JUST franchises general

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

GOOD LUCK GETTING PAST THE RAMS AND THE SEAHAWKS

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/maiocconbcs/status/961672855359336448
49ers.com/team/staff/paraag-marathe/003aa543-ba13-4dea-a5f1-f18113cd9245
espn.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/29986/by-the-numbers-jimmy-garoppolo-made-49ers-better-at-everything
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Living in your heads rent free
Jimmy G got you this shook already lmao

forty whiners damage control is already going nuts, overpaying that much for a dude who has 5 INTs in 5 games

He got Peyton Manning money for 7 starts! And we don’t even know if he’s he next Matt Cassel LMAO

It’s insane how incompetent their FO is. He’s played 6 games pretty well but to commit that much money without a full season of game tape is ridiculous. Even with massive Cap space you’re still suppose to be financially responsible and build a team not ship a fuck ton of money for 1 player who looked good for 6 weeks.

>becomes highest paid player in NFL after 6 good starts
>good for team morale

Wouldn't be surprised if the OL let him get sacked on purpose desu senpai

I’d love to see what Tom Brady is worth on the open market.

>Not understanding how markets work
When this round of qb contracts is thru Jimmy will not be the highest paid. Also, NFL contracts and Marathe's in particular are known for having language which doesn't guarantee full payment.

At least 35 mill a year on short term deals. He could easily get

105 million for 3 years.

You know he wouldnt expect a long term deal so you sell out your future to win it all now.

>completely wasting the career of Philip Rivers
>have not been to an owl in over 20 years
>screwed over their home town to move to a city that doesn't even give a shit about them
>play in a 27,000 seat """stadium""" that is usually filled by visiting fans
>had a chance at playoffs this year but got dad-dicked by the Chefs
And to top it all off
>LOST TO THE HUE JACKSON BROWNS

There are definitely bigger historical JUSTers in the league, but the Chorgers have had so much go wrong in the past few years that it's not even funny anymore.

Just kidding it still is AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

It doesn’t matter that he’s the highest paid player in the NFL. What’s retarded is that they committed top 5 money for a QB who has had only 7 starts. They only reason why I believe they committed it was because they can build a brand around him which means this signing was more for financial reasons than football reasons. When you start signing for reasons other than football it just shows your franchise made a mistake and the situation could have been handled better by a competent FO.

Yeah when the Rams and Seahawks are still in your division, every dollar counts and the 49ers just fucked up

BIG MONEY JIMMY

>Chefs
>traded a good QB for an unknown

they better use all 7 picks on defense this draft

If shanahan says it's his guy, it's his guy. Now all we need is a true number 1 wr and records will fall and owls will be got. Welcome to the new reign in the NFL.

~70 Guaranteed, front loaded, etc etc etc. Relax newfag.

You could be safe and lock him up or end up with a Kirk Cousins situation. This was the smart move

Dude in a salary cap league, all that matters is that you don’t make bad deals. And this deal was terrible for the Niners

In a year he'll be the 7th or 8th highest paid QB. You can't get a QB on the open market for 20 million a year

>Garoppolo stats on the 49ers
>5 td, 7 int

YIKES

Give source on GTD money
No he won’t you’re insane these contracts have gotten out of hand and Ravens are a perfect example.

At least theyre trying to do things...

>what is a franchise tag

Could get a bigger sample size before committing that much money.

This is why the 49ers won’t ever be an elite franchise like the Cowboys, Packers, steelers, Seahawks or Patriots.

Memes.

I liked how you tried to sneak in the Seahawks in that list. Any NFC East team is better than them in its entirety

At least they didn’t have a GM who actively let his generational talent QB get bludgeoned to death behind an o-line composed of high school players. Grigson should be in prison for football malpractice.

considering

Kirk Cousins is the "hottest prospect" right now
>27 TD, 13 INT
>4093 yards
>93.9 rating

Tom Brady
>32 TD, 8 INT
>4,577 yards
>102.8 rating
>Season MVP

Disregarding previous accolades, based solely on current performance, and also discounting future value

$40 million starting, any team he likes

twitter.com/maiocconbcs/status/961672855359336448

So Franchise Tags aren't a thing anymore?

