What the fuck was Christopher's problem? Handed everything, clear successor...

What the fuck was Christopher's problem? Handed everything, clear successor, forgiven many times even when he nearly killed the boss and still he managed to fuck everything up time and time again

Also general Sopranos thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SKrTLcqwDEM
youtube.com/watch?v=4gLW5ICEnik
youtu.be/2GCQnTPF4_o
youtube.com/watch?v=qEI71lvQGYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZcwW31LEqh4
youtube.com/watch?v=tPxSLXTWy-E
youtube.com/watch?v=hWWuUvl5H5I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He was always the runt of the litter. He had everything but couldn't handle people making fun of him and generally treating him like a retarded little kid.

I also don't feel like he was able to handle murder as well as the other guys. The more people he kills, the more heroin he does. He can't detach.

youtube.com/watch?v=SKrTLcqwDEM

His addiction probably screwed everything up

>Goes to Italy
>Constantly going on about "seeing that fucking volcano"
>Spends it getting jacked up on H

>Kills the fucking guy who wrote his shitty movie plus didnt even put him in the credits

His mommy was an alcoholic and his daddy a junkie.

I love how if you look at this from Chris' perspective, that explanation is still sketchy as fuck.

Tony being mad as fuck that he is being accused for something that he didn't do but totally was 100% about to do, claiming innocence is just too much.

>"I would never go near that girl"

you sack of shit

Sopranos is so great

Did the retired cop kill his dad?

Was Dickie Moltisanti more than a nostaligified glorified drug addict?

He utilized Tony as a father figure since he never knew his own father. Tony is a sociopathic narcissist so Chris was completely devoid of any fatherly guidance in his life.

Indeed based user.

Ambiguous.
It's unknown

>Re-watch the old glow friends cartoon show from when I was a kid
>The antagonists, the Moleigans, are eerily-similar to the Sopranos

we can speculate

no arc

So Tony had Christopher as his "successor" because they're partly blood related?

Bit shitty how he always fucked shit up

He was severely addicted to heroin.

>for da kids

tony is such a shit

Even though they had an epic feud lasting the entire show I think Paulie and Christopher always liked each other, ying and yang, needed each other. He probably felt bad about always breaking his balls hence the whole shit with the cat. Was Paulie just jealous that Christopher got so much attention and shit handed to him by tony?

>Silvio with the megaphone

hahahahahaahha

Tony treated him as a son and made him dependent like that; but of course he wasn't Tony's son, and Tony was pretty happy to treat the relationship as "just business" when it suited him

This. He was just an insecure motherfucker because he didn't have real family.

Yes Paulie was obviously jealous of the attention.

It's pretty sick, and I think Tony's overreacting at Chris was because he knew he had been caught.

Chris in the earlier seasons had this glorified view of the mafia. Basically he thought of it like The Godfather films with sacred oaths and secret society and whatnot. In reality, as he later came to understand, it was just a bunch of sweaty fat people in the back of a stripclub and a pork store. Tony was grooming Chris to be middle management (which Tony should have realized that Chris was not smart enough for), but Chris just wanted the swagger and glory.

Being a good mobster and wanting fame don't mix. Chris was alienated and depressed as fuck and didn't have enough impulse control or brains to not keep fucking up. Little Carmine was dumber than Chris (don't meem me on this), yet managed to just lay low and do nothing in particular, which should have been Chris' long term plan.

And to think that the one time Tony actually DIDN'T do something, he still gets the fucking drama.

Also, why do I get the feeling that if a Capo in New York had shot Lupertazzi's car up, and then clicked the empty gun at him, the Capo would be dead within the hour.

I don't blame New York for looking down on the Sopranos family as "pygmy shit".

Tony killed Chris, but he also killed him over the years. Crushing his dreams of writing, judging him for his addiction while at the same time criticizing him for stayin clean, being one step away for fucking his fiancée then having her executed. Tony was a piece of shit

Little Carmine is really dumb, I love his quotes

>"You're very observant: the sacred and the propane."

