ITT: Post weird shit about your language

ITT: Post weird shit about your language.

>You can say the entire Plane Scene using vowel "e" only.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo
youtube.com/watch?v=vAhwOcSf1R8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

en sounds an
eau = ô
au = o
ou = ou
ai = è
e-é-è-ê
bunch of other weird sounds.

You're speaking it even though you live in Hungarian Sausage Soup. That's interesting right?

'Als vliegen achter vliegen vliegen vliegen vliegen vliegensvlug' is an actual sentence, same in German.

We have two 'o' that are pronounced the same
We have two 'g' that are pronounced the same
We have four 'ee' (as in "been") that are pronounced the same
We have two 'e' (as in "echo") that are pronounced the same

We have a lot of verb conjugations:
Tenses (I guess it can be called tenses, idk)
1 Present
3 Pasts
2 Futures

Each one of those have 3 types: Indicative, Imperative and Subjunctive.

Each verb has 6 forms of conjugation for each one of the tenses combined with the type.

tl;dr: That's a shit-ton of verbs.

Words like Grundstücksverkehrsgenehmigungszuständigkeitsübertragungsverordnung or Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz

We say ho and hoor and anglocucks think we're calling them whore.

May be a bit boring, but English used to be a purely synthetic language but shifted into being mostly analytic and is now shifting back into being synthetic.

Essentially, languages cycle between creating morphemes for meanings that attach onto words, and bleaching the meanings of the words and morphemes together. English used to be morpheme heavy, then the morphemes merged into the words because when people speak in conversation it is sloppy, then (for political reasons) french and scadi were pushed in (at different times) and now the words are losing meaning as they continue to get shorter (as spoken) which is leading to the over-extension of morphemes and will eventually, probably, lead to more morphemes being created.

Also, we have two morpheme sets - germanic ones and latin ones.

nothing

"ll" sounds like a cat hissing abrasively, it also a single letter along with ch, dd, ff, ng, ll, ph, rh, th, all single letters

You can finish every sentence with the word cunt.

Don't you mean HKKKO and HHHHKOOR, Marco?

We have dual, related to the ancient Sanskrit form

Just like German.

I don't even know what that is

>We have four 'ee' (as in "been") that are pronounced the same
>We have two 'e' (as in "echo") that are pronounced the same
So you have six vowels that are all pronounced the same?

In Greek, the "eh" and "ee" sounds have different letters.

That's bullshit cunt

Can you transcribe the plane scene for us?

>weird shit about your language
The whole language

[got the joke]

But he said ee as in been.

Conjugation in Finnish is pretty wacky.
You can embed so much stuff inside a single word, and I don't mean like in German where you just smash words together.
e.g kirjoittelisinkohan = I wonder if I should start writing

It's actually easier to learn danish than you would think, because we only pronounce half of the words. You can kinda give trying if you don't know how to a word, and you'll be fine.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

Thats how you pronounce "H"

My language sounds like italian and looks like russian.

yeah nah cunt

"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter of the alphabet once.

English, with 180, has the most palindromes after Finnish, 239

I wonder what the easiest language to learn is. I heard Korean is pretty easy

Have you ever heard a Brit pronounce "been?" They often say it like "bean." That's probably what he meant. Unless he meant "bean" in the first place and misspelled it because his country can't afford a proper education any more.

but i believe it cunt

Our "yes" and "no" don't work the same as English (at least).

It's hard to translate the difference, and the way the language structures questions, you wouldn't notice it, but "yes" is not "yes", it is "it is", "they are", "I will" or something that answers the verb in the question, not a universal "on/off" switch.

The words for "yes" and "no", "tá" and "níl" (thaw and kneel) mean, devoid of context, "is" and "is not", so when you ask a question like in the ballot papers, where both languages are present like "do you want to make Ireland great again?", you would say in English "yes" or "no", but in Irish you can't just say "tá" and "níl", you have to extend the sentence to "yes I do" or "no I don't" (at the least).
The way Irish is taught here (by the state, the least effective people for the job), and the kind of resentment people have at being made to learn it (which is pretty gay desu), a lot of people just latch onto a few Irish words and phrases, but don't get any of the subtleties of the actual spoken language, so they still put "Tá" and "Níl" on the ballot papers, even though that means either butchering them in the Irish language context, or warping the question around so that monolingual plebs will recognise "these are the words for yes and no", rather than being left scrathing their heads at the ballot box, wondering what kind of secret code is being transmitted in Irish when there are three words on the part of the paper where the English equivalent is "yes".

It's a bit fucked up tbqh.
I'm interested whether other European languages (particularly Indo-European languages) have that issue.

Top kek cunt.

Spanish is the easiest one.

That that is is that that is not is not is that it it is

Don't even get me started!