The franchise tag this year for a QB would be 23.5 million. After one year Jimmy is a free agent with no incentive to resign with San Fran if he has a good year.

At least you'd know whether he's actually good or just another Matt Cassel

Behind that 49ers team, any above replacement level QB could've lead them to 6 wins.

So your idea of playing it safe is giving him a massive amount of money before you get the chance to see how he does a full season and still have to give him a massive amount of money and maybe a little extra GTD money? Very logical.

This is a repeat of brick all over again
Fucking niner fans are so deluded to think this is a great idea
Lynch was gifted trade picks by retarded gm in Chicago and now shows his true color

>Every dollar counts
>49ers still have more cap space than both Rams and Seacocks combined

49ers are on the uptrend and there's nothing you faggots can do about it.

Jimmy G's contract isn't even crazy. His guaranteed money isn't ridiculous and the cap space is gonna increase with a new TV deal. His deal is gonna be the new median deal in 2 seasons. Hell, Kirk Cousins could turn this deal on it's head within the next week.

All Whiner fags gotta do is find me ONE Sports Analyst who thought this was a good idea.

They should have tanked for Rosen/Darnold. Morons.

How often are highly rated Qbs available in free agency? Basically never. This year there were 2, Grap and Cousins. Both will make 27-8 million a year. If the niners don't do this they will be in draft and develop lottery with 8 other teams

Kirk Cousins showed he can run Top 5 offenses for three years. Jimmy just showed he can move the offense down the field. Massive delusion coming from this guy.

>Garoppolo imitating Brady's defensive reads, audibles, field rushing
>Memes some wins on a team stacked with 1st round picks and has only lost by 3 points or less each game
>Only played half a season so his play is unfairly compared to other QB's who have played entire seasons and are exhausted
>Still unproven durability and unproven playoff prowess

I expect Garoppolo to get a tremendous contract, but I doubt he will lead any team to the playoffs this year

Jimmy was Belichick's guy and he knows more about football than this entire board combined.

It’s called a franchise tag you idiot. You tag him again and give him the truck load of money you already were going to give him but at least you know he’s your guy with a larger sample size. And if give him more weapons and build a team correctly why would he want to leave to some other franchise when he’s getting a fuck ton of money by a franchise with the most available cap space. Any other team that was strapped for cap space this would have been a harder decision but this team has so much cap space what’s the fucking hurry in signing him.

This. Marathe is quietly one of the best negotiators in the NFL
The idea is you lock him up because you believe he's great. You pay him for 3 years you have the space. If he's not then the final two years aren't much of an issue. This does many good things for your franchise
>Sends message to FA players that you're serious about contending and paying
>Can still build through the draft
>Instills confidence in Jimmy and the whole team
>If it blows up by year 3 you can still go get you another high paid QB.
Also Jimmy is a workaholic study oriented guy who's supposedly picked up all of tom Brady's habits. This will not blow up.

> This is why the 49ers won’t ever be an elite franchise like the Cowboys, Packers, steelers, Seahawks or Patriots.

Yeah, okay buddy.

49ers.com/team/staff/paraag-marathe/003aa543-ba13-4dea-a5f1-f18113cd9245

HOLY SHIT THE PERSON NEGOTIATING FOR THE WHINERS IS A DOTHEAD

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. Holy shit he'd be such a shitty car salesman

Franchise tag is ONE year. Another franchise tag is ONE year. You'll end up paying him 55 million dollars for 2 years with nothing guaranteed after that. If he balls out then you're fucked. If he fails then you can let him go. The franchise tag takes away all of the team's leverage

>49ers haven't been burned by a player signing since he's been writing contracts

Based Pajeet

Do Pajeets even live in the Bay Area?

At least you'll have a bigger sample size of what's going on with him than just 6 game fucking games. SIX GAMES. Are you dense?

If you only test drove a car 6 times, do you think you'd buy it long term?

There are tons of Pajeets in places where black people aren't a majority.

