Is this real money or just a meme metal?

Is this real money or just a meme metal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R2Y2PA-OUJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=XdpLrXXiCEo
youtube.com/watch?v=7ubJp6rmUYM
youtube.com/watch?v=td7K76IzLvo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

According to your Prime Minister it's not important.

You'll be fine.

Not money, but it's a store of value.

This and bitcoin are the only money that is real money
>end the Fed

(((Feingold)))

>bought 20 ounces of silver for $15 an ounce
>silver is now over $20 an ounce
You be the judge.

My stocks are doing way better though, but I'm not trying to get rich off silver. Also, come to /biz/ faggot.

it can be used for currency.

besides real money could be anything people agree on and place value in, economics is about trust.

buy ALL the gold. if you don't have any gold when fhit hits the shan you're fucked.

During the Argentian crisis Gold was used for larger purchases and silver for more daily purchases..
So yes I would absolutely classify this as viable currency in an emergency..

There's no such thing as "real" money it is literally literally all a meme.

fuck that fag I've been buying the meme metals since '06

it meets all the requirements to be used as a money.

That's some fine gold alright

Isn't ammunition or cases of water the true endgame currency?

wow, $100 profit. you should retire.

once again it depends, if its minted in to coins maybe, as a solid bar, its not liquidable

the concept of money derives from ancient Babylonian cult of metals

Money is a meme, you have to believe in it

no, that's a meme.

Also, I just want to say, which I can't state enough, Sup Forums will shill you on gold and silver all day.

Don't believe them. No one who takes investing seriously doubles down on metals when you understand stocks. Just look from 2008 to now. You'd have to be a monkey not to make money.

Get a load of this goy.

Load up on pain medications. When shit its the fan three vicodin or soma will probably get you a few days of food. Or a lady for the night.

You can't eat gold or silver. Medication, bullets, and skills will save your ass and make you valuable.

And bic lighters and medicine. In other words, useful goods that can be bartered, not currency.

$100 more than you have shitposting here. Let's see babby's first Robinhood portfolio fucking poorfag lel.

It is true what they say, success breeds jealousy.

It's one of the safest investments you can make. You should always have a certain percentage of you money in gold/silver.

>gold and other precious metals are memes
>precious metals mean wealth
>Sup Forums produces memes

I think we might be on to something lads!

that's a meme bro, when civilization collapses there will be no one to tend to the hundreds of nuclear power stations causing nuclear meltdowns everywhere. It's unlikely they will be shut down safely as it is very costly.

posted by a 14-18 year old faggot

>meme metal
money is a meme

I don't gamble on stocks. I invest in property. I make 92k from my job, and even more from my rentals, and my taxable income is around 30k.

>once again it depends

it doesn't depend.

A money must be:
1) A medium of exchange
2) A unit of account
3) A store of value

Gold and silver fulfill or potentially fulfill these functions. In fact, they both serve as a better store of value than modern currency.

A solid bar of gold is extremely liquid. You could exchange a bar of gold worldwide for its market price in currency with little to no delay.

memes are money

We all believe you

OP's question wasn't whether gold or silver are currently good investments. The question was whether or not they are money.

It's more real than the Canadian Peso or any other fiat currency

Gold for most of recorded human civilization has been worth something

Money is useless without someone saying "it's worth something"

in say an apocalypse situation the man with the gold bar can probably trade it for something the man with pre apocalypse money can't even write on them or wipe his ass with them

metal is metal
metal is not money but money can be metal but only if everyone agrees which is why the gold standard is retarded

but you can eat dollars, right?

Ok Nixon

I don't care whether you believe me. I'm paying ~4k/yr in taxes, while earning over 100k. That's a pretty good tax rate, in my opinion.

>metal isn't money
>paper is

There's no such thing as "real" money, money is whatever people believe it to be. It's certainly a great store of value.

I pay 5k and I make just under 50k. FML

I said we believe you, why are you getting so defensive?

