Redpill me on Dinosaurs. Were they really just big dumb birds? Would an Emu outsmart them?

Redpill me on Dinosaurs. Were they really just big dumb birds? Would an Emu outsmart them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nOPVVdg8noc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coelurosauria
scientificamerican.com/article/bird-brains-have-as-many-neurons-as-some-primates/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

there was no meteor it was emus

Smart birds. An emu could outsmart as herbivore, but not a predator.

T. Museum docent.

What was the Dinosaurs greatest achievement museum doctor?

Don't feed replies to the strayans, please. By all means, observe. Just don't interact with them.

They were the first vertabrates on the planet to achieve powered flight, that's pretty big.

They were also the most largest and most successful group of land animals, spreading to every continent and occupying nigh every niche, but mammals were able to one up them with whales about 20 million years after the Kpg.

Did most of the dinosaurs have feathers? Can you swear on your parents life that you're a museum docent?

He asked me about dinosaurs, and I have answers. It's what I wish I was paid to do.

I only get paid for training noobies.

I think they varied.
I imagine a few carnivorous and omnivorous species got pretty smart.

Herbivores end up stupid as fuck, because eating
>a fucking leaf
doesn't exactly require a lot of brain power.

Oh dinosaur King, please answer my question...

Who would win in a fight, 200 unarmed humans or a T-Rex? If the humans then what about 2 Rex's, if the red then what about 500 humans?

>powered flight

Why didn't they fly to another planet if they were so powerful?

>most successful group of land animals
>go extinct

You sure you're a museum doctor m8?

Rex* not red.

Dinosaurs never existed. Allah placed them in the ground to test believers and their faith. This thread is haram.

You stupid cunts are trying to have a discussion with an obvious troll. I suppose the bait cleans up the serious threads.

pic related.

Even though you're just fucking around, I knew a Mormon girl at college who said those exact words. She believed that the bones of pre historic creatures were placed by God to test our faith in him, and never really existed.

>emus

Only the predators, and a few omnivores. And yes, I swear.
Just two humans win if Rexy choked.
Have a timestamp you cunt.

autism tier depiction of a t-rex

>Mormon girl

More like moron girl right?

Why would you be a dinosaur doctor if they're all dead? What exactly do you operate on?

Nice tshirt top kek

I honestly can't tell if you are baiting or if you are just new. Either way, good job.

Think of me as post-mortem. Keep in mind birbs are a thing as well.

Looks like his pajamas. Museum doctor my ass

>post-mortem

>more like post-moron with that unifrom

It's the best proof I have at three in the morning. I'm surprised you didn't call out the bomb-ass blanket underneath.

You got a dinosaur fetish m8?

No, and a Dinosaur the size of large Theropods (Giganotosaurus, Spinosaurus) would've had zero need for feathers as they were apex predators and not nearly small enough to make use of any form of camoflague (feathers)

>Australia starts engineering dinosaurs to get rid of Emus.

Are you really this desperate?

>dinosaurs = pterosaurs

meteor yourself

You ever had an Emu stare you down m8? It's not fun

>pterosaurs
>powered flight
what?

Bullshit.

Dinosaurs had brains the size of todays birds.

A raven outsmarts them all.

>would've had zero need for feathers as they were apex predators and not nearly small enough to make use of any form of camoflague (feathers)
>camoflague (feathers)

You're confirmed for retard.

The feathers were primitive and likely thermoregulating.

Emus litrally evolved from the dinosaurs that survied the astroid. Of course the Emu wins on every front.

>thermoregulating

The fuck are you talking about ?

>leprechaun ejucation

>"more like a six foot turkey"
>mfw it actually did look like a six foot turkey after all

Please recommend websites for someone interested in paleontology, specifically ones which cover new literature in the field :)

Which branch of dinosaur became birds? Can we technically call birds dinosaurs today?

They were not Birds, but some apparently definitely had feathers according to fossils. But not like a full coat of feathers - just some areas with feathers. I'm pretty sure that pic you have is wrong.

Imagine a fucking 6 foot turkey running at you. Nightmare fuel right there

Like this?

They evolved from a clade of theropods called Paraves.

Technically speaking birds could be considered "dinosaurs", but I wouldnt. They are simply the next step in the evolution.

>"university"

forgot pic

All birds are dinosaurs in the same way that all humans are mammals.

Are ravens the smartest birds of all time?

birds are technically dinosaurs, because dinosaurs are a clade and birds descended from that clade. It's kinda like human vs mammal. We are mammals, but when that word is used, we're typically thinking about wolves and bears and deer in our minds. You'll see the term "non-avian dinosaur" when people want to be more specific.