Belichick is looking like a Brady babby after Brady put up all-time 500 yards in the Super Bowl and Belichick's defense shit the bed

If you can't win with Tom Brady the season MVP you cant win with any fucking body

Outside of New York/NJ, it has the 2nd largest number of Pajeets in the country. The Bay Area is basically the Asian equivalent to Miami/LA where all the Asian groups live

Did you watch those 6 games? And see how much the entire team improved?

espn.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/29986/by-the-numbers-jimmy-garoppolo-made-49ers-better-at-everything

Hater ass faggot ass bitch made niggers wanna hate while 49ers are about to make runs for the next five years on that ass.

>6 game sample size
>threw only 7 TDs and 5 INTs

Yeah, surely made ME feel confident. Enjoy your albatross

LOL. Made the entire team statistically better. Offense, defense, special teams.

Get that butt balm ready. Jimmy going in dry.

If I were a Seahawks fan or Rams fan, I'd enjoy picking off this older Matt Cassel

Literally only Cousins and Rodgers will surpass him for a while. It's pathetic how much he's getting paid

Gave hope to a team full of underachieving nogs but he didnt specifically do much different than the last qbs

I can't believe some idiots think this hurts the 49ers.

You're just a faggot who loves big Italian cock in his ass instead.

You aren’t getting this. You tag him once and let him play the year out. Then tag him again and negotiate and give him the massive contract you already gave him maybe a little extra GtD money. The reason why they can do this is because they have so much cap room it would have been better to wait and get more games and see if he’s worth it. We are speaking about their situation and they handled it wrong. This could easily blow up in their face just because they didn’t want to wait.

>Literally only Cousins and Rodgers will surpass him for a while.

Each new contract sets the market, man. The bar gets raised each time a top QB signs a contract.

This.

Rasm fan here. I watched him at the end of the year. He is the real deal.

He doesn't even own the team anymore

Kek. Show me all those Hawks and Packers trophies. Combine em even and you're two short LMAO
>Implying Indian immigrants are bad at business
Do you even know your memes?
This
Yup.

That's because you have recency bias. Once Jimmy G starts throwing picks like crazy (remember, he went 7 TDs/5INTs in the regular season), you'll see why this was such a stupid fucking deal

>Kirk Cousins can run a Top 5 offense
>Redskins won the NFC East twice and even then by the skin of their fucking teeth
>Got bounced in the wildcard round each time

Kirk Cousins is a mediocre Quarterback who could barely cut it in the most balanced division in football.

Alex Smith didn’t set the bar and he basically turned around the Chiefs franchise.

It hurts them in the fact that they are paying $40 million for a qb they could've tagged for $20 million, and used that extra money to put some elite players around him

Why would Asians live in California? I've never heard of that before

They still have the chips, fucker

Didn't do anything. Just took an offense from dead last to near best. Took a defense from 28th total yards allowed to 9th best in yards allowed.

>Jimmy Garoppolo is so good he makes the hot dogs taste better in San Francisco
Chris Carter

Seahawks are blowing up. Rams are more talented after ten years of drafting top ten but McVay is no Shanahan. I'm OK with splitting the Rams and 49ers games for the next 5 years.

Where did you hear that Alex Smith was a top quarterback?

Those are Kizer stats

ITT people think the salary cap and building a team is the same now as the pre-2011 collective bargaining agreement

do some homework kids

Just admit you don't watch his games instead of doubling down on stupid.

>Once Jimmy G starts throwing picks like crazy (remember, he went 7 TDs/5INTs in the regular season), you'll see why this was such a stupid fucking deal

If he fall apart that hard then even making him the franchise quarterback was the mistake. I don't believe that's going to happen.
>used that extra money to put some elite players around him

The 49ers still have the cap space to do that. If elite players are hitting free agency, the 49ers will be able to sign a few of them.

They still can. Even after this signing they still have 100 million in cap space.

San Francisco is notoriously chinese, they had one of the biggest imigration influxes from Asia, and still have the largest asian population in the country

Are you this stupid?

>Seahawks are blowing up

Except they still have a HoF coach, HoF QB and a pretty good defense behind Bobby Wagner. yeah good luck beating them (the Niners haven't beat the Hawks since 2013)

They could have $102.5 million if they just franchise tagged him. Nothing about this contract suggests the Niners were smart about this

Where did you hear Stafford, Carr, Garappollo were top QBs?

