Guns

Alright Sup Forums you've convinced me the world is about to collapse into chaos and I need guns.

Help me buy a gun, Sup Forums.

I want an AR-15 but there are approximately infinity options for them and if I read another goddam redneck website the first thing I'll use the gun on is myself.

So, what is the best make/model/build AR-15 when prioritizing the following:

- Reliability (does it jam frequently? can it get dirty and keep shooting reliably?)
- Accuracy (what build is the sweet spot for close range on up to 100 meters out?)
- Any shit I'm not considering

pic most def related. i don't wanna be THAT guy.

S&W M&P15 Sport II or Ruger AR-556 are good low cost entry ARs. I have an M&P15 and have never had a single problem with it; always hits on target on my 200 yard range and never had one problem with firing/ejecting. Or you can do lots of research and build your own AR, but I don't know much about that.

I tried there. No bites.

I'll post these for ya

AR 15 and a Glock 19. Everyone has those so parts will be readily accessible. You could get both for around $1200.

/k/ doesn't move as fast as Sup Forums you fucking idiot because it takes time to actually write informative posts that don't consist of
>Sup Forums BTFO

i bet you bumped your own thread after 5 minutes

Youre overthinking it. Its not the gun that wins a firefight its the shooter.

Geee, if they were big enough to read, I might actually read them

Don't overcomplicate it. If your budget permits, buy a Colt Le 6920 and be done with it.

because you're a fucking shitdweeb and can't do oregano research. people of your low level intelligence should not own firearms.

Nah. Waited 30 minutes.

But I'm sure your dick feels bigger because you go to call someone a fucking idiot on the Internet.

I'll help you bro... what's your budget?

>oregano research

I'm American, not Italian.

Jamming often has more to do with the quality of the magazine than the rifle, some don't like being filled to capacity so it isn't uncommon to underload one or two rounds for reliable feeding. Most AR platforms are technically designed for up to 600-800 yards with iron sights, so 100 meter accuracy really shouldn't be an issue from any particular model. Some other considerations to look for are weight and options for accessories. If you want to save weight look for something that has a pencil or government profile barrel for example. A heavier barrel can take more sustained use and potentially have a longer barrel life but weighs more. If you intend to use an optic typically a flat top receiver is a good idea, but don't necessarily need excessive rails or adaptations on the hand guard unless you plan on adding multiple accessories that again add to the overall weight.

>what's your budget

Seriously, doesn't matter. Not internet flexing. There is nothing in the AR-15 family out of my price range.

Not looking to buy shit I don't need, of course, but for what I want - a very well-built AR-15 + good scope and a few logical add-ons - the price won't be out of reach.

Ok. Keep bumping I'm gonna type some stuff out.

Noice. Thanks dude.

Open them in new tabs, idiot.

Britfag here, just got my firearms licence. Semi-autos are legal up to .22, however there is no limit in terms of calibre for bolt action rifles.

Any suggestions?

>Nice, are these on a webpage?

Read

You have 2 options really if you're wanting the traditional AR platform. You can have an AR15 ( 5.56mm/ .223) or and AR10 (.308). If you don't know the main differences between the two already then look them up. If you get a 15, I would get something along the lines of a Sig m400 classic. It's very well built and has ambidextrous mag release if you're a leftfag. I'd throw a an aimpoint red dot on here because they are built to take a beating, the battery life lasts for years, and you can use double a batteries. Super call of duty homos with guns will say that it needs accessories on a quad rail. Bull shit. You don't need a grip on a 556 as there is little to no recoil, the stock handguard is not only lighter but still very comfortable. Throw a good sling on there. I use a magpul prs or something.

If you go AR10.... set it up with a scope, any magnification will do since .308 is amazing. You may want bipod on this.

This is my m400 in the pic. I would have the aimpoint on it but I actilually prefer the iron sights for a more vintage m16 look.

literally THE best, in this order
>HK MR556A1 (top notch piston gun)
>Colt M4, prefer LE serial number (sex appeal)
>All AR's are pretty much the same.
Piston guns are considered more reliable than gas operated but they're heavier and have more moving parts which may have a slight effect on accuracy, but not enough for anyone but an expert to notice.

Can you guys have lever action?

Also you don't need an expensive gun..... you need a working gun and a thousand dollars worth of training. Don't be an untrained redneck idiot.

