Why doesn't the West ever put artistic effort into their 2D animation despite having higher budget compared to the...

Why doesn't the West ever put artistic effort into their 2D animation despite having higher budget compared to the Japanese?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9XEQUxFrPOI
youtube.com/watch?v=wEKsTNv2ecs
youtu.be/AdhXqO-J-ZI
youtube.com/watch?v=Ussqi3nagrQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Show me a moving scene as an example not static backgrounds

because the gooks have nothing else going for them expect anime

i thought japs sent their stuff over to korea to draw?

what mongorian shadow puppet play?

Because cartoons are for undeveloped minds.

Animation is targeted at children in the west and children don't give a shit about animation quality. Frozen had dull, generic 3D animation and made an ungodly amount of money.6

>artistic effort
>anime
Pick one.

Why don't you ask on Sup Forums? Are you scared of redwood, Sup Forumsedditor?

because the west doesn't see animation as a form of art, they see it as a way of making money off of kids.

The West is busy making real movies.

show me a single well animated anime that can compare to disney or looney tunes of the 20th century

What the fuck did I just watch?

Because the current trends at Cal Arts have ruined western animation.

it was anime kino

>deleted

FUCKING MODS REEEEEE

As someone who watched about 600 shows by now and really read into japanese animation I can safely say that they got NOTHING on masterpieces like Disney or Looney Tunes in terms of sheer animation quality.

That said, japanese studios like Ghibli do tend to be willing to take more risks and use new techniques, making them somewhat more fresh and innovative. This of course doesn't count for your generic SoL moeblob shitfest.

What was wrong with 12 Angry men?

Nothing, the whole image is bait.

Bump caleb

What anime?

Because the west still, and always has, mostly seen cartoons and animation as for children. Every time someone tries to make a slightly more than PG rated, non forced comedy cartoon, parents take their kids to see it and throw fits and complain about it.

>looney tunes
>quality

really flips your pages

Because nips care more about animation than live action while the west is the opposite.

like capeshit and terrible star wars remakes?

Goes to show how little you actually know about animation. Chuck Jones is a genius.

They are more creative, and unless you have Disney money japanese techniques work better than western

no like real cinema and art

>when this came out, people complained that it wasn't friendly enough for kids

easterners = takes pride in their work, not in it for the retirement
westerners= cheap, easy and lazy work and looks forward to a happy retirement

The word sees a lot of misuse these days but you guys really are a bunch of ignorant weebs.

And the east sees it as a way to make money off men who think like kids

but then again you don't actually watch real cinema just capeshit and flavor of the month meme shows so you wouldn't understand :^)

The boondocks was an anime looking show made by americans and it constantly ran into budget problems and deadline problems. Too expensive.

Then metalocalypse, that heavy metal cartoon on adult swin cartoon network, also had a really good amount of detail and good animation and it was cancelled due to budget problems.

Spawns award winning hbo cartoon show (which had quality closed to anime )
Was cancelled due to.... yep, budget issues...

Seems like it is too expensive or too hard to create great quality cartoon except if disney is making it

>when a show for stoners on at 2am has better animation than any anime in existence

youtube.com/watch?v=9XEQUxFrPOI

here ya go OP, made this webm special, just for you

Anime exists because nips tried to find a way to replicate Disney cheaply

Western cartoons are either shit, ungodly expensive, or very limited in artstyle

Me Me Me, an animation about the downfalls of otaku culture and hikikomori ways

What is OP from?

Violet Evergarden

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>implying

Go back to your containment board

Nips were animating long before Disney.

youtube.com/watch?v=wEKsTNv2ecs
Superior Nippon animation and capekino coming right through

Source?

'no'

They abandoned it after Princess and the Frog in favour of this ugly 3d shit. Considering how financially successful the 3D films have been in comparison, its unlikely they will return to 2D.

