When will amerifats finally switch to the metric system?

When will amerifats finally switch to the metric system?

Literally who cares

all illegal drug transactions use the metric system so that's a good start i think

>using commieunits

gas chambers were measured in metrics, I'll stick with the unit of measurement that built vehicles that went to the moon

When they stop shooting each other

How many fingers are 13 spindles?
How many twips are 7 furlongs?

The UK is not a metric country

How many butcher stones are 11 tower ounces?

The UK is not a country

1 gunterchain is 80 statute miles

How many London pounds are 17 Avoirdupoir ounces?

If these units of length don't make inherent sense to you, you are the brainlet. Look at how eclectic the naming system is, from cubits to Romans to furlong, all the great cultures are represented.

How many steps are 19 poppyseeds?

>uses the most retarded format of all: M/D/Y
>calls its national holiday "4th of July"

It's called July 4th pretty often too desu

Kek. Here you buy weed by the ounce.

sure...

No clue. It's fucking retarded that we don't. I can never remember how many feet are in a mile. I have to do math to figure it out.

I know that 1320 feet are in a quarter mile because there's a Megadeth song called 1320. So I grab a piece of paper, multiply 1320 by 4, and then I have how many feet in a mile.

"""Good""" dealers here sell weed in ounces

Myanmar and Liberia are best allies

yyyy-mm-dd is the only acceptable one, desu.

We still use the dd-mm-yyyy half the time, though.

wtf, I could never imagine living in such a world where you have to do this shit

Portugal gets it...

>MDY
>Micronesia
>USA (macronesia)

base 10 is baby tier representation

Duodecimal conversion when?

>using something made by the French
no thank you

Yes, but we've already fucked up by grouping them in our language like that, so there's no going back.

t. Bastardized Norman French Speaker

don't you like cinema nigger ?

base 60 is the best system

never because the difference for most people isn't demonstrable

To be fair, over here imperial units are still commonly used in some everyday applications (usually height and weight), though for pretty much everything else (like distance, speed, volume, etc) we are metric all the way.

Why did the UK sell out anyway?

They thought the whole EU thing would work out.

Because the metric system is superior in every way?

>Britain
>Metric system
Alright lads lets go grab a pint, the pub's only a half mile away. Gotta watch out though, I've put on almost half a stone.

Lmao

The UK is not a metric country, it's just a slightly milder situation than in the US. No one in their right mind measures themselves in centimetres or weighs alcohol in litres

I'm pretty sure a plane crashed once because the amount of fuel needed was calculated with one system, but the ground crew filled it with the quantity in the other system.

What benefit would there be for changing that would justify the cost of doing so?

Yes but you weigh food in kilograms and commercial drinks in liters.

First thing we're gonna do after Brexit is go back to imperial. Metric is a disgusting, vile creation. Second thing we're gonna do is take back Hong Kong and restore the Empire.

How are we supposed to switch when Liberia and Myanmar still don't use this backwards and unnatural system of measurement that you've constructed?

3 feet in a yard, 22 yards in a chain, 10 chains in a furlong and 8 furlongs in a mile
3x22x10x8=5280
Get gud.

We have to print it by law but I can guarantee you no one is thinking in terms of litres and kilos. Maybe litres for fizzy drinks and very small things, that's about it.

there wasn't even a million abos here when the English came

It'd be faster for the whole world to switch to the yard-mile system than to wait for the US to adjust to the world. Cos it will never happen

Why did you post in a dead thread?

It just happened to be on the list of threads on my Sup Forums page.

this. Also a mention as to human height and weight being measured with feet/inches and stones/ounces as opposed to the metric.

Motorways also use miles and yards for turnoffs and directions but warning signs and roadwork markers will use metres. Both of these are marked with "m" so you have to use common sense (something my German mate didn't have when he visited).

>"why are the roadworks already signposted 500 miles away?"
>"because they are 500 metres"
>" VAHT? vaht is zis nonsenze"

You could see the moment his mind was blown. Well worth it, tb h.

It does happens yeah for sure indeed so.

go ahead and dig the hole for yourself even deeper

abos are worth more than wh*Tes and negroids

>talking to lecturer
>he says when he used to work for an architecture firm in england 40 years ago, they used imperial
>mfw

Imperial is a British invention. Metric is French. We only very recently officially adopted Metric because of the EU. In every day life Imperial is still used for most things desu.

>Imperial is a British invention. Metric is French.
t bh this is only half true.

How so?

The UK is not

I don't want to have a total sperg out but to put it short some of the first metric proponents were British and the French also had their own medieval equivalent of imperial units. It's just that the most modern and widely-adopted forms of metric and imperial today are from France and Britain respectively.

Obviously never met any

yfw people use ymd instead of dmy because yanks are fucking retarded

no he likes feature films ;)

this so much
base 12 is master race

i've had this argument a billion times but metricbabbies won't have it. they just spam insults

reminder that britain still weighs things using rocks and boulders, the feral band of troglodytes

>Not using binary

What do you mean who cares?? Those morons crashed a billion dollar probe in mars because they fucking forgot to convert pounds to newtons. KEK

The sooner the world unites under one standard the better for our scientific progress.

Yeah here in australia if you ask someone for their height there's like a 50% chance they'll give you either

NASA uses metric