If this is so bad, then why does it spawn so much more discussion than Civil War?

If this is so bad, then why does it spawn so much more discussion than Civil War?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/67991015/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

idk man..

True kino

Didn't you see the thread about shills earlier? Warner is still paying

>Shitty bait threads
>'''''Discussion'''''

because even after all this time people are still trying to figure out how you could make such a shitty movie out of batman fighting superman

>Leddit

Because the films that spawn the most discussion are the very worst, and the very best.

Because it isn't, and the shills have to put it down.

>the shills are pro BvS
It's the other way around, user.

How much are they paying you?

Because people like you keep making this thread.

I wish I could get paid for liking BvS

The Holocaust causes discussion too.

I have never met someone in real life who liked BvS.

Then again I don't associate with neckbeards and children so......

That's the point. BvS is Reddit's 3rd most underrated film. Yet it's constantly on here and people pretend it's fantastic, like that tripfag.

What does that say about the users of Sup Forums?

Because DC fags keep bringing it up?

I have met two people that like it.

One is a girl that is the plebbest of plebs, loves mainstream weebshit but is otherwise a hopeless normie.

The other is a guy: reddit personified, loves Game of Thrones, Adventure Time, et cetera.

We have good taste.

>Reddit has good taste

How does the madman Snyder keep getting away with this?

Because memesters have found a way of making a meme. By pretending to like dogshit films and pretending there is depth and complexity by reading more than is actually there.

>The sky is blue
>ACTULAHHYY IT'S A REFERENCE TO HIS SOUL AND THE BLUE TINT THE FILM HAS IS TO SHOW HIS MOOD AND AND AND IT'S KINO!!!!

Plus cross-siters using it to shitpost on Reddit and here. Marvel is literally fucking nothing. Marvel isn't good but it isn't bad. It's paint by numbers. DC films have been bad.

not him but you're saying you're reddit? if that's the case we can put it with R&M then as shit to aggressively hate.

THANK YOU SNYDER

>DC films have been bad.

this is a straight up lie, the only ''''bad'''' one was suicide squad - unrewatchable mediocrity
but mos and bvs are KINO

- the scores
- the visuals
- the costumes
- the dialogue
- the references
- the fights

Kino

>If this is so bad, then why does it spawn so much more discussion than Civil War?

Because it's so bad, but plebs think it isn't

>the scores
Hardly. They share Marvel's problem of forgettable music.

Because Civil War was nauseatingly safe whereas BvS is controversial.

>Suicide Squad was so "bad" it beat Dr "Ironman successor" Strange even with negative publicity at day 0 and China pandering

hilarious

Do you think that Suicide Squad was a better movie than Doctor Strange user?

its only controversial in the sense that no one could tell the movie was horrible before spending hundreds of millions of dollars to make it

>5% female

more like 100% male

Its true, and also true for women as well.

Things that are controversial get much more attention, duh.

Controversial does not = good though.

I liked the movie okay, 6-7/10 on my books. That's why this is my first and only post I will ever make on the topic.

Strong opinions form strong shitstorms

Well the majority of Reddit hates it. It's like saying Reddit is a Christian website because some Christians go on. That's actually why they don't like bvs because of its religious themes.

Well I've met a few people who don't like it. One was a normie pleb who goes on Reddit and says his favorite movie is "anything by Nolan" I had him take a "how Reddit is your movie taste?" and he got this.

Because Civil War was generic disney flick #63 while BvS actually took risks.

Is it bad that I kind of miss Lex's long hair? I think it fits his character better.

>why does it spawn so much more discussion than Civil War?
Because Sup Forums is full of posters who are that critical combination of stupid, but with a massive superiority complex

While most people who watched BvS grew weary of Snyder beating us over the head with his on-the-nose symbolism (literally, in the case with Doomsday and the monument), BvS fans convince themselves that they were the only ones who "got it". This creates cognitive dissonance. Discussing the movie becomes a way of asserting their own intelligence, with increasingly absurd connections and interpretations being drawn out in essay-length posts of gibberish.

Most people were put off by Goyer's terrible dialogue, the messy plot, the dour characters, the shoehorned DCEU shilling and the tonal and editing issues. But to a BvS fan, the only reason somebody wouldn't enjoy the movie is if they didn't understand it.

We really need a Manta/Zoom: World's Pettiest team-up

being really, really bad isn't a risk.

Because it isn't just bad.

It's a fucking amazing film that someone had to go out of their way to make bad

It's like someone took a perfectly cooked steak and covered it in mcdonalds BBQ sauce

nobody ever sets out to make a really, really bad movie unless it's some c-tier asylum shit. snyder wanted to make something more ambitious than the by-the-numbers marvel movies but he's an awful filmmaker so everything turned out piss poor.

