Red Letter Media is closing in on $17K a month on Patreon. How does this make you feel, Sup Forums?

Red Letter Media is closing in on $17K a month on Patreon. How does this make you feel, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w2ugxX1lh5A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pretty good, I think they've earned it.

Why does this fat grandpa-looking alcoholic hack fraud have a qt and I don't?

Rich's gf looks like more of a man than he does.

I was talking about Mike, the fuck.

>Rich
>alcoholic
Rich doesn't drink, yo.

They have 500K subscribers. That's about 3.4 cents per subscriber per month, or 41 cents per year.

For 41 cents a year, per subscriber, they provide a lot of quality entertainment (there are very few of their videos that I can't rewatch and I know that a lot of their fanbase feels the same way). That's a bargain, considering their out-of-pocket expenses (warehouse rental, taxes, equipment, etc...) eat up a huge chunk of their revenue.

So, I'm more than fine with this. I hope they can make more before their star falls.

>They have 500K subscribers. That's about 3.4 cents per subscriber per month, or 41 cents per year.
You literally have no clue what you're talking about.

Well they also make money off ad revenue, merchandise, and apparently twitch, which brings them in more money than anything aside from their patreon.

Their Plinkett review has entered the public consciousness for a while now. Like the founders of walmart and mcdonalds who have altered our culture in irreversible ways, Red Letter Media deserves to become extremely wealthy for basically declaring the average person's opinion of Star Wars in a way that is clear and understandable to all. Congrats RLM, you deserve it!

>twitch, which brings them in more money than anything aside from their patreon.
There is absolutely no way this is true. Pre Rec is the least popular thing RLM does and gets by far the least views. A dozen autistic fanboys that donate $2 every once in a while during a stream can in no way come close to $17K a month on Patreon.

People give them a lot of money on Twitch, I dunno.

>People give them a lot of money on Twitch, I dunno.
How do you know this? They get maybe a few dozen tips per stream. And most people tip about $2.

It makes me hopeful for more regular releases you fucks

I would love to see a more serious attempt at a feature from them. I haven't seen Space Cop yet, but I get the impression it was coated in the same layer of sarcasm that the skits in their other series usually are.

They obviously know their stuff, from theory to practice, plus now they're getting some serious dollars. Idk, I believe they could put together a really solid comedy.

They're too scared of it being bad and getting ripped apart. If they make something intentionally bad like Space Cop, they don't have to worry about it getting panned as they can tell themselves that they made it to be so. I genuinely think Mike would kill himself if he put his heart and soul into making a movie and people hated it.

>I would love to see a more serious attempt at a feature from them.
Why? That's like saying you wish Mel Brooks wouldn't have made all those comedies. Why would you want them to do something that doesn't interest them?

>They're too scared of it being bad and getting ripped apart
Have they ever said this? Or is it just your own autistic projection?

>I genuinely think Mike would kill himself if he put his heart and soul into making a movie and people hated it.
I genuinely think you're a fucking retard that takes this shit way too seriously.

>I wish those guys that clearly love doing comedy would stop doing comedy

i want their shitty horror movied to get STUCKMANIZED

Have you SEEN any of Stuckmann's attempts at filmmaking or screenwriting?

You literally missed the fucking point.

17K per month
500K subscribers

If each subscriber were to give 41 cents per year, then RLM would make 17K per month. Think about what that 41 cents would have purchased.

If your autistic brain seemed to think that I was saying that every subscriber already pays 41 cents per year to RLM, then you're a fucking mook.

I intentionally didn't include anything other than their Patreon money, simply because there's no clear way (other than looking at their taxes) to know just how much all of that stuff brings in.

But their operating costs are still very real and immediate. They're obviously putting that money to good use, since it seems that they purchase high quality equipment and maintain a fairly decent studio space. They're doing a piss poor job at being hack frauds (can they do anything right?).

>17k/month
>204k/year
>51k/year split 4 ways

it's split 4 ways right?

>it's split 4 ways right?
3. Mike, Jay and Rich. Pre Rec is a separate thing.

>17K per month
That's Patreon.

>500K subscribers
That's youtube.

I literally have no clue what point you think you're trying to make. They get money from Patreon and they also get money from ad revenue on youtube.

Are you suggesting that random people who don't watch their videos (videos that are hosted primarily on Youtube) are just donating to their Patreon?

Obviously, their patreon supporters are made of people who watch them on Youtube.

How is this so fucking difficult to understand?

Any way you slice it, Patreon has made them lazy.

>Obviously, their patreon supporters are made of people who watch them on Youtube.
The people that support them on Patreon also see ads before their videos (unless they use an adblocker of course).