>McVay is not Shanahan

He took a brand new team essentially to the playoffs

Shanahan took a brand new team to 6-10

Why on Earth would you try to build a franchise around a 20 mil temporary contract at the most important position? Get off Sup Forums Dan Snyder.

Lions fans are already calling Stafford a future hall of famer. Raiders fans love Carr.

RW is no where near being in the HoF yet.

Lmao you think Rosen or Darnold will be better than Jimmy G? Rosen maybe but he is a Jew and Darnold is too much of a retard to succeed in the NFL. Fucking idiot NFL fans you don't watch college and listen to Kiper, whoever drafts Rosen and Darnold are going to be disappointed.

Franchise tags okay, but they'd be fucking stupid in the long term.

>Know you want to invest in Jimmy, but franchise tag him for 2 years and end up paying him more in the long run than you would if you just sign him to a contract with the current salary cap.

This is why the Redskins look stupid. If they just signed Kirk to a deal back when they had a chance instead of tagging him twice, they wouldn't have had to trade for Alex Smith just to fucking SAVE money.

>Brand new team

They spent the better half of a decade drafting all of those retard strength athletes on defense and spent a bounty on Jared Goff.

The 49ers roster was easily top down more new than the Rams roster.

Which is why they haven’t and most probably won’t win shit Jesus Christ how aren’t you getting this? It was a bad decision but might not destroy them but the FO could have waited and had they same results as today.

Redskins don’t have he massive amount of cap space the 49ers have so they could have waited and it wouldn’t have hurt them one bit. This was rushed and a gamble. Expected better from a FO that fleeced the bears

>Brand new team

Get the fuck out of here

>Rushed gamble
>Have a fuckton of cap space
>Signed a QB you know you want long term to a front-loaded, incentive based, long term deal that nobody past butthurt 49er haters and Pats apologists are salty about
>Still have a fuckton of cap space

What was their cap situation like in 2013?

>Cheat Carroll HoF
>Manlet Cuck HoF
>Bretty gud devense with no Bennett, no Kam, Earl wanting out, and Sherm coming off of an Achilles tear at 30 means no more LoB

Are all Seahawks fans this delusional?

There are no details on incentives so you are basically talking out of your ass. And if it only takes 6 weeks for a franchise to commit this hard for a QB with 7 starts then I would be worried as a fan. I’m not hating but you clearly don’t see how this could have been handled way differently to avoid a it blowing up in their face. Maybe he’s a HoF, maybe he’s average, maybe he becomes a huge fuck up but without even a full season we are just going to have to wait and see how it plays out. And sure it doesn’t mess up their cap space but waiting and tagging wouldn’t have either

>Seahawks
The most hated team in the NFL

>And if it only takes 6 weeks for a franchise to commit this hard for a QB with 7 starts then I would be worried as a fan.

Look at every 49ers starting quarterback between Steve Young and Jimmy G. That should explain everything about why the franchise and fans want Jimmy G for the long term.

They are perpetually stuck in 2014.

So you are admitting that the 49ers are so QB starved that they were willing to sign anything that looks good for a couple of games to a huge contract. Probably more of a reason to tag him and see what happens.

Hey I like Garcia

>Probably more of a reason to tag him and see what happens.

I'd rather lock him up long term, spread the cap hit over a few years. If he's worth it, the contract was the right move. If he's not worth it then the 49ers were fucked anyway since they have no other options at QB.

I guess that’s a way of seeing it but if he isn’t the guy it’s going to be harder for the FO and coaching staff to move on from him anytime soon. When a FO makes a huge contract their jobs basically depend on if they stick to their decisions or not.

I'm sorry, there's no way you can convince me this was a smart move simply because there were only 6 starts. Sure, if Jimmy G turns out to be a real deal, then this will look "ok", but the downside is if he turns out to be absolute shit (again, 7 TDs 5 INTs), then this will be an albatross that will haunt the 49ers for a long time.

I just can't believe 49er fans think this was a good thing. Are you guys crazy? Imagine if the Cowboys did this.