Why do Americans always think that Futsal is better than normal football when they learn about its existence?

Why do Americans always think that Futsal is better than normal football when they learn about its existence?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1DssnQzZZYM
youtube.com/watch?v=6H22TRUa3A0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indoor_soccer#Leagues
youtube.com/watch?v=MAovMMKq_ak
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil_national_futsal_team
youtube.com/watch?v=F7aIAxM2lAs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Probably because on paper it looks interesting and has all the ingredients to make it fun to watch, but when you actually start watching high level futsal it becomes very boring very fast.

More scoring.

They don't, that's the thing. Turns out the things they hate in football have their use.

made me think

This looks kino as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=1DssnQzZZYM

"Russia" vs Portugal live now
youtube.com/watch?v=6H22TRUa3A0

>invent sport
>not the best in the world at it

I guess it's the england curse, though to be fair to us it's because we're poor and nobody cares unlike england

Hmm Russia winning

It's fun to play, too

t.retired amateur futsal gk

Bc it's flashy
Make each scoring worth 3 goals and they will love it

Only roaches play it over here

Portugal choking again.
Russia's defense is pretty good, though.

That Russian team has some names that sound very "tropical"

give me a quick rundown on futsal, what makes it different than football

A smaller court + shorter games will lead to more high intensity sprint work / explosivity.
Less players makes puts individual skill in a (bigger) spotlight.

The problem with Futsal is that participation is very low and every good player can earn more money playing football so they play football. This leaves Futsal with football rejects.
I'd rather watch basketball.

Smaller ball, smaller court, smaller teams, 2x 20 minute halves. Each team is also allowed a 1 minute break.
It's basically trying to turn football into basketball while still keeping it football.

read pic related

ADHD

And this is why I need to proofread.

wtf i love futsal now

there's this semi-final going on right now

Eder Lima is a common Russian name...

It would be perfect if they put walls in like hockey. Hockey would be a snooze fest if the puck kept going out.

seems kino, i’ll give it a watch later. thanks lads.

i can't honestly, you have retarded ideas even for retarded sports like fucking futsal

i would love to see you guys trying to fix that indian crazy shit sport that you have to hold your breath and kidnap the opponent

What he said actually exists. It's called indoor soccer. it's played in the US

oops larger image

Yeah it's a thing here.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indoor_soccer#Leagues

I actually used to play when I was young. It's popular during the winter.

This is pretty good. Portugal just equalised

Portugal just scored
1-1

If a high level football player competed in this, let's say for example Hazard, would he dominate or are the skills not fully transferable?

>it's played in the US
there's an indoor football tournament every winter in germany with all sorts of retired/pro players, really cool to watch, mostly because the balls doesnt go out every 4.3 seconds like in futsal

when I played 5-a-side we just had walled sides too, I had assumed futsal was the same

I am also interested

A lot of brazilians players started as futsal players.

Ronaldinho went to play futsal in India
youtube.com/watch?v=MAovMMKq_ak

Hazard yes
but someone like Kane, Bale, Rashford no.
there's no room here for pacey niggers.

keeper is dead

Damn.. Portugal is beating Braz.. I mean Russia

That was an exciting finish. When's the final?

So this is the power of Portugal

Refball on the previous goal?
Keeper probably touched it outside...

oh shit

holy shit they are fighting

Kazakhstan plays Spain in the next semi final That starts in an hour I believe. The final will be on Saturday.

I enjoyed what I saw of that last game. Someone remember to make a thread for the final on Saturday

who is the best? i don't watch futsal

the only thing i know about it is that >we are so shit that our futsal captain also plays semi pro football in like the 8th tier of the english pyramid

that's what normal 5-a-side is that most people play here

it becomes more physical and less about close control

According to wikipedia we're ranked #1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil_national_futsal_team

> The team is considered to be the strongest in the world earning a record three straight championships in the FIFA Futsal World Cup. Brazil also holds a record twelve championship wins in the South American Futsal Championship also known as the Copa América de Futsal and five wins in the Taça América de Futsal. As of November 2016, Brazil is ranked first in the Futsal World Rankings. Brazil has played in all FIFA Futsal World Cups and has finished in the top three places seven times.

>Kazakhstan
More like Brazakhstan.

user are you at the stadium watching the match?

>GOAT football player - Tsuman
>GOAT futsal player - Ricardinho
>GOAT beach football player - Madjer

Barbosa confirmed as best feet genes

inb4 spain portugal final

Nah, it's too cold to leave the house.

do all professional futsal players wish they were football players

americans dont even know about the existence of futsal u monkey, what americans are u talking about?

our indoor soccer games arent futsal, its probably same size as futsal but it has aritificial grass. totally different dynamic

They're currently working on making a fully professional league here user.

>cletus' reading comprehension

It says >when they learn about its existence
you dumb motherfucker

m8 if you were following the sport you know that's the only likely outcome

Im doubting your fucking story you dumb monkey , nobody here gives a fuck about futsal I dont think u can even communicated in real life with an amerian because u have a shit tier monkey accent

hi fellow friend
what u up to?

will Portugal win y/n?

stop being an idiot, youre making us look bad

I hope y but I reckon n

Why are you so upset? Why can't you talk like a civilized person?

I didn't say people give a fuck about futsal. I'm saying that I've noticed on the internet that Americans usually think that the concept of futsal is better than football (soccer)

>trying to appear cool to 3rd wolders

cuck

Sorry I had a bad day at school, professor was being a massive cunt
and maybe because it is? did u ever think of that possibility? maybe futsal literally is better than soccer?

btw speaking a second language with a shit tier accent is better than being a monolingual brainlet who has bad reading comprehension in his own language.

It's a matter of opinion. Normal football allows for more possibilities. It's more complex.

I'm actually trilingual without any noticeable accent in german or spanish. dont be jelly bra

That's cool. I can read some German but very basic.

It's kinda hard to believe that you mastered the accents in two languages though. Even some bilingual people that grow up speaking two languages show signs of accents sometimes.

Noice
and I do have an accent just not so noitcable that people can know Im a foreigner right away. I have to speak a lot until someone notices Im not german.

I've been learning for 3 years and grill is German so she corrects my accent all the time.

and I just grew up with spanish

>and I just grew up with spanish
OUT
CHICANO GET OUT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They dont

I have to go back

Chicanos who are 30% of america

Kazakhstan Spain in 15 bings

based

It seems that this competition is Portugal facing Brazilian rejects lmao
That russian team had like 3 brazilians

Spain vs Kazakhstan live now
youtube.com/watch?v=F7aIAxM2lAs

Thanks, lad.

We don't give a single fuck about Futsal friendo. Beach soccer is more interesting than that shit.

No man, I'm not saying you give a fuck about futsal. It's just what I've witnessed is Americans saying "why isn't this more liked than soccer" or something like that. Americans saying that the concept is better.

Miguelin throwing

Look at an example of what I'm saying

Azerbaijan was worse. Haven't seen Kazakhstan yet but I'm guessing its the same bullshit

Disregard all other USA posts. I speak for all Americans. Here is the bottom line:

Soccer, as designed, is amazing. On paper it is beautiful in its simplicity: the Apple of sports.
It is the people who play the game that we abhor. Americans want to see Gronk, Brady, LeBron; soccer offers an autistic dwarf and a closet-case weirdo.

welp
Spanish defense looking really bad so far

>3 years
>no accent
you're lying

>the Apple of sports
I thought you were trying to praise the sport not insult it

Tell me to read something in german and I will vacaroo it in 2 hours cause i got to go now

Because its faster, more technical, more aesthetic and can be played by almost anyone?

Soccer has all types of physiques.

>spain