Oh, it's this copy pasta again.
>maybe if we make the reader feel insecure and make a weak critique afterwards they'll change there minds

its more like they took veal and boiled it until it was inedible, then suggested ketchup.

Same reason The Room spawns so much more discussion than Civil War.

Civil War was bad, but it was nondescript. It wasn't notably bad; it just ticked off the usual boxes. Boring's the word.

Batman v Superman was a massively overhyped disaster. It was notably bad, and for specific reasons. Capeshitters in denial, contrarians, and memers also flooded in.

>It's the other way around, user.
>Warner brothers doesn't have a marketing firm or vested interest in their capeshit franchise
Delusional.

Because it is actually noodle baking kino

considering everyone should've known after suckerpunch that zack snyder really should not be anywhere near a film production, hiring him and giving him creative control can only be interpreted as intentionally making a bad movie.

You probably could
Start a twitter account and constantly post dc trash and then reply to every dc material by the studios/"nerd" media sites tweets

>If Hitler is so bad, why does he spawn so much more discussion than Mother Teresa?

>If McDonald's is so bad, why does it spawn so much more discussion than Fogo de Chao Churrascaria?

>If Coca-Cola is so bad, why does it spawn so much more discussion than Domaine Wachau?

Warner brothers probably does have marketing teams to hype of there movies but marvel has been know to actually have shills attack DC

It's a solid 7/10, I guess people are sad it isn't better than that. Snyder has great vision but he never executes it well.

We all need to accept it and move on.

>It's a solid 7/10

Sure, if you work for IGN. The entire screenplay didn't mesh or evolve well enough for that. I'd give it a 4/10, 6 for certain stand-out scenes.

b-b-but he done watchmen!

The script is very bloated, has too much shit going on. A trimmed down plot which would basically be Man of Steel 2 featuring Batman would have been much better.

an ambitious failure is often more interesting to discuss than a tedious success.

Personally after all the talk on this board about how different BvS was from all the marvel films I was surprised at how much it resembled the small amount of capeshit I've seen.

It was way more interested in setting up the next 8 years of DC films than it was in being its own film or telling its own story. If DC had any brains they'd try a different approach, maybe even attempt to make their films work as stand alone features. But at this rate its gonna end up just like the MCU which to a non comic book reader feels less like a movie franchise and more like a never ending homework assignment.

>sounds gucci

Kill your friend

I thought the same thing. As soon as Wonder Woman and the Flash were included I knew they were biting off too much too soon; even Batman was pushing the envelope.

Honestly I would've expanded on Superman as a character study, expanding on his and the world's reaction to his fight in Metropolis and his development into the Man of Tomorrow. I also would've preferred an older, more worldly Lex Luthor who was right about Superman more often than he was wrong.

it's shit

BvS was going to be Man of Steel 2 but then Warner decided they wanted a cinematic universe too so they threw in a lot of unnecessary shit, Wonder Woman, parts of Batmans story, Justice League teasing.

Snyder is trying to make a Superman trilogy similar to the Dark Knight amongst all this cinematic universe nonsense and its ruining it.

they kinda shot themselves in the foot on trying to turn superman into an actual character. as despite all the shit they tried to pile onto superman to make it something other than "world's strongest boyscout," they keep having to force him into the boyscout mold, otherwise it wouldn't be superman.

Yeah, he says stupid shit like that all the time. One time I was bashing feminism and asked how he felt about and he actually said to me "well isn't everyone a little bit of a feminist?" I had an autistic fit over that.

You must not live in some spic country.

Mexicans love Superman because he's an illegal alien.

The problem there was in BvS's execution, and the main reason why I really despise it. It's not exactly difficult to make a believable movie about the internal struggle of a man with absolute power, even if he ends up being the world's strongest boyscout by the end. Hell, in the right hands this could even give his boyscout antics more impact and make him more likable and interesting.
BvS had, as you said, too much shit going on to bother exploring that potential. It had other things to do that it deemed more important, like throwing Shrek at him, shoehorned backdoor teasers, and pissing in jars. A side effect of this push forward quickly and clumsily forced Clark into good ol' Superman so it could get on with Justice League as quickly as possible.

In a word, it was a fucking waste.

You're not really this new are you?

this has to be the worst argument i've ever seen from a marvelshill

Because you can't really do better than the Marvel movies, but despite having the most known characters in comics, DC movies just fucking suck. Unless you're a motherfucking idiot, you know post Nolan DC movies are garbage.

Hell, even Nolan clearly stopped giving a fuck when he made Rises. It was easily Nolan's worst movie.

