Why are Americans so religious?

I don't think anywhere else in the Western world trying to justify things with the Bible would ever fly. Also what with all the
>bless you
>we'll pray for him/her
>any sentence that starts with: well the bible says
It sounds backwards as fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6bZLtg8OZYY
foxnews.com/us/2017/11/05/mass-shooting-reported-at-texas-sutherland-springs-church.html
yahoo.com/gma/texas-church-scene-shooting-report-192705171--abc-news-topstories.html?soc_trk=gcm&soc_src=ecd5e8af-dc90-3332-9efb-d522bf6b8dfa&.tsrc=notification-brknews
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it saves us from becoming faggot loving degenerates like you. we are the last bastion of christianity in the western world's cesspool of disgusting faithless and degenerate atheism

why is Sup Forums obsessed with America lmao?

That's rather the opposite.

If your only argument is muh bible it's pretty easy to paint you as retarded.

I think r/atheism is more your speed OP. There you can discuss what a horrible tragedy it is when people say Bless You after you sneeze with like-minded enlightened individuals.

i dont care. french paintings are shit

Don't worry. I had already noticed that's you were retarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=6bZLtg8OZYY

Brother Dean comes to spread the good word in your town. What happens?

>that's you were retarded.

They aren't. It's all a facade. Only the older generation is religious.

In fact, I'm not religious at all but I wish everyone around me was a an ardent Christian, America would be a much better place.

Blacks and spics talk about being Christian and have the highest murder rates though, so make of that what you will.

>>I don't think anywhere else in the Western world trying to justify things with the Bible would ever fly.
void Reaction( const user& user){
user.BreathIn();
user.BreathOut();
user.Say("Boi");
};

std::thread this_thread(Reaction,this);
std::cout

no joke my ex korean gf was way more religious than any americans I've ever met. I had to break it off when she basically told me that god came first and that I was going to hell if I wouldnt let her convert me.

Religion is a hell of a drug. Christians seem like cultists tb h

imo American religiosity is a meme.

I've honestly always wondered this. There is a direct correlation on development-atheism except in America ---- and no, the "america is thirld world xD!" isn't an argument

Too many evangelifags. We should kill baptists or send them to Utah. The South would be so much better.

we force our politicians to pretend they pray daily (or at all) though

>we force
>we
No one I know has ever done anything of the sort. Perhaps politicians do it to save face but no one forces them or cares.

>be american
>go to church
>get shot
foxnews.com/us/2017/11/05/mass-shooting-reported-at-texas-sutherland-springs-church.html

Americans generally claim they are religious when in actuallity it doesn't affect their lives at all. But it makes them feel good about themselves to claim they pray daily and go to church every week.

>faggot loving degenerates like you.
You do know that every single degenerate thing currently in pop culture circuilation has it's origins in the USA?

In some states you are legally required to carry a gun to church (to stop slave rebellions)

>Texas
why didnt they all immediately open fire on him?

>american churches

Do they serve burgers in it?

Yeah but christianity affects daily aspects of your life in USA in ways that it wouldn't in EU. For example swearing on the bible in court, ban of atheists from being judges, marriages in church. French secularity (laicite) is way more intense than American "secularism" which basically exists only on paper. France even bans crosses and hijab from being worn in public schools and government offices for example.

They we're all too busy clapping.

jewish brainwashing

They share the same backwards tribal culture as Israel and Saudi Arabia. These sandnigger religions are basically justification for constant war and an easy tool for controlling the masses.

Tell me about the american, why does he get shot in the church?

obviously this couldve been prevented if the church had sentry turrets posted around the building

underage ban pls

>swearing on the bible in court,
ok
>ban of atheists from being judges
fake news. That's be illegal here do to anti-discrimination laws. If a law like that possibly still exist in some obscure state it isn't enforced.
>marriages in church.
You can get secular marriages here too. People get married in a church because they want to, not because they have to.

Braindead religious fucks like you would more or less completely fade out of the social conscious without the internet as a platform to remind the rest of the world that two towers weren't enough.

>it saves us from becoming faggot loving degenerates like you
lmao Hungary remains reatively homophobic whereas America went full SJW in the last 7 years

I agree moreso in France than USA definiteley, I'm just saying that Americans aren't as religious as they make themselves out to be.
That isn't a thing
>swearing on the bible in court
you can use anything you dont have to swear on a bible, a Muslim could use a Quran, Congressmen Keith Ellison was a member of the Cult Nation of Islam so he used a Quran for his oath.
American Secularism is not non-existent by any means, its just different from French secularism. French secularism tries to keep religion out of the government, American secularism tries to keep government out of Religion.
This has historical reason. Correct me if I'm wrong, you obviously know French History better than me, but isn't the primary reason France is secular is because of backlash against a single church, the Catholic Church. So France really just had one religion, they just didn't like the amount of power the church had.
America is secular because it is founded by various different Immigrant groups. You can't have a state church when you don't have any majority in religion. We had Puritans, Quakers, Huguenots, Lutherans, former members of the Church of England, Dutch Calvinists and Presbyterians, with none of those coming close to forming a majority.

t. literally the origin of all the degeneracy in sociology

Please fuck off you silly religious cunt.
You know, before this place was flooded with normalfags, scum like you were mocked for pulling stupid shit like that.
You are a cancerous fucking stain, nothing more.

It's all appearances man, even born again Christians will not pause to do/say some fucked up shit right a minute after they just praised Jesus, The Gospel's main teachings

>Love thy neighbour
>Turn the other cheek
>Judge not

Are all but routinely ignored by murican so called Christians

How many of them had guns?

kek.
I make fun of them but really do feel bad for some people on there, I think they mostly come from really religious homes and thats the reason they are the way they are.

>man, I can't believe how many people are religious in a country where you're allowed to say and believe anything you want and even demonstrate it in public

You're right. So long as we don't desire an infinite number of mexicspics to have unlimited access to enter our country we are not true Christians.

i remember being 15 too. great times

t. JIDF

There's a difference in between discussing demographics as a legitimate concern and looking at the issue through the optics of bigotry. Hatred towards Mexicans is unchristian and there's no two ways about it

America is seen as the last great christian power
90% of the worlds missionaries are sent to America, theres millions spent every year to try convert/keep people christian

you're a fucking loser who solely posts " xD underage xd" every thread. Go back to réddit you sad cunt

>he thinks people are religious, because of freedom of speech and not because the majority of people are descendants of turbo-autistic proddie rejects from Europe

>i am an atheist
>no slave of no middle eastern imaginary sky daddy that has oppressed my Celtic ancestors
>my power level has been revealed

They seem to believe the boble is true for some reason.

The literal state of American Christianity
yahoo.com/gma/texas-church-scene-shooting-report-192705171--abc-news-topstories.html?soc_trk=gcm&soc_src=ecd5e8af-dc90-3332-9efb-d522bf6b8dfa&.tsrc=notification-brknews

some of the early settlers were puritans who were expelled from england for being too weird and extreme

Thats only in New England though.

This is literally the opposite

>swearing on the bible
I've been in court multiple times. You don't swear on the Bible. That's just movie bullshit. Hell, half the time they just ask you to 'affirm' rather than 'swear' because then it includes atheists.
This is literally illegal. Not even 1st amendment illegal, like in the main constitution illegal.
>marriages in church
You can get married anywhere as long as an officiate licensed by the state presides over it. My parents were in a hurry to get married (dad was going off to war, wanted to make sure my mom could get those sweet military benefits if he died), so they just visited their local county clerk's office.

None of the things you listed are actually things.