Isn't that just the cancuckistani pronunciation? I thought brits used an even shorter e than us there.

also
>James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher

1/2

Ahora me explico las quejas de los extranjeros por sus dificultades con nuestras acepciones. Un ejemplo de la riqueza del lenguaje castellano es el número y acepciones de una simples palabra, como puede ser la muy conocida y frecuentemente utilizada referencia a los atributos masculinos, "cojones".

Si va acompañada de un numeral, tiene significados distinto según el número utilizado. Así, "uno" significa "caro o costoso" (valía un cojón), "dos" significa "valentía" (tenía dos cojones), "tres" significa "desprecio" (me importa tres cojones), un número muy grande más "par" significa "dificultad" (lograrlo me costo mil pares de cojones).

El verbo cambia el significado. "Tener" indica "valentía" (aquella persona tiene cojones), aunque con signos exclamativos puede significar "sorpresa" (¡tiene cojones!); "poner" expresa un reto, especialmente si se ponen en algunos lugares (puso los cojones encima de la mesa).

why?
does anyone actually use these words?

2/2

También se los utiliza para apostar (me corto los cojones), o para amenazar (te corto los cojones). El tiempo del verbo utilizado cambia el significado de la frase. Así, el presente indica "molestia o hastío" (me toca los cojones), el reflexivo significa "vagancia" (se tocaba los cojones), pero el imperativo significa "sorpresa" (¡tócate los cojones!). Los prefijos y sufijos modulan su significado: "a-" expresa "miedo" (acojonado), "des-" significa "cansancio o risa" (descojonado), "-udo" indica "perfección" (cojonudo), y "-azo" se refiere a la "indolencia o abulia" (cojonazo).

Las preposiciones matizan la expresión. "De" significa "éxito" (me salió de cojones)" o "cantidad" (hacía un frío de cojones), "por" expresa "voluntariedad" (lo haré por cojones), "hasta" expresa "límite de aguante" (estoy hasta los cojones), "con" indica "valor" (era un hombre con cojones) y "sin", "cobardía" (era un hombre sincojones).

Es distinto el color, la forma, la simple tersura o el tamaño. El color violeta expresa "frío" (se me quedaron los cojones morados), la forma, "cansancio" (tenía los cojones cuadrados), pero el desgaste implica "experiencia" (tenía los cojones pelados de tanto repetirlo).

Es importante el tamaño y la posición (tiene dos cojones grandes y bien plantados); sin embargo hay tamaño máximo (tiene los cojones como los del caballo de Espartero) que no puede superarse, porque entonces indica "torpeza o vagancia" (le cuelgan, se los pisa, se sienta sobre ellos, e incluso necesita una carretilla para llevarlos).

La interjección "¡cojones!" significa "sorpresa", y cuando uno se halla perplejo los solicita (manda cojones). En ese lugar reside la voluntad y de allí surgen las órdenes (me sale de los cojones).

En resumen, será difícil encontrar una palabra, en castellano o en otros idiomas, con mayor número de acepciones.

but it uses 'o' many times?

To clarify the point, "tá" and "níl" literally can be used in sentences as "is" and "is not".

For example, imagine if "yes" was part of the verb "to be". It would lead to sentences like:

"Yes a dog in the neighbour's garden".

instead of

"There is a dog in the neighbour's garden".

English

If you already know English then Dutch or Afrikaans is piss-easy

>You can say the entire Plane Scene using vowel "e" only.

You got my attention. Do it.

you probably have heard of the "german ordnung"
that's part of it. it describes shit pretty accurate.
most of those words are bureaucracy nonsense, so you see them from time to time if you do a lot of paperwork with officals.

Mivan ?
Én azt mondom h főzelék
thats a weird ass word

It's not croatian, but way of speaking around Split. We can communicate using only vowels and gestures.

pszczyna

And in croatian there are words without vowels

>Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
What an unintelligible niggerism.

cunt = friend
mate = enemy

With "ee" he meant "i" as in idiot you non-phonetic fucks.
Greek has short and long vowels that have a different symbol in addiction to 5 different accents.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo

ae

We have three vowels not found in english. moot really hated one of them apparently because it's wordfiltered to o.

>Intonation and context is more important for comprehension than correct grammar.

>i before e except after c
>science

checkmate atheists

It's quicker to say "world wide web" than it is to say "www"

The current standard American accent is the original British accent.

Same for all latin languages more or less
They just do away with spaces and prepositions, chocolate cookies becomes Schokoladenkekse it might look intimidating but if you know how to break the words its exactly the same or even simpler.

Because in German you just combine words into one.
For example Ski mask is Skimaske - and there is basically no limit to that.

That's weird

Shit ton of words don't eve have vowels or have one in 6 letter words

Kuusi palaa

Let google translate have fun with that

You can say "Yeah, no, probably" and that will mean "no".

