Americans won’t be able to watch the Opening Ceremony live on tv

NBC isn’t airing the opening ceremony until 7pm EST, 8 hours after the opening ceremony happens live.

Why is this allowed?

Yes... the opening ceremony...

8pm by my channel guide

for the same reason Canadians can watch every event in the Olympics for free, and we can't.

MONEY

they've always tape delayed stuff. remember that exciting 1980 hockey win over russia that you watched 'live'? that was tape-delayed.

imagine a huge change if the usa simply passed a law forbidding olympic coverage to be tape delayed? without waiting until prime-time to show everything, the network couldn't charge the big bucks, which means the IOC no longer can rake in the big bucks from american broadcasters when the games aren't held in the western hemisphere. suddenly the voters stop voting for eastern hemisphere locations...

This happens every Olympics.

You can watch it live on their website.

if you pay money for cable

uh thats not how it works dude

Then find a stream, retard.

because money. CBC is the one that's broadcasting the games and they're funded (mostly) through the government. CBC is run by liberal white-hating cucks, but their olympic coverage is pretty good

curling is on right now
I've been looking for half an hour and cant find anything

All TV is catered towards NYC.

That's why Superbowls in San Francisco or LA start at 8pm EST, 5 local time.
Happens with everything, from Owls and Eries to American Idol and State of the Union.
Mass appeal.

Advertisers wont pay huge for a 12pm slot where those home are stoners, house wives and retirees.

there's a meme spreading among normie women - particularly mothers - to boycott watching the this olympiad.
moms are pissed about that gymnastics diddler. american women love ice skating and gymnastics, and the two are intertwined in their little minds, which makes them think of the diddler, which causes them to virtue signal.
but that's just my observation.

it's exactly how supply and demand works. FCC can declare it in the public interest to let people see everything broadcast on public airwaves live

but whats the point if "live" is at 3am?

>not using canadian vpn to watch it for free anyway

thanks Canadian bros, we'll nuke you last

how do I into vpn

the point is that if it's worth 10% to televise a figure skating finals at 630am from Korea, the networks will offer 10% of what they'd offer for an olympics if it were hosted on a different continent.
most of the olympics is funded by the american tv contract, and the cucks spend so much for the right to tape delay everything

google hola

>paying extra to enjoy an inferior product, while the rest of the world gets it for free

how does it feel to live in a literal cuck nation

>NBC

>paying extra to enjoy an inferior product, while the rest of the world gets taxed for it
FTFY

can't wait for NBC coverage of ONLY FIGURE SKATING and replays of FIGURE SKATING

It's ok, all the 4k coverage is on a 24 hour delay, so I'll just have to live a day in the past. Shame they're not going to let me watch HDR curling though

THANKS TRUMP

>FCC can declare it in the public interest
You're funny

because american media is - literally - retarded lmao

they pull some stupid jew shit like this every olympics lately it seems

Installing hola is a terrible idea. It opens your PC as a VPN as well which means other people can use your connection for whatever they want. Get a real fucking VPN, these peer to peer bullshit ones are for morons and 3rd worlders

they have an entry on the nbcsports app so I'm pretty sure they'll have an official stream. and there will be unofficial ones. who cares if it's on tv at 3am, of course they're going to be focused on airing it in prime time when people are actually awake

when will they air trump's military parade tho?