Are you intentionally being retarded?

>Patreon has made them lazy.
How so?

Oh simply because you say so, right?

I doubt it's split evenly anyway. Rich is just an employee, so he probably gets like 40k.

Pre Rec is the most profitable arm of RLM. It's huge on Twitch. You're just judging it on YouTube archive views.

Once again, I will state that I intentionally left out their ad revenue because there's no direct way of knowing exactly what they make off of their ad revenue (without looking at their taxes, of course).

Quit being obtuse.

>It's huge on Twitch
They rarely even get 1000 viewers per stream. That's nothing on Twitch. Why are you trying to drive this narrative?

Jack, is that you?

If you're ignoring their youtube ad revenue, why bring up the amount of subscribers and factor that in at all?

They have slowed down their release schedule hugely plus when they do deign to release something, it's filled with repetitive, obvious, poorly-thought out opinions and "intentionally bad" humour.

>They have slowed down their release schedule hugely
They haven't though. They've averaged at least one video a week for a long time now.

>they're lazy because I don't agree with their opinions
You realize that's not how that works, right?

Twitch is mostly just Rich and Jack. They also aren't "full-time" streamers, it's twice a week (and even then it isn't a strict schedule)

Ad revenue pays jack shit, especially recently since advertisers were scared off after Wall Street Journal published that article

Patreon takes a cut, and is also taxable income so take home pay isn't 17K a month. They have to maintain a studio and the money is split among three full-time employees. It's good money considering they make youtube videos but it isn't really "wealthy"

Merchandising we have no idea how much they make, it's speculation

>averaged at least one video a week
Pre Rec doesn't count

>Jack, is that you?
"I disagree with you so I'm going to pretend you're a celebrity shilling himself." Great argument.

Chapo Traphouse is at 50 thousand

Because

1) We have hard data on about how many people watch their videos on a regular basis
2) We have hard data on about how much money they get from Patreon

It's a simple linear regression. Just a correlation between customer base and what they get in income. It's relating 2 known values and nothing more.

Jesus
Fucking
Christ

Within the past month

>Starship Troopers re:view
>BoTW Carnosaur 2, Skateboard Kid, Future Zone
>Half in the Bag: Get Out, Logan
>BoTW: Biohazard, Slaughter High, Kill Point
> Half in the Bag: Life and Power Rangers
>Nerd Crew 3
>Demolition Man re:view
>Horse Ninja if you want to count that

During the Plinkett era we were lucky to get 1 Half in the Bag a month

April (so far):
>Curse of the Worst
>Demolition Man re:View
>Horse Ninja re:View

March:
>Nerd Crew 3
>Half in the Bag: Life and Power Rangers
>Best of the Worst: Freddie Williams
>Half in the Bag: Get Out and Logan

February:
>Best of the Worst: Sequels
>Starship Troopers re:View
>Best of the Worst: Plinketto 3

January:
>Nerd Crew 2
>Half in the Bag: La La Land and Bye Bye Man
>Fuck You, It's January
>True Stories re:View
>Nerd Crew
>Mr. Plinkett Responds to Comments on his Video Commenting on Disney’s Star Wars Rogue One!

Again, they average about 1 video per week.

he's right tho
1k views on twitch is nothing

You realize that you're strawmanning, right?

But there is literally no correlation between subscribers and Patrons. It would make sense if you looked at how many Patrons they have and figured out the average of how much each Patron donates.

Fuck your'e an idiot.

>I disagree
It's not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing. It's a matter of fucking fact, you mongoloid. With the amount of viewers they get on Twitch, there is literally no way it is anywhere close to as profitable as RLM's main content or Patreon. That's not an opinion, it's fact.

>It's a matter of fucking fact
Some asshole on the internet knows how RLM's business works because of twitch stats. Neck yourself.

>Some asshole on the internet knows how RLM's business works because of twitch stats.
Nobody's talking about how RLM's "business works."

Fuck, forget it. You're a dumbass.

>Nobody's talking about how RLM's "business works."
>there is literally no way it is anywhere close to as profitable as RLM's main content or Patreon

They get 5 dollars a month for every subscriber

There is literally a correlation between subscribers and the amount of money that is generated from Patreon.

All Patrons fit into a subset of Youtube subscribers (or at least the overwhelming majority of the Patrons are also subscribers on Youtube). That's because all of RLM's videos are hosted on Youtube (used to be Blip, but those days are gone).

It's like you're saying that there's no direct correlation between sales and advertising during the Super Bowl.

