I still can't believe the Eagles actually won a Superbowl

I still can't believe the Eagles actually won a Superbowl.

Same here. It's even better when you're an out of town fan and everyone's been super kind to you these past few days because of the Iggs

I haven't stopped thinking about it since the game ended.
I'm just sitting here smiling like a fucking faggot over it.
I'm so happy.

it was a necessary evil victory

And I still can't believe Nick Fucking Foles got the ring and not Donovan McNabb, the guy who got me into football in the first place.

I've watched the game its entirety twice, the Inside the NFL twice, and I'm still checking all my news sources just as hard if not harder thani did during the season forever damn article I can read about it

McCoy was furious at Chip Kelly when he got traded. I wonder how he feels now.

I had a friend from philly who was a decided lions fan.... I wonder what he's feeling now.

The Iggles tried to get him back this season too.

It is kind of surreal, isn't it? After all these years, it finally fucking happened. I was genuinely convinced the Eagles would never actually win it all.

>Inside the NFL
where can I watch this

This will be out in a month. The league itself may be a shitshow, but they still produce quality documentaries.

Same. All my life I never thought they would actually win it. That was just how it is.

I literally teared up when brady's last pass hit the ground

I had no emotional reaction the whole game until Brandon Graham knocked the ball out of Brady's hands. It was only then that I completely lost my mind knowing they could actually win it. I haven't acted that autistic since I was a kid desu.

it's on Showtime. I'm watching the replay right now.

after seeing 28-3 last year my jubilation was tempered immediately. I said 'oh my god they actually did it, the absolute madmen' when the clock hit zero though

>28-3

Exactly my reasoning. Halftime was a chore to get through, though my normie coworkers tell me Timberlake was just as boring as I thought he was.

Probably about the same as most Lions fans feeling. Miserable and blaming everyone else for the fact that they're shit.

Stafford is elite. The Lions have their QB for the next ten years - that's the easy part. Just build around him.

Because they didn't

>mfw the Pats won the popular vote

I still can't believe this happened.

If they can keep him healthy. Stafford gets banged around so much that it's hard to say sometimes. Despite being a Packers fan I do like watching them when they do well because it means good competition. Also seeing them suffer through the years has just become kind of sad at this point. Since the division split they've never finished in 1st and of the three times they have made it to the playoffs (basically their only three winning seasons in 15 years) they've never made it past the Wild Card.

I feel so bad how everyone was doubting him. The amount of times he was made fun of was just ridiculous. He always had it in him. I really do feel like everyone owes him an apology.

Loins with a decent o line would be a dangerous team. That organization is just incapable of getting their shit together. By the time they do, Stafford will be Brady's age and would have already quit the same age as Barry Sanders. They're the Browns of the NFC.

Seems like yesterday we were laughing at Chip Kelly.

The Patriots may have been too smart to win the Super Bowl.

>mfw in 15 hours, I'll be witness to a parade I never dreamed I'd ever see IRL

Jags, Browns, Lions, Vikings, Texans, etc. You have my sword from now on. I want you to know this feel. It's better than you can even imagine.

I'd say their more like the chorgors at this point than the browns because while they are pretty much the most lost team in the NFC at this point they still show sparks of life every once and a while only to get dicked by the worst play calling in history and some cog in their machine that isn't working.

All the female Eagles "fans" where I work have been gloating all week about how much better Foles is than Brady. One even thought it was Clement, a fucking running back, not Graham, who knocked the ball out of his hands, in the deciding play of the game.

These are "people" who don't understand that 33 points is usually enough for any team to win in the owl, but I won't let them bring me down. Eagles won, baby

Rivers is another elite QB that will never get his due because his team is consistently shit. "Parity" doesn't factor in front office competency in Goddell's league.

no way I'd watch that shit. I was catching some japanese programming on NHK at the time

>no way I'd watch that shit

Kino choice. The best part was Prince, which was wrong in at least two kinds of ways.