Eichhörnchen and Eishörnchen

This for whatever reason triggers German lerners.

we don't even need to start describe our language here, Ivan.
it's good only for us, and requires our mentality for understanding.

it will say "i'd like do do that, but i don't sure in it"

We can comunicate exclusively with the word "weon" and the different conjugations:
Weon, esa weona es mas weona, cree cualquier wea.
>dude, that girl is dumb, she believes anything

Que wea weon?
Depends of the context and the tone
>What's going on dude or what the fuck motherfucker

And so on

KURWA- means in this language absolutely everything. You can say it when you are angry, happy, excited, sad, bored, intrested etc etc. Most universal word in the World

Vittu is an ancient word for the female genitalia but now has the literal meaning of "cunt". Linguistically, it is used similar to how 'fuck' is used in English to add force to a statement or express frustration. Often considered extremely profane, its usage is nowadays not only limited to teenager slang, but is often used as an emphasis in a forceful or frustrated utterance or expression, as in mitä vittua? "what the fuck?". Other common phrases with vittu include voi vittu ("Oh fuck"), (ja) vitut! ("The fuck you say!" / "Bullshit!", lit. "(and) cunts"); haista vittu ("fuck you!", lit. "(go) smell (a) cunt"; painu (hevon) vittuun ("fuck off", lit. "go crawl up a (horse's) cunt"); olla naama norsun vitulla, (lit. "to have one's face like the elephant's cunt", meaning to be sour and unfriendly).
Entire sentences can be constructed using these combinations "Vittu, vituttaa niin vitusti" (Fuck this, I'm so fucking pissed off) etc. Occasionally, one hears more colorful constructions, such as Vittujen kevät ja kyrpien takatalvi! (paraphrased, "Holy fucking shit!" or literally "The spring of cunts and the late winter of dicks!"). Notably, vittu is also used as an energetic mood, as in "vitun iso" ("fucking big") or "Mä meen vittu sinne" ("I'm (really) fucking going there") or to declare a negative outcome, as in meni vituiksi ("(smth.) was fucked up"). Similar-sounding euphemistic replacements include hitto (see above), vitsi or hitsi. Also kettu ("fox"), vattu ("raspberry") and pottu (potato) are often used as replacement words due to their rhyming with vittu. Several verbs and adjectives have also been derived from vittu: vituttaa technically means "to want/need some cunt", though the meaning of it is actually something like "to feel angry and depressed", vittuuntua "to get angry", vittumainen an adjective for "annoying". In more polite conversation these derivations can be done from the euphemism kettu: ketuttaa, kettumainen etc.

How do you differentiate them? Pronunciation?

the pronounciation is the exact same. context determines meaning.

The whole Finnish language is pretty weird

That rule is famous for having more exceptions than it does examples.

This is truly crazy. I thought about learning a Scandinavian language but now I'm going with Swedish

you can put -je, -tje or -pje at the end of a noun and the word "shrinks" and becomes cute.
For example, "boom" which is tree becomes "boompje" which would translate to small tree or little tree in English.
or "nikker" would become "nikkertje" which would translate to little nigger.

I really miss this in English, sometimes I cannot express the same nuances because of it.

You will never perfect Dutch, however.

Hae lakkaa satamasta kun lakkaa satamasta.
Get lacquer from the port when the rain stops

In Scots, all double-positives are negatives.

>Aye right
>Yeah yeah
>Okay, sure

All of these mean "Whatever, I don't believe that"

gn = ny

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

Swedish and german have alot of common words

All germanic languages do.

Isn't the suffix -let, as in niglet or manlet, good enough for you?

>showing off made up words that only exist in theory because you can put suffixes after each other practically till the end of times, but no one uses these words, ever
>muh megszentségteleníthetetlenségeskedéseitekért

Kokoo koko kokko kokoon. Koko kokkoko kokoon? Koko kokko kokoon.
Put together the whole bonfire. The whole bonfire together? The whole bonfire together.

Keksijä Keksi keksittiin keksimään keksi. Keksijä Keksi keksi keksin. Keksittyään keksin, keksijä Keksi keksi keksin keksityksi.
Inventor Cookie was invented to invent a cookie. Inventor Cookie invented a cookie. After inventing the cookie, inventor Cookie invented that a cookie was invented.

Epäjärjestelmällistyttämättömyydelläänsäkäänköhän
Not even by his own lack of disorganization, do you suppose?

rodgrod med flode XD

Japanese is actually easier than Polish, if you get over the runes.

spell icup

This sounds like a weird bird that should've gone south for the winter, but couldn't and is now freezingly rambling like a madman in his deathbed.

Chill dude he probably just made a typo

F A I R LY U N C O M O N N O N
A
I
R
L
Y

U
N
C
O
M
M
O
N

In French, "male" and "evil"/"wrong" are the same word

An example of Australian and Aboriginal language

youtube.com/watch?v=vAhwOcSf1R8

How R, Z and J sound

I know that a "flashight" is ficklampa in swedish. Which means in german something like "fuck lamp"

>In French, "male" and "evil"/"wrong" are the same word
explains a lot