We know how many people like to watch their videos.
We know how much money they make from Patreon.
We know that the people who serve as their Patrons all come from Youtube.

Saying that there's literally no correlation is completely bollocks.

Also, it's you're, not your'e, you fucknut.

Good for them. My only real complain is that they don't publish in advance a schedule of releases, or in the case of PreRec, stream times.

>they don't publish in advance a schedule of releases
They seem to like to play lose with what they film and when and not be strapped down by a strict release schedule. It's the reason they still seem to enjoy making what they do instead of having to churn something out every week like Doug Walker.

>or in the case of PreRec, stream times.
They stream every Sunday and Wednesday. If things change, they notify people on Twitter.

>RedditLetterMedia gets $17k while MDE only gets about $2k
Feels pretty shit

Hydelberg is going to off himself in three months tops. Mark my words.

As long as they keep making videos I'm okay with it.

Because Jessi Stoklasa is one of the good ones

>Curse of the Worst
This was, by far, the worst video RLM has ever produced. I'm so done with them that it isn't even funny.

Pretty good. I hope they make enough money off this so they will keep on entertaining me.

They deserve more. If they actually shilled their patreon like most people that use it do, they would probably have at least 25k

Dick masterson makes $20k. RLM needs to step up their game desu senpai.

How soon until jewtube cracks down on RLM?

I'm not that guy but its fucking logic you retard. Less views = less money. Hurrr

> supporting a Drumphster-shilling rape apologist

Fuck Dax

>getting this butthurt over a simple 2 minute joke video

Not soon enough 2bh.

They produce quality content. But if they are doing RLM full time they should put out more videos.

Cracks down how?

Why? So they can burn themselves out and make shitty uninspired videos they don't care about so you can then complain about that on Sup Forums?

rampant IP violations, sexually explicit content (Jay), bullying of Rich Evans

>DUDE PEOPLE HAVE DIED IN THESE MOVIES FROM THE 80s WE WATCHED
>WHO'D HAVE THOUGHT OLD PEOPLE DIE HUH
>CURSE OF THE WORST XDDD

youtube.com/watch?v=w2ugxX1lh5A

Oh so you're just being intentionally retarded? Okay got it.

lol its a pretty funny video. I upped my patreon donation a bit so I got to see it early :^)

Why are you taking this obvious joke as if it's a legit conspiracy video?

Not understanding humor is a sign of autism. Just thought you should know.

Why did I watch this a second time? I HATED IT. NOW I'm done with them.

wtf i hate rlm now

>intentionally

>Their Plinkett review has entered the public consciousness for a while now

No it hasn't. It's still within the realm of the internet. Show me an example of RLM being shown in media outside of the internet review sphere.

The Room however has. We got The Disaster Artist book, the movie based off that book and it's even gone as far as showing up in a Marvel comic with Captain Marvel complaining she wanted Room instead and goes on to talk about how weird Tommy looked without name dropping.

that's the joke

Jeez, why so hostile, mate?

Don't make a claim you can't back up, bitch!

Why do these cucks where shoes inside their own house, and ON the couches? Is this what autism is?

Because that's not a house, it's the office they work in. Calm down, faggot.

>Rich is just an employee
This is such a stupid meme, Rich has been involved wuth RLM for years. Probably helped write some of the Plinketts, for fuck sake, he has played Plinkett as a character nearly all the half in the bag videos. They all have clearly known each other since highschool or college.

Probably because MDE isn't funny no matter much you try to gymnastic your brain into believing they are some "le dindu nuffin alt-right victims" that are unfairly treated.

This.

Rich is Mike's on-camera monkey. He doesn't write, shoot, or edit anything. In fact, despite having worked with Mike and Jay for two decades, he has no knowledge or understanding of any of the technical side of video production. Editing is the most time consuming part and that is done entirely by Mike and Jay.

Everyone does it in usa.

Nice meme based on literally nothing whatsoever and conflicts with multiple instances of Rich filming the fucking episodes.

Why keep this up when we both know how blatantly retarded it is?

Considering how well put together all their content is, that seems like a pretty reasonable amount to make off fan support.

Sam Hyde backs RLM on Patreon

Rich holds a camera. That's literally it. He doesn't even know how to use it properly as evidenced by the multiple times they've made fun of his shitty camera skills with their editing.

This. Easy Allies makes nearly 40k and the only thing they put any sort of production value into is their reviews.

this and all the preRec stuff is done by Jack

Yes, alcohol and antidepressants are a bad combination.

Numb, but I'm numb all the time.

he drinks high amounts of soft drinks which is basically as bad as being an alcoholic