>It is true what they say, success breeds jealousy.
Jealous of $100? Come on, that's 1 video game and a couple trips to the olive garden.

no this is meme metal

youtube.com/watch?v=R2Y2PA-OUJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=XdpLrXXiCEo

(((GOLDSMITH)))

kek your paper is so fucking worthless

Brit here. If my currency was not so fucking worthless I would buy gold. Gold price does not change, what fluctuates are the currencies we are paid in.

I dare you to try to sell your metal for spot price. most places will probably quote you at less than your initial buy in.

Money itself is a meme. Co-op, barter, live free.

you can sell it really easily for at least spot on ebay, craigslist, or any used marketplace.

God is useless. You literally cannot buy anything with it. You need to convert it back into cash which is just a waste of time.

gold **

Just because each individual dollar's value deflates, doesn't mean the currency itself is any less useful. People say otherwise are meming to try and shill precious metal.

>Hey goyum, you give me those worthless dollars and I'll give you my shiny metal!
>See, don't you feel safer already? Oy vey, I'm so crazy for trading away my own safety!
>You're so smart goyum, always thinking one step ahead!

The memest of metal

Money itself is just a meme, gold has actual uses.

It's a meme, you should buy lots of Sterling.

>Sterling
Well it's cheap now.

You should invest in diamonds, the hardest metal known to man

>$100 more

Nigger when your portfolio increases by 4 figures because the stock market had a good day then you can talk. Until then, fuck off. You're small potatoes.

>Carbon
>Metal

You may choose only one.

It's just a meme mate, I'd trade some of my rare pepes for these shitty common memes though

No it doesn't

I've heard that in recent experiments scientists at MIT have proven that dragonforce is in fact a significantly harder metal than diamonds.

Well very unsignificant amount of gold is used in Electronics. You would not be shitposting here if it would not have been for gold.

bitcoin isn't real money, the drugs it buys are real money

money isn't real, only goods are real

if you are in a scenario where a dollar can't be used, why would you think you could use gold instead?
>give me those beans heres $5
>het dollars are worthless
>ok how about this 1/64th of an ounce gold chip I bought from a latenight infomercial it's worth $50 give me those beans
>no
>but it's gold!
>and these are beans, which I am eating. fuck off... how much gold did you say you have
>a shi... not much heh heh
and then the knife comes out and he kills you for your gold before finishing his beans

>Gold
>Not money

It's paper "money" which is not money user. Gold was always and is currently money. Empires fall, paper currency regimes crumble into the dust. Gold remains, the real money.

Which means it's significant.

welcome, newfriend

A meme everyone on earth believes in is not a meme anymore

Gold is literally jew meme made thousands and thousands of years ago.

>mfw retards buy into this meme

Yes but when nukes go off, then trust me only thing you would be thinking about is how you going to get food and water.

>Gold isn't worth shit
>People want your gold so bad they kill you for it

Ladies and gentlegoys the mind of an imbecile.

>bitcoin
>real
get a load of this faggot

this is band is very creative ! not musically

Sure thing, Schlomo, Gold is absolutely useless ;)

Not only that but people actually scrap motherboards just to extract certain metals from them including gold. even though it is the least valuable used.

Trust in gold or trust in Government promises goy.

>I'm posting against gold from Estonigger!!
>The land where paper money collapses every generation at least!!

For you I'll post a picture representing the value of paper money in your neck of the woods.

So they would have better life when jews take control again :)))).

Wouldnt you kill someone weak who hasn't been eaten for a while and you see something potentially valuable?

Still doing better than americucks :)))

Well I would think God is useless

>Yes but when nukes go off, then trust me only thing you would be thinking about is how you going to get food and water.

Exactly you enormous retard. And without gold you won't be getting any food. (Note this is not 'my opinon") this is observed history, through all history.

youtube.com/watch?v=7ubJp6rmUYM

I've got something a lot better.
>wanting to live after SHTF

Kek

No of course not. Your attitude must be why the Soviet Union is and was such a poor shithole and genocide factory.