>"You're at a precipice of an enormous crossroads."

Tony just constantly wanted Chris to be under his thumb, dependent.

Tony couldn't better himself, and if Chris in any way made progress, that just lessened Tony's power over him.

I can't remember the exact line, but I die every time Carmine says "A pint of blood costs more than a gallon of gold", cut to Tony wincing and rolling his eyes.

Johnny Sack calling him a disgusting retarded cocksucker is also hilarious every time.

Everybody knows that while Tony didn't do it, he would have. The intent was there.

Why didn't he just take the FBI deal and go away with Adriana? Do you think he even gave it serious consideration or did he love the gangster life too much?

Also did he have many "underlings"? I know Paulie and Sil had lots but did Christopher have like his own "family" or something since he was a made guy? Like grunts working directly for him?

And because he needs to retain the support of everybody else. If the others know that Tony tried to get with Chris's bird then the others might try and plot against him. At the very least they'll start asking questions, "do we want this sort of guy leading the family? Maybe we should try and get somebody else in there"

It's lonely at the top and the king always has to make sure those below him are on his side. Or he'll get overthrown.

Chris has a line in season 6, he says something about Tony getting his teeth wet, so fucking dumb.

And while little Carmine is stupid, he played the field. At the end, there's a good chance he would be boss of the family. Or Butchie, but still.

"Historically, historical changes have come from war"

>
fucking brainless the second

So Patsy played the long game, steady earner, married the boss's daughter with his own son, and when Tony died he took over, right? Possible even planned Tony's hit himself?

>couldn't handle people making fun of him
This is true, but he was also got an unreasonable amount of shit even when he was a made guy.

>unable to handle the murder.. more people he kills more heroin he uses.

I don't think that's true at all. He uses more like any addict, when he wants to feel good, usually to escape workplace stress. But murder had nothing to do with his stress, he is an absolute sociopath in that regard.

If anything Tony struggles with his murders, all the dreams, trying to justify Christopher's murder etc.

Chris is my favorite character in the show but ultimately he can't beat his addiction and it costs him his life.

Christopher isn't allowed to have underlings again after Chip and Dale tried to kill him.

>tfw you get BTFO so hard by Paulie that you turn to drugs to cope with the anal ravaging and end up getting killed by your boss

So what exactly did Tony "get" on his Peyote trip?

This

youtube.com/watch?v=4gLW5ICEnik

Paulie truly drove him over the edge

yes and only because he knew chris wouldnt get it out of his mind of what happenes with tony and adri and didnt want ten years to go by and chris clips him

Patsy is underrated
youtu.be/2GCQnTPF4_o

Finn Detrolio...My arch nemesis...

his mother was a whore

youtube.com/watch?v=qEI71lvQGYQ

He understood what was in the briefcase.

nothing, it's pretty clear in the next episode that it's just Tony making up meaning for his bullshit behaviour when he's telling the story to the guys.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZcwW31LEqh4

i'm not crying, i just have water in my eyes

youtube.com/watch?v=tPxSLXTWy-E

>any gunshot wounds or broken kneecaps?

fuck I love Mafia intimidation so much.

is there a single other show that does finales better than this? Just finished season 2 again

>That foreshadowing of the horse racing with Pussys ring and Dave Scatino asking Tony if hes ever ridden a horse

>Dave passing the gambling bug onto Tony with his mention of Vegas

>That as always perfect music choice for the credits

One of the big themes in Season 6B is that Tony keeps running into money problems through his obsession over money. He desperately wants cash and he keeps fucking himself up with gambling and bad debts and shit he should be able to control but he can't.

Then he goes to Vegas, does peyote and goes down to the roulette table completely fucked up with a 10/10 on his arm and just throws down some cash for the fuck of it and ends up winning tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of dollars. I think he understands that if he stops obsessing over the details in life and just lives without trying to be in control all the time then he will be better off.

