Now, a staple of the superhero mythology is there's the superhero and there's the alter ego...

Now, a staple of the superhero mythology is there's the superhero and there's the alter ego. Batman is actually Bruce Wayne, Spider-Man is actually Peter Parker. When that character wakes up in the morning, he's Peter Parker. He has to put on a costume to become Spider-Man. And it is in that characteristic Superman stands alone. Superman didn't become Superman. Superman was born Superman. When Superman wakes up in the morning, he's Superman. His alter ego is Clark Kent. His outfit with the big red "S", that's the blanket he was wrapped in as a baby when the Kents found him. Those are his clothes. What Kent wears – the glasses, the business suit – that's the costume. That's the costume Superman wears to blend in with us. Clark Kent is how Superman views us. And what are the characteristics of Clark Kent? He's weak, he's unsure of himself, he's a coward. Clark Kent is Superman's critique on the whole human race.

Quentin Tarantino hasn't read a Superman comic made past the 50s: the soliloquy

or maybe Bill hasn't because he's fucking Bill and doesn't read comic books

still awesome though

Jesus get to the fucking point already Bill

Has any real person?

Bill's gun was retarded

This is a common theme in Superman, and a lot if cape media still, it's a poignant monologue. Besides, the point is to say, "Bitch, you are a killer at heart," anyway.

Maybe he shouldn't be talking about comics then and get on with killing the woman whose wedding he ruined cuz of his oneitis

>Sup Forums gets triggered

They're also from different superhero universes so they shouldn't even be compared either.

Good. Nobody over the age of 12 should read comics

>Besides, the point is to say, "Bitch, you are a killer at heart," anyway.

That makes no sense since Superman was raised as Clark Kent, and only found out about his heritage later, he does not just throw that away upon learning he's Kryptonian.

Bill's speech is just outdated as hell.

And Beatrix was raised as a normal young woman and only turned assassin later. You're getting hung up on the text, not the subtext to which it refers.

What was the point of this talk in context of the movie?

It's literally the opposite of this. Super man is really Clark Kent, and he has to put on the disguise of Superman in order to help people. Bruce Wayne died with his parents and Batman was born, but he puts on the disguise of Bruce Wayne to interact with the world. Fucking Tarantino.

Sup Forums gets triggered when uno farto gets picked on for not knowing shit about fuckall

I guess unless it's something you care about it's ok to just blabber on like it's the truth, forget facts amirite ladies?

>And Beatrix was raised as a normal young woman and only turned assassin later.

Then Bill is STILL wrong, dorkus

literally muh pop culture reference

>muh subtext

Give me a break

To make an explicit metaphore on the whole point of the movie and to show how clever Tarantino's writing is when The Bride interrupts him while he talks and him stops every now and then to talk about the stuff he injected her

There wasn't one. Tarantino does this a lot. Shit he thinks about while high on coke at 4AM that he thinks is a good point. Then he just throws it into whatever script he's working on at the time.

Apparently he got very high while woring on Hateful Eight since half the movie is "muh lincoln letter" dialogue repeated over and over with no variations whatsoever

>tarantino reads too much into DC
>retards with no taste love tarantino
>DC fans read too much into BvS
>therefore, DC fans are... Tarantino

Why was she crying in the final scene? What was the point of classroom flashback?

>Why was she crying in the final scene?
Are you sure you watched the movie?

good for him, for a moment I thought he was a manchild

The entire backstory of Superman posits that an alien race somehow evolved to have superpowers, but only when in a completely different solar system than their own.

Lesson: It's best not to overthink capeshit

The point of this monologue is that it said a lot about Bill's worldview. The fact that he viewed a lawful good character like Superman as some condescending phony shows how irredeemably villainous he is. His lack of empathy is straight up sociopathy. Beatrix might have believed him before she got pregnant but she had experienced enough to know the kind of person she truly was, far more than Bill did.

Nope, she didn't believe he could commit a massacre before he actually did it.