It honestly drives me up the wall. Packers are my main team as I've lived in Wisconsin all my life but chargers have always been my second favorite because of my dad. Seeing them suffer because of complete front office ineptitude has been painful. I'm glad Brees got out when he did because if he didn't he probably would have retired already.

4 for 4 Philly guy here and my god is it sweet. I'm going to be at the parade tomorrow soaking it all in and its going to be awesome.

I can't say I have the feeling of total euphoria I did when the Phillies won in 2008, but that was because that was the first major championship I ever saw in this city so I will always rank that as #1 but damn is this one not freaking awesome too.

Hopefully you can make it out to the parade, it's going to be unreal.

>I can't say I have the feeling of total euphoria I did when the Phillies won in 2008

I wasn't alive in 1980 either, and I was also at the '08 parade, but the Eagles will never win the Super Bowl for the first time ever again. This will literally never happen again.

>Andy Reid convinced Nick Foles not to retire
>Andy Reid is the one who said the team should hire Doug Pederson

I'm not sure how I should feel about this

Already preordered

I feel like I should cry with how much I love this team, but I have a rule against crying over sports

I think Foles is going to the Giants, but if the NFL has any interest in actual narratives, he'll go to the Chiefs and win another owl within 3 years.

I have a locked box full of newspapers and memorabilia for the 2008 Phillies and I am building the same kind of box for the 2017-2018 Eagles. You are right about never seeing the first Eagles super bowl ever again, that is going to be a box of history.

Now we just need the Flyers and Sixers to bring one home.

There were so many things that came full circle with this team. It was so perfect.

I don't think another team will ever be as beloved in this city as the 2017-2018 Eagles

Pederson just needs to keep them motivated

Even down to the fact that our GOAT QB got injured and the team became underdogs, It was as if it was written into the city's lore.

I love this team.

>Pederson was the only one of the Eagles' staff to scout Foles and was the one who suggested drafting him.

>I don't think another team will ever be as beloved in this city as the 2017-2018 Eagles

The mid-70s Flyers and it's not even close.

Also the fact that Wentz going down meant there was no pressure on this team. They were expected to lose which is probably why they played so loose.

If Wentz never went down and won the MVP the pressure on them as the #1 seed would have been huge and who knows how they would have handled it.

Yeah this. I don't like when people make statements like "no team will ever be as beloved as this team".

It was only 10 years ago when everybody in Philly was ready to give their first born up to Utley, Howard, JRoll, Victorino, and Hamels. That was a pretty beloved team. My dad also never stopped talking about the 1980 Phillies and the Broad Street Bullies as you brought up already.

I ever remember my grandfather saying that the best athletes Philly will ever see were Jimmie Fox for the Philadelphia A's and Steve Van Buren for the 2 time NFL championship Eagles in the 1940's.

Don't get me wrong, I love this Eagles team but lets not be so quick to shit on the past.

I know but I honestly think this team passes them.

I don't view it as shitting on the past. My favorite eagle ever is probably concrete charlie just because of the lore but this is the eagles team of OUR time and its ok that we have new legends. Lane Johnson, Jason Kelce, Zach Ertz, even Jalen fucking Mills. Super bowl LII champions. They even avenged T.O. and Westbrook and Dawkins and McNabb.

>tfw 49er fan, but live in oakland

Was at an Owl party filled with Raider fans.
I Literally sat on my friend's couch and shouted "Ain't no tuck rule this time, bitch" when that fumble happened. If this is how the Pats dynasty ends, it'll be like fucking pottery.

Who's going to the parade tomorrow? I wasn't going to, but my dad got Patco tickets this morning and I learned that my boss is going, so fuck it.

Oh yeah, like I said, don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore this Eagles team but I just don't want to rate any team that had the talent and the heart to bring our starved city a title above another one. I remember being on Cloud 9 in 2008 for example as well.