Thanks, famillia

making art vs making money

is outstanding that hollywood flicks have any artistic value at all, since they're all directed by a comitee of jews, and approved by a group of the most pleb audience possible

goddamn dem titties are huuuuge

Anime is as commercialized as Hollywood if not more.
> censored nudity so people will buy BDs
>manga, light novel, Mobile games based on anime
>derivative garbage produced all the time
Something like Samurai Jack shits on nearly all anime shows

>Samurai Jack
That's an odd one to name, considering that it's the same flat, computer-animated style that is current in anime.

youtu.be/AdhXqO-J-ZI

>mong
Technically the Mongolian element is both Asian and Slavic. It's important to remember that the Japanese are essentially Manchurian (blood type A, not AB). The Mongols never had an interest in art, whereas the Manchurians were different.
>History 101

>Manchurian
>Mongol

>Manchurian
>Mongol
Now everyone gets it.

the latest croc of shit from kyoanus

Hideaki Anno is a God among nips.

A good 99% of Japanese animation is made in South Korea by literal slaves and with next to zero budget.

They waste a lot of the money in the voice actors wich for some reason need to be famous

Redline

>tfw you liked kyoani until you watched over 6 of their shows and realize how samey all their shows are
The Disappearance of Haruhi is still great though

Samurai Jack is ugly flash garbage

For a Slavic Mongolian, art is visualized propaganda and the actors are simply a link within that chain. There is an admirable utility to this but it hasn't produced memorable results. It's possible that Chinese Mongolians think along this same 'cut and paste' line, but this illustrates that the Chinese and Japanese are not the same people.

Honestly outside of a few exceptions anime is heavily eclipsed in terms of animation.

There seems to be a lot of confusion from weeaboos that if the animated feature isn't for some reason trying to emulate real life (boring) with it's static art (which isn't animation) that somehow it's of lesser quality.

Putting aside the fact that most of the supposed "good" animation is centered around boring ideas (muh power levels, muh lasers), a lot of it is rotoscoped to some degree and then beyond that it's not generally animated for each frame, but rather on every other frame. A lot of the background work does make up for that in terms of overall visual richness but mostly anime tends to be boring in terms of the actual animation.

I'm going to use a bit of an unfair example, but webm related is something that anime can -rarely- achieve on a level of pure animation quality and creativity.

Is there more? Whats this from?

No passion, western animators are just in it for a paycheck.

A short that aired on AS called scavengers.

Yup, anime creators are so passionate that all you can show are the same few gifs every time and most of them are from shows from the 80s and 90s. What a great artistic medium.

Oh, and this is hardly impressive if you compare it to Disney.

>90% of shot is static
>animation still manages to be choppy

but hey at least you have >muh details even though those aren't fucking animation you dumb autist

>all you can show are the same few gifs every time and most of them are from shows from the 80s and 90s

>Oh, and this is hardly impressive if you compare it to Disney.

When was the last time Disney released a non CG movie again?

its a meme, you dip

Kizumonogatari's animations were great

Uhmm, excuse me?

It's irrelevant. Disney's 3d films are still good. You 2d autists are completely retarded.
>muh pure 2d
Meanwhile anime looks like barely moving shit with some atrocious attempts at introducing 3d.

>Disney's 3d films are still good

The heads of companies in Japan tend to be people who started working for it and earned their way up.

In the West it's literally nepotism and rich business people who only care about squeezing pennies.

And they still produce better and more mature shows than Japanese manchildren. Really makes you think.

>budget
jap animators are pretty much slaves so after awhile they get better and still cheap as hell

what is this from?

patlabor 2

Not really imo, I can only name a handful of decent western cartoons (Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, Rick and Morty) but there are way more anime out there that are just as decent or even better:
-PSG
-TTGL
-Ping Pong
-Madoka
-NGE
-Gunbuster
-FLCL
-Steins;Gate
-Bakemonogatari
-Code Geass
-Space Dandy

I have never seen a western animated film that's better than perfect Blue.

I've also never seen a western cartoon that's better than Kaiba.

>Steven Universe
what?? This sucks!

>More frames per second therefore it's betterer!

No. Even Thief and the Cobbler displays the biggest recurrent issue with Western animation, which is weak fundamental knowledge of draftsmanship beyond making a simplified character design move. The Japanese, Chinese and Koreans invest much more time and effort into things like perspective, colour theory, etc.

If you want to know what all anime would look like on a Western budget, go watch Akira.

there are some really bad episodes but it has its moments
youtube.com/watch?v=Ussqi3nagrQ

why don't you fuck off back to /jp/

>Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, Rick and Morty
wew you must be trolling lad