They evolved from the therapod lineage of dinosaurs. You know, T. rex, velociraptor, those guys. Although it actually appear that the evolution of feathers occurred BEFORE the evolution of birds, meaning that groups of dinosaurs that were not the progenitors of birds also had feathers.

This one should clear up any doubts.

Yes.

can confirm, had an emu get on the train and he stared at me the entire time, those birds are unsettling af

really?

>bird has the most terrifying silhouette

OP are you sure you're ready for this red pill?

And so it should

no

Yes. Its hard to be 100%, since brains and behaviour doesnt survive in fossils, but considering the change in environment, the adaptation of ravens etc, yes Ravens are the most intelligent birds of all time.

DONT EVEN TALK

WHY DO BIRDS COME FROM LIZARD HIP DINOSAURS AND THE BIRD HIPPED DINOSAURS DIE OUT

mind = blown

Just early science nomenclature, since they based alot of taxonomy on previously known "familiar-looking" bonestructures of existing birds/lizards.

>when I was a kid dinosaurs used to be cool scary reptiles
>now they're just overgrown chickens

Sometimes I hate science

>overgrown chickes who would literally shred you to pieces within seconds.

Try your luck against a cassowary.

youtube.com/watch?v=nOPVVdg8noc

>Red pill me on dinosaurs

Why am I laughing so hard?

I don't want to worship or give belief to a God who does nothing but constantly test you.

Why should you put faith into someone that has no faith in you?

Sup Forums really is the best place to talk about politics.

>Reminder sola scriptura is heresy in Christianity

Dinosaurs are politics mate.

They should serve as a stark reminder that humans illusion of total control of our little blue planet is less that 4 million years.

Especially within the last 20,000 when we started to control and dominate the local apex predators with tools and especially fire.

The lesson here is that we are here by chance and our time could be up any moment.

Only our arrogance and perception of time is what limits our species to achieve greater things, instead of wasting our recourses and energies on petty squabbles like religion.

Underneath those feathers is the same big scary dinosaur that's ready to chomp some bitch herbivores user, don't be so down.

This clade of carnivors which birds stem from, yes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coelurosauria

Unlike OP said: dinosaurs aren't all birds but birds are are all dinosaurs.

The later ones were pretty intelligent as far as we know. Palaeontologist Dale Russell speculated that for example Troodon could have theoretically evolved into something pic related.

>grey aliens
>reptilians

Not true at all.

The brain size-body ratio is what determines intelligence.

Birds today have much bigger brains compared to their bodies.

>Would an emu outsmart them

Lad, if you were there, you'd know that that big feathered faggot could outflank an emu even with those big legs. Even machine gun equipped Utes we couldn't outmaneuver their fluid and synchronized legions.

Massive bird like dinosaurs unlike the Emu are no laughing matter m8. Thank god the big ones got annexed by a space rock

That... really underrated pic

I fucking knew it!

Fuck me dead, look at this creepy motherfucker

Jews did 65 mya

If dinosaurs had feathers then why don't crocodiles? Checkmate science

They secretly shave them off

>all dinosaurs had feathers meme
no proof
do all modern day lizards have feathers?

Saved. Love me some observational humor.

They look good shaved

Dinosaurs are the same thing as dragons.
Some dragon myths are real because humans witnessed dinosaurs. They are dead because we killed most of them or their way of life was encroached upon because of our domination of territory and food supply, as well as the changing atmosphere.

>there is no father

> humans and dinosaurs coexisted

They did. Flapping your wings to get in the air is powered flight. They didn't glide from trees.

i'd love to fuck a t-rex

>"The fossil record indicates that birds are the last surviving group of dinosaurs"

that means we're still living among dinosaurs

BTFO

We don't need Dinosaurs to be birds, we had actual terrifying birds walking around with us once.
Seriously Australia, I know we give you shit for the Emu War but I get it, you were protecting your home and families.

Well emus out smart Australians hell you lost the war

So dinosaurs are birds and birds are dragons?

Dinosaurs once ruled the Earth.
Dino privilege sickens me.
#diedinoscum #staydied

>microraptor doesnt exist

They are to birds like monkeys are to humans.

Yes

Didn't think i'd learn this much tonight, cheers lads. I have a whole different outlook on dragons

>Big dumb birds
Actually modern day birds have the neuron density of primates. scientificamerican.com/article/bird-brains-have-as-many-neurons-as-some-primates/
So I wouldn't doubt that some of the non-ave dinosaurs had comparable intelligent. I believe the Troodon is oft quoted as the one that was most likely the smartest.

I feel bad for the all extinct flightless birds.
They were so god damn cool.