>Carmela, I know I just killed Chri- I mean Chris just passed away in a tragic accident, but I need to go to an urgent business meeting in Las Vegas

>proceeds to drink, gamble, do mushrooms, and fuck Chris' ex

Tony really was the most complete cunt, wasn't he?

When I first saw the series, I figured that now that he had gotten rid of "one of the biggest mistakes/problems in his professional life", he was in for some good luck. Chris was a negative lucky-charm. That was what he got.

Now after seeing the show a few times, "I get it" loses more meaning every single time. He is just having a false epiphany signifying nothing other than narcissism.

That's at least how I feel about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=hWWuUvl5H5I

PARADE FLOAT

I think Tony was basically a 16 year old boy in a mans body. He just wanted to have fun and do whatever he wanted without any consequences.

I could definitely see that, but I think he did come to an amazing epiphany and then forgot it when he sobered up. I've done peyote and acid and shrooms and every time I think I've come to some amazing, life-changing viewpoint but then I forget it completely the next day. I think Tony could have come to an amazing conclusion about something in his life and then immediately forget about it.

Junkie.

You're high.
You too.

Christopher was deadly. He was a great shot. He was the guy who was your go-to for getting rid of a body. Pauline would have been killed b the Russian if not for Chris. The guy got ambushed twice in the show, once a drive by and the other time he was sitting down facing a shotgun, both times outnumbered. They each ended with Chris making a headshot on someone and the rest fleeing in failure. In the shotgun incident, he executed one of them after chasing him down, a kid, after the kid takes his mask off and pleads for his life telling Chris everything Chris shoots him in the face right in the middle of the street.

Christopher was a junkie. That's all, a product of his generation and a sample of why the mob is dying. Christopher told Tony not to idolize Chris' dad because he was a junkie, and that's all he was. And so was Chris. Tony saw that in the accident, that Chris would never stop and would keep fucking up, that his plans for Chris would fail because he isn't dependable. He is competent, just not reliable.

Is being responsible for this worth it for Finn to get that sweet perfectly thicc Mead pussy?

I feel like Paulie always viewed him like a brother

WATCH IT CHRISSY

ye

What really seals the deal for Chrissy, is that conversation with him and Tony over the grill at Chrissy's new house "stately Wayne Manor". The way Chrissy describes his father as an alcoholic junkie who squirted whatever the fuck up his arm, completely, finally, shatters the image of the legend of Dickie Moltisanti. Tony realizes then that Dickie was never any more than Chrissy right then and there. An alcoholic, a junkie. In that moment the real emotional bond between the two of them is shattered and Chrissy is nothing to Tony any more.

In all likelihood its entirely possible Johnny Boy had Dickie killed for reasons similar to why Tony killed Chrissy. He was an unreliable drug addict who couldn't be trusted.

For some reason I just can't see Butchie being the boss of New York for very long, he reminded me a lot of Silvio being a guy who works more in the shadows.

They actually aren't blood related at all. He's Carmela's 2nd cousin through Dickie Moltisanti and he's Tony Blundetto's 2nd or 3rd cousin through his mother Joanie, who is Tony B's cousin. Tony Soprano and Chrissy Moltisanti don't share any blood. It's a bit more complicated than I've laid out, but it's along those lines.

I never understood why the fireman was attracted to Vito

Drug addicts lack willpower and the ability to make good decisions.

Chrissy most certainly had underlings, the earliest being Benny. He is made acting captain in season 4 when Paulie is arrested and is a captain outright by seasons 5 or 6.