I'm sure a lot of it had to do with WB intrusions as they are notoriously shitty for that and always have been but I still think a good deal of blame lies with Snyder himself. I feel the same exact thing happened with Man of Steel just not quite to the same extent

MoS started off with some actual pathos, as if it might explore some of the loftier themes it raises early on, but quickly ditches that for a fairly aimless second act and an ending that was just another city falling to just another other worldly threat.

Snyder lacks narrative focus because he's really only interested in visuals and spectacle. Which he can do great things with undoubtedly but I just think he needs to work on some stuff with tighter scripts and perhaps have less control over the story beats.

Sup Forums only talks about Civil War's airport scene, nothing else, because they have no other actual criticism of the movie. And of that cherrypick, they cherrypick only two scenes to shitpost, the wide shot of the two groups running at each other and the same Black Widow webm over and over again. If anyone really wants to get into it, they might post quick cuts and pretend this isn't the standard of action editing these days and its exclusively an MCU thing.

Frankly, it says a lot about how insecure the few genuine DCfags on Sup Forums actually are. But lets not pretend the majority of these threads aren't full of falseflaggers with nothing better to do. I seriously doubt anyone on this board actually thinks BvS is deep. Its basically a big budget student film.

t. some user that wishes WB got its shit together

Why the fuck can't DC fans defend their movies without bringing up Marvel?

Nobody's more obsessed with Marvel than a DCuck.

>why cant PS4 owners defend their own console without mentioning Xbox

I can't wait to see the look on your faces when Wonder Woman gets a low RT score

>BUT JUSTICE LEAGUE WILL DO WELL
A movie that is so color drained and is obsessed with only Blue and Orange is supposed to do good? Not to mention so many quips with a lighter tone despite the dark color saturation?

Also Justice League is nothing but an alien invasion boring.

We have seen super heroes fighting bad guys over and over. It's getting boring now

>obsessed with only orange and blue
Like every movie made post 2005. You realize it's the best contrast for skin and that's why it's used right?

This DC "cinematic universe" is the longest train wreck ever.

This doesn't

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/67991015/

We still haven't seen Joss Whedon's Batgirl movie yet

WTF DC HIRING AGE OF ULTRON DIRECTOR

>unironically defending soulless filmmaking

It's like you don't even know that other colors are allowed in movies.

>tfw Man if Steel 2 will be cancelled because of poor mismanagement and movie studio impatience.

>DCucks will defend this as the release date draws nearer
>they'll probably even say that the only decent Marvel movies were helmed by Whedon to keep up the narrative

Thank you god Snyder

FEMINIST KINO

As much as I hate what is happening with the DCEU, Man of Steel 2 is a MUST to be made! Cancelling that is the worst decision possible

Not joking. Take out the over the top horrible CGI scenes and Age of Ultron is a great movie. By far the best villain and also I love how its the Avengers who are responsible for him wrecking havoc.

If only the movie had less humor, was more dark and had a better director - then it would be amazing

I'm just saying there's a utilitarian purpose for it.
You do realize no country for old men used orange and blue right? It just used it in a decent way.

Not every movie.

Not exclusively. That's BvS's problem. Hell, that's a lot of movies' problems.

It has lots of good moments, but the script is a mess. The only way that Hawkeye farm bullshit is justifiable is if he dies instead of Quicksilver. Twists only work if what you get is better than what you expected.

Of coarse not. I was really getting at Why it's used so much and leading towards it can be used good.

>If this is so bad, then how come people are still making threads to try and defend it with memes?

LEAVE TACO KINO TO ME

I'll explain why people and critics consider this movie bad.

This movie was the ULTIMATE dream of generation of comic readers, the battle of battles, the gladiator match of the century. Now if wrestling offers "Hulk Hogan VS The Rock", I expect a full match of people hitting and punching each other, not a match where people explain how Hogan represents Jesuschrist and The Rock is The Cross, and subtle imagery and people explaining why this happens, and the match being only 3 minutes and ending when they come peacefully because their mother share a name.

This is also why Civil War is so highly regarded despite being a mediocre movie, what's the scene everybody remember? The scene everyone talked about? The airport scene, the photography was bad, the choreography was bad, the stunts and jokes were bad, but it delivered exactly what people wanted. Superheroes punching each other.

I have one friend who unironically thinks it was fucking kino.
All my other friends who've seen it thought it was alright, it really isn't terribad or anything, but I can't suck it's dick like I'd ever want to rewatch this movie ever again.

>I expect a full match of people hitting and punching each other, not a match where people explain how Hogan represents Jesuschrist and The Rock is The Cross

So what you're saying is that people are too uncultured to enjoy BvS.

I wish they expanded on Supermans guilt over killling Zod. They could've made all of his boyscout actions a way for him to make up for killing one of the last members of his race.

Shallow Jesus imagery is not cultured.