What are some European/South American criticisms of American sports that you consider valid or agree with?

what are some European/South American criticisms of American sports that you consider valid or agree with?
>NFL has way too many commercial breaks
>the NBA carnival atmosphere (scripted comedy segments in the crowd, DJ constantly playing pop hits and telling people to clap) is horrible and cringey
>its retarded that a team can just entirely leave a city and move to a new one with no penalty

also, im kind of halfway on the issue of drafting vs relegation. on one hand i think the draft is generally good, but on the other hand when you get a situation like the Cleveland Browns it really makes the European relegation system seem pretty attractive.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GE0z6b8Y6Gg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Commercial breaks is the only valid one. All others are objectively wrong.

>Browns get relegated
>the Grand Rapids Tiger-Sharks of the Arena Football League are promoted
Makes sense.

Kek

Franchise vs. Pro-Rel works depending on the situation. NFL Franchises work because the sport is fairly expensive and the NCAA-to-NFL pipeline is far more interesting than if we had lower pro divisions. Why bother rooting for a lower-tier pro team when you could root for your college team?

I do however think USSF needs to reform MLS, USL, etc. into a pro-rel pyramid. We have enough teams and divisions, they just don't have mobility because of the way MLS ownership works. It could happen sometime in our lifetime but it'll be an uphill battle, since completely reforming MLS against the will of the investors would be a shitshow.

I like pro/rel because I get tired of seeing the same teams every year, I’m tired of seeing the browns suffer every year, and I think it’ll be good to see teams from smaller cities that actually care about the sport. Real San Franciscans and miamians don’t care about football, give it to a city like Grand Rapids who actually cares.

However, high school and college sports has become part of American culture at this point, and i wouldn’t want to destroy a culture

national anthem
glorifying the military at sporting events
muh flag

You sound like a fag

Every single one of those could go and I would not mind a single bit. If the world suddenly got involved with American Football and it turned into an international thing than fine when playing international teams in the US but outside of that no.

you're australian

go to sleep, chizuru

>chizuru
i don't know what that word means, hitler

>glorifying the military at sporting events
this
it's very 3rd World-ish, tBh

especially since the us hasn't been involved in a meaningful, justifiable conflict since WWII

>it is weird that we play the national anthem before every game
>american professional leagues are overtly profit-oriented and always have been
>after some point, the draft system actively encourages sucking, even if teams don't do it
>"franchises" are, in fact, objectively retarded and plastic
>our chants/songs usually suck

wut

Damn, I lost my right to a speedy and fair trial when Vietnam turned communist.

>our chants/songs usually suck
we don't give a crud

This. I can't tell why some defend it relentlessly. Using the anthem just because seems more like banalizing it rather than being an patriotic act

shut the fuck up faggot
read thucydides and then kys

>Foreigner trumpcucks

You're an embarrassment

D F E N C E!
F
E
N
C
E

>thucydides
fuck off back to Sup Forums, bannon

Anthem would be fine and even add to the importance to events of it was used sparingly such as only playoff/championship games. Maybe you go throwback Puritan on everyone's assets and only play it on Sundays.

But playing it in game 92 of the MLB regular season on a Wednesday afternoon is too much. I simply change the channel not because I have an ideological stance either way, it just gets tiresome as fuck to hear it. It's suppose to have meaning when it plays

>(scripted comedy segments in the crowd, DJ constantly playing pop hits and telling people to clap) is horrible and cringey

that's literally all american sports though

>implying I root for that inane fucker
>germany in charge of not being retarded

Because poor people live shit lives, clinging to stuff like this helps you delude yourself about how life is going.

>poor people live shit lives
wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=GE0z6b8Y6Gg

I dont care for amateur sports

Relegation in handegg won't work just due to how handegg was made.

Relegation in MLS is something that should have happened, but because the MLS is run like the NFL they use the shitty draft system and are at the mercy of the NCAA

but yeah NFL had too many God damn commercials

Also this. The Anthem should be saved for special occasions, like the Super Bowl

>German libcucks

the names
american club names are so fucking cringy

I'm very conflicted about this, because I both dislike those things but also generally dislike the people who dislike them.

>no fun allowed
>in a literal game

You can dislike those things and not be a complete soyboy about it too. When people complain about players kneeling during the anthem because "don't bring politics into sports" that same argument is counter intuitive because military glorification, the national anthem, and the flag are all political so by extension should be gone as well.

america was a mistake
why was she even in a mobility scooter?
do all americans internalize being fat?

Because people are lazy as fuck. I injured my back playing American football in college and some lazy fat fuck like this tried to take the wheel chair I was in because "she had a disability and I clearly didn't." Personally I think people like this shouldn't get to park in disability parking spots but be forced to park at the back of parking lots so they can get a little bit of much required exercise they need.

lmao americans are disgusting

the south was a mistake

so wait, are you telling me that a player will be 'drafted' to a failing team because they're failing? so the best player gets 'drafted' to the worst team? and the player has presumably not much say in it because otherwise the 'draft' system wouldn't work? someone explain how this isn't insane

Yes, in football at least, the team with the worst record picks 1st and the team who won the super bowl picks 32nd. The team who drafts the player gets the players signing rights and the player can't sign with anyone else. If the player refuses to sign they can hope the team trades them to someone else or retire. Its meant to force parity.

Whole nation gives off the vibe of being loyal customers 2bh

Honestly who likes all those flashy gay ass things that go on at every NBA game? Shit is so annoying.

>who likes all those flashy gay ass things
Blacks.