Yup

The only real thing piston vs gas comes down to is do you want to clean it more

Get a Henry in whatever caliber you want. I kinda like the mares leg in 357 mag or 44 mag. But a 30-30 rifle would be all your need.

All you need is a Mossberg 500a Pistol grip pump, Buy 00 Buckshot rounds for self defense in your home. You won't want to venture outside so you have no need for a medium range rifle. Mossberg 500s are easy as hell to maintain and break down. Very good weapon and can be had quite cheap used.

Another upside to using shotguns is you can set traps with just the rounds themselves; improvised mines. I'm buying my next mossberg on monday.

>I want an AR-15 but there are approximately infinity options for them and if I read another goddam redneck website the first thing I'll use the gun on is myself.

They are all made identically, really. Some guns from different "manufacturers" are all made in the same factory on the same equipment. See: Freedom Group

Any price difference you see, beyond how optioned the gun is, is based upon the actual manufacturer name.

>So, what is the best make/model/build AR-15 when prioritizing the following:
>- Reliability (does it jam frequently? can it get dirty and keep shooting reliably?)
>- Accuracy (what build is the sweet spot for close range on up to 100 meters out?)
>- Any shit I'm not considering

The best advice is to do a little research and read AR-related forums, and other places, and just get the gun that has what you need.

Since you're so new, I'd suggest getting the $500-$600 AR to get you started and just head to the range. The cheap AR will still shoot fine like the rest and won't have the shit on it.

Bear in mind the caliber of the round, 5.56/.223 will be easier to find; rather than a 300 blackout. If shit hits the fan, you'd want to own a firearm that's chambered in a more common caliber. 7.62x39 are pretty common as well. If your have a lot of money, Daniel Defense makes a damn good ar, but a cheaper S&W is good as well. As for handgun, look for something other than .40 S&W, 9mm or 45ACP would be good. Avoid calibers like 5.7 or 10mm. Don't buy a single stack.

Personally I would by a pair of S&W M&P15s and/or Ruger AR-556. I'd rather have 2 reliable basic rifles then a single high-end one.

The AR15 is an inherently reliable and proven design; so long as you don't skimp out and buy some bottom barrel DPMS or home built bubba gun. I'd recommend the Colt 6920, it's built to the TDP that the Gov't mandates for the .mil M4s minus the full-auto trigger group.

From there buy good quality mags, a sling, and some form of red dot optic (personal preference goes to Trijicon) or a fixed/variable magnification scope (again, Trijicon).

>wants a gun
>can't figure out how to view an image

You're going to hurt yourself.

>Ar-15.

If you want to be an absolute badass, you should get an AR-18 and a Spas-12 Auto Shotgun.

Don't forget your black leather jacket and Gargoyles Sunglasses.

Just build one my dood. Once you learn the AR platform and figure out how simple they really are youre going to want to uprgrade it. You'll want a better stock, a higher quality barrel, a more comfortable pistol grip etc. So youre going to throw an extra 100-$400 here and there for better parts. It doesnt make since to throw that ontop of an AR you paid $800 for.
So go ahead and build one. You can literally build the most sexy, accurate, reliable AR your mind can imagine for $1400 at most.
Depending on the type of enviroment you live in should factor into what type of rifle youre looking to build. Or depending on what youre looking to use it for. Lots of variables here. So figure out what you want it for and build it based on that.

You sound like a moron. You probably aren't the type of person who should have a gun.

Youre right, but that's an over simplification, it plays into reliability. You must clean a gas operated rifle more often to maintain reliability, whereas a piston gun is more reliable with less cleaning. Also the weight is a big factor, piston guns are heavier. And the more mass you have moving around inside the gun the more it will buck when you fire it. In fact you're wrong, that's not the only factor by a long shot

Just get any cheap AR for $500-$700 if you don't even care enough to do your research, they're pretty much all the same

For a mid level AR, the Colt LE 6920 won't steer you wrong. There's also the 6940, which has a monolithic upper (basically you won't have to buy rails for your handguard if you want to mount stuff on it).

To expand on what says about ammo availability, here are some of the more common calibers.