Funny that you bring up the Reid era teams since when Brad Lidge struck out Eric Hinske in 2008 the first thing I screamed out in the bar I was at was "YOU ARE FORGIVEN MITCH WILLIAMS!!". This year, when Brady's Hail Mary fell to the ground the first thing I screamed was "YOU ARE FORGIVEN REID AND MCNABB!!".

Corny I know but its like, now that I have seen a title and have felt that joy I can appreciate those Reid era teams for just how good and consistent they were instead of feeling nothing but disappointment for them not winning the big one. Just like I can view the 1993 Phillies for just how damn fun that team was now instead of cursing the damn goose that Williams threw to Joe Carter.

Yes I completely understand what you mean. Just a sense of vindication. Doug Pederson is obviously an Andy Reid pupil as well. Foles leading it was just the icing on the cake. Oh and dethroning those masshole cunts.

That’s what gave him the fuel he needed I think. When the world doubts you, what more do u want than to prove them all wrong?

im not even a football guy. only sport i watch even somewhat religiously is baseball & the phillies. I check the eagles score every week, but thats about it. It's pretty amazing the way I felt when I watched them win. If that's how I felt, I can't even begin to imagine how hardcore fans, noticeably my father felt inside.
Also the more I read into Foles and his career, I love him more. What a guy.

My father is from South Philly and worships those Flyers. All the guys like him I know totally loved the violence of that team, and it's spawned a cult following that has persisted for decades.

I do think the Eagles have a broader appeal, though. One more bowl would absolutely clinch them as the most beloved but as it is, it's been the biggest story in Phila sports history already.

In reality the Eagles season wasn't THAT impressive, they just got lucky at opportune times desu

We all knew Nick Foles would pick it back up in the only team he's ever played well in

>We all knew Nick Foles would pick it back up in the only team he's ever played well in
Um, no we did not my friend. The only lucky thing to happen was landing home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Both of those games could've easily been flip-flopped, especially playing the domebabbies in their dome.

Foles played well altogether in Philly before Chip Kelly, finished with huffing paint, traded him for Shit Bumsford

>only tearing up

When this happened I literally ran outside, fell into the grass and started crying

T. Clevelander

Because some black people put a ball in a cup, lol

OK? Don't lie and say your heart didn't explode when Wentz went down.

Anyway, how does that make this eagles season less impressive? The birds lost Sproles, Peters, Hicks and Sturgis too. Wentz still broke the TD record. This was one of the most winningest seasons ever. They outdueled the GOAT. I really can't think of anything lucky other than maybe getting ajayi but the only reason we needed him was due to bad luck.

>Apehoop fans

Jesus faggot get some testosterone

I was at a friend of a friend's place for the game. He's a lifelong Pats fan. He didn't talk the entire time, and when the game was over, he immediately shut the TV off and turned out all the lights and left the house. He came back like 20 minutes later, exclaimed he had work in the morning, and told everyone to leave.

Fuck, what a fun game that was.

I heard these exact fucking words about the 08 phillies and the very next year we were spitting on those guys

No way someone is this autismo

NBA Finals are the least exciting championship endings in sports. They just stand around and wait for the clock to run out.
There are never exciting clinches. It's the worst.
At least divegrass occasionally ends on penalty kicks.

What did everyone do in the dark house when he left?

T. Did not watch the 2016 NBA finals

Turned the lights back on and laughed about it. Figured he was smoking outside, but his car was gone. When he told everyone to leave, he didn't even say anything to anyone. He just started putting the food into the kitchen and tossing all the drinks out, empty or not.

2016 NBA finals was maybe the greatest story ever told by sports. This is coming from an apehoop hater

>2016 NBA finals was maybe the greatest story ever told by sports

"no"

they should have missed the playoffs that year, they'd have been remembered more fondly than they were for losing four straight to the fucking yankees

You mean Iggles?

Did everyone talk shit about him?

I just wanna say congrats to the Eagles and rejoice eagles fans! You have now tasted the sweetest victory! Congrats Eagles fans. I’m very happy for you!

