bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42958694
streamable.com/phm4x
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for World Domination

second for canyonero

>buyern

>Buyern
>Shitty

first for saving this dumpster fire until the euros wake up and save /trb/ again

first for using "first" at any point in the thread

Dude, where's my career III (retired at 29 yrs. old)

>playing 39 times in Bundesliga in 9 years

damn, imagine it, getting a 5 year contract at 10m/year because buyern fucking paid 88mil for your sorry ass and then you get offered a NEW FUCKING contract after 4 of those years where you made literally 18 appeareances, he probably got more than 1m per game, absolute unit

A very good average ratings in some seasons, and possibly a too inflated reputation to be willing to sign for another club. Would be interesting to know whether he suffered a career-ending injury or maybe just wilted away at 29 as an overweight alcoholic.

maybe he was as good as this guy, he must be the best, because chelski paid a whopping 95mil for this guy, that I sold 2 years prior for 40mil

this fucking AI and Wingers are the worst

so now that the final patch is probably out, what is the game like?

>final patch
>in February
>not 18.3

wat?

nigger just answer my question

the final patch is not out and it's like every year the same heated shit that we gobble up because of features we didnt know we wanted, so yeah it's alright i guess.

alright cheers

He was at least very promising, so it is possible that he never was close to realizing his potential. But the number of near £100M transfers that end up as bench warmers is a bit too high. Perhaps it it only a matter of AI managers signing players purely out of PA or reputation that don't fit their system.
Your question rests on a false premise (that the final patch is out), so it makes little sense answering it.

Which kind of formation is best for a Defensive mentality, wide or narrow?

Good goy.

Well, in theory, the natrow formation should be the most compact in front of your own box, but in practice, it all depends on what you are defending against - a wide attacking side, or a side atacking through the middle, etc.

>"We can't show features that are nearly finished a few months in advance but can churn out literally the whole thing in 1-2 weeks"

I FUCKING HATE THAT I LOVE YOU

w-woah bro, relatable

Also, I invite Norway to take their snow back. And yes Butters I know what you will post so fuck you in advance.

bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42958694
This guy doing FM irl

Tfw only patches of ice left in the streets here by now

Could be worse.

>dribbles even himself, so must be better than Messi

streamable.com/phm4x
>Concede offside goal
>Goes to VAR
>It stands because one of your fans is waving a massive flag in front of the camera
toppest kek

>AFL
TSN2 better be airing that shit.

>tfw you have to slowly let go

h-his pace is just not up to date and he is 33

one last year contract or drop him?

Loaning him out has already tainted him imo

>I'll make a point out of playing this guy for as long as I can, even if it costs me the job.

>these stats

post him, p-please

Not even that good, but played alongside a 4-5 times world player of the year, ballon d'or winner, etc. for most of those seasons.

/trb/ where are you

LETS BE 'AVIN YOU

...heh

look at this dude's average rating in the league after 5 games

Just another day in Bizarro Sup Forums.

>tfw a girl actually asked me out and I got nervous and refused with a trb quote

I chuckled and said "You may very well be interested in buying but I have no interest in selling" then 'stormed out' (by walking away quickly)

I even said it in a fucking cautious tone of voice. tfw virgin at 27

I didn't draw with Iraq this year are you happy now

there's no hope.
"oh shit nigger what are you doing"

how many reloads did that WC take?

hello sorry if this has been asked many times: last FM i bought was 16, am thinking about getting 17 instead of 18 because its cheaper. is 17 any good? better than 18 and/or 16? thanks lads

17>18>16

01/02>3>12>18>14>17>17

Feels bad man

18 is superior to every iteration since 14

You just gave me flashbacks to the chick that kissed me at a party and i just ran away and my friend ended up hooking up with her

>tfw i was 22

>tfw I was that friend that ended up hooking with her

Still up for beers on friday so we can laugh at my life?

It actually feels pretty good dealing out the trollball instead of receiving it

>scoring on the second penalty

What kind of sorcery is this?

man...

Only if you have time to cry about my life after that.

>the absolute state of norwegian opinions

where are the two of you fucking each other?

open up FM18/data/setpieces/penalties.ini in a text editor and change the line "aimatgoal=0" to "aimatgoal=1"

FM 18 is actually quite good if you don't want to scout or sign players
Milan is almost as far away as where he lives, if I remember correctly, so it is just a pipe dream.

Scouting is the best change to the fm franchise since the GUI update

debate me

I have gotten used to the new scouting system now, but that could just as well be Stockholm syndrome.

a-are you trying to tell me s-something..?

