shit

He wasn't even the MC.
Cant believe he took the role. That movie would've happened exactly as it did with or without Jake

FIRST ONE TO TALK GETS TO STAY ON MY POD

god dammit i hate you people

Or perhaps he's wondering why you would burn a man before throwing him into space

The thrusters did that, the collision knocked her off course and the three functioning rockets did the real work. With Jakey boy he was going to pull up at an arc. No hand on the controls means no arc so gravity did the work.

What the FUCK was his problem?

He seemed to be cool until the black dude shocked him.

>First contact with alien life
>Blacks mess it up
What were they trying to say here?

Just commenting in case you didn't notice the 'system failure' screen on the woman's pod in addition to the thrusters on it firing sporadically.

this

the shock pissed him off, fucking black guy deserved to get his shit rocked.

Dindu nuffin'. Didn't hurt black guy alone until he was shocked. Didn't hurt ryan alone until he flamed him. Didn't hurt asian man until he blocked him in. Didn't hurt captain lady, was just after some sweet h20.