I thought to me that conversation was more about Christopher disregarding tradition and respecting those who came before you hence from then on Tony saw Christopher as part of the problem with the "next generation"

>Chrissy and Albert gunning down Dino Zerilli as he pleads and begs for his life

one of the most OG moments in the show. The wildly different expressions on each of their faces.

idk about any of that, it was mainly about the destruction of the hero image of Dickie Moltisanti built up in Tony's head and the true final sever between the two of them.

yeah he was pretty good looking (no homo) I don't understand why he'd want to bum some morbidly obese greaser.

H A M L E T
A
M
L
E
T

Addiction was the general theme of Christopher. Alcohol, smokes and shooting H.

He was overly ambitious but lacked the potential. He kept comparing himself (or his future self) to Tony, and for a while he did seem to become stable because he stopped trying too hard, but when he realized that he just didn't have what it took to be Tony he broke down altogether and brought his demise.

Vito Spatafore is an ASS muncher

you know Quasimodo predicted all this

Fanooks appreciate the T H I C C as much as anyone else m8

Tonys dad told him to never gamble.

Which he was doing, he just killed chris a made guy and faced no problems and basically got rid of problems (knowledge or ralphie, guilt of aidriana, etc)

Him winning along with peyote trip let him justify in his mind his heinous shit

It's similar to Vito who also got a real chance to escape the mafia life into safe obscurity. Both chickened out in the end, mostly because it was too much work.

Do you know how many times we were in the same bathroom together?

I doubt Butchie became boss, just because he was Phil's second. It was either one of the other powerful capos or actually Little Carmine as a compromise.

I accept this. It was dramatic.

Man after that war NJ was fucked. Even if you accept that Tony lives, he's fucked. Carlo turning states witness is probably enough to bring RICO charges against him. The most senior member is Paulie. Silvio and Bobby B we're both major assets and they're gone. You've got Patsy, but shit, for all we know he was the one behind the hit on Tony. The Soprano crime family was fucked.

God damn carlo and his dipshit son fucking everything up

I just want to thank you guys for these comfy sopranos threads. They keep me sane during a hard time in my life. I said my peace,go on and break my balls.

you forget Uncle Jun

He was going to do it until he saw the guy at the gas station with his family, looking miserable as hell. He couldn't give up the lifestyle.

Which is why it makes sense he ordered the hit on Tony. Carlo probably had very little on Patsy. Patsy's son was a world class lawyer. Blame everything on the shithead Carlo and his cokehead kids - silently become a glorified crew for one of the other five families since the Lupertasi as basically done after the whole Phil Affair.

Lol yeah he's gonna lead the family from the loony bin

His idealization of the old times, of the "strong, silent type" : it's all bullshit. Which is why he gambled in this episode. He did something his father (a iconic figure of the old times for him) told him never to do.

THEY'RE FUCKING STEALING MY EGGS, COCKSUCKER!

Regardless of Phils dumbass leadership, The Lupertassi family has more button men at its disposal, and more senior members. But thinking about it, Phil was honestly just as shitty a boss as tony with his prison entitlement and anger ruining everything

>me on the right

Many button men - sure, but no leaders. That's why they had to fall back on the Shah. Lil Carmine was a glorified pimp and after Phil... who was going to lead? Butch? Toothless Coco? Their territory was already shrinking by the end.

Another series showing the Lupertassi consumed by another NY Family would have been better than Vinyl.

this refers to what the professor guy says in the hospital about the two tornados not being seperate entities
tony "gets" that he's neither just the family guy nor just the cold mafia boss, but both at the same time

It's a shame his brains ended up sprayed all over Carm and AJ.

Would Tony be lucky if he still had his dick if she really sucked it during an accident like that?

But Meadow and his son arent married at the end of the series, so no heritage stuff here

How did Tony forget about the "remember the little things" statement he always said in the last episode? Maybe the start of dementia like uncle jun had?

Finn isnt responsible at all

>Would Tony be lucky if he still had his dick if she really sucked it during an accident like that?
Meadow was left without a Dad to pay for everything. Patsy's kid had cash.

I really think she dumped him to continue as a poor, probono lawyer for the moolies.