>debate me
no, i dont discuss with mental patients

Dont you live in kristiansand? That's not too far away

Is there something i'm doing wrong scouting wise? I have all my scouts on sensible assignments and this is what i'm looking at after a year of letting them do their shit

>world knowledge 4%

You know where I live, so I guess I am gonna get buttraped any day now

>kristiansand
I always mistake Kristiansand and kristiansund, never mind, you're on the other half of the globe

Well I have been focusing on uruguay because foreign player rules are quite strict, but it still seems like my scouts are doing essentially fuck all. Is this normal?

be there in 5

Yes, we created Kristiansund to confuse potential rapists and make them get lost on the way here

You only have five scouts, so you have to make their familiarity get better if you want that percentage to increase. Making them systematically scout neighbouring countries in succession, signing scouts based on what their familiarity is already, looking for scouts with high adaptability, linking up with scouts to share a scouting network, etc. is a good beginning. But even with 10-20 scouts you will possibly end up with around 60-70% world knowledge.

I should say, I don't really give a shit about world knowledge, Uruguayan players are the main focus of my attentions. And considering that focus, I've seen really very little progress. Is this just >FM 18 or do I need to be manually scouting everything under the sun?

Considering there is a "new" scouting system (different skin to relay the same functions), I wouldn't expect it to work before the march patch or FM19. Is your chief scout in charge of delegating scouting assignments?

Show us your assignments

chief "scout" was in charge at first before I took over, with even less success. I really do need more scouts to cover anything with any reliability, but this is what I've got anyway

What does this do?

>swedish premier division

it deletes your system32, dont dont do it

That is very few reports, I agree. perhaps you need to mark a lot of Uruguayan players to scout manually. And have you got any restrictions on PA/CA, age, etc., that could make them filter out 99% of the players?

I tried to keep it fairly broad, but yeah, might just get scout reports on every player in the country and see if that is any more effective a system

Who else here is the real life workplace equivalent to a sad brazilian who was really good when he was 19

>above average intelligence as a child
>thought this meant I didn't have to try in school/work
>now that I'm an adult, everyone is smarter/more successful than me because I never worked hard for anything

Also I have aspergers

Assignments kinda suck shit in 18, you have to manually get reports from players in your player search field, definitely mass scout the national youth squads

There are little common sensey things you can do like player search for expiring contract uruguayos not based in uruguay, uncheck the realistic signing checkmark etc

thanks, I'll try all of that
have a qt as thanks

>first team player
And there might actually be no more than 15 players in Uruguay atm that are good enough to play for your first team.
I guess I have been hindered by being over-determined and "controversy=20". The Joe Barton of the workplace.

So I offered a player a new contract with a wage rise as well as getting rid of his minimum release fee. Before he accepted, a team came in and met his current minimum release fee and he left. Feels really fustrating, it's not as if he rejected my contract, it was literally just a matter of timing. If I'd offered him the contract like a week earlier he probably would have stayed. This ever happen to anyone else?

Only if I have forgotten to give a youth player a professional contract or perhaps forgotten about a player that is perhaps out on loan. It would be fair to have some sort of a bidding war against the other club to be able to make a better offer.

>pre-season team meeting
aka
>the "your players will riot and/or get depressed if you don't remember what goal you set five weeks ago" minigame

>tfw you misclick "we can qualify for EL" instead of the CL one and every fucking one stays mad for 5 months

also /devilish/

>tfw having to let the real Ronaldo go as he has become too fat even for scouting

>tfw you misclick and miss out on the deal of the century, because you play both on mac and PC, and the "accept" and "reject" button is on opposide sides depending on the os.

what is the face of someone playing FM on mac?

a 50/50 cross between a jew and aryan posterboy

I literally reloaded and replayed 3 matches because I misclicked reject on a contract

I hope you wrote a heartfelt letter to SI's advice column asking wether replaying for 173 times until you got the exact same results, yellow cards and injuries counted as cheating.

>reloading
might as well actually go to kristiansomething and get buttraped by norwegian’s very own Norchad tBh

How can it be a simulation if the results vary?

Mike really done goofed up by implementing some quantum randomness models into a simulation of a deterministic universe.

How can it be a simulation if the skin colour varies?

Not again

SI's Head of facial graphics department: -Mike, can you give us go ahead for creating different templates between Asian and South American newgens' in the upcoming game?
Mike: -I still think you should spend another week or two on making the barely visible faces of security staff during matches look excactly like the players in Actua Soccer™.

Got the imperial stout tonight lads