>Gold was always and is currently money.
Only while people agree it is. Like with any money.

You're going to die. No amount of gold is going to save anyone who posts on Sup Forums or probably Sup Forums for that matter.

money derives it's value from the ability of the issuer to create demand for it

one good way is to levy taxes in a currency only you issue

Except for the fact that there are many things that are better to have than gold in such a scenario, like, I dunno, guns and fucking ammo. Want food? Shoot it or use bullets to barter for it. Want gold? Shoot the guy who has it but no guns. Want water? Barter with bullets or shoot people that have it. Guns are a superior apocalyptic investment, along with medicine, a greenhouse, an off-the-grid power system, and a well.

because when society is restored he can sell the gold he stole from you. but no one is going to give you jack shit for it. People will kill you for gold, jewlery, watches, etc. but they won't trade you desperately needed staples.

>but what if they did
then you'd be le happy merchanted so hard jews for 100 miles would have spontaneous erections. a TON of rice costs like $400. an oz of gold in your pocket pre shtf could be turned into 3-4 TONS of rice. post shtf you're looking at hyperinflation so badly it makes the zimbabwe economy look stable.

it's like you're a 12 year old who's never lived through a localized disaster to see people selling $90 harbor freight generators for $1200 out of the back of a truck.

you retards don't understand that gold is a good way to keep wealth transportable, not liquid.

need to flee the country like a jew in 1938? 50k in bullion is easy to keister than 50,000 now worthless marks
fearful of a zimbabwe tier scenario where 1billion dollars won't buy a can of coke? gold bought 20 years ago is a guard from hyperinflation

what it isn't is currency, let alone currency in an active disaster scenario.

>when society is restored
Top kek. What makes you think you won't be long gone?

Gold was always and is currently money.

>Only while people agree it is. Like with any money.

True, but the 5,000 year track record of excellence gives me (and everyone else on this planet besides couple of no-gold owning retards like you) full confidence. Can you say the same for paper "money?"

>Huuuurrrrrr that paper you say has value is worthless!
>Here, use this shiny rock instead!

Money is an inherently fictitious concept based on substituting a token of value in place of physical trade goods to expedite an exchange between parties. It's literally just a shortcut we made up thousands of years ago because direct bartering was too slow. What you use to represent value is largely irrelevant.

Now, is gold better than paper money for that purpose? Not really, because of its relative rarity. In order for us to switch back to a gold standard, each piece of gold would have to be valued exponentially more than it currently is worth to the point of absurdity. Would you want to live in a system where stealing your grandpa's gold fillings made you worth more than the economy of a 3rd world country?

gold in vault tied to your card
youtube.com/watch?v=td7K76IzLvo

>the benevolence of mankind will keep my life and gold safe...

kek, people will be sucking marrow from your bones with that attitude come some mad max apocalipse cuckanon.

you are entirely correct but discussing money (and the ramifications thereof) on Sup Forums = ocean of piss

kind of hoping that it will change but i wouldn't bet on it

You are a retard and this is your first day posting here. I already have more guns than I can carry, would have to leave (most of) them behind in the happening.

You carry your life savings in "Ammo" on your back when you make a run for it retard. Just how far can you carry 900 cases of ammo?

>thinks society will entirely collapse forever
>buys gold instead of guns, ammo, and land with an active farm capable of letting 2-4 people subsist

wew

What makes your gold more valuable than my guns, food, ammo, etc? Do you honestly think there is any reason I'd give you food or weapons for your shiny rocks? And what is stopping me from killing you for your shiny rocks? I have everything you would want to get with your nigger-tier thinking- food, shelter, power, protection- yet were too stupid to buy because you thought rocks would get you everything in a pinch.

>We could live in a world where we invested our resources in mining asteroids and have an unlimited amount gold/silver/platinum but instead we live in the crappy real world which is slowly descending into chaos