For the Latin Americans, have you ever done a DNA test (e.g. 23andme, Ancestry)? Were you surprised by the results?

For the Latin Americans, have you ever done a DNA test (e.g. 23andme, Ancestry)? Were you surprised by the results?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pTBkaftKREE
youtube.com/watch?v=SF9TgOvk8Ws
m.youtube.com/watch?v=hcm55lU9knw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

In 2014 I took a test and found out I'm 70% Dutch so I moved to flag related and can now say a little in my ancestors language

hej hvad hedde du?

I don't really think most people care that much, at least here in Brazil. My family is relatively new in this country so I can trace both my great grandparents (from mother and father) back to Italy. I did read a study once where they did this kind of testing on large brazilian populations in Rio and some other state though, it found that even on people self-identifying as black their "white share" was over 50%, while indigenous contribution is way lower than most would assume.

What’s the other 30% percent? Any Native American?

Phenotipically speaking, white skin is a very recessive trait.

I'm mixed, have no reason to pay jews to tell me what I already know

1. people here don't have that 'muh heritage' obsession
2. those genetic services are not available here, just Mexico i think

Danish. But I've heard it's very cold so I didn't want to move there

Please leaf do not extend the reach of the mutt meme to here too.

From which Latin American country did you move from?

People don't care about those things here

Most people do know they have some Portuguese/Italian/Indigenous/Black heritage though, but that's about it.

People don't care here. It's in North american where their only raison d'etre is racial based

I did mine out of curiosity. Pic related are my results. I wish there were records on my ancestors so I can learn more about.

>paying Mrs. Goldberg $100 dollarishekels and giving her genetic samples just so she can tell you you're mixed

This is the second part.

How did an Indio end up in Canada?

I was very surprised to find out I have Jew DNA

A peruvian just started using a leaf and voilà

I’m an india* actually. And i’ve lived here my entire life.

As opposed to brazilian....

So here is the question. Being 65% amerindian you probably knew you're mixed before doing the test. Why bother paying then, just to see how much it really is ?

Jokes on you, I’m Ecuadorian.

>
youtube.com/watch?v=pTBkaftKREE
read the comments
THEY ARE FUCKING CRYING HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They were able to break down where your Native Ancestors were from?

I see no reason in taking one personally. The Mexican state I was born in is mostly Mestizo, so I see no reason to believe I'm not either. I've read up on the Natives that lived in the region, but I'll probably never know my real ancestors seeing as I hold no part of their culture anymore.

Yes

I'm Italian descendant

>Taking youtube comments as real life
Are you ok?

which country are you originally from? Pls post your hand
The problem with 23andme and ancestry.com is that they don't ship their genetic tests to latam, so most of them are from latino immigrants living in the usa

irl they are worse, and you know it, otherwise you don't leave your house
>I-I swear I had blonde hair as a baby!!
>I was white!!

I knew I was mixed, but I wanted to know how mixed.

No lo se amigo, la verdad, nunca me he topado con gente asi, ni en el colegio, ni en la universidad, ni en el trabajo

I wouldn't pay $200 to confirm that i have amerindian and spanish blood

From which region?

Based chileans objective clear and precise info.

I asked my grandpa after and he said we probably descended from the Cañaris, which are the natives from the area we’re from in Ecuador.

eres ABC1?

Not him but two grandparents came from S*cily.

No offence m8 but that sounds really pointless

No, aunque ahora que lo recuerdo solo un amigo tiro ese chiste de ser rubio cuando chico, aunque nos mostro unas fotos y efectivamente lo era.

it doesn't work that way, You mugth be surprised to know that your euro ancestry is not as iberian as you might think. most result end up scoring higher on italian/ greek and british isles than iberian itself. It's quite baffling

check out this one
youtube.com/watch?v=SF9TgOvk8Ws

No offence taken. It wasn’t pointless for me though, I learned a bit more about my background.

Nah, i already know im a latino nigger. I may look European, but monkey is monkey, and that will never change, uma delícia

Aside from meme (and mafia) Sicily is a cool place

which service is this?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hcm55lU9knw

At the same price get 23andme it's better.
Or if you can get one in Europe get LivingDNA

Shut the hell up, you self hating cuck

The youth in Latin America is so fucking cringy.

Veneto

we usually don't need it, since atleast here in my state, big part of the pupulation immigrated in the last 100-150 years, so its easy to keep the record and basically everbody knows where they came from, so no big deal...

I did it and it was a waste of money. If you know where your grandparents came from pretty much there is no point

Ancestry. Basically they send me the this kit. They give you a code and I have to spit in a tube and seal it in this plastic bag. Then I mail it and wait around a month or so for my results. They post the results in your account online.

So is the youth in North America

I'm from Veneto and i have relatives that migrates in Brasil, i think in some region in the South but i am not that sure

That's where I live

Why do you want to see my hand? Also I’m from Ecuador.

What's the life there?

>india
H-hi, do you want to sacrifice some people to the sun god with me?

which service is this? Do they ship to South America?

Just curious about your skin tone, hand features. if you don't feel comfortable posting it don't worry

I'm so mixed that i have african, italian and japanese genes hue

Did you take test

No because I’m Christian

I don't think that meme is that strong down here. Some northerners might be more like muh European family, but they actually know where they came from so they don't care so much about a test.

why do i even have to care about my DNA or even my fucking ancestry?

im proud of being a mexican, an indian, an aztec or whatever the fuck i am.
I dont want to depend on my useless ancestors who have not given me anything useful just to say that I am from some other fucking place instead of Mexico.

why?

because I was born here and I dont care for other places, I only focus my attention in my future not in my past

It's one of the best places to live in Brazil, not very high crime, not absurdly hot, (compared to rio de janeiro), the city I live is clean and most people are kind with each other.

Good

I know you assholes are going to make fun of my hand but here

no one's gonna make fun of it, this ain't pol. Btw, you don't look that dark for being 64% native. Interesting.

Not because of my skin tone, but because my fingers are stubby. My mom once bought me these white fluffy gloves for winter and they made my hands look like Mickey Mouse’s hands.

i want to make one of those tests but its kinda expensive

wtf why'd i do that? i just know that i'm mixed and a that's enough

only wh*Toids care about DNA and ancestry

A minha senpaiília também veio dessa região, você vive na Serra? Também sou gaúcho hue

family tree dna. I wanted 23andme but they didnt ship here

the problem isnot the price. it's rather finding a company that ships the kits to our shitholes

i dont want a kike owned service, and not based in usa. so i suppose i could use livingDNA

I thought 23andme was owned by Jews not ancestry?

yeah but where is it based?
in usa? nsa gets my info and sells it to google

cuckette

Lol why?

Not really, but I did some investigation of the last names of my greatgrandparents and the one that came from Argentina has a last name that comes from converted jews that worked for Spain in their north italian territories, another that came from the catalan speaking regions of Aragon, one that came from a branch that lost their moneyof an aristocratic chilean family famous in the XIX century, 4 that came from Spain because they were a bunch of commies and the last one that is a mistery but is probably a Picunche-Spanish mix.

Here are some colombian ones

from medellin

medellin too

caribbean coast

wtf? why do you have so much sandnigger?

chocoan

chocoan too

spanish blood

lol spaniards don't get percentages as high as you

manizales

we had a lot of lebanese inmigration too before ww1

lots of middle easterners came at the end of the XIX century

Latin american received lots of christian arabs through its history

cali

It's not available in Brazil.

cali too