I screamed "OH MY GOD" at the top of my lungs when Graham caused the Brady fumble. I knew the game wasn't over at that point, though. When the final pass feel to the ground, I couldn't believe that they actually won. I thought I would never see the day, but I'm glad I can now cross off one thing I wanted to see before I die.

Most of my family are Eagles fans, including all four of my grandparents. They're all in their 80s or near there, so I felt that this might have been the last chance for them to see them win. I am so glad that they got to see that before they pass away.

>Couldn't call off work for tomorrow
Hope the rest of you have fun. I'll record the parade on TV.

That's a dumb rule
I started crying when Graham strip sacked Brady because I thought it was game fucking over. I calmed down afterwards, but then when we won I started bawling again like a little baby.
In that moment, I was truly euphoric, not even memeing dude.

>what is the word 'maybe'
it is absolutely one of the greatest

I honestly wanted to cry, but I didn't right when it happened. At least not right away. I went out and got something to eat at a nearby Wendy's right afterwards, and there was a horde of Eagles fans there celebrating. That's when it truly hit me.

Times you’ve cried at sports go

>OSU beats Bama in the semi final
>OSU beats Oregon in the NCG
>Cleveland beats GS in the finals
>Browns win Super Bowl XCVIII

I would cry if I lived in Cleveland, too

I’m from CBus m8

Like that's fucking better

Certainly better than Riotdelphia

>celebrating one ring this hard

Absolutely pathetic. Like a starving man celebrating a McDonald's hamburger he found on the bus

Sounds like something worth celebrating

The long term significance of this super bowl win is that it is one of the few years where a backup QB won it all. In all of those years, the new QB had an amazing defense.

>Earl Morrall Colts Super Bowl V
>Jim Plunkett Raiders Super Bowl XV
>Doug Williams Skins Super Bowl XXII
>Jeff Hostetler Giants Super Bowl XXV

And now Foles and the Iggles join that club.

Are these actually any good? I assumed it'd be kind of kitsch from the cover or just something you leave up on the shelf without watching. Are they by the NFL films guys?

Staubach, Bradshaw, and Brady were also backups in their first super bowl seasons.

yeah but they took over real early in the season. That Bradshaw season he was being benched more for political reasons.

There is also Kurt Warner who took over in preseason after the starter broke his leg.

But all of those guys were starters from early on in the season. To take over after week 8 and win is rare.

I don't know about those other QB's but even before Wentz's injury Foles was considered arguably the best backup in the league, and better than a handful of starters.

Jim Plunkett took over week 5 (6 as a starter). But that also just kinda makes your list even smaller, so I guess you have a point.

I didn't even realize the clock was at zero. My eyes were locked on that ball until I saw it rolling on the turf. Then I looked down and saw what the clock said. "FINAL"

I work an odd schedule where I go 8 days straight and then get 6 off. I was able to take Sunday to drive an hour and a half back to where I grew up to watch the game with my family. Wouldn't have wanted to spend it with anybody else.

Doug Williams was a legit USFL star who would have been good enough to start on about half the teams.

Hostetler was a career backup who rose to prominence with the Giants because of his mobility but wasn't that great per se.

Morrall was the perennial backup to Johnny U.

Plunkett was a draft bust who backed up Kenny the Snake Stabler a few years before guiding the stacked Raiders to a SB win. Couldn't throw a spiral but was gutsy and came through in big games.

Foles is probably most like Plunkett. Immobile, gutsy, decent but not great arm, previous history of near-bust status.

>browns winning super bowl 98
that's a bit optimistic tbqh

i was so fucking happy for sproles, peters, etc

the defensive backs in the end zone looked like they couldn't believe the clock ran out either. They looked really dazed and confused after Brady's pass to Gronk was knocked away and just sort of wandered out of the end zone looking around blankly.

I was equally sad for shady, DJax, maclin etc