.22lr (extremely difficult to stock up on, people buy so much of it that many stores put a limit of 100 rounds on how much you can buy a day).
5.56 NATO/.223
.308/7.62 NATO
.30-06
.243 Winchester (another intermediate round a lot of people are fond of)
12 gauge
20 gauge (slightly smaller and lighter than 12 gauge)
.410 bore (extremely small round, not really good for anything other than plinking and hunting very small game).

Anything with a NATO next to it is going to disappear (possibly forever) if Hilary gets elected.

For a handgun that isn't chambered in 9mm, .40S&W, or .45 auto (the three main service cartridges), look into a revolver chambered in .357 magnum. Revolvers are very simple, reliable, and easy to maintain, and if it's chambered for .357 mangum it will also be able to load .38 special ammo (it's less powerful than the magnum round, but it's also much easier to control and won't over penetrate, so it's better for self defense).

>LE 6920
Good recommendation
>.22lr extremely difficult to find
This is some kinda fudd meme, just go online you can get any amount easily from a case of 5000 to a box of 50.
>all that other shit you typed
TMI, I thought he wanted an AR

Fuck, also forgot the 7.62x39 round. Which reminds me, the SKS is a great option for a SHTF rifle. It's among the most reliable rifles ever made, 7.62x39 offers a good balance between power and being easy to control, and the lack of a detachable magazine lets it slip past most assault weapons bans undetected. I don't think that even California has touched it yet.

JAHN KHANUH

Found it.

Patriot Ordnance Factory Warhog.

Now just need to decide between 5.56 NATO and 7.62 NATO.

Before anyone complains about price, yes, I have more money than sense. No, I don't care that I'm paying a premium.

eat shit

Gunsmith here,
Dont buy a Colt, their QC is shit and they are over priced.
Dont buys a piston gun, stick to Direct Impingement (DI/Gas). The piston guns are heavy, less reliable, more prone to failure and all utilize proprietary parts instead of Mil-Spec.
Dont buy any bullshit meme guns.

Honest opinion, go to a store, pick up a cheap as fuck lower or buy one off Brownells, namely Anderson MFG. Go on Palmetto State Armory and look at the daily deals. Eventually settle on a full rifle kit minus lower, and you can build it yourself for 400-500 bucks depending on what day you find it. I personally have mine built off mid length chrome moly kits. Avoid stainless, it is flashy and ruins concealment in a position if you ever need it, and it is not any advantage except on weathering resistance. Make sure you only use M16 bolts, AR-15 bolts are relieved in spots and are more likely to fail. you cannot make a machine gun on a standard AR-15 receiver so dont worry about the scary name of the bolt. Watch videos online and learn to assemble and maintain your weapon, because any SHTF gun you dont know how to completely strip and reassemble, is totally useless.

Hope this helps, also if you have access to a mill or nice drill press, and are extra paranoid, build the lower from an 80%.

This guy doesn't seem to own a gun or want to do any research and you'd suggest his first foray should be to build an AR? It seems to me he should just buy a cheap Delton or somethin like that. You can build one for $450ish but you can buy a delton for $500ish right?

Is that the gun arnie used in terminator? It looks rad as fuck.

I believe 5.56 is a lot more common in North America.
If you're getting the gun for the habbening I would suggest that/

A gun you don't know how to maintain is useless IMO, but your suggestion is also good. He is doing some research by asking here at least, could just go to a gun shop and ask for whatever AR. Lower assembly requires a plastic mallet, allan key, castle nut wrench and 2 punches. Not bad things to own for a happening weapon, and all available for less than $20.

The point of the build is not to make it cheap but to give you an understanding of how your weapon works. Just my 2 cents, If OP (or anyone) would rather just have something to have it, take this guys advice and buy a cheap direct impingement.

>This guy doesn't seem to own a gun or want to do any research and you'd suggest his first foray should be to build an AR?

This IS research, senpai. You know how much shit got weeded out just from this post? How much shit I don't have to look at?

And yes, I own and have owned guns, just not an AR-15. I know of no other gun that has the infinite options this platform has, so rather than wading through endless websites, I thought I'd ask here (and yes, I asked on /k/ as well).

Building my own isn't a bad idea, but I'd rather just spend the day in an armory assembling and disassembling random AR-15 configs so I'm familiar with the parts, then buy something that was assembled with machine precision by a company who has built 10's of thousands of them. I'm never gonna be as good as a factory or a top end armorer.