>He's weak, he's unsure of himself, he's a coward. Clark Kent is Superman's critique on the whole human race.

Or he really looks like Superman with glasses so he actively behaves in the most contrary way possible to avoid suspicion.

Alternatively
>He's weak, he's unsure of himself, he's a coward. Clark Kent is a Kansas farmboy's critique on effete coastal city-dwellers.
But also yes.

That's a really intriguing take on it, thanks. I love this community.

She's a killer and for her to run away from that would be folly, a mere pastiche of what she considers to be a normal life.
He definitely went off on a tangent though.

shut the fuck up

It was. What was the point of a truth serum? The scene could have gone on and I would never have thought "man this is definitely shit Beatrix would lie about." Just show how she's done lying to the man. Don't have him shoot people full of glowing green liquid

>tarantino after jackie brown

wew lad

This speech is hokey and doesn't fit cleanly within the movie. The truth serum is just ridiculously stupid. There's a line between stylishly over the top and ridiculous, this scene crosses it. It breaks immersion in the movie.

The whole bit about the truth serum was unneeded and I feel without it or the stupid Superman speech, it would have been a better scene.

But still, the Bill showdown after being hyped for 2 movies and about 3 hours is such a disappointing letdown to a fairly amazing couple of movies.

I feel it has elements that work. Her meeting her daughter at the door while she pretends to gun her mom down is pretty epic. And I like that it ends with the 5 finger tap kill or whatever they call it. They could have written something much more compelling with those elements.

I'd say it knocks 2 pts out of ten off an otherwise pretty good movie. For me, Kill Bill Part 1 is 9/10. Part 2 is 6/10. I would have been willing to grant Part 2 an 8/10 but the ending is shitty and badly written. And that monologue is a big part of the problem.

>And I like that it ends with the 5 finger tap kill or whatever they call it.
That's actually the worst part.

It would have been good if we had some actual action going on in other parts of the movie
Kill Bill 2 action scenes consist entirely of an eye torn out,5 finger tips a shotgun blast and some Pai Mei torturing

I like that though. The two movies are microcosms of what Tarantino does well. You know to go to the first one for ultraviolence, and the second for good dialogue. The halves seem split this way for a reason.

>It would have been good if we had some actual action
>we

Speak for yourself you cinema illiterate! Stick to flicks!

Part 2 should have just ended with her getting back together with Bill and realizing that revenge was pointless when she could live happily in a nice villa with Bill and her daughter.

i dont remember the whole movie desu

give me an upboat fellow rediturd xDDDD

What was the point of that annoying BEEEEEP when they reveal her real name 10 minutes later?

I know, it' a really clever way of viewing it that likely had nothing to do with why it was put in the film.

>Sup Forumsumblr gets mad because someone hasn't kept up with the 49492748 issues of their favorite manchild fantasy picture book

I feel that this 2 part movie was basically a lot like when a band makes a 2 part album set....

It follows this formula, they film 2 movies worth of material or record 2 albums. They realize they have a really solid movie/album and than some other stuff that needs to be worked on and polished a bit more before release. They release the first album/movie to critical acclaim (think: Kill Bill 1, Use Your Illusion 1, Load). Then they intend to polish and rework some of the "B material" that was intended for the sequal or subsequent albums.... but a couple years passes, they just release the B material as part 2 when it was nothing but rejected tracks from the first and scenes that didn't quite fit or weren't quite as good.

I feel this was the case with Kill Bill part 2. The second is distinctly weaker and I've never heard anyone say otherwise. Though I do really like parts of it. The part where she gets captured by Budd and buried is fun, the flashback to her training, but the rest is weaker. The finale of it the weakest point, and that whole superman speech never should have made the final cut....

How does QT get decent performances out of actors whose only other credits are sub-Corman B-movie trash?

Even Uno farto flicks are higher up on the entertainment totem pole than capeshit comics so I don't see how Bill's personal interpretation of Superman is invalid

it's literally cut in two right down the middle against the directors wishes

Don't talk shit about my boy Mike